PDA

View Full Version : placeable nav-ray beacons

.hack//sign
17-11-05, 16:13
as the title says, you place it like you would furniture,only you can see it and you get 1 at a time, you select your beacon in nav-ray and it leads you,for those times you need to find Max in oz5 for the second time.

Dribble Joy
17-11-05, 16:14
Go for it, if it could be done client-side then I'm all for it.

In addition, we should be able to put tags on the sector maps.

.hack//sign
17-11-05, 16:19
yeah,did PP epic yesterday,and went to find max 2nd time,ended up in oz jail,getting kiled=/

Cerbious
17-11-05, 22:09
nah even better Team becons or clan becons... imagine u got a good snipe spot, or u need urgant backup yet cant describe where in sector u are or cant stop to type (non vent/TS users), rally points... just lay it down and ur team/clan use nav ray to find u, would also help if a newbie is lost and cant tell u where they are so they team u lay beacon and u can go help.

Kozmos
17-11-05, 22:18
one thing ive always wanted is for team members to show up on your mini map ...

RogerRamjet
18-11-05, 01:06
one thing ive always wanted is for team members to show up on your mini map ...

And sector map in F9?

vashtyphoon78
18-11-05, 02:22
just use the sector map and make it so when you click on a spot, you can get a menu to place a beacon here that everyone in ur team can see.

Riddle
18-11-05, 17:39
All good ideas tbh.

We need amore flexible system to tracking and getting places so any improvement here would be good

numb
18-11-05, 18:58
Even multiple ones would be good to have, there could be a Custom Points section in the navray menu listing all the places you have marked (this could all be client side aswell). I remember when I used to play quakeworld towards the end of my time on it my clan started using a proxy which allowed you to mark locations on the map. If the navray system is currently flexible enough to just accept co-ordinates (which I gather it is, when it says 'finding path') it doesnt sound like a hard thing to implement and this sort of thing would really put neocron a step ahead of other mmorpgs.

Great idea!

vashtyphoon78
18-11-05, 21:16
this might be slightly easier to implement-

do it like planetside. have a weapon (or in our case a tool) that is a laserpointer. point it on a certain place on the ground and it will set a beacon on ur teams (or maybe a clan option) minimap.

//edit

just noticed who post3d the thread......

Did you come back and i didnt notice? lol