PDA

View Full Version : New Item Drops??

Riddle
09-11-05, 12:29
There may be a new "dungeon" coming in Evo2.1 but we already have loads of under utilised areas!!

The other night I showed someone down the mine where the Storm Laser drops unfortunately he has played for nearly a year and didn't even know it was there!

That "dungeon" is a great little area but why go there?
Yes the storm laser is an ok drop for higher levelling chars (STR 90 i think) but its not enough of a draw for people to go down there.

Most of the Out Zone areas leading to the Jail or the secret entrance are totally under utilised. The Storage halls, the Juggernaut factory, Red point.... I could go on and on.

The Concept needs to change!! We have great areas we just need to give people a reason to go there. Either increase mobs in them or some New drops which will entise people there.

People still all level at el-farid, swamp caves, chaos caves we all know the routes you takes for best XP lets just mix it up a bit.

Give us New Drops! or lets see techs , slot enhancers elsewhere not just DOY tunnels

Seriously when was the last time you went to the worm tunnels?

SorkZmok
09-11-05, 12:47
I'd love to see more loot diversity in general. I mean, come on. 9 out of 10 mobs share the exact same loot. How hard can it be to put in some random stuff, like completely random from the complete item pool. Just add it with a really low chance to drop. Like the rate the termi book should have dropped. :lol:

About those loot only weapons, there need to be more. Why's there just 1 spell to loot, 2 heavy weapons and nothing else? Sucks. Same with epics. Let every epic that gives a gun choose which kind. CM and TS should be like the tangent epic where you can actually choose the type of gun. And then make em drop like normal shit. :)

/edit
Forgot the energy soulblade, another tank weapon. And 2 armors which aren't that great too. o_O

giga191
09-11-05, 13:29
would be nice to move away from the tech pool system

Riddle
09-11-05, 14:00
I know a lot of collector maniacs in game who love the Tech pool system!

but the debate is not so much the form of the Drop but more over increasing the diversity of drops and NEW drops to get people into these under utilised areas.

Maybe make the jail a hard zone like MC5 so teams could raid it for a high level drop.

even if we can't get new drops, Why not let lv 3 imps drop? or PA's drop? gamma bones etc, etc.

Seraphin[69]
09-11-05, 14:59

When I needed a blade for my melee PE ^^

james_finn
09-11-05, 15:20
Originally Posted by Riddle

Urm last week, when i organised a run with my clan to visit some of the underused areas! And then when I went back a day later there were some pros there! But I agree how many people have never seen inside Gaia mine, and how many people have never seen the waterfall in Neocron city! Also how many people havent seen the BYB :P

Dribble Joy
09-11-05, 15:22
Side streets are the coolest part of DoY, the closest thing to city streets in the game and are barely used n00b lvling grounds.

As I have mentioned several times before, why not make these the places where DoY starters have their apts? there are plenty of side rooms to put apt lifts in, the crossroads could be populated by small markets/stalls bladerunner-esque and the mobs and muties pushed back into the darker back alleys. So much potential for quests, NPCs, RP and things.

CMaster
09-11-05, 16:09

Two or three weeks ago? Its one of them things we do from time to time.

What I would like to see, is next time something meant to be "uber-rare" is brought in, it isnt done through a shitty drop system, like WoC disks that requires hours of farming. Instead, I want to see a rock-hard mission or cave, that there are ways you can actually FAIL the mission or be prevented from getting futher in a cave, and there are countless ways your whole team to get killed if you make a mistake. Basically, something that will take hours and could go soo wrong. That to me is much better than the blatant time-sink of low drop-rates.

Androth
10-11-05, 01:05
Why not let lv 3 imps drop? or PA's drop? gamma bones etc, etc.

Oddly enough lvl3's used to drop on warbots from time to time. Don't know what happened to that... When gammas were introduced you had to figure out the recipe and go to the right npc with the right parts to make them. A good system imho, there should be more stuff like that. And as far as i know you really cant get spirit mods/ammo anymore, another thing lost to the past... =(

Riddle
10-11-05, 01:08
Oddly enough lvl3's used to drop on warbots from time to time. Don't know what happened to that... When gammas were introduced you had to figure out the recipe and go to the right npc with the right parts to make them. A good system imho, there should be more stuff like that. And as far as i know you really cant get spirit mods/ammo anymore, another thing lost to the past... =(

Yeah :( along with my holy cath sanc :rolleyes:

Heavyporker
10-11-05, 01:11
I remember the level 3 brain-implants dropping. They're now in faction HQ vendors or crytons now. :(

Anyways, about the sidestreets - HOLY FUCK YES! They're awesome, not to mention the Ghost City Sector and that other area, they're SO FUCKING MUCH like real city sectors.

ZoVoS
10-11-05, 01:16
i have sujested it time and tiem again

the only way to make areas more used is to add advantages for using them

my idea on the MAP item that boost a certain stat when clicked such as a gun cabinate or medi box or reserch lab adding a bonus to skill for a short time is one of the only ways to draw people into these areas

Dribble Joy
10-11-05, 01:51
I'd rather people go to a zone because of a run/item availiability than omg wtf +5 cst!!!1!

Noone went to P1 when it wasn't a safezone because there was no reason to.
If it suddenly became the only place in NC to get tradeskill gels, that might change.

yavimaya
10-11-05, 07:28
and how many people have never seen the waterfall in Neocron city! Also how many people havent seen the BYB :P

Waterfall in NC? ive been playing since beta4, well with breaks, and have never seen it! got directions? or a sector?

Whats a BYB? :P

ZoVoS
10-11-05, 07:39
good items are not droped by noob mobs. good players dont want to kill week mobs for rubbish drops they will never use...

look at the gat cannon look at the laser riful. have u ever seen sumbody use em (mob droped ones) i havent

and they cant make items that are better drop from a rubbish mob

Heavyporker
10-11-05, 07:52
Ha ha ha! I can't believe there are still people that don't know about the BYB.

Psst, little nooby... go visit MB with a hacker buddy in tow.

ZoVoS
10-11-05, 07:55
thats the problem most ppl dont walk around looking for the byb with a friend (unless they know u need a friend)

p.s. i want that warbot statue to come alive n start masacaring noobs who walk past

Heavyporker
10-11-05, 08:14
zovos, that'd absolutely kick ass.

Maybe have that warbot fire mini-warbies that flatten you on impact.

Riddle
10-11-05, 15:12
p.s. i want that warbot statue to come alive n start masacaring noobs who walk past

Waiting for the day! that marches on NC

Argent
10-11-05, 22:00
I hope they don't ruin southern Gaia mines with more mobs, I like that it's a quiet cool looking place with a special mobs. At most some more mission content could be added.

The northern Gaia access (C?) is another matter....