PDA

View Full Version : on my knees for neptune

Dru Blood
16-11-05, 01:41
"falls onto knees and places head in hands and screams"

please help neptune!!!!!

the idea of the rapid leveling is great, however everything else isnt, there isnt a problem with the le that serves its intention.

what is causing a major problem is the amount of ppl playing there, people are joining the server capping and going back to there home server, hoping to come back once the population picks up, the population wont pick up if things carry on as they are doing.

ok so its called a pvp server, and non of us want a quake ctf with zone lines so lets try something different

1, make every item ingame bp'able and cst'able
2, make all imps available to vendors at a reasonable cost
3, make all weapons, spells, mods, ammo and tools available to vendors

this will keep trade active on the server, pvp active, and hopefully increase the population.

one of the main issues atm is items, ppl dont wont to lose there item after they have spent 2 weeks solid spamming trade trying to source parts for it, then another 2 weeks looking for a decent lvl cster with a 150 tool.

bloody hell! make everything available, lets make this happen, it will take one of you at your little office about 3 hours to shut the server, slap these vendors in doy and nc city make all items bp'able and lets see how it goes.

atm i dont think anyone is benefiting from the pvp server, esp not new runners, and quite frankly people returning are just going to laugh and leave again.

i love the idea of this server, now lets make it work.

opinions welcome, and no ban the le posts because we all know that we need the traders!

Kozmos
16-11-05, 01:43
if we just say on such and such a date, anyone with a char on neptune, thats equipped, and hasnt got LE in, ie pvp ready, logs on that day, just to see what its like would be cool seeing a day of mad pvp :P

Mechanicus
16-11-05, 01:51
ive got 2 kitted out, un led, capped chars on neptune (apu and pe) that i'll be playing as soon sa the population picks up

Transformer
16-11-05, 02:00
you might at well say it...just make it the test server tbh.

E. Cryton
16-11-05, 07:46
there are way too much ppl just pvping if they got a ppu on their arse. feels like there are more ppus involved as on any other server.
this is no fun, honestly.

remove ppu, remove stealth, remove le from neptune.

Terayon
16-11-05, 08:15
there are way too much ppl just pvping if they got a ppu on their arse. feels like there are more ppus involved as on any other server.
this is no fun, honestly.

remove ppu, remove stealth, remove le from neptune.

Yes, thats one problem, but then if you remove those the real problem emerges.

For most people i think it comes down to the fact that they dont want to lose. Lose the fight, or lose their items. Take away ppu's, and le's, and we will get a pop of 4% at peak maybe, and thats being very optimistic.

Ah well, a pvp server was a good idea, the problems the people. Its to bad. :(

Asurmen Spec Op
16-11-05, 08:16
I thought a pvp server for a pvp game was kinda stupid

ThrillHousE
16-11-05, 10:38
"
1, make every item ingame bp'able and cst'able
2, make all imps available to vendors at a reasonable cost
3, make all weapons, spells, mods, ammo and tools available to vendors

I don't agree with your opinion, i would say we need the Traders cause it's still a MMORPG Game, and if you have enough Money you can buy everything on Neptune! Don't need vendors imho!
For me Neptune is the best server i won't change to another! Tell me what are the advantages of the other servers? Except the crowd!

People where expecting wrong of the pvp server. it just makes it more easy for doing pvp nothing more! it still have to be a mmorpg game, evrything else would be a copy of quake, cs, unreal etc.

For me the maintain problem is "sorry OT" the LE, i would suggest the should make it an Rank 45 or after Epic Run drop. Means if you wanna be a Master you'll loose LE.
I can't see any danger for the traders. My alt char is 100% Hacker 175skilled and no LE, if someone try to attack me i use stealth and away, besides he uses pistol but truly nothing for pvp! Every Trader can do this. And on Neptune there are actually friendly Allies we go hunting like on other servers there is no 1on1 ally pk what ever. sure there are some ally pk but that you'll have on any server.

Neptune is best choice for me, cause i have RL too and don't want to spent 24/7 on NC, it gaves me options which i won't reach on the other servers.

Crest
16-11-05, 11:16
You do the math, KK say they wont make changes only for neptune, IE all the ideas of the the thread starter,

That said, neptune is as good as it will get.

Its sad though, a lot of people saw neptune as the server that would keep them interested, the failure of neptune results in 3 more people cnceling their accounts so thats 7 accounts - why - no stimulation, no pvp, high level of boredom. My 2 accounts have been canceled for a few weeks now, and one expires completly in 2 weeks time, the other in 6 weeks. Its kinda the time scales KK have to impress me, and my NC playing friends (whats left of them).

So much is placed on Evo 2.1.
I fear this is KK's last chance at anything - in salvaging the current game.
Most old players I have spoken to feel KK should take the NC concept, close NC down, either sell it off to a company who can afford the investment, or take the game themselves and redsesign it as a better quality game, reduce bugs and create content like dynamic dungeons for missions (Kinda tha Anarchy Model) while introducing more aspects to PVP, like op protection and so on ....

Terayon
16-11-05, 11:20
Why do you people play. You just sit here waiting for future promises while paying for it now. Look if you dont like nc, leave now and if you feel like it come back later. Im a bit tired of hearing the same complaining over and over again.

