PDA

View Full Version : New Class !!!!!

jj dynomite
01-11-05, 20:26
So in my playings I noticed something odd.
All 4 classes have DEX as either a primary (PE, Spy, Psi Monk) or secondary (tank) stat. None of them have DEX as a terciary stat.
Psi is a primary stat on just 1 class (Psi Monk) and isn't secondary on any class.
STR is primary on only 1 class (Tank) and secondary on only 1 Class (PE)

So with these thoughts...i've created a new class in my head.

The Psi-Tank or Psi-Borg
Max Stats:
INT 25
STR 100
CON 40
DEX 35
PSI 100

I don't know how Uber or cheap this class would be, but my thoughts are just a fighting machine. This is not a tradeskill character. The mixture of HC and PPU or APU would be balanced because somebody would have to pick which one to focus on. They would be slow moving with the lack of Agility and Athletics. They would also have low hitpoints and resists in comparison to other combat based characters. Their intelligence (if they were setup normally) would be split between Weapon Lore and Psi Use.

Anyway...that is my idea.

Let me know what you think. No flaming or bitching about current classes being overpowered. Jus tsimple "I agree" or "I disagree" "and this is why" discussion

Tarn
01-11-05, 20:32
I dont think i like the idea becuase its pretty much a tank ( yes i know con is low ) but all they gota do is put points into ppu so they can holy shelt and use level 3 primes.

jj dynomite
01-11-05, 20:37
Ok...so they holy shelter and are using the other big buffs...

They won't be doing much damage in a fight if they are just using their ppu skills on themselves. If they are getting debuffed during the fight, they will either be getting hurt, or not hurting at all.

For this class...it's an either/or situation at any given time during PvP.
As for PvM...they just won't die. They will do a lot of damage and level up quickly. It's the same as a PPU using SoulCluster but it just takes a lot less time.

Bare in mind...this character is built to kill and do it well. It won't be an easy job to take one down, but it is possible. 1 on 1 would probably not be the best style of PvP when going against this character class.

Tarn
01-11-05, 20:42
Sure they can do DMG... think of it like this.. Your a CS tank and you buff yourself then fight, heal when you need to as always and somtimes if your a pe you might be used to geting antibuffd by an apu.. so what when you see it re-sd. Its not that hard. Also about you thinking they cant do dmg, they can also db and im pretty sure CS + db is uber.

Skusty
01-11-05, 20:52
ewww not this! They will use HL lvl 4 armor and drug for setup GAH! Or cs with holybuffs

Zeninja
01-11-05, 21:03
If I were you, I would increase INT and lower CON, or maybe make PSI/STR cap around 90 (then reinvest points so as to keep 300 as a sum).

I prefer not even thinking about how much powerful would be a ppu using a CS you know. Not to mention the mess melee tanks using Antibuffs with a ppu on their back during OP fights would be.

Anytime I think 40 CON is really too much when you got big armour + big ppu, since coupled with DEX 35 you have more than enough to get pretty high runspeed without sacrifying your Athletics

Imo, a more balanced char of that kind should look like this :

INT 75
STR 100
CON 35
DEX 10
PSI 80

Another thing is, we have to keep in mind that skills distribution between classes is also related to a background, not only to pvp/pvm game balance, and this is how I explain why a certain skill is 100 for two classes where another one is a one-class privilege.

Riddle
01-11-05, 21:06
That class looks like it would be nerfed in a hotfix right after it was patched in :lol: .

Too much going for it :eek:

jj dynomite
01-11-05, 21:08
Sure they can do DMG... think of it like this.. Your a CS tank and you buff yourself then fight, heal when you need to as always and somtimes if your a pe you might be used to geting antibuffd by an apu.. so what when you see it re-sd. Its not that hard. Also about you thinking they cant do dmg, they can also db and im pretty sure CS + db is uber.

I know they can do damage...that's the point. They will have to choose very wisely when they buff/heal and shoot. It'll be a hard balance to keep if they using the HC/PPU mixture
If they decide to go for the APU/HC mixture...Talk about the ultimate damage machine...but low health and resists will make it much easier for them to go down.

ewww not this! They will use HL lvl 4 armor and drug for setup GAH! Or cs with holybuffs

Yes they will...

