PDA

View Full Version : Evol 2.1 Faction Revamp

Thanatos
11-11-05, 18:10
In addition to major graphical improvements, the free Neocron Evolution 2.1 upgrade package will also bring a new gameplay features and changes. One of those changes will be the improved faction system, which adds more potential for conflict, mainly between currently allied factions. Old rivalries begin to emerge again and new ones appear. Over the coming months, the storyline will advance the evolution of the conflicts between factions.

To improve both the PvP and roleplaying experiences, the penalties for killing allied players have been reinforced, while the penalties for killing neutral players have been loosened. More types of zones with different PvP rules have also been implemented for a better gameplay experience.

Obsidian X
11-11-05, 18:14
In addition to major graphical improvements, the free Neocron Evolution 2.1 upgrade package will also bring a new gameplay features and changes. One of those changes will be the improved faction system, which adds more potential for conflict, mainly between currently allied factions. Old rivalries begin to emerge again and new ones appear. Over the coming months, the storyline will advance the evolution of the conflicts between factions.

To improve both the PvP and roleplaying experiences, the penalties for killing allied players have been reinforced, while the penalties for killing neutral players have been loosened. More types of zones with different PvP rules have also been implemented for a better gameplay experience.

Omg no more red-vs-blue?? Sweet :cool:
New PvP zone rules? Roll on December...

MrDomino
11-11-05, 18:17
thats really awesome news

SorkZmok
11-11-05, 18:20
OMG OMG OMG!

<3 KK <3

Now that sounds amazing. Let's pray it works the way it was intended. :p

CMaster
11-11-05, 18:25
Badassness

naimex
11-11-05, 18:30
When you say allied killings will be punished harder, I donīt hope this means faction and soullight loss in Warzones if you happen to be at war with another clan from an "allied" faction..

Or will we finally get the "Dynamic" faction sympathies?

Shia
11-11-05, 18:41
Haha punish those allied pk'rs :lol:

giga191
11-11-05, 18:45
KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

tis a good day to play NC

Dribble Joy
11-11-05, 18:49
Hmmm....

Slightly concerned what this may do to CM...

It's going to pointless simply increasing faction symp/SL loss if your symps and SL have little or no bearing on runner life.

We need faction symp to reflect shop prices, GR price (and access), guard reaction and a whole host of other things.

edit:
No OPs for CM ftw.

Kierz
11-11-05, 18:52
w00t :D

KK FTW, 2.1 FTW, 2 weeks 6 days to go =[ cant, wait, much, longer, using, unnessiary, grammar

Tratos
11-11-05, 19:02
Holy shizzle :D

Nice one KK im glad that you have taken the communitys feelings on this onboard.

EDIT: The recent Neocronicle article makes me laugh slightly with this new news :D

Dribble Joy
11-11-05, 19:17
Be great to see TT and BT going back at each other throats.

Cerbious
11-11-05, 19:31

aye never made sense.. bomb Dome (nc1 - transfering to NC2) then suddenly they allies.

this looks good though looks like KK considering the communities views :)

Jipz
11-11-05, 19:37
yoooohoooooooooo

pabz
11-11-05, 20:05
hopefully no more city v city, nc 1 !

jj dynomite
11-11-05, 20:06
I'm at a loss for words...

Thank you for the update.

Riddle
11-11-05, 20:16
Well i have just got to stick around for December now!! (when was i ever gonna leave lol)

But thats great news! Everyone was tiring of the Red v's Blue i loved the faction relationships in NC1 bring it on!

P.S. Forum is beginning to buzz with new stuff again maybe Evo2.1 will breath some life into this old game :angel:

eprodigy
11-11-05, 20:22
crap.

i hate you.

now i have to leave my account active a bit longer.

QuakCow
11-11-05, 21:04
mmm, sounds interesting...good job KK

LiL T
11-11-05, 21:15
great stuff

RogerRamjet
11-11-05, 21:26
I think ive wet myself.

Bugs Gunny
11-11-05, 21:28
Love it.

And actualy i think cm shouldn't have ops either.
They should sell em to the highest bidder once they have em.
Cm should be hired hands helping out at opfights.
Outside of it they have to be warhardened veterans with the "don't mess with me" attitude.

