PDA

View Full Version : NC 2.1 Hopes & Dreams

-FN-
10-11-05, 02:13
I haven't really posted much lately because - well, what is there to say? With the near arrival of NC2.1, KK has yet another chance to reel in more customers. However, with each chance they have to do that, there is also the chance to drive customers away with long-existing bugs and unfinished game content. With that being said, I'm really hoping Reakktor is addressing some of the following issues with NC2.1. After all, while fresh meat is important, isn't retention more important?

Things (in no particular order) that still drive me nuts in NC and make me want to quit at times:

### The Pile-of-Crap Buddylist Function ###

Simply put, it's useless and it's a pile of shit. Take this crappy function out and replace it with a REAL Friend/Buddy System! Please! For the love of all that is holy, fix it! The in-game buddy system should include:

- Buddy List Management: You can request to add people and remove people from your list. Asking permission should be required.
- Buddy List Notification: Give me a system message when a Buddy/Friend signs on/off. Ideally give each Buddy a checkbox options of "Notify".
- REMOVE Buddy Chat - Talking to a hardly-managable list of people you have added over the months, with none of them having a clue who you're talking to, is plain stupid. Top it off with the fact that some noob could've added you to their Buddy list and you didn't know it - now it's REALLY random.
- Add the option to "Import Clan into Buddy List" so that you can get online/offline notifications of your clan members as well - OR simply add this to the Clan Options.

Fix the Buddy List or remove it. In it's current state, it's a huge annoyance in my opinion. It's been muted since Day 1 because I hate getting half a conversation from someone I may or may not know that may or may not be directed towards me.

### Lack of Reasons to Explore Existing Barely-Used Dungeons ###

The new dungeon teaser is great, but there are a lot of places runners simply don't visit. The game needs more item drops specific to TYPES of caves and a REASON to use them. I'm hoping the new runs/quests/whatever do this somewhat.

- Perhaps add a new drug that adds Energy Resist to Worm Tunnel Mobs 90/90 and better with a drop rate near that of Tech Parts off WBs?
- Or add Tech Part drops to the Mutants in Point Red or Calida Village storage?
- Or Poison Resist drugs to Swamp Cave Mobs 90/90 and better that drop at a Tech Part Rate?
storage?
- Or Fire Resist drugs to Swamp Cave Mobs 90/90 and better that drop at a Tech Part Rate? or the Graves for that matter?
- Maybe let the Juggernaught parts be used to boost item stats when used in construction like slot enhancers, except with a 5% guaranteed boost to a weapon aspect?
- Add a new heavy laser drone, buildable out of parts dropped by 90/90 and higher COPBOTs in the Gaya Mine? Building one yeilds a stack of 10 non-bpable drones...
- Add a new rare Toxic Halo slightly stronger than the Toxic Beam with a LOS req (a la Chaos Queen Flame Avalanche) that is constructed via organic parts from 90/90 and higher snakes in the graves and a new rare loot part only dropped by the Bloodviper King and Yoda?

There are a million ideas out there - but the REASONS to go to these places are needed!

### Make Plaza 1 & DoY City Center Anarchy Zones Again ###

The zoneline fighting is pathetic. The P1/P2 zoneline is *exactly* the same as the old NC1 P3/PP1 bullshit. End it and kill the safezones. In my opinion, the ONLY safezones should be Faction HQs and Tech Haven Sec-2. MB's safe zone should be their HQ, not SEC-1, and any zoneline between a safezone and a non-safezone should have slow-opening double doors on the NON-safezone side. It's just COMMON SENSE from a design standpoint. You're stuck with the limitations of a zone-based world - at least DESIGN it that way.

### Once Those Aren't Safezones - Give Tradeskillers a REAL Home ###

Now to replace the beloved Tradeskill zones, create Tradeskill Centers in both NC and DoY. Give them the Vendors tradeskillers need, booths that players can get accustomed to using, and create a generally nice atmosphere for people to trade and socialize in. We're never getting Playershops, so the least we could get could be a zone with built-in booths that people could treat like their own shops - and I'm not talking about that shitty Tech Haven Sec-2 setup - I'm talking more like the Stores on the Skywalk level of Plaza 1. Almost like office cubicles with a GoGo, a shop table, and then a plant or something to make the cubicle unique.

### Stop Fucking Over Pro-Neocron in the Wastelands ###

Get some more STORM Troopers in the Wastelands. Has anyone ever seen that small group of NC's Elite in the Escuador Zone? That's fucking cool. Add more groups & roaming PRO NC Mobs. Invent a new COPBOT model or two that is designed to go around the wastelands looking for DoY Bots & Runners.