Kame
01-11-05, 21:27
i would basically being like an APU with lv 4 armor...

hmmm, lemme think about it...

I dont think so.

retr0n
01-11-05, 21:29
Para, Db, Rav Rav Rav, Holy Heal, Para, Rav Rav Rav Rav, Holy Heal, Para

I would like new classes, something completly new, but it's not really possible
with the current implementation without doing some heavy modifications to the
game.

jj dynomite
01-11-05, 23:17
[QUOTE=Kame]i would basically being like an APU with lv 4 armor...
QUOTE]

An APU w/lvl 4 armour yes...but with the low CON...you'll have at least 2 resists at very low percentages. Or have all resists at just a mediocre percentage.

If you make all of the armour pieces a different type to boost all resists...it won't give too much. if you make them all the same type...you'll have low resists in other areas.

And don't forget...if you put all your CON points into your resists...you'll have next to no endurance, HP or athletics...all 3 things you'll really need.

So...UBER with giving damage, but weak with receiving it.

Kame
01-11-05, 23:22
armor value is better then resist value

CMaster
01-11-05, 23:33
OK, how the hell is 35 dex on a monk a "primary stat"?
Oh, also, this "new class" is short 10 levels compared to the others. I'd put 5 more in dex and 5 more in int to make this class ludicrous.
Secondly, monks only have 20 STR and 45 Con. This class is realistically tougher than a monk already, (and can wear top level monk AND tank armour). Then you are adding on the fact that they can use Holy buffs and a top TL weapon (personally, I'd go melee/passive on this char - lowtech so no need to waste precious dex in TC. Buff up, para, DB, swipe swipe swipe win). So we have a class that is as unkillable as a PPU, with the damage of a tank. Yeah, sensible.

Ung.Tee
01-11-05, 23:45
Thats a real stupid idea, sry i mean bullshit!

Str 100 ok cs and more...
int 25 more than tank, cool, more wpl and psi use
con 40 enough for normal setups
dex 35 ok not so much agl cuz you need tc
psi 100 yeah sure... holy sd and buffs

it make me laugh :lol: :lol: :lol:
I want a cs with the freq of a Speedgat!!!1
And a rare Heal only for Hybrids!!!1
And a rare Xray Holy Lightning!!!1

Balance the other classes before you think about a new class!

Kozmos
02-11-05, 00:11
Fuck yes make this class so i can be a PoB using melee tank with holy heal and shelter, winnar, do it !!!!!

vashtyphoon78
02-11-05, 00:40
bullcrap

this would totally unbalence the game 30000000000x more than it currently is....i mean a self buffing POB using melee tank, or hell a APU with 300 force :mad:

jj dynomite
02-11-05, 00:55

My Mistake...forgot it was INT not DEX

Oh, also, this "new class" is short 10 levels compared to the others.

You might want to readd thost numbers.

CMaster
02-11-05, 01:05
You might want to readd thost numbers.
Eh, so I can't do 25+35. Blah.

IceStorm
02-11-05, 03:03
As it's been pointed out that Psi Monks have DEX as a tertiary stat, there's little point to this thread, or a new class for that matter.

The last thing this game needs is self-PPUing Tanks. While I'd personally enjoy it, the un-LE'ed masses wouldn't.

sultana
02-11-05, 03:13
eh, the "tank" really wouldn't have enough psi use to make using holy spells (apu or ppu) worthwhile. So I figure blessed hybrid ppu spells, with some kind of a tank weapon.

Though I have to agree that this thing would be weak. I mean, the only reason spies and monks (to some extent) get anything in the resists department is cause of the heavy belts.

So this guy will either have monk armour without the belt to back it up, or tank armour without the con to back it up :rolleyes:

Still armour resists at 100ish with blessed shelt + heal and a cs :)

Terayon
02-11-05, 09:26
Would rather they fix the ppu's somehow before they add another class.

That or add the mutant class idea. Man that idea was awsome...

Found it here! (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=99615&highlight=mutant+class)
That would be truely awsome.

