PDA

View Full Version : Neocron: Beyond anything weve seen yet

Hell-demon
10-11-05, 21:34
May I direct your attention to this

FUCK! (www.neocron.com)

After evo a new plot will happen. All I know is Kk got a new writer and hes good. Also that the new plot is gonna be fantastic.

Maybe its what we all knew would happen the mutants getting their own back. All I know is the story is gonna happen soon and you better be prepared.

Tratos
10-11-05, 21:38
How do you know this?!?!

Also that image looks uber - if you would like to stare at it for a bit longer than the page reload allows - http://neocron.com/NMEproject.jpg

It looks win.

Hell-demon
10-11-05, 21:41
Lets do some analysis

These aren't normal mutants. One in the back is a huge mutant with tentacles or what ever sprouting from him.

Other side we have suit claded G-men with guns. One has a wierd bag on his head :wtf:

NetChronox
10-11-05, 21:44
This picture looks awsome! But whats the NME project :confused:

Hell-demon
10-11-05, 21:46
NME project the name of the story project. Its gonna be a big ordeal.

Specualtion wise we can assume the new dungeons in evo is gonna have one housing these happy little guys. Maybe they are from regants, or the sewers. An ex-doy project or the colonisers from irata returned.....

Tratos
10-11-05, 21:53
i know its a bit daft but it could be No More Elves

Also i realised how stupoid i sounded in that second post, lol i hope we do see these new guys in Evo 2.1 :D

EDIT: This would also give a reason for the large amount of Neocronicle/VoTR responses we are supposed to recieve as i doubt it would be "mysterious beings have haxx0rd our trees over night!"

NetChronox
10-11-05, 21:56
Story project ? :wtf: I don't know...

Hell-demon
10-11-05, 21:56
The story will kick off after evo mainly becuase the engine will support these new models.

Looking at the picture these guys look a bit more mutanty than normal. They have no clothes for one. Less humanity about them more alien. They also have something attached to their heads. We looking at a mutation or aliens? I get the impression they might be a hive mind like The Many .

What ever they are I doubt they can take a shotgun blast to the head any easier :D

Clive tombstone
10-11-05, 22:00
Ooo, Head explody would be a nice addition to the game now wouldnt it?^^ But yah I pray in Evo we get some nice to NPC/player models it would be a bit refreshing.

PEace out

NetChronox
10-11-05, 22:03
I think kk said that they wont change the player models but mainly the weapons and vegetation. If they come up whith some decent npc models... even better :D

Argent
10-11-05, 22:04
Holy smoke!

Looks swell! That's all I can say....

fschepper
10-11-05, 22:04
But yah I pray in Evo we get some nice to NPC/player models it would be a bit refreshing.
The humans are mrs & mr. jones.. so nothing new...

Demental
10-11-05, 22:05
Dont get your hopes up. I myself hope they do good with this. Would be nice to have a reason to re-activate.

Hell-demon
10-11-05, 22:06
Nope not Mr.Jones

Guy has hair and the other has......wtf has he got? O_o

Tratos
10-11-05, 22:08
It was said an NPC (Gaurds/Vendor/Employee) revamp would be the focus of another Evolution stage.

fschepper
10-11-05, 22:08
Guy has hair (..)
it's a girl... mrs. jones, like i said before... trust me.. it's true... no new player models..

Hell-demon
10-11-05, 22:09
a girl? it looks like her head is a malformed turnip o_O

Dominus
10-11-05, 22:16
Here's some detailed analysis:

http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/3725/lolneocron3qs.png

:p

Ryen
10-11-05, 22:20
They just look like two generic runners, but the monsters have me intrigued.

Actually, I'm fucking excited for evol 2.1 now.

Edit: I hearby volunteer GoonSquad for service against WHATEVERTHEFUCKTHOSETHINGSAREOHGODKILLTHEMNOW.

Thank you.

fschepper
10-11-05, 22:24
a girl? it looks like her head is a malformed turnip o_O
a girl... u can see the silhouette of her tits in this pic:

http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/3725/lolneocron3qs.png

edit: She has two pistols.. :wtf:

NetChronox
10-11-05, 22:25
i know its a bit daft but it could be No More Elves

I think you could be right. KK said that they would so some "No More Elves" actions...

Hell-demon
10-11-05, 22:39
I dont think its Mr.Jones I think its some other G-man.

Also Jones weapon of choice is the dual shot gun pistols :D

CMaster
10-11-05, 23:03
The Humans are weraing the new male + female GM skins.
As for the mutants, I see a whole horde of Mutant Scouts, and an Arachnid.

