PDA

View Full Version : Whats left?

awkward silence
06-11-05, 13:38
I waited for the pvp server patiently for years...

I like the rules mostly (i want belts to drop in watzones too). I played there, leveled up and took my le off. By that time theres not many people left there.

I dont want to go back to terra where zonewhoring zonelines is the brave new (old) form of pvp. I dont like ppus nor do i like zonelines. Ppus were on neptune too but it didnt get as bad.

I would stay on neptune but theres hardly anyone to tradeskill with, hardly anyone to go get a woc disk or x-bow with etc.

I havent bothered to log for months now. Whats left?

sultana
06-11-05, 13:53
Same old.

Us few but brave, are leading the uprising (or bitching) against ppus. But alas, so far it has had no effect.

Nidhogg
06-11-05, 14:00
If you look around you'll find Evol 2.1. There will be quite a few changes coming along in this expansion - it's not just a graphics update.

N

awkward silence
06-11-05, 20:15
If you look around you'll find Evol 2.1. There will be quite a few changes coming along in this expansion - it's not just a graphics update.

N

Well all ive seen are ghaphic sneak peaks. What else is supposed to change? As far as i know ppu's are still far from being addressed, neptune will clearly not get any important changes (those that need another codebase). WOC is made a grind that is only usefull for a pe or a spy but only a PPU supported apu/tank can get em (droners too but with a HEAVY amount of agro zoning). MC5?

In this game you CAN not manage without four accounts or a massive amount of people to help you. Neptune has only two slots and because of not listening properly to the community its an empty planet.

People have wanted a rarepart drop increase in neptune which we will probably never get. Beltdrops in warzones? I personally would like an easier (not impossible) WOC. Many including me would like a PPU free server with the possibility of getting a WOC disk without a need to synch up and down.

Get the point? Ill check the forums better but can i get linkage to info on evol. 2.1 that says something else than new vegetation or new weapon models.

Nidhogg
06-11-05, 21:35
Ill check the forums better but can i get linkage to info on evol. 2.1 that says something else than new vegetation or new weapon models.
Nope. Not yet.

N

Riddle
06-11-05, 21:53
Nope. Not yet.

N

intriguing :confused:

Koshinn
06-11-05, 22:04

N
Wait Nid is saying that as if the other changes are common knowledge, but then he says

Ill check the forums better but can i get linkage to info on evol. 2.1 that says something else than new vegetation or new weapon models.

Nope. Not yet.

N

:confused: :confused: :confused:

elGringo
06-11-05, 22:40
Expect a big boost of the Neocronicle and VotR press coverage with Evol 2.1.
The Content Team is currently heavily busy with preparing the new content that will hit the servers together with the other feature updates Holger has anounced in the planfile. (http://neocron.jafc.de/showpost.php?p=1893819&postcount=13)

It updates many of the models used in the game, including the complete vegetation of the game world and many weapons.Several features of the graphics engine have also been updated for better performance and improved visuals. In addition, new content will be added in form of quests and a new dungeon to explore. (http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/loadNews/3955)

thats about it, really...

Clive tombstone
06-11-05, 22:57
Hey niddy I was wondering, are we gonna get to Neotokyo and even (please god) Mars or irata? I dont want to come off rude, its just that for the back story written into this game, Id love to actually see what these places would look like.

PS-would Reakktor ever be hiring a some new stateside employees in the next year or two? Just wondering because Ill have my Bachelors in Game art and design/Interactive media soon. :D

Ryen
06-11-05, 23:03

N

You mother fucker. The second I think I know all there is to know and have anticipated all there is to anticipate you throw this at me.

You mother fucker.

naimex
06-11-05, 23:21
I know you´re saying that in the nicest way possible...

but it sounds awfully harsh...

I would have used completely different words...

eprodigy
06-11-05, 23:34
I waited for the pvp server patiently for years...

I like the rules mostly (i want belts to drop in watzones too). I played there, leveled up and took my le off. By that time theres not many people left there.

I dont want to go back to terra where zonewhoring zonelines is the brave new (old) form of pvp. I dont like ppus nor do i like zonelines. Ppus were on neptune too but it didnt get as bad.

I would stay on neptune but theres hardly anyone to tradeskill with, hardly anyone to go get a woc disk or x-bow with etc.

my feelings exactly. no one can answer you becuase there IS nothing left. the only thing to look forward to is some nicer weeds to look at while you deal with the same shit that never will get fixed.

i hate to be negative also, but i have the feeling those EVOL quotes above will be in someones signature in a few months alongside the old planfile quotes.