Digital-Talios
11-11-05, 21:31
yep sell an op to a faction then send a force to take it over again for the next auction =)

Dade Murphey
11-11-05, 21:35
Hooray!!

The side vs. Side faction thing has always bugged me...this makes me happy

vashtyphoon78
11-11-05, 21:39
i hate you KK.

AS SOON AS I CANCEL MY ACCOUNT YOU FAWKING ROLL OUT WITH THIS SEXNESS OF 2.1 -.-

now i gotta go have a pissing match with C2P again to get my account back and running

Digital-Talios
11-11-05, 21:44
NC runners are like the abused wife returning to the abusive husband ;)

Mr Kot
11-11-05, 21:51
Speak for yourself. You've always been CM haven't you?

I've been enjoying Tangent's neutrality with Biotech since NC1. We've even assisted Biotech clans in OP fights before now.

I've enough reds chasing me around the wastes without Biotech being yet another.

Digital-Talios
11-11-05, 22:47
i wonder how tings will change with the pro and anti faction fighting. I hope it will not be inner hostile fighting and fighting the other city at the same time. If this is true then it puts another nail in Pro City's coffin.

Asurmen Spec Op
11-11-05, 23:43
Thanny, have my babies

Toxen
11-11-05, 23:58
I highly doubt this will be anything significant, if u read into ingame events and little npc's that pop up u already know some of this namely the majority of this will be red pepper entertainments, with BD and TS re-estalished in PP, they'll be looking for more neutralitity with city forces, The chruch of crahn still has a welcome home amongst many members of the city so we'll probably see either a sect split from crahn or the crahn form some form of church again inside neocron for those wanting to follow the word of crahn.

System
12-11-05, 00:13
hrmm debates on reactivating my main account... Keep new things coming I might.

giga191
12-11-05, 00:20
can we put ally killers on a KOS list that restricts access to UG+GR etc?

Fero
12-11-05, 01:38
ubar idea giga :)
why nobody ever implemented it ? :confused: :angel:

nabbl
12-11-05, 01:50
no lets make it like WoW ...

we arent even able to attack Allies.. (f*** pussies)

Dribble Joy
12-11-05, 03:32
Speak for yourself. You've always been CM haven't you?

I've been enjoying Tangent's neutrality with Biotech since NC1. We've even assisted Biotech clans in OP fights before now.

I've enough reds chasing me around the wastes without Biotech being yet another.
You are aware of BT and TT's history right? O_o

Anyway, I was TT when I first started, I joined CM around May-ish 2003 when TCO started to collapse.

Transformer
12-11-05, 07:05
i think i just shit my pants out of happiness

unreal
12-11-05, 07:42
Just now I fell off my chair and tore my sack. I'll believe any of the promises being made _when_ it arrives. I'll be genuinely gobsmacked if the Evol 2.1 patch is here on December 1st.

Superbron
12-11-05, 15:02
This is good news I guess. I am very curious about details on this topic.

pabz
12-11-05, 16:25
i think i just shit my pants out of happiness

rofl :P

paolo escobar
12-11-05, 18:00
More types of zones with different PvP rules have also been implemented for a better gameplay experience.

OMG woot. Lets hope now finally those zonewhores will have to fight to the death.

Kozmos
12-11-05, 18:28
the way i see this is factions can now change patch by patch depending on how the storyline progresses.

not all pro city are green to eachother, some are neutral, ala TT/BT. they wont become red to eachother, but with the loosened penalties for attacking neutrals will bring the conflicts back

Dribble Joy
12-11-05, 19:07
More types of zones with different PvP rules have also been implemented for a better gameplay experience.
This is something I have been thinking about for a while, though probably not the same things as KK.

Like making inner city zones (Via, plaza 1, DoY-CC, MB sec2) triple symp loss, city zones (Plaza, PP1, DoY faction zones, MB sec 1) double.

Scanner Darkly
12-11-05, 19:12
Excellent stuff you sly KK guys. I knew you'd have a nice surprise or two up your sleeve in time for the winter break.