Either that or follow up on SnowCrash's suggestion of making the DoY Bots the monster faction - throw a "Malfunctioning" onto it and bam - mobs for all to level on and be wary of! Right now DoY, the city that is nearly destroyed, completely owns the wastelands. And they get to raid Neocron via it's zilliion outside entrances while Neocron Citizens have to go down one of three LONG elevator shafts, all guarded. Seriously, how does that make ANY fucking sense to anyone? Add DoY "Secret" Entrances please. Pro-NC is tired of defending and would love to be able to attack now and then.

### Clean up the Clan Database! ###

Basically - require 5 Runners in 24 hours to create a clan. If you don't get 5 runners in, the clan is removed and the key is either reset or destroyed. Neocron's clan system has no method (that I know of) of keeping itself current or up to date. If nobody in a clan logs on for say 90 days, delete the clan and make the clan apt belong to the clan leader. How many 1-3 person clans are there in the database? How many clans haven't had a single person log on in months? Either that or add some sort of filtering options to the Info > Clans portion of the terminal so I choose to see clans listed with more then 10 runners and minimize the Terminal Loading/Search times.

Every other game I've played, to create a clan/guild/etc, there were requirements to create & maintain it. This keeps the needless pollution of truly non-existant clans. It may not seem like much at first thought - but compound it by number of players over months, even years... that's a lot of garbage data.

### Wisdom of Ceres is good for what? ###

So far two items. I certainly hope NC 2.1 expands on that. People have had enough experience for WoC levels since the FIRST DAY of the Dome of York expansion... and look at the WoC rewards over a year later :(

### New HUD/RPOS ###

This your chance KK - bring back all the people who quit because the overly-organic, taking-over-my-screen, extra-lines-where-they're-not-needed, and way-too-friggin-small RPOS made them quit. Add the selection of NC2 or NC1 Style RPOS as an option. There have already been a number of NC1-esque files seen in many screenshots here. Add the option officially and bring back the minimalistic users!

### Anonymity & Multi-Char Servers ###

I won't go into much detail here, most everyone knows the issue... I'd ask that Characters be "look-up-able" so people can see who their alts are on that account to stop the maddening politics and ganking disruptions

-OR-

Restrict accounts to make slots All Pro-NC or All Pro-DOY, with CM being allowed no matter what. Terra's Saturn-like atomosphere, combined with the fact that we never got a Pluto-like atomsphere back, irritate me to no end.

I've attached a PDF of my original outline. I've created some images for the items in my boredom, but the idea has all but stalled. You'll see the date on the PDF and I've not heard anything back from KK :(

### Past Polls ###

I hope some attention was paid to this thread (http://forum.neocron.com/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=6809) as well!

### Accessories: The Erased Part of the NC2 RPOS ###

I've attached a PDF of my original outline. I've created some images for the items in my boredom, but the idea has all but stalled. You'll see the date on the PDF and I've not heard anything back from KK :(

--------------------------------------------

All of that being said - I'm looking forward to NC2.1 being a new breath of life into NC - but it won't last long if many of the existing issues aren't addressed (netcode, itemtracking, PE Model Bugs, etc). How many re-releases of Neocron can there be? ;)

Vae Victis
10-11-05, 02:18
I like the p1/cc part alot :D

elGringo
10-11-05, 02:32
Hopes and Dreams are Hopes & Dreams... thats fine. Everything you suggest makes sence.. but WHY IN GODS NAME do you link it to Evol 2.1?

You KNOW its not gonna happen. You're rising false hope & expectations by doing so. It happens evry single time KK announces something. The forum starts to burst with rumors and afterwards everyone is even more disappointed because they didnt see XY make it ... although it wasnt even announced.

My NC 2.1 Hopes & Dreams:

Weaponmodels
Wasteland rework
New Dungeon

KK said they are all focussed on evol2.1 ...so who's gonna implement all those great things?!?