Pungent77
07-11-05, 01:32
You mother fucker. The second I think I know all there is to know and have anticipated all there is to anticipate you throw this at me.

You mother fucker.
O_o o_O

zii
07-11-05, 15:26
In this game you CAN not manage without four accounts or a massive amount of people to help you. Neptune has only two slots and because of not listening properly to the community its an empty planet.

The game manged on Pluto, and Mars hits 20% and it has one-slot. Neptune just needs more people to try it out, and LEs removed. The latter might solve the former.

In its current configuration, Neptune's PVP branding is undeserved.

Riddle
07-11-05, 15:35

Log in head for Plaza and throw all your well earned shit to needy noobs :P or greedy vets :lol:

Seriously? IMO I would hang, see what Evo 2.1 throws out.
It may be more than just a graphics update you never know.
KK have been Flamed so much in the past for not delivering things they promised that maybe..... just maybe..... this time they have a little something up their sleeve's

Bugs Gunny
07-11-05, 15:37
Only thing i'm interested in is the whole ppu thing.

Riddle
07-11-05, 15:40
Then maybe you won't have one for the ceres labs ;)

Bugs Gunny
07-11-05, 15:45
Then maybe it'll be fun again to level?

Last night 4 FETISH pes went to level on doy bots. It was great fun, even with the dying and all. We were running for cover in the buildings, venturing out to lure some, doing all the talking in teamchat.

I've seen spies, tanks and apus solo chaos and gravis caves.

All that would be needed for it to work is nerf the 120/120 mobs.

Riddle
07-11-05, 15:48
Then maybe it'll be fun again to level?

Last night 4 FETISH pes went to level on doy bots. It was great fun, even with the dying and all. We were running for cover in the buildings, venturing out to lure some, doing all the talking in teamchat.

I've seen spies, tanks and apus solo chaos and gravis caves.

All that would be needed for it to work is nerf the 120/120 mobs.

OK, ok, lets not turn this into another PPU thread :).

And i have solo'd DOY tunnels level 1 without a PPU which is like you say fun , 2nd level? No way :lol:

Asurmen Spec Op
07-11-05, 20:51
Maybe if you, like everyone else on that server, didnt keep your LE in till epics done, The fighters wouldnt have left bored to death.

But, Im sure your to uber to fight with a TL 60 gun right?

awkward silence
07-11-05, 22:17
I want this game to be fun. Graphics are cool and stuff but they wont fix ppus or neptunes population/LE.

I think that combines my previous posts.

jj dynomite
07-11-05, 23:23
Nid...

Can you at least tell us if some of the old school bugs are gonna be fixed?

The drone bugs have been the same since the retail release of NC1.
The zoning into somebody elses body is getting over the top
Sync issues are bigger than they've ever been.
And the list goes on...

I like the new graphics, but does KK just not hold these many, many bugs/issues at a high priority?

giga191
07-11-05, 23:26
Graphics are cool and stuff but they wont fix ppus or neptunes population/LE.

I think that combines my previous posts. do i need to link to all the threads where people say that art department don't do balancing?

QuakCow
07-11-05, 23:28
ah, but those are from when we only knew evo 2.1 as a graphics change

now we know theres more. a dungeon and whatnot, which do require coding and balancing

giga191
07-11-05, 23:36
ah, but those are from when we only knew evo 2.1 as a graphics change

now we know theres more. a dungeon and whatnot, which do require coding and balancing i'm just saying that there's nothing wrong with the art department doing the thing that they were hired to.

Asurmen Spec Op
08-11-05, 00:46
N
Sync issues are bigger than they've ever been.

Oh god, no they arent... dont bring back the memories of green pants pink shirt doy bots on my head take 30+ trys to get into the game BS.

The sync can be bad, but not as bad as that was

giga191
08-11-05, 01:04
i never synch on login unless i'm dual logged or DLing. It's all about the connection

Asurmen Spec Op
08-11-05, 01:17
i never synch on login unless i'm dual logged or DLing. It's all about the connection
But just remeber back when we had the scary bug fest :p

awkward silence
08-11-05, 10:40
do i need to link to all the threads where people say that art department don't do balancing?

A while ago we were said ALL of KK's "bandwith" is in evo 2.1
Its more than a graphic update but ive yet to see a mention on fixing neptune or ppus. That is my problem!