PDA

View Full Version : NC Evolution 2.2??

jj dynomite
16-11-05, 21:16
I started playing NC during Beta. I played throughout retail of NC1. I took a break until about 3 months ago, now i'm playing full time again.

Since i started playing there have been those many...many little bugs in the game. I've always wondered if they were going to get fixed. And they haven't. So i ask, Will KK be trying to fix these bugs? I assume you have been working on it to some degree, but since retail release they havent been fixed. Are these minor bugs too hard to fix? Are they unfixable?

Some examples of the bugs i'm talking about...

* Mobs running into walls and staying there. The Jugg facility has juggs run into the wall and get stuck there all the time. They slip in through the doors and you cant get to them to loot. Roaches, bees, flies, etc. running into the walls and coming out from completly different areas.

* The "you have to wait a little longer..." line after you hack a mechanical mob and you can't open it.

* Droner PoV changes when you switch between runner mode and drone mode.

* Mob drops being inaccurate. ie Scary terrormaulers & grim persecutors

* Trophy drops not dropping from some of the mobs that are supposed to drop trophys. ie Scary terrmaulers, spider queen.

* Epic missions restarting back at mission 1 from the casheing errors.

* The infinate Syncing issues related to packet loss or transfer errors.

* Model errors. ie the PEs huge lip

* syncing into somebody elses body

* Unable to find the hack point from certian mechanical mobs.

* Invisible damage from x-ray cannons (warbots and Hoverbots)

* Clicking the Take All button and not getting anything from the loot.

* Looting...but the loot disappears as soon as you tab out of the carcass

Those are just a few that i've seen as of recent. Some have been here since forever and some are fairly new.

If you have any others to add...feel free.

Devs...are any of these fixable? Do you guys even have these on a priority list?

I've seen so many plans start then abruptly end without completion (zoo anybody?) KK keeps saying they're working on it, but are you "working on it" like i used to tell my mom i was "working on" my homework, or do you actually have somebody working on the issue?

It seems that new ideas start and old, half-completed projects get permanatly put on the back burner.

Any input from KK? Or will this post be ignored like so many before it?

jj

Asurmen Spec Op
16-11-05, 21:19
I belive KK has a programer just to fix these things, but its not exactly easy, and I kinda pitty the guy

Hell-demon
16-11-05, 21:20
I pity all male pes...... :(

Asurmen Spec Op
16-11-05, 21:21
I pity all male pes...... :(
Two more long pointy things to pwn you with my dear =O

Hell-demon
16-11-05, 21:23
Blimey! :(

3 if they are melee :rolleyes:

Asurmen Spec Op
16-11-05, 21:23
Blimey! :(

3 if they are melee :rolleyes:
kinky

jj dynomite
16-11-05, 21:28
I belive KK has a programer just to fix these things, but its not exactly easy, and I kinda pitty the guy

I pitty the guy too...especially these new changes that are on going are just adding to the list of things to fix. Can the team take a short break after the release of 2.1 and assign some more people to work on some of these issues before anymore new content comes out.

Hell-demon
16-11-05, 21:29
rumour has it KK has two coders and they are mating happily in their enclosure :rolleyes:

numb
16-11-05, 23:07
* Trophy drops not dropping from some of the mobs that are supposed to drop trophys. ie Scary terrmaulers, spider queen.

I have a spider trophy on neptune, looted from a spider queen I'm sure. Cant remember the exact one though. Got it from the zone east of Jericho.

nightwind
16-11-05, 23:44
ya but how many items were in the corpse cause on terra only 2 thing drop at max from a spider queen no matter what rank u are making it impossible to get

retr0n
17-11-05, 00:32
ya but how many items were in the corpse cause on terra only 2 thing drop at max from a spider queen no matter what rank u are making it impossible to get

Well, in both crp caves, and e12 I have looted as many as 4 spells from the queen,
so I don't know where you get the 2 items max from. Haven't seen a trophy yet
though so i'm not saying anything about that.

Toxen
17-11-05, 00:51
Not that spider queen Retron, we're talking about spiders not reaper spider types . Anyway response to the intial post coming below.

Dribble Joy
17-11-05, 00:58
Isn't the scary terrormauler from a run?

Toxen
17-11-05, 01:12
* The "you have to wait a little longer..." line after you hack a mechanical mob and you can't open it.

Boy you've been out for a while, most of these are long term bugs and are gonna take a while to work out. and some are just mistaking how the world works lets go from top to bottom

* Mobs running into walls and staying there. The Jugg facility has juggs run into the wall and get stuck there all the time. They slip in through the doors and you cant get to them to loot. Roaches, bees, flies, etc. running into the walls and coming out from completly different areas.

These are clipping errors, every game has them it just depends on how well a level is designed... correcting all of them means rebuilding every single level, soo time required for a minimal gain gets this put at the low end of the priority list.

This ones always been around, kinda random but its not exactly the worst thing out there, so will again probably get low priority

You missed off spider queens, and scary terror maulers are actually a mission mob and should have crappy drops when not flagged for mission. The grim persecutor is a recent one previous patch and its part of the screw ups with trophies will most likely be sorted next patch.

Again Scary terrormaulers are a mission mob and aren't sposed to drop trophies, there are only two types of grim trophy they are persecutor and chaser trophies. Spider Queen has been bugged for a few patchs now soooo dunno when that will get sorted some just have very long drop times.

Epics have seemed to be more buggy in NC2 for some reason, think timers are on the blink aswell. Dunno when this will get fixed.

Theres only so much that can be done to servers to cope with this packets can be lost anywhere enroute from your pc to the servers and back again depends on whats gettin dropped where. The zoning sequence changes brought about in NC2 have caused numerous problems I've listed them in a few posts and my thoughts on how they could be addressed

Tis nothing, you should have been here for the green man and new headgear last christmas that was hilarious but took a couple of months to get sorted.

See what i said about syncing issues and the zoning sequence

The only mob that has some real problems with finding the loot point is the hoverbots because its the smallest point on the bot at the base of the mob and is invisble. The others are mostly just your client displaying the mob in a different dead position to what the server thinks it is if you've ever dual accounted at the same place you'll see this alot just round around in a circle until u get a locked message then you can hack.

sometimes the sprites can be hard too see or theres a bit of update issue between server and client. again best way to observe these is to sit there with two accounts running at the same time and see the differences between what one client see's and the other one does.

Chances are ur either below the weight where take all works, or its another server to client and visa versa issue update

Update issue again.

ZoVoS
17-11-05, 01:14
rumour has it KK has two coders and they are mating happily in their enclosure :rolleyes:

hehe ^_^ thats why the zoo is closed. not suitable for minors quite yet

vashtyphoon78
17-11-05, 04:59
The current bugs that have been around since NC1 are no minor bug...and not at all easy to fix. the devs have been working extremely hard on fixing these and they are getting better and less frequent- give it time.

Sgt. Pepper
17-11-05, 05:22
Isn't the scary terrormauler from a run?

Yeah thats right.

ScaryTerrormaulers are Part of the Tiki-Run, which is inactive atm. And that's what causing the problems. Scary Terrormauler (aka Longkneckmutants) are supposed to drop a LongNeckMutant Carcass, which is made impossible since the< are supposed to drop Medkits for that run.

Toxen
17-11-05, 22:50
ok read this line again.... THERE IS NO SCARY TERROR MAULER AKA LONG NECK MUTANT TROPHY, THERE IS ONE FOR GRIM PERSECUTOR AND ONE FOR GRIM CHASER NO MORE IF YOU LOOK AT THE HUNTING LODGE YOU'D SEE WE ESTABLISHED THIS LONG AGO