PDA

View Full Version : What now?

Andy Starburst
10-11-05, 22:47
Well I've been playing neocron for a total of 2 weeks now.. it is my first ever MMORPG and I have enjoyed playing alot. However now I feel like there is nothing left for me to do? I am lvls 56/48 have completed the faction epic, done loads of the normal missions and I would love to know If there is anything else interesting to do other than repetitive leveling? Also I read a little about this next update they are adding.. what will be included in this?

I began playing this with my brother who although yonger than me has played alot of these games, he quit after a week claiming it wasn't as good as others he had played. Now obviously I am not agreeing with him as I have no idea what others are like.. what can neocron offer that others don't? what can I do now? convince me to stay. :)

Hell-demon
10-11-05, 22:49
Decorate your app, cap and join a clan and op, rolepaly :p , do woc..... :( .

Start a different class :rolleyes:

Riddle
11-11-05, 00:10
Not trying to convince you to stay dude but listen..

Have you joined an op war clan?
would really suggest it a good clan can teach you loads and you might make some friends to level with till you cap then PvP everyone out of existence.

Ever been to Op wars?
They are great in a sizeable team v's an evenly matched opponent team

Been to all the places there is to see?
There are stacks of places to visit and conquer.

Have you tried a different class?

Tank, Monk , Spy, PE?

Dude the game is what you make it :D

giga191
11-11-05, 00:14
It's all about pvp

Dribble Joy
11-11-05, 02:46
NC is not like the others where it's all grind grind grind, taking forever to reach cap/high lvl. The emphasis is on PvP and the RP, that as with others, is what you make of it.

There's allways the faction/clan politics to get into. But you need to slightly mad and/or made of steel.

CMaster
11-11-05, 02:48
It's all about pvp
Lies. Theres plenty else to do, and what you enjoy can vary. Explore the workd - or join a clan that lets you do whatever. Hmm, maybe I should do a forum recruitng advert for TFC again.

Mr Kot
11-11-05, 02:56
Have you done the other runs other than the faction epic?

The Reza's calling mission? Talk to Commissioner Lightfield in the NCPD for details.

The Canyon Challenge? If you sit on that side of the fence. Talk to Commander Hopkins

And then there's the crossbow run, the call of the hurler king, the Iceflash run and others still to come.

The trouble with this game is that the content is there, but many people just dont find it, or they hear of it, but never pursue it.

And that's before i even get into the PvP / OP war scene....

CMaster
11-11-05, 03:29
Have you done the other runs other than the faction epic?

The Reza's calling mission? Talk to Commissioner Lightfield in the NCPD for details.

The Canyon Challenge? If you sit on that side of the fence. Talk to Commander Hopkins

And then there's the crossbow run, the call of the hurler king, the Iceflash run and others still to come.

The trouble with this game is that the content is there, but many people just dont find it, or they hear of it, but never pursue it.

And that's before i even get into the PvP / OP war scene....

He's too low for all the runs you mention, save iceflash/amphidextrine. BUt - it took me a good few months before I'd been everywhere and killed everything (almost - theres probably something I'm missing, but not much.

ZoVoS
11-11-05, 05:23
Ever been to Op wars?
They are great in a sizeable team v's an evenly matched opponent team

onoz.... u mean wars happen where one team doesnt bring an army of zurging ppu's

>_< *shocked look* why didnt anybody tell me these things

:p :D

*edit*
sorry that was rude of me. i should stay on topic

first explore the gaya mines

there soooo pritiful n u should beable to pown the copbots at ur lvl

next explore the worm caves there interesting. take full energy amour (and a energy resist pot. proly in point red u can get em) or u will be powned bad. stay away from the aparition or ur erm dead (we killed it on a 3 meele tanks WOOP WOOP(ok one was hyb. me.. drawing out the clusters with ma big ol cannon))

theres all sorts of fun games u can play anoying the capped ppl if u dont mind being powned. like hit n run. u shoot from a long distance and try n see how long it takes for them to run after u n scrue ur head to the floor (carefull who u play this with, some of the comunity are total arseholes :p ) set up a few NF matches with people. alot of high lvls wont mind nurfing them selvs a lil by taking of there amour. or even dropping there guns so u can use em to test out the rares

oviosuly as other people have said joing a clan. i mean, thats what the games about. teh pvp.