----------------------------------------

I like that list and I like it a lot... but do me a favour an erase all the EVOL2.1 in there ...AFTER evol2.1 (weapons, wastes, dungeon) is done and debugged - my big wish would be that KK once listens to their players and adresses priority issues - things players stated over and over and over and over again ... so often that my eyes bleed reading the topics on the forum and knowing KK decided to focus on "Wasteland Vegetation".... it's exactly that: A waste of valuable time & ressources. Nice to have... but not needed, while other issues are just so much more worth-while spending time on ...even for a mapper/GFX artist.

unreal
10-11-05, 02:50
I could stare at this all day, blue owns you all. I thought the upcoming Evo 2.1 patch was just to update the most minimalistic of graphics related things (ie, useless vegetation if it's able to be turned off, and especially useless if it completely ruins your fps like most of the current vegetation; and weapon models without even bothering to change the 2D RPOS icons of them) and a couple of _small_ extras. :cool:

Yeah, a _good_ buddy system would be nice. Possibly with the ability to link your buddy list between other characters belonging to your account so you don't have to constantly update your buddy list on all your characters each time.

Can't say I really agree with the removal of the plaza 1/DoY city center safe zones, both alliances need a place to group, otherwise you have to spend years sat in TH sector 1, which is not only incredibly small to do anything in, but usually kills your fps when so many people are in there (like with official auctions that were last held what seems like years ago). On the up side, TH is blue. I kind of agree that the CM HQ should be a safe zone instead of MB sector 1, personally I think MB should be rearranged, and have the City Mercs clean up what's currently their HQ, and move everything to a higher security (safe) area in sector 3. This would make a good use for sector 3, and the old HQ sector would be good for fighting, if only the annoying MB sliding doors were removed from there.

I need to crack on with other things but I agree with most of what you're saying. Extra crap on the RPOS isn't needed and doesn't make it look "cool", and I hope that pro-city will get more of a defense in terms of copbots. It's pathetic that the entire NE of the wastelands is covered in DoY bots (or at least it was until the reset, apparantly there's a shit load around El Farid and nowhere else, heh), and the NC side has 5 or 6 guards stuck behind a tree, mini outpost or hill doing absolutely nothing, most of all giving out frigging warnings when you run near them, and the DoY units just shoot instantly.

suler
10-11-05, 04:13
Like all the ideas, especially the multi char solutions.

Asurmen Spec Op
10-11-05, 04:14
Veg is being forced on.

naimex
10-11-05, 04:43
### The Pile-of-Crap Buddylist Function ###

### Lack of Reasons to Explore Existing Barely-Used Dungeons ###

In my opinion, the ONLY safezones should be Faction HQs and Tech Haven Sec-2. MB's safe zone should be their HQ

### Clean up the Clan Database! ###

### Wisdom of Ceres is good for what? ###

Agreed

### New HUD/RPOS ###

This your chance KK - bring back all the people who quit because the overly-organic, taking-over-my-screen, extra-lines-where-they're-not-needed, and way-too-friggin-small RPOS made them quit. Add the selection of NC2 or NC1 Style RPOS as an option. There have already been a number of NC1-esque files seen in many screenshots here. Add the option officially and bring back the minimalistic users!

### Accessories: The Erased Part of the NC2 RPOS ###

As long as it´s optionable.

The zoneline fighting is pathetic. The P1/P2 zoneline is *exactly* the same as the old NC1 P3/PP1 bullshit.

Think this is only a problem in Neocron City

### Stop Fucking Over Pro-Neocron in the Wastelands ###

Get some more STORM Troopers in the Wastelands. Has anyone ever seen that small group of NC's Elite in the Escuador Zone? That's fucking cool. Add more groups & roaming PRO NC Mobs. Invent a new COPBOT model or two that is designed to go around the wastelands looking for DoY Bots & Runners.

Either that or follow up on SnowCrash's suggestion of making the DoY Bots the monster faction - throw a "Malfunctioning" onto it and bam - mobs for all to level on and be wary of! Right now DoY, the city that is nearly destroyed, completely owns the wastelands. And they get to raid Neocron via it's zilliion outside entrances while Neocron Citizens have to go down one of three LONG elevator shafts, all guarded. Seriously, how does that make ANY fucking sense to anyone? Add DoY "Secret" Entrances please. Pro-NC is tired of defending and would love to be able to attack now and then.

### Anonymity & Multi-Char Servers ###

I won't go into much detail here, most everyone knows the issue... I'd ask that Characters be "look-up-able" so people can see who their alts are on that account to stop the maddening politics and ganking disruptions

-OR-

Restrict accounts to make slots All Pro-NC or All Pro-DOY, with CM being allowed no matter what. Terra's Saturn-like atomosphere, combined with the fact that we never got a Pluto-like atomsphere back, irritate me to no end.

Not sure what I think of those.

EDIT:

Legend:

Those that are all "yellow" with no blue, i agree completely with.

