PDA

View Full Version : Evol 2.1 Engine Features

Thanatos
15-11-05, 17:54
Due to the graphics-heavy nature of the Neocron Evolution 2.1 upgrade, we focused the development of the graphics engine on performance optimizations. Things like accelerated grass rendering, an improved LOD system or a new texture compression system noticeably improve the performance. We also eliminated some old bugs, for example most of the differences between DirectX 7 and DirectX 9 renders should be gone or the zone borders have been aligned correctly so that changing zones will drop you at the correct spot in the next zone.

These new images show the pistol, rifle and cannon version of the plasma family weapons.

http://entry.neocron.com/news/PlasmaPistol.jpg
http://entry.neocron.com/news/PlasmaRifle.jpg
http://entry.neocron.com/news/PlasmaCannon.jpg
http://entry.neocron.com/news/allPlasma.jpg

SorkZmok
15-11-05, 17:57
Woot!!! 1st post yay!

Looks amazing. But whats LOD?

ZoVoS
15-11-05, 18:03
nice ^_^

plasma pistol looks soooo sexified

btw whats the dam polygon count on these guns... there looking realy realy well built.

=] plasma cannon looks like its a supersoaker with the 2 ammo clips =]

Dribble Joy
15-11-05, 18:04
Ummm...

*whimper*

ZoVoS
15-11-05, 18:07
Due to the graphics-heavy nature of the Neocron Evolution 2.1 upgrade, we focused the development of the graphics engine on performance optimizations. Things like accelerated grass rendering, an improved LOD system or a new texture compression system noticeably improve the performance. We also eliminated some old bugs, for example most of the differences between DirectX 7 and DirectX 9 renders should be gone or the zone borders have been aligned correctly so that changing zones will drop you at the correct spot in the next zone.

ima have to upgrade my graphics card

im asuming LOD is lighting on demand?
EDIT
oh it could also be level of detail... lighting on demand improvements would make more sence to me but hey u never know

level of detail means as things get further away they become less important as as such use lesser textures and lower polygons rite?

where as lighting on demand i think i remeber as being dynamic lighting of sceans :S like the glow from the plasma n such

[TgR]KILLER
15-11-05, 18:09
when my 6800GT can't run nc no more i gonna be scarred :p it runs q4 and hl2 / cs:s perfectly :)

pictures look damn cool tho =) not to worried about the gfx as in gfx card... more about the ram useage of those things.. 512 is still enuff to play games named above.. hope some "things" get fixed so its enuff for nc again to.

Tratos
15-11-05, 18:09
Ummm...

*whimper*

I could see that coming, hehe

They do look very good indeed and very sexy - it will just be a little hard to accept them as being plasma weapons after having a love for the look of the judge and plasma rifle for all these years, heh - if you know what i mean.

Also yes, what is LOD? lol and since the grass rendering seemed to be the factor that brought the game to a stand still when having veg on i hope we can all enjoy the full effect of the new vegetation without the loss of framrate.

Pungent77
15-11-05, 18:11
When can we expect to see more in-game screen shots?
Everything has been looking good so far, I want to see something in action.

Also another question, will *rare* weapons have different skins or share the same skin and have the swirly?

pabz
15-11-05, 18:13
wd :angel:

Dribble Joy
15-11-05, 18:15
It almost loos like a slasher, I hope it's big and meaty, not small and thin.

retr0n
15-11-05, 18:18
I'm making a judge pe!

They look awesome, hope they have the "glow" ingame :) :) :)

RogerRamjet
15-11-05, 18:25
Hmmm.