take a SL hit by i duno... killing a stripper or sumin and visit the outzone jail

quite a few interesting places in the wastes u can go see. like getting to regence n seeing swamps full of laserblade weilding muties.

fly/role a alt who can fly a glider n fly over nc. its quite a sight

lots of stuf really

Digital-Talios
11-11-05, 18:06
Once you become familiar with NC and have mutliple alts then you will always be busy. Finding and iding rare parts, leveling, pvp, op battles, tradeskilling, running noobs out to mb or th, fighting the other factions, and the occasional my (fill in the blank) is bigger then your (fill in the blank).

I have played 16 MMOs and Neocron is the best game out there. It is the bench mark I use to judge all other MMOs. I guess this is the reason that I havent found a suitable replacment.

I have recently came back from a 4 month break with getting married and all and NC now seams like a totaly new game to me.

Now with that said this MMO is the best out there. However it is also the worse out there :lol: Beta old bugs and a sloth speed support keeps this game from being a "10" on my scale... right now it hoevers out at around an 8.5 ;)

Andy Starburst
11-11-05, 19:47
So i think ok I'll have a look round the wastelands, go somewhere new! enter a tunnel or something *bang* dead.. I look at my implants menu and guess what all of them have fallen out! takes me an hour to find a damn poker when I finally do I head back out into the wastelands *fatal runtime error* oh and not to mention all of my armour has been destroyed..

Riddle
11-11-05, 20:22
So i think ok I'll have a look round the wastelands, go somewhere new! enter a tunnel or something *bang* dead.. I look at my implants menu and guess what all of them have fallen out! takes me an hour to find a damn poker when I finally do I head back out into the wastelands *fatal runtime error* oh and not to mention all of my armour has been destroyed..

Then you lack the patience needed me thinks...Is this gonna be a rant thread?

Ma and others have explained there is loads to do but its up to you to do it or leave.

fschepper
11-11-05, 20:33
try to group up with other people.. neocron is no solo game..
it's all about communication & connections..

Digital-Talios
11-11-05, 21:29
try to group up with other people.. neocron is no solo game..
it's all about communication & connections..

Heck soloing Neocron is the funnest part and the easyiest soloing Ive done in any MMO :lol: I love the balance between solo and team work needed in NC. Reminds of Anarchy ONline that as soon as I hit level 100 it was only possible to level in a team and it took me an average of 5-6 hours to find a decent team and then only 30 minutes or so of leveling before everyone wanted to leave :mad:

Andy Starburst
13-11-05, 18:05
I feel like screaming damn why did I pay for those 3 months in advance lol however I will try to continue playing see if the game begins to appeal to me again however I just feel it is becoming very repetetive..

Asurmen Spec Op
13-11-05, 19:09
Leveling is repeatitive, this game isnt your normal lvling grind.
Forget lvling, youll finish soon.

and then you will start the pvp, at first it may be hard buts it gratifying

Hell-demon
13-11-05, 21:36
You could make it your goal to help n00bs and give them cash and items :angel:

Or go on a rampage. Nothing beats slicing and dicing the little shits :D

james_finn
13-11-05, 21:59
have you been to all the leveling spots there are in game? Have you joined a decent clan and made it to level 3 in the DoY tunnels? with a team of 10? Hehehe (Phoenix did that two nights ago, was loads of fun!).

Theres plenty of stuff you can do that isnt repetitive *shock* you could even roleplay a bit! *shock*

Delphi

eprodigy
14-11-05, 03:26
theres two things in the game:

- level to cap
- pvp

and there both easy. jsut grind out the levels in a week max and for pvp just grab a PPU.

Asurmen Spec Op
14-11-05, 06:11
theres two things in the game:

- level to cap
- pvp

and there both easy. jsut grind out the levels in a week max and for pvp just grab a PPU.
Your a perplexing person....

