View Full Version : Neocronicle

CMaster
01-11-05, 14:36
July 2005 (39)
August 2005 (5)
September 2005 (4)
October 2005 (1)
(http://www.neocronicle.com)

Guess we are heading towards 0 articles in Novemeber...

Riddle
01-11-05, 15:07
Yeah :mad: I been watching this and it's looseing momentum like all other things round here.

Theme weeks - Gone
Player communtity liason idea? - Dead
Neocronicle - As you said looking grim
Synergyxr - FN do you really care anymore?

Worrying trend now even the community is lagging

Nidhogg
01-11-05, 16:34
Theme weeks were officially put on hold, they didn't just fade away. Once the Evol 2.1 is out of the way I'm going to push to get them going again.

N

Riddle
01-11-05, 17:02
Theme weeks were officially put on hold, they didn't just fade away. Once the Evol 2.1 is out of the way I'm going to push to get them going again.

N

Well thats good to hear NID as the drone one was in the end mostly successful, and future ones concentrating on what the community feel needs improving would be great.
As the community are who ultimately play this :angel: and from doing so generally know what needs the work even if they argue as to priority :rolleyes:

again thx for thankyou for the reply, good to see you back again ;)

Brammers
01-11-05, 17:12
FN posted here about the SXR website -http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=129006 Hosting your own server does cost his time and money. It's been suggested that the THN host the resource site, whether it's technically/legally possible is another matter, but this is going off topic.

Has anyone checked the VoTR website for some stories? There are a few there - http://votr.de.vu/

Crest
01-11-05, 17:14

N
Mebbe its just me, but theme week was described as possible a few weeks of focus on 1 specific item, which takes priority.

We had 2 theme topics in a year, drones lasted 2-3 months, and yes great improvement. Then hacknet, and it took a back seat to various things, like Asia release and who knows what else.
Theme week is dead, and should be re named theme half year or year.

What heppned with the player shops, or the item tracking - I asked this one and yet got an answer. Is item tracking in, and is it working ?

I understand EV0 2.1 is a directional change, but was that not what BDOY was ? I understand that Eco will potentially bring in new clients, but was that not the idea behind BDOY, it would be nice if more care and attention be given to the current player base, sorting out current issues, as a couple of plyer increasing ideas have not worked, and TBH current populations are dying.

There have been some great ideas, Neocronicle, the resistance one, theme week, all great ideas.

lets say we tackled 10 themes in the last year.
Drones, Hacknet, Soul Light, PPU - thingy , Vehicles (I believe air vehicles need some TLC) and so forth, and also spend the last year work on mem leaks (Granted this has been done, but still plenty there). Then NC would be stable, and when you advertise no more elves, and show the new engine, people will play long enough to enjoy.

Nidhogg
01-11-05, 17:53
Please stay on topic. If you wish to discuss theme weeks then start another thread. My comment above was meant only to correct a misunderstanding, not derail the thread.

N

-FN-
01-11-05, 19:13
SynergyXR - FN do you really care anymore?
In fact, I do :P I blew $40 in gas, drove 9 hours to datacenter and back, fixed my webserver, and when nc.syn was last down, that was a DNS update to point it to the new machine.

Then a week later the RAM fried. That was two weeks ago. I don't have the time or money to go out and repair the box AGAIN so soon. I've been working on moving it again, but it takes time.

I'm just getting tired of trying to keep up with hardware issues.

CMaster
01-11-05, 19:17
I'm aware that VotR has had a few more articles of late, but its still hardly a hive of activity.

Riddle
01-11-05, 21:25
In fact, I do :P I blew $40 in gas, drove 9 hours to datacenter and back, fixed my webserver, and when nc.syn was last down, that was a DNS update to point it to the new machine.

Then a week later the RAM fried. That was two weeks ago. I don't have the time or money to go out and repair the box AGAIN so soon. I've been working on moving it again, but it takes time.

I'm just getting tired of trying to keep up with hardware issues.

Ok Don't get me wrong i never doubted your dedication

Just seen you around other forums ;) and thought maybe you love for NC is waining :(

I love the SXR site the best site for info by FAR :angel: be a shame to lose all that hard work.

-FN-
02-11-05, 04:53
http://nc.synergyxr.net/

It's back.

vashtyphoon78
02-11-05, 06:26
<3 Fn :)

SnowCrash
02-11-05, 10:18
Expect a big boost of the Neocronicle and VotR press coverage with Evol 2.1.
The Content Team is currently heavily busy with preparing the new content that will hit the servers together with the other feature updates Holger has anounced in the planfile.

Riddle
02-11-05, 11:01
Great FN thanks :D :D

And good to hear about new content coming soon i hope ;)