Hell-demon
10-11-05, 23:06
i cant make out the female skin very well looks like a deformed turnip to me.

Closer inspection it is mr jones with the rifle :rolleyes:

SorkZmok
10-11-05, 23:16
Holy shit, that pic is AMAZING.

Can't wait for the dec 1!

*drools*

NetChronox
10-11-05, 23:20
I doubt it's a screenshot - but still ... I still wonder what kind of "no more elves" thing we have to expect. KK?

Riddle
10-11-05, 23:22
OMG If only it could be true...... :confused:

Dominus
10-11-05, 23:39
Looks like Mr Jones has the new grenade launcher there.. Not sure what that metal spike is though.

Codrum
10-11-05, 23:45
I agree with CMaster, just an artist's rendering of a bunch of mutant scouts and an arachnid. The "horn" i think is just a close up of a junk knife that the mutant scouts use. Definitely Mr Jones and some female (Mrs Jones?) on the left....

NetChronox
11-11-05, 00:02
I dont think so. The scouts and the arachnid looks totally different. For me it looks like they created new mutants and made a renderpic as some kind of teaser. I also expect those "guys" in game because they would never spend that much work only for marketing purpose. Still the "...something completely different..." sounds not like a common in game activity...

Codrum
11-11-05, 00:17
I dont think so. The scouts and the arachnid looks totally different. For me it looks like they created new mutants and made a renderpic as some kind of teaser. I also expect those "guys" in game because they would never spend that much work only for marketing purpose. Still the "...something completely different..." sounds not like a common in game activity...

Well yes, I didnt mean those are the old model mobs, I just think they are the old mobs with new models that are coming with evol 2.1, maybe they even have new actions/animations for the new models. But it just doesnt look like a computer rendering of the actual models, to me that is, i make no claims to be an expert, at anything ;) looks like a drawings to me..... :) still cool though

Nidhogg
11-11-05, 00:19
If an "old" mob has a new model and new behaviour, isn't it a "new" mob? ;)

N

QuakCow
11-11-05, 00:28
i could care less if those are the new roach models, they are pure awesomeness :D

so...nid, when do we get more info on these guys?

Codrum
11-11-05, 00:29

N

Is the name the same? Is it in the same area? If yes and yes, I would say no ;)

paolo escobar
11-11-05, 00:39
LOL someone makes a pic and look how u lot react.
And hell-demon has seemingly had his tour of the factory and knows whats gonna happen.

i am interested in the upcoming patch and excited about what its gonna contain and how its gonna lag my old computer. But i'm not gonna go mad cos someone put a new pic on the www.neocron.com address.

CMaster
11-11-05, 00:47
WEll, its blantantly a redner rather than an ingame shot.

QuakCow
11-11-05, 00:48
either way im happy, if they come to fruition kickass..if they dont, oh well, no loss on my part

Dominus
11-11-05, 00:52
You don't go to the extent of making models and textures to make a simple render when it's much faster to simply draw the image.

I'm pretty sure you can see the polyagonal(sp?) lines.

CMaster
11-11-05, 00:54
I didn't say that those models wouldnt be in the game. Like I say, I just recognise them immediatly as souped up versions of already existing mobs, and the really nice lighting is down to it being a render, not to improvgements in NC lighting.

sanityislost
11-11-05, 00:54
Sexy very sexy...K should make that into a wallpaper and put it in the download
section of the NC site (When they get time lol)

SiL ..:..

Riddle
11-11-05, 00:56

N

Interesting...Nid your not letting on much :confused:

vashtyphoon78
11-11-05, 00:59
wow............ :wtf: mutants might actually get scary O.o imagine a dark dungeon full of mutants...and all of the sudden a mutant with a blade arm jumps out at you like a bat out of hell o_O

Tratos
11-11-05, 01:00
Wheres this arrachnid? :confused:

Also i think its a photoshopped screenshot or part of as the old photoshoped teasers for NC2 had alot of the effects they seem to.

EDIT: And yeah the new behaviour sounds really cool.

-FN-
11-11-05, 01:01
They almost look more like zombies than mutants... there's a storyline twist - NC & DoY unite to face a new threat... the Undead :lol:

Shia
11-11-05, 01:01
Nice pic , bring on evo :). Just dont all get so hyped up over it ^^ you might just end up getting mad when evo comes cause these so called new muties wasnt in it :S

CMaster
11-11-05, 01:04
Wheres this arrachnid? :confused:

See attachment. Circled in red is the aracnid - its leaning foward so as to be on the same level as the other muties. We can see two of its legs - circled green - the other two are hidden behind the bulk of its body. Also, we soo its too arms, circled in blue.