CMaster
02-11-05, 13:07
Not enough PSU? 122 isn't great, but its enough.
See THIS setup (actually, now that I think about it, Heat 3 may be better than HAZ.

solling
02-11-05, 13:26
i would basically being like an APU with lv 4 armor...

ok to all those who say this psi armor > lvl 4 armor i belive the problem with this class would be the psi ppu tankage wich would be kinda bleh no matter how low con they got the holy S etc woudl make up for it

Scanner Darkly
02-11-05, 14:24
Sultana, I agree this is a slightly (completely) loony idea for a 5th class, but this tank would have much better armour than either tank or monk - and wear a HOLY SPIRIT belt, which combined with either full level 4 armour or level 4 and holy spirit is better than what a tank or monk can wear individually.

Holy buffs would indeed cast slowy, unless his psi setup was modified to combat this. He would probably be able to get near cap on HHeal and HDeflector casting speed cap and not too shabby on holy shelter, if he sacrificed some damage. Even so, this class' buffs should still be as good or better than a PPUs (foreign) buffs cast on him.

I agree with a previous poster, that with current game mechanics there is no room for adding another class without unbalancing it.

What I would like to see, would be a totally freeform class, where you could move around mainstats up to a maximum of 100 in each stat (with the same total of 300), which would of course lead to some crazy/superior setups that would unbalance the game. It would make NC more fun tho, right? Or you could only change 10 levels from one mainstat to another - after you cap. Again pretty crazy, and has been suggested ages ago.

Of course you could make a monk with 100 PSI 80INT 40DEX 50CON and be pretty invincible :)

Or HC PE that caps CS/Rav and shelter/DB.

edit: actually, I guess the thead topic's 5th class would be far more uber if he had capped blessed buffs and anti deflector+damageboost sanctum. Thus he'd be a Tank with Damage boost, blessed buffs best overall armour and fairly lowly con - that could easily get compensated by resist chips combined with the actual armour- since this tank could wear marine moveon ppr mini-ppr having no need of any PA and still cap his CS/Rav.

Superbron
02-11-05, 14:36
New class: sure! That would revive this game certainly. This class seems to be overpowered. A mutant class (and faction) should be the most sensible thing according tot the storyline to implement.

I also like the cyborg-class, but with other stats. Hm maybe a robot-class as well... Let me think about stats: It's very difficult to balance things I guess: maybe some other skills should be implemented.

giga191
02-11-05, 14:39
There would need to be another main skill to make another class. The only thing i could think of is a none human character of some sort

Argent
02-11-05, 14:40
Holy PPU selfbuffing tanks? APUs with the best armors? Even with that amount of int, they would be too über.

Thread rated : 1 star.

Riddle
02-11-05, 14:45
I think a new class will require a new skill tbh, just depends where you shove it.

At the moment you can choose fighting class of rifle - pistol, Heavy - melee, PPU - APU, Droner - ?

Wheres the droners alternative?
maybe hacknet but thats not real world so lets have some suggestions of what can go in there!

Not really many other weapons you can have in game so a new class may have to use existing ones making it just an alternative setup.

Anyone got a truly groundbreaking idea on a new class not just some spin on a <Insert weapon here> weilding char?

sultana
02-11-05, 14:59
Not enough PSU? 122 isn't great, but its enough.
See THIS setup (actually, now that I think about it, Heat 3 may be better than HAZ.
Still 122 psu and 145 ppu ain't great.

Also didn't remember the holy spirit belt. Hmm...

So I made a setup, and in the interests of trying to make this the most overpowered thing ever, I've kept the skill bonuses the same as that a monk would get. Imagine a this thing with a dev or speedgat coming at you 8|

I'm assuming dev/speedgat will cap at 169 HC.

hegemonic
02-11-05, 15:31
Good to see you're thinking, but I think this is a terrible idea, for most of the reasons already stated.

It is an interesting post though. Even still: * - 1 star :(

Keep thinking! :)

Mutant class would rule!

Riddle
03-11-05, 12:03
What about a Full Sabotage char?

- able to use hacknet well in order to gain access to those dangerous places by passing the guards.