I dont like the cursed soul :(

ZoVoS
15-11-05, 18:27
I'm making a judge pe!

that would rock ^_^

unreal
15-11-05, 18:29
I just hope they can be bothered to update the weapon icons for the RPOS and such. I'll seriously hate it if they leave the old weapon icons while carrying round the new models. :/

Tratos
15-11-05, 18:30
And ammo icons/models

unreal
15-11-05, 18:31
That too, but you get the picture. :P

ZoVoS
15-11-05, 18:32
this was asked before n thed did say they were doing 2d and 3d modle updates including the items in the inventory so i think they are

Eckhart
15-11-05, 18:34
<3 Kk :D

L3Ts3L
15-11-05, 18:36
Looking very nice indeed. LOD= Level of Detail

Clive tombstone
15-11-05, 18:36
I like the Plas cannon look. Hell I like all the plasma weapons thus far. I was really hopeing for a update on NC's Network engine (you know, characters running/warping through walls?) but who knows, maybe with this momentos jump in quality, we may just see that in the future soon enough.

PS-Can we see the laser weapons lines and the street rifle? :D

PEace out, 5 stars

MrDomino
15-11-05, 18:38
i think that they look a little wierd also but im hoping that they look fine ingame, i imagine they will and it'll just take a little getting used to

they arent bad models, just different

Odin
15-11-05, 18:44
LOD = Level of Detail

LiL T
15-11-05, 18:53
This whole Evol 2.1 thing just keeps getting bigger and bigger, each one of these previews is driving me more and more into a frenzy ^^

<3

Kierz
15-11-05, 18:57
am i gonna die waiting to see previews of any of the melee weapons or have they been ignored in the update? =[

ZoVoS
15-11-05, 19:01
^_^ atleast i edited mine to include lod before u said it :D hehe yay :lol:

im soooooooooo looking forward to zoneing and actualy haveing textures that match the last zone line =] that will realy impove the game for me

Brammers
15-11-05, 19:06
I'm making a judge pe!

Just imagine this ingame. It is the dead of the night, and it's dead dark. You can't see hardly anything. You are sneaking towards an enemy op, hoping not to be spotted.

Then suddenly you see this green glow on the ground and your own shadow. You spin around, and you see 3 green glows and the outlines of 3 tanks with Cursed Souls taking aim at you...

That would certainly be a cool "crap you pants" moment! :lol:

ZoVoS
15-11-05, 19:18
Just imagine this ingame. It is the dead of the night, and it's dead dark. You can't see hardly anything. You are sneaking towards an enemy op, hoping not to be spotted.

Then suddenly you see this green glow on the ground and your own shadow. You spin around, and you see 3 green glows and the outlines of 3 tanks with Cursed Souls taking aim at you...

That would certainly be a cool "crap you pants" moment! :lol:

ninja'in a op :P i hope them tanks rip u apart :P

-FN-
15-11-05, 19:27
Can we expect all the Ammo (2D and 3D models) to be updated to the new images as well? i.e. When I go to a High-Tech Weapons vendor will I see that the Ammo types look different? I hope so :)

Digital-Talios
15-11-05, 19:55
Hmmmm just one more distraction when I am out hunting.... staring at my new plasma cannon while fire mobs are attacking ;)

Mystic-Crusader
15-11-05, 20:08
fuck... if they don't fix Healing Light im definatly rolling my spy into a judge pe :D don't like the cannon tho, looks just like a big rifle.

Even if it isn't a rare you wont be able to snipe with em any more :lol:

dark_reaper
15-11-05, 20:51
Impressive... muhahahahahahahaha, muhahahaha, muhahaha
Very good details. :)

Riddle
15-11-05, 20:51
Things are looking better and better! :D

Can't wait really :angel:

Clive tombstone
15-11-05, 21:42
fuck... if they don't fix Healing Light im definatly rolling my spy into a judge pe :D don't like the cannon tho, looks just like a big rifle.

Even if it isn't a rare you wont be able to snipe with em any more :lol:

Man, a cannon IS a big rifle heheh, I think it fits perfectly, Look at the size of the muzzle I think thatll make for a more appropriate muzzle flash graphic I think.