Those that have blue with them, I´m either partially agreeing with, not agreeing with or not sure about, depending on the comment below the quote box it is placed in.

nightwind
10-11-05, 05:39

Now to replace the beloved Tradeskill zones, create Tradeskill Centers in both NC and DoY. Give them the Vendors tradeskillers need, booths that players can get accustomed to using, and create a generally nice atmosphere for people to trade and socialize in. We're never getting Playershops, so the least we could get could be a zone with built-in booths that people could treat like their own shops - and I'm not talking about that shitty Tech Haven Sec-2 setup - I'm talking more like the Stores on the Skywalk level of Plaza 1. Almost like office cubicles with a GoGo, a shop table, and then a plant or something to make the cubicle unique.

maybe they can change the job center in plaza 2 to a Tradeskill area seeing as it is hardly used and inorder to get to a decient area were they can fight players need to open a few doors, maybe add a few more copbots or something

QuakCow
10-11-05, 06:00
i dont know....i enjoy p1 as a safezone, im not quite as paranoid playing my spy, but i would have to agree the zoneline whoring is quite lame

but other then that its all good to me :cool: fn, you rule

eprodigy
10-11-05, 06:08
good ideas. i have a feeling though that new laggy guns and weeds will be the only change that comes on the 'initial release'.

only one i disagree with is plaza safezone, because I hate tech haven. and it does get plaza used again which is nice. something else should be done about syncline whoring on a wider scale. (unless all safezones go there will always be sync whoring somewhere...), and if you're going to fix sync whoring you should fix pe/spys travelling sync line (stealth) and everyone elses travelling syncline (PPUs).

i just mean there are other equally bad/worse types of 'whoring' out there.

braydagner
10-11-05, 06:34
Restrict accounts to make slots All Pro-NC or All Pro-DOY, with CM being allowed no matter what.

Gotta say, it is a nice idea, but then people who have done a lot and want to complete the other epics can't. Not to mention I (as well as others, I'm sure) have wanted an epic from the other side, and made a character to do the epic to change to their other character.

Other than that, I like everything else, not too clear on what you meant by the slowly opening double doors after a safe zone-anarchy zone switch.

ZoVoS
10-11-05, 07:51
meh another useles post... not because there not all great and valid ideas as always. (ill 5 star em in a min) but because they wont be implimented init =] ah well we can hope n dream :lol:

Heavyporker
10-11-05, 08:06
Oh man. So much to say. Where to start?

Oh well...

- Buddylist : FUCKING AGREE! This function needs refinement. Select a couple buddies in the list, they get automatically added to an instanced "team" chat channel. This way, you don't get spammed by like 300 newbies that added you because you helped them (THIS HAPPENS TO ME) and so you don't tangle up your current team chat if you're in one at the moment.

- There are already resist-potions and Dragon Resist Drugs. Let's not clutter things up. And - no, no, no, no, no, no ad infinitium. Make the caves, tunnels, mines, and all that (Lumping them all under the word "dungeons" contributes hugely to the "Neocron's just a reskinned fantasy mmo!!!" bitchers. These places need more content, as in quests and areas within themselves. Right now, all they are is pretty much a place to kill some mobs in an enclosed space.

- All DoY sectors, aside from the faction HQs, already are anarchy, are they not? And no, Plaza shouldn't become anarchy. It's the heart of Neocron City, crahn's sake! Now if only Copbots were more effective (less lame as in seriously reducing their parashock and increasing damage and of course, if they were frigging smarter!).

- Well, yes, DoYbots all over the wastelands does seem like trouble. But remember that Copbots and Stormbots were mainly intended to keep order INSIDE Neocron City. Reza's more interested in keeping his city in order than keeping the wastelands nice and tidy. It's ACTUALLY a good thing that his citizens can't safely travel the wastelands and have to stay in his city for security.

- Cleaning up the clan database would be excellent, all right. Give people a bit more time to re-group, though. 24 hours... get real, dude. Fuck!

- Yes... KK has taken far, far, far too fucking long in fully delivering WoC. There's no defense on KK's part.

- Your accessories ideas sound somewhat similiar to a previous plan file put forth by KK.. hmmm... or was that me and one of my Idea Novas? hmmm.. whatever. It sounds interesting, though.

- The rpos style needs to have options, yes. And I want options from NC1 rpos, NC2 rpos, and that dazhud thing.. *sigh* Fuck! That dazhud was kickass. I LOVED the little gfx touches he put on the rpos and the targeting boxes! Do you guys remember that touch on the targeting boxes??!? I loved that!

