PDA

View Full Version : Can't drive a Vehicle

Castoff
08-11-05, 17:14
Ok I know several of you have this problem. I have it as well. So I am looking for a fix.
Problem: I get on my Vehicle and think I am driving. I get off my Vehicle and I am jerked back to where I started from. I am not able to zone with my Vehicle. For me it is like hitting the end of the game. :confused:

My PC specs:
Video card = Nvidia GeForce FX 5600, Driver: nv4_mini.sys
On board sound = Nvidia(R) nForce, Driver: nvapu.sys
Hard Drive = 40 gig
Ram = 1 Gig Corsair
OS = XP Home
I have Cable
Processor = AMD x86 Family 6 Model 10 Stepping 0 / Speed = 2088 MHZ
Motherboard = ABIT / AN7
I have tried both DX versions, Dx 7, works for a while, then it returns to the above mentioned problem.

Riddle
08-11-05, 17:34
Rubber band effect? Have you tried the V-SYnch thing? I read that you need it on to stop this and worked for someone so must be some truth in it ;)

If not no idea :confused:

Shia
08-11-05, 17:42
Same thing happens to me on my main comp all time,
[3.8ghz , 2gb ram, 256mb ATI x850x PE Gfx Card, 80gb HD, Cabel ]
yet if i load up my old comp
[2.7ghz , 1gb ram , 128 Gfx card, 40 gb hd again on cabel with router connecting both comps]
and try drive it works np , i dunno if its cause i use a router ( but then both are connected to the router so how come one can drive vehicles and the other cant). I did ticket this once and hoder came in , we tryed a few things ( he ended up driveing me 1 zone away then i could drive) but its still the same , i truley give up trying to drive on my main comp.

Could be cause my main comp has Service pack 2 and my old doesnt , i realy dunno i have tryed without firewall on and with , STILL the same :(

Dade Murphey
08-11-05, 17:50
I was having this problem for the majority of last week...I could gr places just fine...and I could walk around and zone inside like MB and TH...but I couldn't leave zones, walking or driving, unless I just happened to get real lucky...but I've also been having some bandwidth problems though just in NC o.O the problem seems to have fixed itself for me, at least zoning-wise, but I now have to log into the game, wait a few min and then relog for my bandwidth to stablize :rolleyes:

capt-o
08-11-05, 19:19
The solution I've found that works for me 100% of the time is to change to DX7 (click on the config button on the launcher)

The trade-off is that things look worse overall, and for me the resolution went down. Also some character models lose their midsection.

zii
08-11-05, 20:05
I had the same prob with DX9 - Use DX7.

To use DX7 hold down the shift button while the client starts up.

1 start NC launcher
2 press lauch neocron
3 hold down shift
4 select DX7 from list in NC client

Shia
08-11-05, 20:07
oo didnt know that tbh , i will try see what happens , ty

Suh Duke
08-11-05, 20:19
I had the same prob with DX9 - Use DX7.

To use DX7 hold down the shift button while the client starts up.

1 start NC launcher
2 press lauch neocron
3 hold down shift
4 select DX7 from list in NC client

A better way is to simply open the launcher, goto config, and choose DX7 Direct Video Driver (its one option below what you already have selected). Once you have DX7 selected you can also change your resolution. Once you have everything you want just click apply and startup.

The reason for using that method instead of holding shift while starting the game is that if you hold shift the resolution defaults to a resolution you may not like.

Castoff
08-11-05, 22:52
Rubber band effect? Have you tried the V-SYnch thing? I read that you need it on to stop this and worked for someone so must be some truth in it ;)

If not no idea :confused:

Ok I am trying this option. It worked in dx7 with V-Synch always on, instead of program choose. I will test in DX 9 as I like the graphics better and the distance.

Thank you :)

Castoff
08-11-05, 23:08
Same thing happens to me on my main comp all time,
[3.8ghz , 2gb ram, 256mb ATI x850x PE Gfx Card, 80gb HD, Cabel ]
yet if i load up my old comp
[2.7ghz , 1gb ram , 128 Gfx card, 40 gb hd again on cabel with router connecting both comps]
and try drive it works np , i dunno if its cause i use a router ( but then both are connected to the router so how come one can drive vehicles and the other cant). I did ticket this once and hoder came in , we tryed a few things ( he ended up driveing me 1 zone away then i could drive) but its still the same , i truley give up trying to drive on my main comp.

Could be cause my main comp has Service pack 2 and my old doesnt , i realy dunno i have tryed without firewall on and with , STILL the same :(

I run service pack 2 on both my pcs. The pc running the ATI card can drive no problem.
specs:
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3000+
Version: x86 Family 15 Model 12 Stepping 0
Speed: 2002 MHz
Video Card:
Model: RADEON 8500 SERIES
Driver: ati2mtag.sys
Sound Card:
Manufacturer: Analog Devices, Inc.
Model: SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio
Driver: smwdm.sys
Motherboard:
ASUS, K8V SE Deluxe
OS = XP Home
1 Gig of Corsair PRO DDR PC3200 w/LED
80 Gig Hard Drive
This is my main PC.
The biggest problem I have on this pc is: Desk top boots, game freezes & Client.EXE problems.
I believe it is due to ATI not playing well with a VIA mother board.

Kame
09-11-05, 18:52
KK listen to this plz.

cars are much better since the speed patch.thx a lot.

regardless there still is a few things to be fixed concerning vehicules.

sometimes i can zone fine for 1 hr, and sometimes i zone, the game sends my player to zone-reset-pos and my car stays in the last zone i was in.

how inconvinient considering i was taking my car to save time !!!
i end up taking 2x time then if i had walked.

and the AT troop carrier that is UNUSABLE !!!
i tried zoning into crp with a full team + gunner going by the shortcut, and EVERYONE fataled !! everysingle guy in the team i think, even the guys on foot... that was the worst zoning ive ever had in NC, i think.

now i paid 600 or so to get that car, wich takes me for instance... 2 hrs/RL
now ive prolly spent 20 mins trying to make things work and prolly got 1 guy killed, and everyone pissed...

so 2 hrs + (20 mins x number of ppl in my car) = 4 hrs roughly

4 hrs at 15$ average(if u work for less ur fucked, tbh) = 60 US $

60 US$ roughly is 4 months subscription.

what im getting at is this : if it doesnt work, it shouldnt be in game, or under constant developement.
we put time into this game, time = money.
so plz try to avoid having us WASTING TIME.
or at least be kind enough to have stickies about what items have what bugs.
or put an NPC next to vendor explaining bugs, or even have it written on item description.