Tratos
11-11-05, 02:01
Im either blind or dont see an attachment? :S

Animated
11-11-05, 02:07
See attachment. Circled in red is the aracnid - its leaning foward so as to be on the same level as the other muties. We can see two of its legs - circled green - the other two are hidden behind the bulk of its body. Also, we soo its too arms, circled in blue.

Sorry, I'm tired and it's late (for me). Where is this attachment?

EDIT Told you I'm tired... didn't even notice the post above.

CMaster
11-11-05, 02:10
ROFL. I forgot it. See THIS post.

Dribble Joy
11-11-05, 02:40
*jizzles*

ZoVoS
11-11-05, 06:15
Well yes, I didnt mean those are the old model mobs, I just think they are the old mobs with new models that are coming with evol 2.1, maybe they even have new actions/animations for the new models. But it just doesnt look like a computer rendering of the actual models, to me that is, i make no claims to be an expert, at anything ;) looks like a drawings to me..... :) still cool though

i make claims to be an expert in that sorta thing (although my claims wouldnt hold up under scrutiny) but that isnt rendering... or if it is they are rendering using a totaly different rendering technique. that i have never ever seeeen befor

thats a drawing

they prolly said. heres a mister jones heres a missis heres some wepons heres a reaper heres some muties heres a aracnid just throw em together n show us what u get...

n the art bloke started doing some wicked kick ass sketch n that came out

p.s. zoom in a hell of alot on mister jones's hands... game desingers dont go about rendering fingers damit >_< there lazie. they use box's

QuakCow
11-11-05, 09:21
upon examining one of them spider bastards ingame, ive come to the conclusion cmaster is probably right...but they look like undead mutants more then just mutants

giga191
11-11-05, 09:56
They almost look more like zombies than mutants... there's a storyline twist - NC & DoY unite to face a new threat... the Undead :lol: First thing that i thought when i saw it was: Doom 3

Ryen
11-11-05, 13:45
i make claims to be an expert in that sorta thing (although my claims wouldnt hold up under scrutiny) but that isnt rendering... or if it is they are rendering using a totaly different rendering technique. that i have never ever seeeen befor

thats a drawing

they prolly said. heres a mister jones heres a missis heres some wepons heres a reaper heres some muties heres a aracnid just throw em together n show us what u get...

n the art bloke started doing some wicked kick ass sketch n that came out

p.s. zoom in a hell of alot on mister jones's hands... game desingers dont go about rendering fingers damit >_< there lazie. they use box's

You can't be serious. That's the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

While I do agree, this couldn't be done in a conventional render. However, no, even SLIGHTLY (sorry KK!), company would EVER rendering something in a 3d modeling program and call it a promo shot. The photo has obviously run through photoshop.

this alone is in a whole new degree of stupidity. I'm a game designer and I sure as hell render every last detail.

Mr Kot
11-11-05, 14:17
Well, we wanted new mobs etc... looks like we got 'em ;)

Dominus
11-11-05, 15:43
This is what I suppose was done to the image:

Renders of the (probably new) game models from different angles taken.
A layerd image formed.
Enhancements made on the renders.
Contrast/lighting of the image tweaked.
Text/everything else.

It's nothing to go wild over but the mutants look almost exactly the same, and they have the same faces etc but are from different angles which suggests they are simply the same model each tweaked a little in photoshop.

msdong
11-11-05, 15:53
... new behaviour, ...

N

hope they start to use cover and (defensive)psi ...

Argent
11-11-05, 16:07
Hopefully that new behaviour means more than one single speed for the mobs as that's so frikin boring as it is now. I want melee things to jump at me etc...

Oh, and the lack of any AS is pretty annoying too.

Nidhogg
11-11-05, 16:29
Don't read anything into my words. I'm not talking about Evol 2.1, I'm just commenting on the statement I quoted. I'm not confirming there are new mobs, new models, new behaviours or anything. There will be information posted about Evol 2.1, but this isn't it. ;)

N

Ryen
11-11-05, 16:32
Don't read anything into my words. I'm not talking about Evol 2.1, I'm just commenting on the statement I quoted. I'm not confirming there are new mobs, new models, new behaviours or anything. There will be information posted about Evol 2.1, but this isn't it. ;)

N

Nidd, is this a post-Evolution 2.1 thing? Or will the models be included with Evolution 2.1? Will the behavior change in a patch after 2.1, or will it be inclluded in 2.1?