LiL T
10-11-05, 09:41
I like Plaza 1 being a safezone, it brought people back imo people don't want to be forced into the shitty TH or faction HQ's, the place to trade as a pro city or CM is plaza 1 for anti city its doy CC end of story...

Leave the clan database alone, I happen to like having my cst resser and barter in the same clan, so I can rep my moveon proto resist and rares without the fear of some clown stealing it.

Humm I think I agree with the other stuff though

Bugs Gunny
10-11-05, 09:52
Clans who haven't had people log on for 12 months should be removed from the database.

As for the rest i agree with all of em.

LiL T
10-11-05, 10:00
If they made it possible to share your apartment with other charaters and removed the stupid 20 million cash limit, we would not have to make 1 - 3 man clans. Having to drop you stuff in your reppers apartment passage because if you get someone else to do it, they might just logout and laugh at you while they get a free moveon or MC5 is just stupid. I don't trust anyone in this game and if I had someone nick my important shit I'd prolly quit...

RogerRamjet
10-11-05, 10:40
Put ultimas back in rare pool too...

Nidhogg
10-11-05, 11:28
There are some good ideas in this thread but associating them with Evol 2.1 is going to lead to disappointment. For the most part what's coming with Evol 2.1 has already been described so please don't expect anything more than that.

It might be more useful to say "Beyond Evol 2.1 - Hopes & Dreams".

N

Shia
10-11-05, 11:50
Some great points made , some realy needed . But i wont and i hope most of u dont get your hopes up , or lots will quit due to pure disapointment.

Bugs Gunny
10-11-05, 11:52
So what will this EVO thing FIX?
There's still bugs from NC1 that have to be fixed. Graphics bugs like lip bug, mirrors, content missing, bugged dungeons that were closed.....

Brammers
10-11-05, 12:56
Some good ideas there FN as always. The only one I don't agree with is the ability to see other's alts, purely from a RP aspect. However I do see the problems with multi-slot servers. Remember this is a MMORPG not a MMOFPS.

There are some good ideas in this thread but associating them with Evol 2.1 is going to lead to disappointment. For the most part what's coming with Evol 2.1 has already been described so please don't expect anything more than that.

It might be more useful to say "Beyond Evol 2.1 - Hopes & Dreams".

N

Unfortunatly no matter what you say or what's been said in the plan people are going to be disappointed in some way.

Personaly I am looking forward to the graphics update, but some people have questioned why KK are concentrating on a graphics update, instead of concentrating on bug fixes and game issues. (Like Netcode, PPU balance, hacknet, Neptune LE problem and broken quests.)

If you throw in some fixes for the big issues in patch 147, I'm sure the Patch 147 Discussion/flame thread will be a lot cooler.

This is leading back to the same problem which I thought KK addressed, but I feel it's being neglicated again. Communication to the community. It's clear to us that KK is working on new graphics content and also some new ingame content, but nothing has been said about bug//game balancing fixing.

So where's the in-development page?

Riddle
10-11-05, 15:03
Some very valid points as usual FN ;)

Even some i have mentioned in other threads such as New drops to get people to use the areas no one go's!

From what i have seen from KK in the past, is that great ideas come from them but they lack the ability or the people to complete and finish those elements.

They seem to pick up new ideas then leave them half finished.

Lets take for example.

New player models - Great idea - Bugged lip, bald heads
Hacknet - Great idea - unfinished (where's the big bad boss?)
Trophies - Great idea - Bugged drops still
Player shops - GREAT idea - not possible so far
Item Tracking - essential IMO - Not possible so far

Dam i could go on all day, Lets just wait for evo 2.1 and all the unfinished elements of it :rolleyes:

Bugs Gunny
10-11-05, 15:07
I fear that the whole thing will make neocron even buggier than it was before and KK will see more people leaving again.

Di you guys TEST this one out thoroughly?

Comie
10-11-05, 15:09
Some good ideas there FN as always. The only one I don't agree with is the ability to see other's alts, purely from a RP aspect. However I do see the problems with multi-slot servers. Remember this is a MMORPG not a MMOFPS.

Actually, there is a RP aspect around it, quite simply your 4 characters when created are apart of your accounts "family" so each alt you make is infact another family member... so you know who their linked too ;)

Riddle
10-11-05, 15:19
Actually, there is a RP aspect around it, quite simply your 4 characters when created are apart of your accounts "family" so each alt you make is infact another family member... so you know who their linked too ;)

So I would have a crazed eccentric old millionaire.......
the father of a loving but murderous daughter bent on sniping anything that walks........
who's brother hangs out with all the sluts in PP3 only to rush of to combat in the arid wastes in support of his city.....
whilst the black sheep of the family, who suffers from a strange affliction giving him the ability to think matter out of thin air with vast powers for good or evil far in excess of any mortal gun weilding man.