Also I think its a nice touch that theyve made plasma ammo look more chemicle (as in theory that a plasma weapon of that size would need large scale Chem batteries)

Asurmen Spec Op
15-11-05, 21:47
So, the grafics bugs will be fixed?
and it will be more optomized?

giga191
15-11-05, 22:06
omfg....even if the art dept did do coding, i would think this is well worth the time gone into it.

Shia
15-11-05, 22:28
Nice , is gonna make this month probly the longest november to date :p.

Roll On December !

Koshinn
15-11-05, 22:48
I like the old Judge better... I think DJ does too. But meh. I wanna see the assault rifle!

Skusty
15-11-05, 22:49
Sexy! :D :D :D :D :D

naimex
15-11-05, 23:02
Pimp My Gun!!

Woohoo!!!

Sexeh!!!

retr0n
15-11-05, 23:15
When can we expect a full list of features? Or are we doomed to wait up until the
actual release to find out?

Jagrfelm
15-11-05, 23:31
Huha, cant wait to see these Toys ingame.
Also, will there finally be different Skins for the P. Cannon and Waves?

giga191
15-11-05, 23:34
I like the old Judge better... I think DJ does too. But meh. I wanna see the assault rifle! there's always one noob who has to be different

MrDomino
15-11-05, 23:55
i cant wait to see if they redid the drones and what they'll look like

-FN-
16-11-05, 00:22
i cant wait to see if they redid the drones and what they'll look like
Oooh - there's a teaser idea if I ever saw one KK ;)

Hopefully the different drone types have different images now.

Any chance Holo-suits have been "redone" - y'know, into something maybe useful?

nobby
16-11-05, 00:24
I will be buying another Month of Neocron 2 very very soon :p

vashtyphoon78
16-11-05, 00:43
ooo......mmm.......fff......GGG SEX THE RIFLE OMFG AHHHHHHH time to use a FL again

Ryen
16-11-05, 00:52
Rekktor, I have a question that is really, really important.

Will it be possible to have an option between old weapons and new weapons? I'm getting a laptop soon with a shitty intel graphics card and one of the things I want it for is SPECIFICALLY neocron 2. It doesn't look like it will be able to run it with beautiful weapons such as these.

Tratos
16-11-05, 01:02
Rekktor, I have a question that is really, really important.

Will it be possible to have an option between old weapons and new weapons? I'm getting a laptop soon with a shitty intel graphics card and one of the things I want it for is SPECIFICALLY neocron 2. It doesn't look like it will be able to run it with beautiful weapons such as these.

Id make a huge guess at them being forced on - which is good imo.

Ryen
16-11-05, 01:03
Id make a huge guess at them being forced on - which is good imo.

That's what I'm guessing too :( Makes me hope KK allows the current models to be archived and installed as an allowed modification later.

QuakCow
16-11-05, 01:37
badass, though im not exactly fond of the new plasma pistol...badass none the less

ZoVoS
16-11-05, 01:55
Evol 2.1 Engine Features
With the free Neocron Evolution 2.1 upgrade, the graphics engine recieves a big update. Features like accelerated vegetation rendering, an improved LOD system, or a new texture compression system improve the performance, while the new weapon models and vegetation provide a much nicer look.

The upgrade also contains new monsters, new quests and new zones.

The images show the pistol, rifle and cannon version of the plasma family weapons.

mmkay

Siguršur
16-11-05, 02:12
I thing both the old and the new plasma cannons are to small,,, theyr just as smaal as the rifle exept theyr shoulder mounted and they realy disapear on the shoulder on a big tank inn PA + the ammo for it looks stupidly small too ,, I thing the ammo clip shuld be connected to the backpack of the model and I thing they also shuldnt be shouldermounted cause its harder to aim like that in RL.....

nice work on the pistol and rifle tough

but anyways I hope they fix the netcode + finish existing rarepool and fix cliping trough waals before they make the game look cooler... also configuring collours on PA's and vechs could be cool too

Dribble Joy
16-11-05, 02:14
Remember that you can turn down the texture and model quality.

