PDA

View Full Version : Its rather sad

sanityislost
06-11-05, 04:23
Damn this is evil, i miss the days when the servers would be down and loads of
people would be posting on the forums about pointless shit, like how the neocron
servers are in a shed with no roof...or about why the hell does a 2 legged mob
drop 3 foot bones......is it just meh or does anyone else miss that?

SiL ..:..

Dade Murphey
06-11-05, 04:37
Yeah...the forums were a lot more fun about a year ago...haha...20 polls a day...half of which were repeats if only the person would have looked down 4 threads...haha

sanityislost
06-11-05, 04:39
Yeah...the forums were a lot more fun about a year ago...haha...20 polls a day...half of which were repeats if only the person would have looked down 4 threads...haha

lol yep, alot of it was already posted...but it was still fun to read :lol:

Lifewaster
06-11-05, 05:07
Yep its very quiet , I wonder why they dont add Server Specific forums where ppl could post about whats happening on Terra etc , kinda like an external/in-game forum since the in-game ones are never really used.

hegemonic
06-11-05, 08:21
yes yes and yes.

I wish I had something to contribute to this thread other than agreement... perhaps the problem is we all got dumber (myself included)??

Kierz
06-11-05, 09:10
agreed ive been bored for 8 hours now waiting for the servers to come back up, ughhhhh.

think i shoulda gone to sleep so i could get up when the servers start =[

ow well 2 hours to go =x

Kierz
06-11-05, 09:15
how about some speculation on this (http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm?loadNews=3955&fp=1024,768,492675156,20051104174639)
In addition, new content will be added in form of quests and a new dungeon to explore

how about a reused storage room (sewer would be too simple) with 70/70 + 80/80 spawning spiders and a 90/90 rat with a 120/120 giant roach boss ?

-FN-
06-11-05, 09:18
I think about that all the time. I load up my "NC Forums" bookmark once a day now. It used to be several times a day - fresh posts at each reload. Now my single refresh yields a few new replies and fewer new posts.

I don't blame the game for that tho - Honestly, I think we, as a community, have just debated every existing issue to death. And we've brainstormed everything to death. There might be less people - but even if there aren't, we've just stretched the subjects regarding Neocron soooooooooo thin - I think that our current community is out of steam. Then we get new blood and they post things they think are new and creative - the existing community says "Duh - that was already posted [link back to some post in 2003]"...

*shrug* I'm buzzed. Maybe I don't know what I'm saying. That's most likely it.

But seriously, what more can we (the community) say that KK hasn't already thought of, heard, or done?

‡ Stormlord ‡
06-11-05, 09:47
Holy fucking shit!

This burns! I am -6hours away from european timezone. been bored 3 hours now, thought I ll play all the night long, but the damn servers are down for the next 7 hours FFS

IMO its stupid to let the servers down at WEEKENDS, where all people want to play all night long !!!!

@thread: well this is odd, I can read a lot of Comeback-Threads and we r still alone alltogether...

GOODNIGHT DAMNIT

Nidhogg
06-11-05, 14:09
IMO its stupid to let the servers down at WEEKENDS, where all people want to play all night long !!!!
Not our call. It's the server centre that hosts our servers. Most of their clients will be businessnes so it makes sense for them to perform their electrical refit in the middle of the night during the weekend. It just happens to be really crap timing for us. :/

As for posting crap when the servers are down, most of the time back in NC1 days a lot of those posts were along the lines of "OMG there will be a rollback!!111one". Personally I'm glad that we don't worry about rollbacks any more. ;)

N

Morpheous
06-11-05, 15:28
Where ARE the NC servers, out of interest? InterXion, Redbus..?

I know for a fact that Redbus Interhouse Meridian Gate or Soverign House would never do maintainence on a weekend, only at about 4AM in the morning on Monday (GMT), and they don't take hours to do it, either.

elGringo
06-11-05, 16:06
Where ARE the NC servers, out of interest? InterXion, Redbus..?

http://www.reakktor.com/html/kk_company.html
..and run a tracert to the gameserver if you like ;)

edit:

Level 3 is just the carrier used by the datacenter - the name of the datacenter itself is not mentioned anywhere. ;)

Brammers
06-11-05, 16:06
Level 3 in Hannover IIRC.

Edit: elGringo beat me to it, with the correct location!

Mr Kot
06-11-05, 16:56
Personally I'm glad that we don't worry about rollbacks any more. ;)
That's good news.

Hmm.. you did remember to do a backup before everything went down, didn't you? Just checking :p

/edit: 1000 posts! Do i win a prize?

CMaster
06-11-05, 16:58
/edit: 1000 posts! Do i win a prize?

Yeah, a 2 day ban to slow you down. :P

edit: wait, when did I make 1100+posts?

sanityislost
06-11-05, 17:01
Woooo Gratz dude!

@FN: lol yea dude think your right there the community has talked about everything

LiL T
06-11-05, 19:00
Humm umm

We need some new ideas or something =/

RogerRamjet
06-11-05, 19:07
Theres been plenty of threads with new ideas, they just usually make about 9 pages over a week then slowly descend into the older pages.

Koshinn
06-11-05, 20:29
Yep its very quiet , I wonder why they dont add Server Specific forums where ppl could post about whats happening on Terra etc , kinda like an external/in-game forum since the in-game ones are never really used.

http://forum.neocron.com/forumdisplay.php?f=106

‡ Stormlord ‡
06-11-05, 20:33
... most of the time back in NC1 days a lot of those posts were along the lines of "OMG there will be a rollback!!111one". Personally I'm glad that we don't worry about rollbacks any more. ;)

hell yeah, back in the old NC1 days I did have like 2 rollbacks on my character...

...therefore I even would rather like a 20 hours server down as the friggin rollbacks !

*calmed down* :D

Heavyporker
06-11-05, 20:40
1 thousand posts.

*pfft*

That's not newsworthy.

10 thousand posts is!