Brammers
10-11-05, 16:11
LOL @ Riddle :D

I disagree. If you saw all my characters on one account, there would be no relation to them at all, except they all work for Phoenix Ltd. If you looked at all my accounts, there is a pair of sisters and also a father and daughter set of characters.

I accept some people often do a "Saturn", but there has to be a better way of solving this alt ganking problem.

Shia
10-11-05, 16:31
Why not make it like LE>non LE runner , IE if im on my LE'd monk i am unable to target a non LE'd runner with my Damage spells. maybe make it the same for allied gankers . unable to target with weapons/spells that do dmg.

just a thought , dunno if it would work . :confused:

retr0n
10-11-05, 16:39
Why not make it like LE>non LE runner , IE if im on my LE'd monk i am unable to target a non LE'd runner with my Damage spells. maybe make it the same for allied gankers . unable to target with weapons/spells that do dmg.

just a thought , dunno if it would work . :confused:

Long ago, we didnt have Red vs. Blue (City vs. Doy), and now we do, I wouldn't
go as far as putting "no friendly fire" on it aswell.

Even if it gets rid of the allied ganking, it's a limitation of gameplay.

giga191
10-11-05, 17:59
2 things that need fixing IMO: 1) Bugs 2) need woc items and make hurler knuckles good + unique in some way

Comie
10-11-05, 18:51
I disagree. If you saw all my characters on one account, there would be no relation to them at all, except they all work for Phoenix Ltd. If you looked at all my accounts, there is a pair of sisters and also a father and daughter set of characters.

and theres your "family", the Phoenix Ltd family, if you need away to track all those linked by account theres the way to do it.

besides I never said direct family, family could be cousens aunts grandads in laws, estranged sons etc.

Hell-demon
10-11-05, 18:53
The lip bug!

Dammit we fix that morale would sky rocket! :D

Brammers
10-11-05, 19:28
and theres your "family", the Phoenix Ltd family, if you need away to track all those linked by account theres the way to do it.

besides I never said direct family, family could be cousens aunts grandads in laws, estranged sons etc.

I prefer the phrase "company" or "clan" if you really have to.

@ FN and Comie, when do you intend to use this "family" tracker? Perhaps a warning could be flagged up to clan leaders when they invited to the clan, such as.

"A genetic check reveals that the prospective member has DNA roots with other runners who are members of a different clan."

Or even.

"A genetic check reveals that the prospective member has DNA roots with other runners who are members of a enermy faction."

But thats as far as it should go. I've got another related idea, I'll post that up later.

-FN-
10-11-05, 20:03
In response to those who dislike making Plaza 1/DoY CC a non-safezone again: I only suggested this if the appropriate gathering place for citizens was also created:

Now to replace the beloved Tradeskill zones, create Tradeskill Centers in both NC and DoY. Give them the Vendors tradeskillers need, booths that players can get accustomed to using, and create a generally nice atmosphere for people to trade and socialize in. We're never getting Playershops, so the least we could get could be a zone with built-in booths that people could treat like their own shops - and I'm not talking about that shitty Tech Haven Sec-2 setup - I'm talking more like the Stores on the Skywalk level of Plaza 1. Almost like office cubicles with a GoGo, a shop table, and then a plant or something to make the cubicle unique.Maybe that's not describing it well enough - but the vision in my head of this place makes me excited in ways it probably shouldn't...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@ braydagner: Picture this...

Assuming P1/DoY CC stayed safezones, if you're in Plaza 2 running towards P1, instead of the zoneline being the way it is, you run to a large set of doors on the right and left sides which you click on to open and they open at about the speed of the doors exiting the Outzone to the Wastelands. When they're open you can go thru them and then into P1.

When you're in Plaza 1 and going into Plaza 2, you see the doors but synch right before you run into them. When you get to he P2 side you open the doors and go into P2.

This would (hopefully) prevent people from zonewhoring when in PvP - if you're gonna go into P1 from P2, you have to initiate the door opening, ppl know you're gonna bail, but it will be a few seconds... if you're coming into P2 from P1, you can't just zone and fire until you're almost dead and then zone back - you have to zone over, go through the doors, then fight...

