PDA

View Full Version : More NPC Factions!

Tratos
14-11-05, 20:08
Something which i would like to see to spice up the game as well at the same time bring some visual NPC population to the game world is the addition, relocation and readjustment of non player NPC factions and the NPC involvement in current playable factions.

Heres some ideas i've had along the lines of this bigger picture.

Current Factions

We need to see more of the people who make these things tick! not just guards but traders, employees on breaks walking around the city and being in various restauraunts and clubs living like people should dancing in clubs - chatting to the bar keeper! we should see groups of people who are clearly from certian factions talking to each other in the street aswell as other none played civillians who are living out thier lives.

This would be a great way to make the cities and the much under used *recreational* facilitys in all 5 main areas in which you would expect some sort of population seem more alive and....used!

New NPC Factions

Dome Of York Insurgents
We all know the dome turned on TG and much of the Anti-City alliance when they bombed the Canyon all that time ago then when the tables turned and the bomb was detonated within the dome itself the Anti-Alliance (DAC) took the chance to move in on the ruined city and claimed it for themselves.

That had to piss off somone! Any survivours of the dome explosion wether mutated or terribly wounded or even who werent within the dome when it was destroyed deffinetly have a reason to be.

This is where all the remained of the domes mechanised army should be aswell as any soldiers who survived - not gaurding what was once theres for somone who just walked in and claimed the place when it was in a state of weakness Cohen the Barbarian style.

In the abandoned sectors of the dome we should see pockets of resistance made up of gangs of half mutated citizen/gaurds and average joes of the old Dome as well as have a small stronghold within the deeper parts of the ruined cities water cleaning facilities with repaired lower level DoY Bots which have been patched up and reprogrammed not to follow the central control node which i assume the DAC now control to give them some sort of defence.

This new faction would be unplayable and would be neutral to most Pro-NC factions with its main hostility being towards to new 'rulers' of the dome, some missions would be obtainable from them to Pro-NC runners to do small and large tasks to try and help the demise of the current dome government.

Neocron's Homeless
The city's homeless and the unfortunate have to be somewhere right? well we've all seen the bums laying in the streets of Neocron as well as the beggars and lazars in the sewers imo these guys should be changed.

Give them a reasonably large 'settlement' within the dark and dingy main sewer and change around their relations with some factions for example im sure alot of them claim its the governments fault they have no where to go so they should be hostile to the city administration and then im sure they'd be pissed at Diamond when they were removed with force from their living place when the money ran out - another enemy.

None Hostile Mutants
The homeless would have some allies in all this including the mutants who are just trying to get along in life with the terrible changes which have occured to their bodies - they havnt turned against humanity and become savages like the other mutants who have been twisted and torn from humanity by the effects their mutations have had on their brains - they would however still have a strong dislike for Protopharma who originally caused some of the more hurrendous mutations we see in todays mutants - lurking in the shadows of Neocron within the sewers in small camps around the mainsewer and some of the deeper cellars aswell as in the dingy corners of Pepper Park 3 trying to make a living selling stolen technology and basic supplies they find.

People Of "######"
Theres alot of settlements throughout the game world and alot of them have no one living there - i'd like to see this changed with some smaller factions offering quests to their allies who live in these settlements and try to get along with their lives in th harsh wastelands.

Theres alot more i have in my mind and i know these arnt worded greatly or explained in alot of detail but id just like to see more involvment and presence of none player factions!

Clive tombstone
14-11-05, 20:11
Five stars man, I love the ideas. I my two favorites would have to be the homeless idea and the muties. I hope somethin like this comes up in Evo.

PEace out

Heavyporker
14-11-05, 22:52
I FUCKING LOVE IT!!!

yes!!!

Ryen
14-11-05, 23:01
Neotokyo doesn't get any love today :(

MrDomino
14-11-05, 23:11
the homeless idea is an awesome idea.... a small little crappy sewer sector under neocron with a few stores.... maybe some of the illegal markets could be here.... a reason to get players to travel through some of the unused sewers

Clive tombstone
15-11-05, 03:36
Neotokyo doesn't get any love today :(

Yah I know, I wish they had something about em in the story as of recent, but I guess theyre saved for the expansion pack (whenever that will happen we hope)

Asurmen Spec Op
15-11-05, 03:43
YES

Five asterisks of sex *****

Dribble Joy
15-11-05, 03:43
Posted this a few months ago, extract from my forth-coming Big Fix Thread v2.whatever.

Faction relationships

I never liked the change to a very distinct empire vs empire.
The faction releationships before DoY were more diverse, however people showed that they were somewhat unable to work within it well, so it was changed.
The stark differences are too much though. The changes below still retain the NC vs DoY overview, but retains the more varied relationships as before.
Previously I just reorganised the factions without much care for any of the storylines, but now the new manual and history is out, I will.

DoY, In the storyline FA splits into a militant faction which moves to DoY and a passive group who run TH as a tradeing post. Here, this militant faction forms a central group with the previous leaders of the Dome, uniting other splinter groups of the remaining peoples left there, Enemy to CA, TT, BT, DRE and PP. Allied to FA, CS and BD. Neutral to the rest.