Siguršur
16-11-05, 02:15
also ballancing existing weapons damage output wauld be nice.. so there wauld actualy be a point inn specing other weapons then slasher, healing light, or termi and earp.. and Holi lighting is still the only apu spell :(

Shia
16-11-05, 02:37
also ballancing existing weapons damage output wauld be nice.. so there wauld actualy be a point inn specing other weapons then slasher, healing light, or termi and earp.. and Holi lighting is still the only apu spell :(

Thats a good point would be nice to see ppl with dif set ups and still able to compete.

Dribble Joy
16-11-05, 02:43
*dreams of the pre-patch 124 skills....

Heavyporker
16-11-05, 03:39
Wow... love that eerie high-energy green glow.

About the RL-feasibility speculation of plasma weapons, almost certainly any plasma weapons would have to either : use magnetically-contained clips of high-energy high-density plasma (think pressurized propane tank that's been pre-lit); a high-output energy generation reactor, like a mini-nuke or micro-fusion, or somewhat less high tech but more plausible, an energy reciever like rectennas or something.

Dribble Joy
16-11-05, 03:46
Plasma weapons are more or less useless, as a gas, they would disperse very quickly, as in a matter of inches, loose their heat fast and even if they did make contact, not really do much damage.

Most 'futuristic' weapon systems are a load of pap, even if the energy containment/generation problems were overcome.

J a y
16-11-05, 04:33
ok let me see your test model and lets try it out : )

Ryen
16-11-05, 04:54
Most 'futuristic' weapon systems are a load of pap, even if the energy containment/generation problems were overcome.

Not saying I know a damn thing, but aren't laser weapons the only feasible type of weapon available in neocron besides conventional firearms?

MrDomino
16-11-05, 05:09
i dont know, a portable freezer that causes death seems pretty feasible

Mechanicus
16-11-05, 05:23
i dont know about you, but i call down lightning to smite my foes irl daily

unreal
16-11-05, 05:24
Smite the mighty smiter.

Heavyporker
16-11-05, 06:08
Plasma isn't really a gas, you know that, DJ. It *may* behave as one, though.

And at sufficient velocities, you'd get some nice distance from throwing some plasma, and of course, some pretty nice energy transfer.

Mr. Domino, the freezers in Neocron aren't plausible for RL. Get off watching Mr. Freeze whup Batman's ass in the (originial!) cartoons. Lugging around a big-ass supply of liquid nitrogen to use like filling up a super-soaker and squirting your targets won't come off well.

MrDomino
16-11-05, 06:22
you didnt catch my sarcasm, for it to work, you'd have to carry around a huge canister of liquid nitrogen on a dolley, how ridiculous would that be?

edit- after reading your post again, you do know how ridiculous it'd be.....

Terayon
16-11-05, 06:35
Plasma weapons are more or less useless, as a gas, they would disperse very quickly, as in a matter of inches, loose their heat fast and even if they did make contact, not really do much damage.

Exactly what im thinking. Would need to be contained until it hit somthing realy.

Also im fairly sure its solid, liquid, gas, plasma. Just proves you're point even more i guess.

And at sufficient velocities, you'd get some nice distance from throwing some plasma, and of course, some pretty nice energy transfer.
I dont know why you think plasma can get some nice distance O_o.

IceStorm
16-11-05, 08:03
I bet the Plasma Rifle still can't hit the broadside of a barn at 30 paces.

Clive tombstone
16-11-05, 08:35
Pssh, you guys keep on talking about "plasma this", and "plasma that" Ill take a nice Shoulder mounted Gatling cannon any day. :D

Heavyporker
16-11-05, 09:16
Well, yeah, normally plasma wouldn't be worth crap, but at high density, where there'll actually be enough plasma in a burst to power its way through atmosphere, it would be spectacular.

I mean, look, you can make plasma in your microwave. The low density stuff is still enough to burn spots in your microwave's walls. Imagine if that stuff had more density.

But then again, higher density plasma in a weapon might just actually be a particle beam.

And yes, for most instances, I'll take a gatling gun over a plasma weapon.