SorkZmok
16-11-05, 11:22
Making everything available would change what? It'd just turn neptune into another test server for setups and shit.
It's the LE preventing the server from working as intended. PvP server? Beltdrops everywhere including epics and no fucking LE. I'd try that first. If it still won't work, turn it into a pure cs server and let people start capped and shit. O_o

I came back for neptune but didn't even bother logging on there. Just went straight back to terra and guess what, i'm having fun.

Brammers
16-11-05, 11:28
Why do you people play. You just sit here waiting for future promises while paying for it now. Look if you dont like nc, leave now and if you feel like it come back later. Im a bit tired of hearing the same complaining over and over again.

There are flaws in Neptune's setup, which have been talked about endlessly.

For the last 2-3 nights I've seen the population of Neptune stuck on 0% - That's lower than the old Pandore on a bad day.

Does the zero percent strike you that something is wrong?

Crest
16-11-05, 14:40

Who is waiting again - waiting would be sitting on 3 Nc accounts paying every month and so on, Sometimes people utilise their current availability untel the very end. I have personal objectives I want to achieve - Like my APU on Neptune to full cap including int, and my PPu on terra to full cap including Int. that said, if evo does not deliver then capping is the last thing I would do in NC ....

I spell it very nicely, I done a lot of work in Nc, and time I can not put into another game for a long time. So if Nc fails to impress, then its not I am leaving for another game, its I am leaving. i will pick up other games like BF2 which require less time and effort and eay to put down at the END of a game

Riddle
16-11-05, 15:37
Neptune=NC1=Dead. End of.

zii
16-11-05, 15:50
Couldn't agree more, but you know how the history cries.

Z.

PS> 2 chars on server / 1 capped from when it was Pandore / 1 near near capped from Neptune. Am on nearly every evening looking for people to play with.

zii
16-11-05, 15:54
Most old players I have spoken to feel KK should take the NC concept, close NC down, either sell it off to a company who can afford the investment, or take the game themselves and redsesign it as a better quality game, reduce bugs and create content like dynamic dungeons for missions (Kinda tha Anarchy Model) while introducing more aspects to PVP, like op protection and so on ....

Hell, no.

As for dynamic dungeons: Yuk.

Digital-Talios
16-11-05, 15:54

Ditto

Digital-Talios
16-11-05, 16:25
Couldn't agree more, but you know how the history cries.

Z.

PS> 2 chars on server / 1 capped from when it was Pandore / 1 near near capped from Neptune. Am on nearly every evening looking for people to play with.

Massively Single Player Role Playing Game... :(

numb
16-11-05, 16:32
In my opinion LE is the problem. I've quit neptune now and dont really have the motivation to login to terra after wasting so much time on neptune. Biggest problem I found (and why I quit), especially with low populations - is there is no-one to fight ANYWHERE. When I left it was about 4% online average, due to LE that meant there were about 3 or 4 non LE runners on the server in total. It's no fun running around capped, with backup weapons, backup armour etc looking for people to fight with for over an hour only to find LE users in all the common spots. Managed to get some neofrag going occasionally, but that really defeats the point in me even going to the effort to have decent backup weaponary built.

Neptune is not going to get fixed. You may aswell quit the game or play another server. Personally I wouldnt return unless LE is removed and population increased, but I think it's far too late for a population increase on that server even if LE was removed, who's going to make the effort to return when the population shows 0%?

vashtyphoon78
17-11-05, 05:00
Neptune is dead. go back to ur main server and forget the disaster ever happened.

ThrillHousE
17-11-05, 11:01
Neptune is dead. go back to ur main server and forget the disaster ever happened.

Neptune is my mainserver :rolleyes:

Riddle
17-11-05, 11:40

unlucky :(

SorkZmok
17-11-05, 11:42
As if leveling and getting stuff on another server was hard in NC. o_O

giga191
17-11-05, 11:42
its coz everyone is obsessed with getting all uber 5 slot weapons of doom and all their mc5s etc. People complained about the tsu PEs who took 2 days to make, but really thats the only reason why there was anyone to fight

tomparadox
17-11-05, 13:12
I don’t see anything wrong with Neptune itself. I see something wrong with the population. People need to actually play it for it to be good...

I actually like the server, better than terra, even with no one on it... no "omg I played CS so im better than you" 10 year olds on it...

Mechanicus
17-11-05, 13:16
on one on it full stop

Riddle
17-11-05, 15:51
I don’t see anything wrong with Neptune itself

Only thing i see wrong is your font colour tbh :wtf: my head hurts from staring at the bloody text next time i'll just skip the post.

Dru Blood
17-11-05, 20:43

neptune was the reason i came back with a new account, i dont have a main server, guess ill be off again ;) flying visit lol

Zeninja
17-11-05, 20:52
I don’t see anything wrong with Neptune itself.
I only see one : the more people play on Neptune, the less play on the other servers, which population already severely decreased last year. Too much dissipation. At the beginning Neptune was full of people, and you could have noticed that Terra hardly reached 10% those couple of weeks.

Now "everything is okay" you can't even get 2% on Neptune and Terra is full anew :D

But, I'd like KK or players to organise one-off pvp events like, let's say one fight night every month, to make it worth leveling char(s) on it.