First thing that i thought when i saw it was: Doom 3

It is quite dark!

Clive tombstone
11-11-05, 18:27
I dont know if this has been mentioned, but are those new models redon Y-reps? They seem a little cy-borg-ish to me, now with a second glance at the picture.

PEace out

Hell-demon
11-11-05, 19:02
Told you to be prepared and looky a new post about faction changes..... :p

Now what i can tell you is with the new faction changes comes a shift in the quality of life. Alot of factions are going to make new and unexpected enemies and allies.

Dont be suprised if the factions differ from the old NC 1 factions.

e.g Crahn ally themselves with the angels.

Also the new plot will involve all sides. Mostly at the mo its Neocron getting attacked and shafted. But with the new story EVERYONE is effected. Might wanna lock those big ol' doors at DoY.

Tratos
11-11-05, 19:05
Your amount of knowledge on this worries me, lol

CMaster
11-11-05, 19:18
Maybe he WROTE the new storyline - be afraid, be very, very afraid.

Hell-demon
11-11-05, 19:19
Just so you know Fa and crahn allies themself was an example they may not ;)

I've known something big was coming for a while now and occasionally warned people to stock pile weapons and armour. Do they listen? do they fuck.

Now they'll be sorry when those freaky looking bastards rip throught their armour and insert a pointy thing up their...well you get the idea.

Also it's my firm belief I'll be nuked after Evo. Just a hunch. Also I think the new quad is coming in evo. :rolleyes:

Digital-Talios
11-11-05, 21:19
The muties are on the advance and are kidnapping runners and turning them into mutated cyborgs :eek:

RogerRamjet
11-11-05, 21:29
Oh my god.

-FN-
11-11-05, 22:14
Notice the highlighted areas - I think those are definitely redone Cyborgs and Y-Reps...

Hell-demon
11-11-05, 22:26
But as for their bigger meaner uglier cousin we can assume there is much more to it than that :eek:

RogerRamjet
11-11-05, 22:28
The big fucker in the top right could be a member of the Grim family.

-FN-
11-11-05, 22:40
The big fucker in the top right could be a member of the Grim family.
I'm thinking more along the lines of an Arachnid Lieutenant or maybe something new like an Arachnid General...

darkservent
11-11-05, 22:51
Looks like DOY vs NC is no longer the issue its the mutants mwhaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

RogerRamjet
11-11-05, 23:04
I'm thinking more along the lines of an Arachnid Lieutenant or maybe something new like an Arachnid General...

The pointy claw type thing looks like one from a grim chaser. Maybe.

CMaster
11-11-05, 23:30
The pointy claw type thing looks like one from a grim chaser. Maybe.

Its his LEGS! He's just leaning foward a lot.

Toxen
11-11-05, 23:53
Now you all know how much time i've put into researching mobs due to that insane post about trophys, now im going to go as far as saying that in my opinion all mobs in that picture are of arachnid type, post Evo2.1 graphics update which ties in with the most predicted/rumoured increase in mutant activity, as for the two suited figures, those models are already ingame, they are the high poly GM skins which are currently broken. But yes that picture is still a rendering that has been photoshopped

Heavyporker
12-11-05, 01:39
Yeah.. more and more I look at that, they're mutant troopers, one Launcher Cyclops, and two Arachnids.

I'm actually kind of sad... I mean, they look more like cyborgs or zombies or supernatural unholy evil thingies than the realistic mutants they were in pre-Evo Neocron...

*sigh*

extant
12-11-05, 02:01
maybe reagants legacy is being unleashed :lol:

RogerRamjet
12-11-05, 13:20

Now, that would be a fun event.

Tratos
12-11-05, 13:39
Regants legacy would be very cool indeed but it seems when looking at Nidhoggs posts we wont see these guys with Evo 2.1 perhaps they will be added then and the story will begin to unravel with those nasty bastards at the end.

Nidhogg
12-11-05, 13:59
I've told you. Don't read anything into my posts on this thread or Evol 2.1 in general. Than and the guys are responsible for introducing the expansion and my lips are sealed. ;)

N

Tratos
12-11-05, 14:07
Damn you Nid!

Slightly Offtopic: Any updates on what i've been PMing you about recently?