QuakCow
16-11-05, 10:04
er....is it me are are the new plasma and fusion modesl eerily similar :confused: ...i don't think i like that :(

Dribble Joy
16-11-05, 13:38
Plasma guns would work like an aerosol can, highly intense beam to begin with, but fall away after a few inches.

Lasers are equally silly.

Fisrt of all think about how much of the beam is purely reflected from the target, then think how much energy remaining would be needd to create the similar physical trauma as a conventional firearms round, the beam intensity would have to be INSANE. Everyone would need protective eyewear, no exposed skin at all. You would end up setting fire to everything.

Masers might work, but they are easily absorbed/reflected, would cause utter havock with electrical systems and would require even greater level of personal protection on your own troops.

And yes, plasma isn't a 'gas' but it is a fluid.

Anyway, i won't be ditching my judge, but I shall shed a tear every time I fire it.

boneybob
16-11-05, 15:35
Why are we discussing the finer points of R/L plasma technologies when we have no idea what were on about? :p

Guns look great KK! Cant wait for Dec :D

PS: The American military were developing plasma and laser weapons at least a year ago. The Laser weapon was tested earlier this year and they said the results were good. :eek:

zii
16-11-05, 15:43
We use a laser at work to act as an artificial guide star for our telescope. We need clearance from space command to fire it. Used incorrectly it could blind a pilot's vision. Its used everyday. Its big and unweildy and you won't be carrying it inside your rucksack.

landofcake
16-11-05, 15:48
woah,

it seems you guys are working really hard.

I can't wait to see the result :)

Digital-Talios
16-11-05, 16:17
Why are we discussing the finer points of R/L plasma technologies when we have no idea what were on about? :p

Guns look great KK! Cant wait for Dec :D

PS: The American military were developing plasma and laser weapons at least a year ago. The Laser weapon was tested earlier this year and they said the results were good. :eek:

One project is called the Promethus Project. The jist to the project is a "cannon" that can shoot a beam of plasma at a target to overload the electronics on vehicles and what not. It was designed to incapacitate air planes. A problem with it is that it creates tremendous amounts of excess heat and has to wait half an hour or so to cool down before the next shot.

At my place of employment we actually made a component for this. Its a rectifier that uses several "snubbers" (resistors and capacitors in an epoxy case). What was funny was that we had to reengineer the snubber leads because they kept breaking off from the assembly as the truck which the "cannon" was mounted on would bounce as it went down a road. :lol:

A future use of this technology after much development is using it on down enemy missile launch sites to destroy the electronics in the silos ;)

Tecnology is great.... it invents new ways to kill each other hahahahahaha... mmmmm rail guns :angel:

Dribble Joy
16-11-05, 16:49
Lasers can be used quite well for anti missile/planes, but for anti personell, it's all a bit poo.

You can use them to blind the enemy, but it's against the geneva convention afaik :p.

As for rail guns, they are all well and good if you can solve the energy delevery and storage, which as it is is poop. Way too heavy. Capacitors will never store enough to make them viable and batteries are just crap.

Good ol' cordite :).

Dominus
16-11-05, 17:05
And we're not even onto rail acceleration/sonic weapons yet! :D

Riddle
16-11-05, 17:55
Lets all agree they look good and will be a welcome addition to the game ;)

Bring on the player Model updates and customisation and my sunglasses :D

Shia
16-11-05, 18:06
I think i might start a petition , Give Pistoler's A Better AOE gun (the rocket launcher sux) and give PE's There Shades Back !.

Mystic-Crusader
16-11-05, 18:13
i wana know what melee weps will look like.

Inchenzo
16-11-05, 18:16
i wonder if the gunz get better sounds, cos most of them sound kinda pussywhipped

Clive tombstone
16-11-05, 18:52
I wonder if Vehicles ll ever get redon as well. Im not saying that there horrible (I personally love the look of the hoverbike and wheelers) I think the tank and heavy air vehicles could use a remap.