- Able to Sabotage peoples hacks by hacking back like the AI does for use at OP wars :)

- Able to place Explosives on a timer.

- Able to place Explosives on a switch controlled by the player and ready to detonate when he see's enemy approaching through his BINOCULARS :D

- Able to place explosives that detonate on trip, sensitivity or just by passing close to it.

- Blow up parked Vechs in one bomb!

- Create molotov cocktails from Drinks already in game, for sale to other players :) or personal use.

- able to Re-wire Turrets placed at op's to their faction(Clan) thus fireing on other turrets :) or own clan when they turn up.

Gotta be good :)

giga191
03-11-05, 17:30

- able to use hacknet well in order to gain access to those dangerous places by passing the guards.

- Able to Sabotage peoples hacks by hacking back like the AI does for use at OP wars :)

- Able to place Explosives on a switch controlled by the player and ready to detonate when he see's enemy approaching through his BINOCULARS :D

- Able to place explosives that detonate on trip, sensitivity or just by passing close to it.

- Create molotov cocktails from Drinks already in game, for sale to other players :) or personal use.

- able to Re-wire Turrets placed at op's to their faction(Clan) thus fireing on other turrets :) or own clan when they turn up.

Gotta be good :) i would rather that they gave that ability to the classes already ingame

Seraphin[69]
03-11-05, 17:41
In my early dreams I thought about a Ceres War Machine :

Slow, very hard to kill

INT 70
STR 100
CON 100
DEX 30
PSI 0

That one would only be meant for opwars (high con, capable of using heavy weapons) but very slow (need T-C for weapons so less AGL) and very high resists (heavy belt access, lvl 4 armor access)

My second dream was a Ceres-tank

INT 35
STR 135
CON 100
DEX 30
PSI 0

Same as my first dream, but with extra STR giving them access to even higher lvl canons (Ceres plasma canon, Ceres ravager, Ion Canon etc...)

But hey, that was a dream I had ^^

Terayon
03-11-05, 19:58
Ya there isent anything that could be done and be diffrent from the other classes. There would have to be a new stat but that would mean changing around all the other classes. Or a new weapon type that requires 2 stats, like int and str, then a new class. Otherwise i cant see it working unles it uses a diffrent system all together like mutants.

Sepharin, those are just another tank class. To similar i think.

braydagner
04-11-05, 00:26

Gotta be good :)

Great idea in my opinion. I say, KK run with it! (but with mines as rares or hacknet, else we'd see nothing BUT mines on p2 zoneline)

gstyle40
04-11-05, 21:05
Oh, also, this "new class" is short 10 levels compared to the others. I'd put 5 more in dex and 5 more in int to make this class ludicrous.
Secondly, monks only have 20 STR and 45 Con. This class is realistically tougher than a monk already, (and can wear top level monk AND tank armour). Then you are adding on the fact that they can use Holy buffs and a top TL weapon (personally, I'd go melee/passive on this char - lowtech so no need to waste precious dex in TC. Buff up, para, DB, swipe swipe swipe win). So we have a class that is as unkillable as a PPU, with the damage of a tank. Yeah, sensible.

couldnt have said it better myself C

gstyle40
04-11-05, 21:08
Fuck yes make this class so i can be a PoB using melee tank with holy heal and shelter, winnar, do it !!!!!

ROFLMAO omg.......EEEEeeee.... :D

Hellmag
04-11-05, 21:35
Mechs:
Mechs are not new in the world, but earlier attempts has failed. Noone really knew why until someone started to check out what really happened to the pilots in their Mechanoid suits. The problem they found was that the pilot identified themself too much with the mech, so much so that they became the Mech and forgot their humanity. And as a result of this they eventually forgot to eat and sleep, hey they were Mechs they didn't have to do that. This, of cource, resulted in the pilots dieing inside their mechs, and the empty shells can now be seen roaming the wilderness.
So, what did these pilots lack? After long and hard research one team found out, the pilots weren't enough Mentally Stabile, noone was. With this in mind they started working with a Biolab, and the result:

MechOrg
STR: 60
CON: 35
INT: 35
DEX: 100
PSI: 70

This class is especially designed to be a Mechwarrior, but can be useful in other areas too (you tell me).