It's just a matter of designing a physical choke point around the fact that there is a TECHNICAL one there. Right now it's not designed that way.

Does that make more sense?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@ Nid - feel free to rename the thread :) Basically, we have high hopes that 2.1 will bring the population up - when those people get here, in time they will most likely share a lot of the annoyances and frustrations that many of us are already quite... intimate with. Knocking those barriers down asap [after 2.1's release] to RETAIN the new players is something I just thought would be important.

Retention, retention, retention! :)

Hell-demon
10-11-05, 20:50
O_o Im thinking the new peeps coming to the game will be annoyed by the pe lip bug O_o

NetChronox
10-11-05, 21:18
I want the mutants of the new Website Teaser in game :p.

gstyle40
10-11-05, 21:28
hmm pe lip bug? :confused: i just thought that meant the pe was thirsty. if u drink coffee it usually fixes the lip. at least it does for me.

Hell-demon
10-11-05, 21:30
HOLY SHIT!

LOOK AT THOSE THINGS!

Mutants got a tan!

something wikid this way comes (www.neocron.com)

Xian
10-11-05, 21:34
Paypal.

And, er, paypal.

And... paypal.

I know a few people who would reactivate for the sake of 2.1, if Neocron had a viable payment method - rather than the dodgy backdoor shop that is click2pay.

Tratos
10-11-05, 21:35
HOLY FUCK

Was that a hurler in the background being fucking huge O_O

BombShell
10-11-05, 21:44
Am hoping for new char skins. the nc2 skins are awful i want the old ones bak.

I miss my sexy tank and my Hip sunglasses wearing PE

-FN-
10-11-05, 21:53
Paypal.

And, er, paypal.

And... paypal.

I know a few people who would reactivate for the sake of 2.1, if Neocron had a viable payment method - rather than the dodgy backdoor shop that is click2pay.
Aye - there's another EXCELLENT point - partially from personal experience (I had to fax a copy of my F-ing Pennsylvania Driver's License to somewhere in F-ing EUROPE - COME ON!) and partially from witnessing the insane amount of hurdles many people have to go through - NC 2.1 may be an excellent product - but can people easily sign up for it? Ask yourself that KK...

Clive tombstone
10-11-05, 21:58
Sorry if Im going a bit off topic, but what are those mutant things in the new link? new skins or what? dont get me wrong, there damned sexy Texture meshes and models man, Great to have new targets^^, actually kinda scary too, definatly one be shootin at in dark dungeon esk place.

PS-fix lip bug, and gimme my PE's glasses back :D

Hell-demon
10-11-05, 21:59
I've starteda thread on the new muties so we can discuss these cretins :rolleyes:

Xian
10-11-05, 22:20
Aye - there's another EXCELLENT point - partially from personal experience (I had to fax a copy of my F-ing Pennsylvania Driver's License to somewhere in F-ing EUROPE - COME ON!) and partially from witnessing the insane amount of hurdles many people have to go through - NC 2.1 may be an excellent product - but can people easily sign up for it? Ask yourself that KK...

Not only that, the trial. Making people sign up to the c2p site, which really doesn't look the most trustworthy of sites at a first glance (js errors included, in firefox at least) is very off putting. The inconsistant or lack of billing? Blah blah until everyone's blue in the face and making loads of threads about why it's happening.

With more people you'll have more ideas and we can hope that KK will continue to listen.

-FN-
10-11-05, 22:52
With more people you'll have more ideas and we can hope that KK will continue to listen.
This is a fundamental issue tho - More people means they had to have successfully signed up and be playing the game - I can't even imagine how many people were turned off by NC simply by the payment mechanism. Like I said, playing NC2 for me required:

- Several calls to and from Europe via their 1-800 number.
- I had to fax my friggin DRIVER'S LICENSE to some place in Europe
- I had to bang my head against the wall for hours because their stupid website doesn't support Firefox (and after several emails over the past year, they send me this generic auto-reply each time with NO fix to a problem they've been made aware of by a ton of people)

Let's be realistic, is some person, who's not nearly as addicted to Neocron as we are, going to go thru all that fucking trouble? Hell no. And I don't blame them one bit.

There are a million other card processors out there, more internationally friendly, and more TRUSTED (a la C2P's obvious association with online gambling) than Click2Pay. I doubt moving from C2P is feasible at this point - but alternative options to a company that makes you stand on one foot and sing the Canadian National Anthem backwards while wearing a chicken suit in July who then bills you randomly different amounts each period HAS to be a viable option somewhere along the line...

