PDA

View Full Version : Defense Balancing

FlashFF
02-11-05, 03:52
Juust want to see what iyour opinion on balancing the defense of the cities is.

Currently Plaza and Viarosso are a nightmare to get into and have barely any places out of sight of guards and copbots.

Dome of york has a couple of guards at the exit of exah sector and thats about it. Its incredibly easy to break into and low SL isnt punished.

This to me seems like its saying if you are anti-city its fine to kill allies.
Its also stupid cos it allows pro-ciy easy access to anti-city areas. this IMO is one of the reasons noone bothers to go there.

So comments suggestions and of course a poll.

Asurmen Spec Op
02-11-05, 04:26
Imo, Plaza and via3 should switch, with via3 being safe because via3 is a cooler fucking zone.

As a CM, who was Anti for 6months and pro for 3-4 They are fine

vashtyphoon78
02-11-05, 04:27
i only think they need balanced as the fucking DoY guard direct damage and our shitty Para crap.

ZoVoS
02-11-05, 04:29
=[ i always dreamed of one day launching drones from my lil safe spot on top of the world n plaza 1

but i just cant be bothered to grind a anti city droner. =] i hate doy it smells of cheese

:( :( :(

an the balance is ok. doy dont need any guards, u get powned on the way

LiL T
02-11-05, 06:40
There is no need for parra and the insane ammount of NPC gaurds now there is a safe zone in each city, this really kills the enjoyment. The npcs should lose that parra and get a boost, like 1 extra point of damage per plasma blob would enough. Since you end up with like 10 of them shooting you its going to be another 40 points of damage dished out per second, the doy gaurds damage is fine but the parra is total overkill. NPC's need better AI and a big speed boost, like make them look like there in a hurry to kill you, atm they just move around like snails and act very dumb.

sultana
02-11-05, 08:43
There's no real point in raiding each other city. The constant guard para just makes it worse.

Remove the guards from plaza 1 so we can have the old (not that old) nc trading ground back.

Terayon
02-11-05, 09:20
I want no guards in pp2 and 1 and less guards in all plaza sectors. That or have them have way less hp's and spawn slower. Going to crp every time i want to fight is annoying.

Mystic-Crusader
02-11-05, 09:25
remove all hq gr guards, who cares if its just zone whoring its pvp, its what most ppl log onto do.

lower the amounts of guards in specific zones like p3, p2, p1 keep like via1-3 all heavy guarded they r the posh places. ( and pp2 maybe not pp1 )

put a gr in one of the abandoned sectors to please all those that think OZ is a easy way into the city. Even tho the subway will kill any anti city.

doy guards r fine other wise, they don't patrol so aslong as u stay away from certain places ur fine. (unlike nc)

Terayon
02-11-05, 09:28
Oh, and lets move the doy guards from the doy grav lifts! So very frustrating.

naimex
02-11-05, 09:35
Woohoo, I´m the first to vote "They´re fine, I´m AntiCity" Yay me :D

Bugs Gunny
02-11-05, 10:09
Give both doy and cityguards the copbot dammage without the parashock.

SorkZmok
02-11-05, 11:11
Lower the number of cops in NC. Remove their para, lower their rank aswell and decrease the respawn time. Same for doy guards. It should be possible to raid places properly by killing all the enemy guards without them respawning pretty much instantly.

And either give NC surroundings more stormbots or lower the number of those fucking doy bots. o_O

/edit

What i would LOVE to see is an official KK poll. ANd according to it, they would change the rules on neptune as that server already got killed by the LE. THat might be a chance to get it going again.

Stuff like:
Para in or out
More guards or less
LE in or out
Beltdrop in warzones

Stuff like that. I'd love that.

giga191
02-11-05, 12:15
i only think they need balanced as the fucking DoY guard direct damage and our shitty Para crap. doy guards are pretty much indentical to copbots

Skusty
02-11-05, 12:17
DoY Guards are to good...before i could run there with tank but now, uh uh.... :( Gotta run with spy :D But i want to get some symp on tank to :p

Riddle
02-11-05, 14:37
Personally i find DOY a real hard slog to get to.
First you got to dodge all those insanely damaging roaming bots, then you gotta hope there is no guards stuck in the lifts because you'll be dead before you get to the bottom.

After that its not to bad, just got to watch those zonelines and prey for a quick synch :D

And that was all on a Spy, any other char without a PPU? Forget it.

FlashFF
03-11-05, 01:06
doy dont need any guards, u get powned on the way

You may indeed but a lot of people faction switch which gives them access to GRs in DoY

Once at a GR they only need to move a short distance to be out of the guards range. The same behaviour is impossible to do in NC when anti-city. theres nowhere to escape the guards.

Riddle
03-11-05, 12:26
Sewers? Lifts? apartments? Stealth :D There are a load of safe areas through the city you just got to be careful ;)

Kame
03-11-05, 16:47
You can go almost anywhere in DoY (xept for CC) with a 10 sec stealth.

the PARA is crap on the guards but otherwise they would be NOTHING compared to a runner.

NC has 4x more guards because its the city, and doy is more like, a refugee camp. perfectly makes sense.

altough they made it harder to raid NC by putting more guards in the NC HQ, and they shouldnt had, i wanna hunt spys in P2.

Seraphin[69]
03-11-05, 17:11
I'm TG and the CM guards do LOADS of damage, regardless of your class/buffs but they do not freeze ^^

I died a lot to guards when pking there ^^

ZoVoS
03-11-05, 22:21
on my blessed hyb i can sustain damage from 3 copbots n 4 guards :S while multy lightning them

nightwind
03-11-05, 23:26
Personally i find DOY a real hard slog to get to.
First you got to dodge all those insanely damaging roaming bots
if u are smart u go the way where there is only have 1 sector with doy bots