Dribble Joy
16-11-05, 19:29
i wonder if the gunz get better sounds, cos most of them sound kinda pussywhipped
Chnage the judge sound and I will have to get on a plane and start killing people.

Inchenzo
16-11-05, 19:32
Chnage the judge sound and I will have to get on a plane and start killing people.

want some company?

Digital-Talios
16-11-05, 21:04
I remember watching a movie from a college kid making a rail gun for a class project. He made all sorts of projectile "cannons" and the rail gun looked bad ass.

There was another movie of a company making one that was the mounted on a pick up truck. They shot the thing into a tanker to absorb the impact... neat explosion. ;)

Digital-Talios
16-11-05, 21:05
btw do a google search for "rail gun". lots of good stuff on there about the development of them.

Terayon
16-11-05, 22:59
Im pretty sure plasma is just a state of matter, not like a liquid, solid, or gas, though if it was similar to any of those it would be gas.

Plasma:

An electrically neutral, highly ionized gas composed of ions, electrons, and neutral particles. It is a phase of matter distinct from solids, liquids, and normal gases.
(http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=plasma)

Am i missing somthing here?

I think the plasma pistol for nc shouldent have that silly bottem bar connecting the handle with the front of the gun, and that the 2 fusion barrels should be a bit further apart.

btw do a google search for "rail gun". lots of good stuff on there about the development of them.
Man rail guns look awsome when they shoot, with the electricity arching everywhere. I remember hearing that today we have the technology to build one that shoots 100KM per second, but it would be pointless to make it.

awkward silence
17-11-05, 00:08
there's always one noob who has to be different

I like the old judge better... If the old one wasnt so good id like the new one too

Jagrfelm
17-11-05, 00:18
And I“d still like to know if they“ll also change the Skins of Cannons and Waves! :p

retr0n
17-11-05, 00:20
And I“d still like to know if they“ll also change the Skins of Cannons and Waves! :p

Yeah now that you mention it, will the animation or effect of the weapon be
changed at all? Because that would kind of ruin the "new" feeling to it, if it
was still the same old effects.

Dribble Joy
17-11-05, 01:10
PLasma is a gas, but where the electrons have been stripped off their parent nuclei. It's like a gaseous metal where all the electrons are free electrons.
The energy in a plasma will decay very fast as, though these electrons have been given enough energy to escape their orbits, they will take any opportunity to fall into a lower energy state (which is more stable a form of equilibrium) releasing quanta as they do so. This is in addition to conventional energy loss (thermal radiation, convection and conduction).
However, as it's nature is similar to a metal or ions in a solution, you can do some neat things with it, like plasma jet engines.

Heavyporker
17-11-05, 01:33
I'm pretty damn sure the weapons effects will get tweaked too. I mean, good Crahn, did you see the glowing on that plasma weapon?

I can only pray that KK had the foresight to up the realism on the PSI effects. Mainly the fire/poison/energy... but also shelters/deflectors. How about changing shield effect to a pulsating field instead of these CRAPPY vertical bars?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?

Toxen
17-11-05, 01:39
You all do realise that the first time this is implemented, with a large server pop it will fall down because of the extra load the servers will have to cope with to deal with all the effects.

Dribble Joy
17-11-05, 02:08
You all do realise that the first time this is implemented, with a large server pop it will fall down because of the extra load the servers will have to cope with to deal with all the effects.
What extra effects?

Virtually all of 2.1 is clientside...

J a y
17-11-05, 04:49
to the technology we have today doenst mean that other things arnt possable. some crazy ass will fiddle around with enough stuff to make something work : )

Jagrfelm
17-11-05, 06:59
Actually, I meant the Skins of the Weapons themselves, not their Effects.
Plasma Cannons and Waves look the Same, as do most other Weapons, no matter which TL. The Names could be remade also. And the Text in the Weapons Description Window. That one I`d do even personally, if KK would have me to, I“d actually love to do that! :D

SorkZmok
17-11-05, 09:50
You all do realise that the first time this is implemented, with a large server pop it will fall down because of the extra load the servers will have to cope with to deal with all the effects.What extra load? It's just gfx enhancements on your client. I doubt that'll change anything. It might even get better cause they said they've also been working on some bugs and performance problems...