I don't hate C2P for my shitty payment experience; I bent over and took it because I was going to play Neocron "no matter what". I hate C2P because I'm sure well over 50% of the people who run into that bullshit simply won't even put themselves through that to try the game, let alone keep their subscription :(

vashtyphoon78
11-11-05, 01:04
i HATE to do this to you guys but -FN-s post brought something up about this.

there simply isnt enough rare item drops for dunegons. i mean one rare item for a caving run is crap and everyone knows what it is. this is the part i hate to do to you guys. WoW has multiple rare item drops per dungeon. which makes it worth, no matter your level, to go through the dungeon a few times to find a certain weapon. you dont always know exactly what ur gonna get. like "oh lets go through Chaos Cave so i can get a flame ava" its utter crap with the current system :( sorry i had to bring up WoW

Heavyporker
11-11-05, 05:33
agh! aggh! AGHHHH!

OMFG was these?!?

No way they're mutants.

They're like zombies from resident evil, but on steroids, andrealine, creatine, steroids, estrogen, and teosterone and PCP!

Asurmen Spec Op
11-11-05, 06:56
agh! aggh! AGHHHH!

OMFG was these?!?

No way they're mutants.

They're like zombies from resident evil, but on steroids, andrealine, creatine, steroids, estrogen, and teosterone and PCP!
Bulge in pants.... rising.

Im off to hunt mutants

Clive tombstone
11-11-05, 07:00
How about making the rarest drop in the new dungeon a pack of cigarets hahah^^. GIVE USE WHAT YOU PROMISED KK! :D

AHH crap Zombies!

*mutilated by mutants*

PEace out

Asurmen Spec Op
11-11-05, 07:28
How about making the rarest drop in the new dungeon a pack of cigarets hahah^^. GIVE USE WHAT YOU PROMISED KK! :D

AHH crap Zombies!

*mutilated by mutants*

PEace out
MY SUNGLASSES *cries*

hegemonic
12-11-05, 19:18
KK --HIRE THAT MAN.

Most of his pdf file ideas are G-R-E-A-T!

At least steal his ideas and give him some ingame riches or something! :)

***** = 5stars

RAID_Zer0
13-11-05, 03:58
I'm a new Runner here and, as a gamer for years and years, the number 1 issue I always like to see fixed first are the 'bug' issues.

I mean, I know this game isn't designed and built by Electronic Arts or any other top named company like that but even so, from what I have read here in the forums there are still way too many issues for a game that is what, 5 years old now? :confused:

I just don't expect this game to be released in the States until these bugs get fixed. I could be wrong but, I doubt it. So far it seems like a good game and I'm giving it a 6 month tour de force to check it out. :p

QuakCow
13-11-05, 04:41
*hiss* dont say electronic arts in a positive way again or ill stick a marshmallow through your eye

The bugs are mostly minor issues, no real showstoppeds other then the memory leak. But even then its like the plague that it just kinda strikes randomly and at differing amounts

RAID_Zer0
13-11-05, 05:12
Better bring something besides a marshmallow. I didn't say that I liked EA but, when a company has been around for 20 years or so they are indeed a frontrunner and know how to do most things.

I used to play their sports games a lot. Mostly the Madden Football ones. Made some money off their stock here and there over the years. Whoever bought their stock 15 years ago has made a nice ass return. ERTS (http://www.marketwatch.com/tools/quotes/intchart.asp?symb=ERTS&siteid=mktw&time=20&freq=1&comp=&compidx=aaaaa%7E0&compind=&uf=0&ma=&maval=&lf=1&lf2=&lf3=&type=2&size=1&txtstyle=&style=&submitted=true&intflavor=basic&origurl=%2Ftools%2Fquotes%2Fintchart.asp)

They'll definately be around for a while longer, unlike a lot of companies out there.

Transformer
13-11-05, 05:36
some i agree with some i don't, no time to fiddle with which but i think some of it is too Pluto biased....hard to explain, i'll go back and edit when i have time.

Terror_Nonne
13-11-05, 11:20
KK --HIRE THAT MAN.

Most of his pdf file ideas are G-R-E-A-T!

At least steal his ideas and give him some ingame riches or something! :)

***** = 5stars
why ? he work here for nothing .... ;) :lol:
they dont need person with good ideas under contract, because the firm has these forum. *g*

Freaky Fryd
14-11-05, 18:02
Yet again, why hasn't FN been hired by KK? ;)

I agree with almost everything he posted...and some of it is absolutely necessary to keep this game alive