Here's wishing I had some sort of Internet in my new fleapit appy.

nobby
12-11-05, 19:57
Hmm sounds good!

I might re-activate my account if it's impressive :p

Mr Kot
12-11-05, 20:11
You are aware of BT and TT's history right?
Yes, i'm aware.

I was TT in NC1, and joined TT again a couple of months ago after a break of over a year in ProtoPharm, amongst other factions.

I know that there is no love lost between Seymour and Damion Jordan, but it was a relief that hostilities between the factions had cooled a year ago to the point that runners of one faction weren't actively looking to kill runners of the other.

Darkener
13-11-05, 05:33
seen other thread

Inntal
13-11-05, 19:03
I really wonder what changes for CM are to expect.
Personally I wouldn't mind not beeing possible to take ops for yourself, IF there is a decent hireing system or anything that gives us the possibility of doing loads of (op) fights.
Besides that I'd be cool to be neutral to all.

Asurmen Spec Op
13-11-05, 19:04
There is a 'decent' hiring system, DM

Kame
15-11-05, 17:02
so does it mean that CMs will stop losing SL

basically if the 'neutral' SL loss is reduced, then they will lose little SL for ALL killing exept TG, right ?
like less then they actually do ??

maybe some zones in NC should be warzones. for instance pepper park
move the smugglers to like, plaza, and then have PP warzone, plaza regular zone, and viarosso high SL drop.

Bugs Gunny
15-11-05, 17:48
Kame, CM lose as much sl for killing a neutral as anyone else.

And Intal, we get paid jobs as cm. Soon we'll be opwaring for people too.
Just negotiate a price and charge per hour.
It's been done countless times before and you as longterm FF, euh i mean FLR-Resdogz should know how to do it by now.

CM will probably get allied with some factions.

Clobber
15-11-05, 17:54
May as well ally them with TG.

LiL T
15-11-05, 19:14
Kame, CM lose as much sl for killing a neutral as anyone else.

And Intal, we get paid jobs as cm. Soon we'll be opwaring for people too.
Just negotiate a price and charge per hour.
It's been done countless times before and you as longterm FF, euh i mean FLR-Resdogz should know how to do it by now.

CM will probably get allied with some factions.

CM should not be allied to anyone imo, a change like that would make them = no merc, a merc is normaly an ex soldier who will fight/kill anyone for the right cash. There name should also be changed, the 'city' part is just too misleading they are not CA related, they should have nothing to do with neocron and nothing to do with DOY. They are not some poitical power that trys to hold outposts, therefore CM's should not hold outposts but they should be able to hack layer 1, 2 and 3 leaving the other layer for the clan which they are helping.

As for better mission system for CM's kill mission etc, no that would be too exploitable, if you want people taken care of DM any F.E.T.I.S.H member and it will be taken care of. We are very professional in our work and all jobs are welcome, there is no one we can't kill and no one is considered allied.

Kame
15-11-05, 20:03
while the penalties for killing neutral players have been loosened.

so

if CM is 'neutral' to all but TG (as it is right now)
then that means theyll be able to PK everyone w minor SL drop.
i personnaly dont like that idea.but whatever.thats me.

and CM does look interested in keeping OP
i dont like that idea either, they should have 2-3 OPs for GR purposes, and no way near MB... but whatever.

CM brings so much fun on the OP scene really.... :o

hell give us a warzone in NC, since everyone likes to pvp in NC.
with less copbots PLZ

and maybe, just maybe, faction alliance should be determined by faction votes...
kinda like the faction guy we supposed to vote for....
but that would actually change/matter in-game

Inntal
15-11-05, 20:51
As the other ppl stated before CM should not have allies, but also no "real" enemies. There is a "problem" (its a problem for some) though: once you have negative symp to CM it will be kinda hard to join em. as a positive effect perhaps inner faction ganking would be reduced (perhaps to zero as it should be?), and beeing a merc would be even more special than it is today.