To operate the Mechs the char would need:
DEX: Main stat
Vehicle Use: Main skill
Mental Steadiness: To not go crazy, and to better control the Mech
Heavy Combat: To use the weaponry built into the Mech
Tech Combat: To cap weapons (not sure about this one)

Recon Mech:
(for those of you that has read Starship Troopers (they weren't in the film))
DEX: 95
VHC: 115
MST: 85
H-C: 80
T-C: 50
This is a Mech used for recon missions. Equiped with Jump-tech and two (linked) Ryker Lasercannons. The pilot can jump up a couple of hundred Meters high, and on the way down he blasts away with the cannons. When the jumpers aren't used for jumping they can be used for high speed running on the ground.

Heavy Combat Mech (City Mercs only) :
DEX: 105
VHC: 100
MST: 115
H-C: 115
T-C: 80
This Mech is capable of taking out any opposition it meats.
Armed with:
Enhanced Gatlin Cannon (http://nc.synergyxr.net/list.php?cat=weapons&subcat=heavy#235) x2 (linked)
Advanced Anti Vehicle Rocket Launcher (http://nc.synergyxr.net/list.php?cat=weapons&subcat=heavy#208)
Advanced Anti Air Rocket Launcher (http://nc.synergyxr.net/list.php?cat=weapons&subcat=heavy#208)
Equiped with a cabinet like ammo loader (hackable when downed).

Light Combat Mech:
DEX: 50
VHC: 85
MST: 55
H-C: 70
A light version of Combat Mech. Armed with:
Unlabeled Gatlin Cannon (http://nc.synergyxr.net/list.php?cat=weapons&subcat=heavy#218)
Grenade Launcher
Equiped with a cabinet like ammo loader (hackable when downed).

All the different weapons onboard the Mechs are selectable like a normal weapon (ie QB-hotkeys). Linked weapons work as one weapon, and thusly use double the amount of ammo.

Is this a viable idéa? Any numbers are guesstibles as I ain't that into all the numbercrunching. All H-C recs are lower then unmeched versions, i figured that is because the mech is helping out in the handling of them. If you don't like the new class, it could be a viable SPY-thingy by substituting MST with WPW (same reasoning behind). What else would this new class be doing if not Mechpiloting?

canuma100
04-11-05, 21:41
i realy dont understand what u mean o_O

Hellmag
04-11-05, 21:44
i realy dont understand what u mean o_O

Witch part?
The MechOrg is the new Class (bioengineered to pilot Mechs).

FlashFF
05-11-05, 03:51
Unfortunately there would be nothing to stop someone using the mech class as a rifle/pistol user with blessed buffs, thus maing it overpowered. PSI cannot be made higher alongside another mainstream stat (Dex or Str).

Its already a pain in the ass that PEs can stealth, use high level spy weps, AND damage boost / shelter with no drugs.

sultana
05-11-05, 09:22
Its already a pain in the ass that PEs can stealth, use high level spy weps, AND damage boost / shelter with no drugs.
If your doing all that, I'm fairly sure you'll be druging.

Though I do agree that pes shouldn't be able to use some of the high level weapons. Though changing it so that can't is rough, as spies require the "lowish" dex req on the high end weapons aswell.

Maybe add a high level int requirement to any rifles or pistols above tl 100 or something. Maybe 105, whatever works.

FlashFF
05-11-05, 15:43
If your doing all that, I'm fairly sure you'll be druging.

PEs can naturally use shelter and dmg boost.
Stealth is a profession item.
A PE can use a Slasher (113 Dex) with no drugs if you usethe correct setup AFAIK.

Bozz-Von Mel
05-11-05, 17:10
INT 100
STR 100
CON 100
DEX 100
PSI 100

How about a lottery to let one person in each faction have a "faction hero"?

Skusty
05-11-05, 18:05
INT 100
STR 100
CON 100
DEX 100
PSI 100

How about a lottery to let one person in each faction have a "faction hero"?
What do you mean with im overpowerd *runs holyheal and draws cursedsoul* what?