Heavyporker
17-11-05, 17:08
Yeah. I mean, honestly, think about it.

Most of the effects are just gfx skins applied to space. If KK could improve these gfx skins (like making the flames more realistic by making it "taller", adding more transparent spots, and then it'd look suprisingly realistic; about that poison - making it more like vapors rather than puffs of green smoke, then we're rocking; more segments and more branches to the PSI energy strikes, then it'd be so amazing - like really seeing lightning in action)

Lookit these plasma bolts - just green blobs right now (nothing fundamentally wrong about that in Neocron), but I bet they'd look FUCKING AMAZING if they were changed so each plasma bolt has aurorae and streams around itself as it flies to the target.

Like making fusion bolts blow up in a cooler way - rather than the yellow ball, blinding background flash (bad for epileptics), and lame detonation, how about making it like mini nuke flashes? With the burning air, mushroom clouds and all that cool shit?

retr0n
17-11-05, 17:38
Yeah. I mean, honestly, think about it.

Most of the effects are just gfx skins applied to space. If KK could improve these gfx skins (like making the flames more realistic by making it "taller", adding more transparent spots, and then it'd look suprisingly realistic; about that poison - making it more like vapors rather than puffs of green smoke, then we're rocking; more segments and more branches to the PSI energy strikes, then it'd be so amazing - like really seeing lightning in action)

Lookit these plasma bolts - just green blobs right now (nothing fundamentally wrong about that in Neocron), but I bet they'd look FUCKING AMAZING if they were changed so each plasma bolt has aurorae and streams around itself as it flies to the target.

Like making fusion bolts blow up in a cooler way - rather than the yellow ball, blinding background flash (bad for epileptics), and lame detonation, how about making it like mini nuke flashes? With the burning air, mushroom clouds and all that cool shit?

YES! And also, if people are worried about fps loss, they could simply make it
so that you are able to adjust the intensity where the lowest setting gives you
what we have today, but the higher you go the more detail everything gets.
That way nobody can complain. Options are good.

Tratos
17-11-05, 18:04
YES! And also, if people are worried about fps loss, they could simply make it
so that you are able to adjust the intensity where the lowest setting gives you
what we have today, but the higher you go the more detail everything gets.
That way nobody can complain. Options are good.

Id be up for that, its something i really liked in Halo on the PC you could knock particlke details of weapon shots down without any of the other graphic settings to keep the game looking good apart from weapons.

EDIT: Would something like the new LOD system be able to do that?

Heavyporker
17-11-05, 18:14
LOD is level of detail, like what you see the closer you are to something.

Look at mobs far away, then approach them, their LoD changes.

Clive tombstone
17-11-05, 18:40
Im up for the redon weapons particles, that could really help out this games rep.

Its kinda funny, when I mention this game around my school (mind you a small portion of us are Game design students) Ill get a response about how they were in the beta, and how they felt It coulda been so much more (or I just get the response "That game is still around?!" :D . It seems like neocron needs something to make a big return with, and this could totally be the start of it. I certainly hope so.

PEace out

vashtyphoon78
18-11-05, 00:45
NC needs comercials. and advertisement. and a update to Vehicle physics. and new player models.

ZoVoS
18-11-05, 02:12
NC needs comercials. and advertisement. and a update to Vehicle physics. and new player models.

ffs we are all PA hores anyway nobody ever sees the skins... we need new pa skins. or a lil bit of cousomisation in teh pa

jini
18-11-05, 08:45
Hey this is a nice and mild way to nerf monk-o-cron. By introducing good rendered guns, people will move using them more than monks, hoping for better fights ... :rolleyes:

Tarn
18-11-05, 20:08
that would be good to see not as many monks, i like the old male pe model

Asurmen Spec Op
18-11-05, 21:31
I want my sunglasses back =(

LTA
19-11-05, 14:25
Well looks nice, not the fre fix i hoped to see but none the less nice at least it's something..like the new weps bout time they got a improvement just balance them :p Well spose the burst bonus on my plasma will suck but at least it looks good.