If you get loads of jobs to do in F.E.T.I.S.H and get hired for op wars in teams usw. then this'd be a really cool thing. But trust me, we've tried often to do such things and also had some contracts ready, did some fights and so on... but this simply stopped due to unhandyness (eg long talks about terms and stuff, which you have to to if you want things to work out properly, there are so many different things to look at and to care for, and I don't wanna talk about difficulties when trying to explain yourself while only getting lame zerg and noob as responses).
I can imagine that its easy for one or two to fight together with another non CM team, but at the end we wanna have fights in greater teams. Consider that an addition of 4+ mercs makes a huge differences when you have a usual fighting force of ~ 8 ppl. 50% more will change something, if only the amount of "zerg" and "lame"

So all in all I'd be all for a simple and working hireing system, and then you can take away all of CM's ops.
But even without this I'm curious what changes are going to be done.

[btw ever seen a RD char fighting in an outpost together except for 2 occasions when we've been 1. hired (yep, we're CMs) by em or 2. an enemy had -18 sl and so led 2 of us to jeriko? - duel events in cyc do not count - if you want to discuss this issue further - ingame or pm]

Crazyball
16-11-05, 17:57
CM should not be allied to anyone imo, a change like that would make them = no merc, a merc is normaly an ex soldier who will fight/kill anyone for the right cash. There name should also be changed, the 'city' part is just too misleading they are not CA related, they should have nothing to do with neocron and nothing to do with DOY. They are not some poitical power that trys to hold outposts, therefore CM's should not hold outposts but they should be able to hack layer 1, 2 and 3 leaving the other layer for the clan which they are helping.

/agree

RogerRamjet
16-11-05, 18:30
[btw ever seen a RD char fighting in an outpost together]

Yes, i have.

SorkZmok
17-11-05, 10:03
But trust me, we've tried often to do such things and also had some contracts ready, did some fights and so on... but this simply stopped due to unhandyness (eg long talks about terms and stuff, which you have to to if you want things to work out properly, there are so many different things to look at and to care for, and I don't wanna talk about difficulties when trying to explain yourself while only getting lame zerg and noob as responses).
It's pretty simple. Pay us and we'll do most things you want, give us a homegirl and we'd do anything.

And damn you KK, where's my homeboys??!?!! :lol:

RogerRamjet
17-11-05, 10:35
And damn you KK, where's my homeboys??!?!! :lol:

I thought i was your homeboy, west side etc.

Tratos
19-11-05, 20:49
First stage of rot begins within Neocron's factions ;)

http://www.neocronicle.com/?p=116#more-116

Tangent and Next at each others throats? Schweet :D

CMaster
19-11-05, 21:00
First stage of rot begins within Neocron's factions ;)

http://www.neocronicle.com/?p=116#more-116

Tangent and Next at each others throats? Schweet :D

All the more reason to drive NEXT back to working with the angels - although these days the angels seem bent on power.

nobby
21-11-05, 13:26
soiundsd gfopopde!]

i canm't wait1!"!"]

gonna ben good for rleplasu!Ž

(Was written by my elbows)

Sounds good!

I can't wait!
Gonna be good for Roleplay!

mdares
24-11-05, 01:07
wondering if we're getting a symp reset/faction hop bot like we did transitioning from nc1-2? (havent plyaed since nc1 so my facs r fuxed...

Tratos
24-11-05, 01:25
wondering if we're getting a symp reset/faction hop bot like we did transitioning from nc1-2? (havent plyaed since nc1 so my facs r fuxed...

If you aint played since NC1 then you get your symps reset when you finally transfer to NC2

Tratos
24-11-05, 18:52
http://www.neocronicle.com/?p=120#more-120

Again the rot continues.

RogerRamjet
24-11-05, 18:58
Hmm, Tangent against NeXT.

Xiphias
25-11-05, 00:07
so tempted on coming back...

please, its been nearly 8 months since i got rid of the habit :(

PcP'
25-11-05, 01:14
so tempted on coming back...

please, its been nearly 8 months since i got rid of the habit :(

lolleigh u know u wanna

Xiphias
25-11-05, 01:21
omg nerf the usage of my irl name,

<--- wants to know who has the pleasure of having it.

PcP'
25-11-05, 01:41
omg nerf the usage of my irl name,

<--- wants to know who has the pleasure of having it.

i bet u do

RogerRamjet
25-11-05, 09:59
Ehhhh, unsticky?