PDA

View Full Version : NeoFrag logout

Dribble Joy
17-11-05, 21:32
I believe I am correct in saying that NeoFrag still moves the players body into the 'real world' before the sync has finished, which is a problem because of the much extended sync time due to 'rerolling' the char back to it's entrance state.

I have not just been pked coming out of NF, nor can I recall ever being pked coming out of NF. Going into NF for the first time in about 2 months has made me think about it again though.

Possible solutions:
Made the NF entrance zones safe zones. Not too keen on that.

Prevent the char from apearing in the game world untill sync is complete, either by holding it while the sync is going on, or keeping it in the NF world.

Any other ideas? Is this even possible?

SorkZmok
17-11-05, 22:07
I'd rather see the NF score fixed. And all those million other NF bugs. Don't really care about the long synch though it's quite annoying and i've already been pked leaving NF.

Another thing to my mind is the 3 drug rightclick bug on death. Pain in the ass really, happened to me in NF first that's why i come to think of it. One of the most weird bugs i can think of. Well, prolly 2nd place after the "reloading a psi spell removes its effect description" bug. :lol:

Kozmos
17-11-05, 22:25
just thought of one option, though havent really thought about possible negatives about it but...

what if when you zone, you have 'godmode' status untill you press something on your keyboard/mouse. this means if you fatal, you cant get ganked, if you long synch your not gonna just appear dead without chance of defending etc.

ofcourse make it so that essentially your game is 'paused' if you just sit there and stand still, your health does not naturally heal up, if you hit escape or alt/f4 or anything like that, then it takes your 'godmode' off to avoid laming that

Koshinn
17-11-05, 22:54
just thought of one option, though havent really thought about possible negatives about it but...

what if when you zone, you have 'godmode' status untill you press something on your keyboard/mouse. this means if you fatal, you cant get ganked, if you long synch your not gonna just appear dead without chance of defending etc.

ofcourse make it so that essentially your game is 'paused' if you just sit there and stand still, your health does not naturally heal up, if you hit escape or alt/f4 or anything like that, then it takes your 'godmode' off to avoid laming that

Um... no. Then you could unzone from OP UGs and get your ENTIRE team up. then you could analyze the situation and decide if you want to fight or not.

I think just not appearing at all would be a better solution than god mode.

Kozmos
17-11-05, 23:04
Um... no. Then you could unzone from OP UGs and get your ENTIRE team up. then you could analyze the situation and decide if you want to fight or not.

I think just not appearing at all would be a better solution than god mode.

when you zone up your lookin at the underground or up at the sky. if you can analyze the situation without touching your mouse/keyboard while looking at the underground/sky ill give you my account :p

point taken tho

Heavyporker
19-11-05, 23:45
Dribble Joy... think that it might be possible to make parts of zones safezones?

That'd be really neat and could find a lot of use, these localized safe spots...

Or perhaps NeoFrag should just get neutral Guards that KOS whoever pulls a weapon, and that anyone that zones out from a Deck has his weapon automatically holstered.

But, yes, NeoFrag seriously, desperately needs fixing (and more decks! More decks! MORE DECKS!). If that happens, I'd probably live in NeoFrag. Or buy an apartment atop a NeoFrag.

E. Cryton
19-11-05, 23:48
i never leave neofrag by the exit. i just relog.

ZoVoS
20-11-05, 02:40
put 2 (TH Style)turrets outside of all neofrag entrances. auto fire on gun draw like twisters guards. its not a place where guns should be anyway

Koshinn
20-11-05, 07:05
when you zone up your lookin at the underground or up at the sky. if you can analyze the situation without touching your mouse/keyboard while looking at the underground/sky ill give you my account :p

point taken tho

If you're serious I'll show you how to analyze a situation without touching your mouse after zoning up from a UG. Hell, I'll fraps it just for you if you really would give me your acocunt. :angel:

Kozmos
20-11-05, 07:21
If you're serious I'll show you how to analyze a situation without touching your mouse after zoning up from a UG. Hell, I'll fraps it just for you if you really would give me your acocunt. :angel:

and thats another reason why this game shouldnt have a local list in it :p

Koshinn
20-11-05, 10:41
and thats another reason why this game shouldnt have a local list in it :p

That's not the only way. Still offering your account?

Kozmos
20-11-05, 10:56
That's not the only way. Still offering your account?

what the hell sure, your telling me that while looking at the sky/ug without looking at the local list you can analyze the whole situation at a outpost ?

going on what here ? sound ? chat ? a itchy left bollock ?

Mechanicus
20-11-05, 10:58
/set camera_angle 180

or whatever that command is

Kozmos
20-11-05, 11:01
/set camera_angle 180

or whatever that command is

if active in the underground, you wont be able to zone up, as you cant 'use' stuff while cam angles all funky, if you zone up and then do it, youll be deactivatin the godmode as youll be opening rpos, and typing, ie making a input

Skusty
20-11-05, 11:38
Aye make NF safezone :D

Mr Kot
20-11-05, 21:00
If there was a way of preventing your body being visible in the next zone before sync has finished, the same would be true of all syncs everywhere, and that just isn't the case.

I haven't had a problem with Neofrag myself, but the safezone idea would be easy to implement. It's not like we need to use weapons in that zone; there are plenty of fighting zones nearby. If this idea does go ahead, it would be nice to have goguardians there too, so we can experiment with more weapons etc. there, without the risk of carrying lots of them through pepper park.