Just hoping the veg dosent lag me out because that was a reason i had it disabled, bad enough trying to pvp without trees and having lag but if they force me more lag i am gonna cry.

Veg = Good for Sneaky chars tho, one main reason i wanted veg was so spies can hide in terrain and snipe and people can ambush out of veg, just make the tree clip good so people cant move there cursor over a forest and target people through it unless they can see them or they aint behind a tree.

Shia
21-11-05, 02:09
A Plea to the Devs to include in evo 2.1 , Pleeeeeeeeease change the FIRE effect on yourself in 1st person view. Its impossible to see , its like being at a rave and stareing at a strobe light when lvling in El faid . it is realy painfull on the eyes.

ZoVoS
21-11-05, 03:04
A Plea to the Devs to include in evo 2.1 , Pleeeeeeeeease change the FIRE effect on yourself in 1st person view. Its impossible to see , its like being at a rave and stareing at a strobe light when lvling in El faid . it is realy painfull on the eyes.

then avoid fire... or set ur self on fire irl n see if it looks like that ;)

Ryen
21-11-05, 03:26
Oh hey KK remember the Attachments like the sunglasses and ciggerettes that were supposed to come with 2?

Please add those :(

ZoVoS
21-11-05, 10:56
they did say they would have a few surpises maby we will get our accessories after all

Shia
21-11-05, 14:32
then avoid fire... or set ur self on fire irl n see if it looks like that ;)

For one my post wasnt aimed at you , so plz keep your stupid answers to yourself. Second , have u ever lvl'd up in el faid playing a APU monk useing barrels? if u have then u know what im talking about , its near damm impossible to see in 1st person view , all i see is numbers on screen and can just make out the 20 stacks of fire running up the screen , while the strobe light flickers in my face constantly(er i mean REAL LIFE LOOKING FIRE EFFECT......).

SorkZmok
21-11-05, 16:31
Hell yes, please change this. Leveling in el farid makes my eyes bleed. It's even worse than leveling with a fusion cannon! :lol:

Dribble Joy
21-11-05, 18:51
The same can be said of all the S/D effects.

Getting shot by a libby with a heal running, renders your view entirely consisting of white and yellow lines, heal blobs and shot hit effects.

gstyle40
22-11-05, 00:54
. Second , have u ever lvl'd up in el faid playing a APU monk useing barrels? if u have then u know what im talking about , its near damm impossible to see in 1st person view , all i see is numbers on screen and can just make out the 20 stacks of fire running up the screen , while the strobe light flickers in my face constantly(er i mean REAL LIFE LOOKING FIRE EFFECT......).

i know exactly what u mean, its like that for anyone playin in first person. it kinda bites :lol:

Kierz
22-11-05, 20:09
I find playing in 3rd person but with a low externaldist almost as good as first person but without the pointless effects. Which makes me wonder why are they on 1st person but not 3rd, either remove them entirely or make it awfull for both (in which case I'm sure a lot of people would quit before getting eye cancer =p).

Shia
23-11-05, 02:12
i wouldnt mind if u could barrel in 3rd view ^^ , but all u do is barrel ur feet end up dieing cause u cant run :S

Ryen
23-11-05, 02:20
i wouldnt mind if u could barrel in 3rd view ^^ , but all u do is barrel ur feet end up dieing cause u cant run :S

What?

Shia
23-11-05, 02:28
What?
O_o , read it , if u could barrel in 3rd person view. then i wouldnt care about the strobe effect of being in 1st person view when u on fire. But when u use barrel spells in 3rd person , all u do is end up throwing the barrel at your feet.