CM, as now in NC2, neutral to all but TG.

TG, The canyon has been recaptured, neutral to DoY (they never had a good relationship), others as before.

BD, finally they beat TS, kicking them out of DoY, DoY allows drugs anyway, so they are quite happy. Starts work as DoYs pharmacutacle (how the fuck do you spellthat?) worker.

FA, DoY's weapon supplier. Less radical members of the FA militant group and other not wanting to be so closly involved in the DoY group, reform the angels and move back to TH. Hostile to CA, TT, CS and PP. Allied to NExT, TG and DoY.

CS, following the increased activities of FA in the Dome, decide that they cannot continue being a main part of the DoY project and leave the Dome. They resume their underground existance in NC, based in the OZ church. Main base is under the church in c06. Despite being the enemies of Thor, they are allied to DoY by necessity.

The city factions are mostly allied or neutral to each other. BT and TT are still at each others throats, decending into almost gang warfare.
TS and DRE do the same.

PP continues it's less than legit work, and with BD gone, has free run of the drugs market, which it secretly controls via a puppet gang.

NExT becomes even more of an independant entity, takes over the old industrial areas of the city and sells it's vehicles to anyone. Strong links to the Mercs, but not direct allies. Allied to CA, TT and BT. Hostile to CS.

AB, (see individual faction changes for more info) Allied to BD and TG. Hostile to CA, TT, BT, PP, CS and DRE.

RM, (Regant Mutants, unplayable) Further establishes itself as an established community and begins negotiations with some of the other factions. Neutral to CM, PP and FA, allied to AB, BD and AP, hostile to the rest

AP, (Arachnid people, unplayable) Drives out Ceres troopers in Point red and sets up a home in the UG, small shops and services. Also has a base at the garbage dump. Neutral to CM, FA, BD, TS, allied to RM and AB, hostile to rest.

AC, (Apparative collective, unplayable) Sentient group of soulclusters, Based in the apparition cave at Tescom. Generall un-communitive with humans (or just plain hostile), loathe the Chran sect. Allied to the Mercs for some unknwon and mysterious reasons, and AP. Neutral to AB, hostile to rest.

JOB, (non-playable) The hacker group, populated mainly by AIs, though with a very small number of human contacts in the real world. Overall numbers very low, a few low intelligence drones in the WL HN highways, with contacts and bases in DoY, MB, The canyon and NC. Main HQ in the TH mainframe. Allied to FA, hostile it CA, TT and CS, neutral to the rest.

PG, (Psion Group) Indepentant group of monks claiming direct decent from those monks not to join Ceres before his attack on Jericko. Based in the PP church and the network of caves to the volcano (see later parts) and it's village. Hostile to CA, CS, TT, BT and DRE. Allied to FA and TS. Neutral to rest.

The problem is that of the HQs allready in DoY.
The CS and FA HQs would be secondary offices, the TS one could be a BD run club. The TG HQ could be the DoY one.

Clive tombstone
15-11-05, 07:16
Hehe

AC, (Apparative collective, unplayable) Sentient group of soulclusters, Based in the apparition cave at Tescom. Generall un-communitive with humans (or just plain hostile), loathe the Chran sect. Allied to the Mercs for some unknwon and mysterious reasons, and AP. Neutral to AB, hostile to rest.

There allied to us mercs because we made a temple to their god^^ All hail the Big yellow ball!

QuakCow
15-11-05, 07:43
it all sounds good to me....i would love to have atleast some random npcs that arent crazy around nc...like the ones in doy, they dont all tell you to fuck off. theyve got little stories that you can listen to and stuff

Tratos
16-11-05, 02:06
Yeah thats what got me thinking - random NPCs about the place it would be nice to have them especialy if they played a part in the politics of Neocron.

Ive been trying to think of more NPC factions but not quite sure what they could consist of.

Heavyporker
19-11-05, 23:52
How about a "Civilian" faction, hmm?

Just for the great mass of citizenry that aren't in a mega-corporation or propgandistic faction? Default faction of any newly-brainwashed runner from MC5! Default faction for any NPC as well, that isn't specifically placed into a faction.

Hell, make it possible for runners to join this faction! Make the civilian faction have like absolute 0 sympathy to ANY other faction, and you CANNOT gain any sympathy to ANY faction. But, hey, you can go into any City or Colony.

This neutrality means you CANNOT get any special items from a faction without a runner from that faction, and that you CANNOT use an Outpost that isn't set to ALL - not even the "Alliance" security setting will let you, a civilian, into the Outpost. Hell, you can't even DO CITYTERM MISSIONS for a faction! You'd have to, what, find other ordinary street NPCs that just might have the odd job for you if you needed cash now.

As a civilian, your Soullight is pretty much the only thing you got going for you. Better keep on the good side of that Copbot eyeing you. Oh, and you'd also be barred from the High-Level Alliance quests of either City.

Riddle
21-11-05, 12:31
Think all these ideas are great. Add more diversity to the cities :)

Heavyporker
27-11-05, 00:00
Hell, just more people on the streets, DAMMIT!!!