Mechanicus
14-11-05, 06:25
my routine of dueling, pking, opp warring, tweaking setups and occasional leveling has kept me entertained for years now

of course i would have been bored within 2 weeks if i hadnt had great people to play with the whole time, contrary to what these people say, neocron is NOT what you make of it, but who you make it with

RogerRamjet
14-11-05, 11:08
contrary to what these people say, neocron is NOT what you make of it, but who you make it with

Here here.

giga191
14-11-05, 13:13
if no one ever communicated in NC then 90% of content would be undiscovered

Bugs Gunny
14-11-05, 13:59
Travel the wastes and go visit some spots people told you about.
Meet up with people and try to join a clan.
Roleplay.
PVP.

So much to do still.

Crest
14-11-05, 14:27
I feel like screaming damn why did I pay for those 3 months in advance lol however I will try to continue playing see if the game begins to appeal to me again however I just feel it is becoming very repetetive..

Any game you play is repetitive, from Games Like Anarchy - where you level up and then do more and level up, and kill more and level up ....
Or like Battlefield / FPS where you kill, get killed and reload.

Games just have a way of hiding that. That said, NC offers a balance between the 2. Not over intensive leveling, and you can PVP at early levels.

You are at a stage in your growth wher eyou need to join a clan. I am not saying an aggressive clan who go about killing everything. If you like that then, yes there are those clans out there for that.

A clan offers you repair / construct / research and poking facilities, with the expectation of you contributing back.
Some clans are trade based, others are PVP based but they are all there to encourage fun.

Yes, NC can become stale and all, and is full of bugs. More and More NC is a game for teams and groups and not for solo's. Which is probably why you feel the pain of being solo.
Its Kinda lost its appeal to people who just want to get in with it, as it forces people to join with others, and if you are new and don't want to comit to an internal ideal, you are pretty much gonna feel it as a repetitive game

Zefrian
14-11-05, 14:56
Andy Starburst,

di you found/saw:

* the big Yellow mysterious ball?
* The ceres temple?
* The big Warbot?
* Gaya mines?
* the "Twister" (is it called this way?) in the Wastelands?
* The DoY-Tunnels?
* Juggernaut?

and so on, and so on...

Some Buildings in the wastelands also have some cave entries. Did you found them all?

You surely have not seen everything in the game. Even I - playing neocron round about 3 years now - have not seen everything.

nostramo
14-11-05, 15:14

Join a clan. This is what makes NC different to all other MMORPGs --> Clans are significant for playing the game. Leveling, PvE is just the smaller part of NC. Player vs. player fights are the main goal!

Digital-Talios
14-11-05, 16:50
Andy Starburst,

di you found/saw:

* the big Yellow mysterious ball?
* The ceres temple?
* The big Warbot?
* Gaya mines?
* the "Twister" (is it called this way?) in the Wastelands?
* The DoY-Tunnels?
* Juggernaut?

and so on, and so on...

Some Buildings in the wastelands also have some cave entries. Did you found them all?

You surely have not seen everything in the game. Even I - playing neocron round about 3 years now - have not seen everything.

Ive been playing for about 3 years now and only ever saw the Gaya Mines :eek:

Crest
14-11-05, 17:38
* the big Yellow mysterious ball? - Saw a picture
* The ceres temple? - The What
* The big Warbot? - Yes
* Gaya mines? - Yes
* the "Twister" (is it called this way?) in the Wastelands? - Yes
* The DoY-Tunnels? - Hmmm still need a ppu - yes
* Juggernaut? - Yes - stopped off for a drink at twister on the way there.

Bugs Gunny
14-11-05, 17:40
The ceres temple is in the center of one of the swampzones in the west.
It's a realy nicely designed place.

ZoVoS
14-11-05, 18:44
lol we will all visit the temple eventualy =] ok maby the lazi arse pe's wont unles they want there xbows

james_finn
14-11-05, 18:55
Ok heres a few more:

-> Seen the Doom Harbingers?
-> Been through the "whole" mainsewer in neocron city?
-> Been to the graves?
-> Killed a Krik'nah?
-> Found the secret exit from neocron to the wastes?
-> Found the secret Crahn Temple?
-> Found the Crahn Church?
-> Been to the Jail?

and of course:

-> Seen the BYB?