Bugs Gunny
12-11-05, 14:37
*puls out his crowbar and puts on the evil grin* :D

ZoVoS
12-11-05, 17:54
You can't be serious. That's the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

While I do agree, this couldn't be done in a conventional render. However, no, even SLIGHTLY (sorry KK!), company would EVER rendering something in a 3d modeling program and call it a promo shot. The photo has obviously run through photoshop.

this alone is in a whole new degree of stupidity. I'm a game designer and I sure as hell render every last detail.

my post was not to be taken seriously ^_~ lmao i was mearly stating its not a render, yes they may make meshes an skin and skin them mobs eventualy but they are not meshes or textures there simple drawings. some images have been taken from game but that is not a render

EDIT so as not to double post

oh and if they are ment to represent a new mob. maby there mutant cyborg experements... kind of like the launchers. and they will be in the new dungion relsed with evo 2.1? =]

Superbron
12-11-05, 18:38
Surely hope so: Reagant Legacy ftw!

Terayon
12-11-05, 23:23
Would be kind of intresting if faction alliances could change along with the storyline over time.

giga191
13-11-05, 01:11
Make pp3 completely dark with random spawning mutants/zombies behind people. I'm still scared by my experience in doom 3 where i turned around with the torch and seeing 2 whites eyes of a zombie 10cm away from the me

Kame
13-11-05, 01:30
the one w the skull for a face...

that reminds me a lot of the... aggies, yeah

i bet its an aggressor, the small ones are mutants, and then theres mr jones...

but the female thingy ? gawd that looks like a alien, straight outta x-files baby

CMaster
13-11-05, 01:42
the one w the skull for a face...

that reminds me a lot of the... aggies, yeah

i bet its an aggressor, the small ones are mutants, and then theres mr jones...

but the female thingy ? gawd that looks like a alien, straight outta x-files baby

FOr the 10th time, the suits are the alread in-game new GM skin/models.

Tratos
13-11-05, 01:43
The runners in the shot are just Mr & Mrs Johnsen (Yes, Johnsen - not Jones) which are the GM skins which seem to half work and not, they're high texture models in suits like Mr Jones with GM Pin badges on them, the male has hair unlike Mr Jones however.

fschepper
13-11-05, 02:01
The runners in the shot are just Mr & Mrs Johnsen (Yes, Johnsen - not Jones) which are the GM skins which seem to half work and not, they're high texture models in suits like Mr Jones with GM Pin badges on them, the male has hair unlike Mr Jones however.
The Texture (& model) is called Johnsen.. But ingame his name is Jones....
Err.. At least in the german language file...
:angel:

giga191
13-11-05, 12:15
FOr the 10th time, the suits are the alread in-game new GM skin/models. really? do they use them yet?

CMaster
13-11-05, 13:50
really? do they use them yet?
Nope, cos they are bugged.

ZoVoS
14-11-05, 00:36
:p
Nope, cos they are bugged.

theres nothing in nc that aint bugged is there ^_^

robinitnow
14-11-05, 00:53
well there goes my uni degree... YAY!!!

ZoVoS
16-11-05, 01:56
inorder to fan the flames of speculation

Evol 2.1 Engine Features
With the free Neocron Evolution 2.1 upgrade, the graphics engine recieves a big update. Features like accelerated vegetation rendering, an improved LOD system, or a new texture compression system improve the performance, while the new weapon models and vegetation provide a much nicer look.

The upgrade also contains new monsters, new quests and new zones.

The images show the pistol, rifle and cannon version of the plasma family weapons.

Ryen
16-11-05, 04:57
inorder to fan the flames of speculation

With the free Neocron Evolution 2.1 upgrade, the graphics engine recieves a big update. Features like accelerated vegetation rendering, an improved LOD system, or a new texture compression system improve the performance, while the new weapon models and vegetation provide a much nicer look.

The upgrade also contains new monsters, new quests and new zones.

The images show the pistol, rifle and cannon version of the plasma family weapons.

Wait, what? Link to the original post please since that post that you quoted is actually.

Due to the graphics-heavy nature of the Neocron Evolution 2.1 upgrade, we focused the development of the graphics engine on performance optimizations. Things like accelerated grass rendering, an improved LOD system or a new texture compression system noticeably improve the performance. We also eliminated some old bugs, for example most of the differences between DirectX 7 and DirectX 9 renders should be gone or the zone borders have been aligned correctly so that changing zones will drop you at the correct spot in the next zone.

These new images show the pistol, rifle and cannon version of the plasma family weapons.

and is stickied.

Tratos
16-11-05, 16:47
Some of the wording on this page: http://cp.neocron.com/5/productnews

Reveals a little more info ;)

ZoVoS
17-11-05, 01:35
always read the product news runner. it is there for your enlightenment