Fero
05-11-05, 19:06
Neocron world needs to be changed slightly .... some zones on map should be only accessed on vehicle thus protected from environment and hazards.
Example ... Jankins lab ... swamps are too toxic and poisonous to be reached on foot. There for attackers will need to come on vehicles and mechs. op will have simple antivehicular defences and some sort of docking stations like an air lock that is accessible after first hack.
rest of fight happends inside of an op ... with or without mechs help. Things like rhinos and big transports are docked.
The main idea behind mechs is access and survive @ places where apu/ppu team will never survive. Basic exosuits are fragile but still viable and better against any mobs, slow but hardy :). Resists depend on model of suit.Con of pilot totaly ignored ... think of (rhino armor values)/2 or 3. The top models are good in op fights and should be able to take down apu with ppu support.(after apu drops i would not give a crap about ppu ... soulclusters are ******** and weak :P). Most of weapons need to be energy based except rocket mounts that you will need ammo for. Slow rate of fire but infinite payload. Spy is main character that will drive any of mechs. PEs are restricted to lower models since of Dex and INT restriction. HC and TC reqs are quite high so that people cannot multi class on this support character, so no druggies or rifle/pistol spys that can drive these. repairs are done inside vehicle except it takes twice the time of normal rhino repair and pilot must have nanites on him to commence repairs. ( now u know where most of strenght goes on spy or PE ... ammo and MEdKits for lovely bot you driving).
I always wonder why we dont have some standard hazards in any areas .... any character can travel from doy to nc or mb butt naked. In apocalyptic world like Neocron its just plain stupid. All vehicles are under used and overpriced plus freaking buggy to add to that.

sultana
06-11-05, 00:51
A PE can use a Slasher (113 Dex) with no drugs if you usethe correct setup AFAIK.
Not if you want anything that looks remotely like a setup though.

It's like saying spies can PvP without drugs.

QuakCow
06-11-05, 01:09
hehe, i dont actually do so bad 1 on 1 in pvp...i just cant aim worth a damn

i dont think we need so much new classes as new weapon types...say a heavy pistol that requires str, hc, and pc

[TgR]KILLER
06-11-05, 01:18
Not if you want anything that looks remotely like a setup though.

It's like saying spies can PvP without drugs.

80 base dex.. sa+6 backbone+5 sf+5 and 2 other +5 imps = a total of 106 dex.. + PA yea would get to slasher level.. but imho its a fucked setup imp wise so yea you need no drugs to use the gun but you need drugs to be of any use :p no ppr no moveon you gonna miss alot of resists. and i doubt you'll have alot of agil because of the recs pc/tc

unreal
06-11-05, 01:23
some zones on map should be only accessed on vehicle thus protected from environment and hazards

Would never happen. You can crash and be removed from your vehicle while zoning, or you could just log off inside the sector and return without your vehicle. So you'd be pretty much shagged either way. You'd need someone to go rescue you or you'd have to kill yourself and then go back there and grab your belt after waiting for SI and someone to go poke you.

Fero
06-11-05, 19:03
That is just a minor problems ... with zone bugs and frequent crashes any improvement will be questionable.
Loss of belt and poke i can survive :) ... geez ... if you are pilot character u would not need any rares or mc5 chips unless reqs on mechs are higher then dex/int 110. Even if have that on your spy/pe while crashing i see no reason to panic it is just a few replaceable items in game.
Most you can lose is some repair nanites and ammo you bought.
Game will be more interesting that way .. i want to see more content and by far better refined/interesting content. I am bored in game as it is .. woc is just a fable :P.

jj dynomite
14-11-05, 16:32
A Post from Val Miles...

He still can't post on the forums himself

Saw your post on a new class.
Starting messing about with Neoskiller.

Came up with The Elephant. INT 100, STR 20, CON 100, DEX 50, PSI 30. As tough as a PE with self-buffs and heals, but can't use any decent weapons in the "real world" of Neocron. A different story in HackNet, where he becomes something awesome.

Not come up with anything else interesting so far. Tried a PSI Eye, but it was just a PPU with rifle/pistols.

Still can't post in the main forums