Ive been playing since beta 4, and it was only the other day I saw the BYB - I always thought it was just a rumour!

Theres plenty to see and do, just make sure you join the right kind of clan that will take you to do those sorts of things!

Delphi

Crest
14-11-05, 18:58
Ok heres a few more:

-> Seen the Doom Harbingers? - Yes ... been there
-> Been through the "whole" mainsewer in neocron city? - After 4 years, i explored here the other night
-> Been to the graves? - Yip
-> Killed a Krik'nah? - Yes
-> Found the secret exit from neocron to the wastes? - Yes
-> Found the secret Crahn Temple? - The one for the PA's in NC 1 ?
-> Found the Crahn Church? -- yes
-> Been to the Jail? -- And gambled too

and of course:

-> Seen the BYB? - Still i seen pictures - Anyone wanna telll me wher eit is, just drop me a pm ...

Mechanicus
14-11-05, 19:04
yeah where is that thing

Shia
14-11-05, 19:36
givf loc of BYB and what the hell is it lol :P

james_finn
14-11-05, 21:04
Tbh, im not going to give away the position of the ByB as its a secret and supposed to be so, all Im going to say is it requires two people, one must be a hacker, and its in Military base! Happy hunting!

Delphi

Andy Starburst
15-11-05, 00:15
the what?? o_O

Tratos
15-11-05, 00:54
I've been the the BYB (Or "Big Yellow Ball"), i've been a few times ;) exploration is the key and trying to get it out of people in roleplay style just adds to the mystery.

james_finn
15-11-05, 02:26
exactly andy thats what we mean, there is much more to the game, than you have seen in 3 weeks, like I said I have played for 3-4 years (since the original beta 4) and still find some new stuff occasionally. But there is also the end game, when your capped, and you have spells/weapons that are all high slottage, and you team up with your clan and take outposts. To me that is more fun than the initial leveling!

If you want to find out about the BYB why not talk to me, or maybe some of my clan (Phoenix Ltd) in roleplay, and Im sure we can help you in some way!

Delphi

bounty
15-11-05, 02:35
This game's finest points don't start coming out until you start end game pvping, but that is just my opinion. I enjoyed, too, roleplay and the business side to things too when the population was a tad higher.

sanityislost
15-11-05, 03:41
Bounty.....SEX!!!

SiL ..:..

eprodigy
15-11-05, 08:03
all those things mentioned suck though... exploration is GREAT in nc if you enjoy seeing the same things in different places with different names. pvp is the game sry.

the big yellow ball?? is lame... id tell you where it is but you'd go there and and it aint worth wasting your time.

james_finn
15-11-05, 11:35
oh thats fine eprodigy, I take it your not here for the roleplay then? But imho roleplay is one of the best bits of this game, just a shame more people dont do it!

Dont get me wrong I enjoy PvP as much as the next person, but its not all there is at the end of the game. Have you ever been to the level three of the DoY tunnels and completed a run? Hmmm..... Id guess not seen as PvP is all you play for.

Digital-Talios
15-11-05, 15:06
If you roleplay in NC then poeople look at you like your wierd or something. :rolleyes:

Bugs Gunny
15-11-05, 15:17
Digital, that's because our roleplay IS weird.

ZoVoS
15-11-05, 19:22
well fetish is anyway :P

meh tis all good. nc is good because u have to think unlike a normal fps

we have setups we have variation we have tactics

the pvp in this game is good because you can play it how u like it

and setting up the perfect character. then scrapping and reroaling., or loming is what makes ppl stay. to be THE BESTthat u can be.

Digital-Talios
15-11-05, 19:59
Digital, that's because our roleplay IS weird.

Yes, that thing we did with that Drom was wierd but I am talking in roleplaying in general. :D

darkservent
16-11-05, 18:50
Forget all the suggestions on what NC can offer you. Ill tell you what it can offer you..................................................................A GREAT FUCKING VIRTUAL CHAT ROOM!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well other than that go get yourself tigerblood and larent drugs/mod. Good luck though in finding em.