PDA

View Full Version : comeback month... mmm

ZoVoS
01-11-05, 08:20
how much do u think it would cost kk to give offer a month free to every player old and new... i remember sumbody saying suming a while ago and it put a though into my head and i was wondering what ya all thought the cost would be

spam a few emails like to every game email adress registered to any non banned accounts that as i duno, a christmass prezzie they are giving one month to all existing and returning customers

peoples main complaint are populations sparcity. well if everybody could return one month maby we could hold on to a few members ^_^ and drag the old croud back in kicking n screaming. make the offer only open to people who owned a nc1 acount or are paying for an acount now (stop a influx of beta hopper kind of people who want a free game) so no new ppl can bleed kk of there money =]

so i leave it up to u. u do the math, work out how many ppl u would estimate kk would have to give the month to. then multiply it by the cost of the month (wich is probably less than the 6th monthly month costs)

Vid Gamer
01-11-05, 11:04
I would come back. :)

Crest
01-11-05, 11:09
So, not only do they not get their current subs, but they wont get new subs either.

They already provide a 10 day free trial. Although if the player base was big enough, finanicialy i may work to increase numbers. I dont think 350 players online at peak times is a lot , and I get the impression KK need the monthly subs as each month goes from hand to mouth. (This is just my opinion, KK may not be making a loss(yet), but they aren't make much of a profit either)

Mechanicus
01-11-05, 11:12
they shouldnt do that, they should just send out emails saying 'every closed account that wasnt banned will be activated for 2 weeks starting from date X, rather than a free month for all

UO has run similar promotions which have been successful

Riddle
01-11-05, 11:19
they shouldnt do that, they should just send out emails saying 'every closed account that wasnt banned will be activated for 2 weeks starting from date X, rather than a free month for all

I like this idea and in fact a company i worked for offered a similar deal. Basically a FREE pass for 2 weeks with an expiry date.

Your idea of starting it from x date is great because they will all need to come back at the same time :)

Just a simple E-mail with a link to the download site, there account login, and basic info with enough time to download and install patches before the start date

ZoVoS
01-11-05, 12:12

yes... i would have sujested this but see im a psi monk *nods* i can seeeee into the future

-=kk=-
hey all acounts that are unactive get a free 2 weeks to come back n see how were getting along

-=Ex gamers=-
ROCK ON

-=paying comunity=-
WTF HOW COME THEY GET A FREE 2 WEEKS... WHY DONT WE... WE PAY FOR THIS GAME WE SUPORT KK AND THEY DECIDE TO GIVE PPL WHO HAVE LEFT AND ARE NOLONGER PLAYING FREE TIME WHILE WE STICK WITH IT AND WE GET NOTHING

dont u think that would be the straw that broke many of our gamers backs?

EDIT
p.s. ye i was meaning for it to be all on the same month, say all of january free to log on

Xian
01-11-05, 12:44
Not going to get many people coming back for a free month if you ask for payment details.

ZoVoS
01-11-05, 12:57
Not going to get many people coming back for a free month if you ask for payment details.

ah... touche

Mechanicus
01-11-05, 13:04
yes... i would have sujested this but see im a psi monk *nods* i can seeeee into the future

-=kk=-
hey all acounts that are unactive get a free 2 weeks to come back n see how were getting along

-=Ex gamers=-
ROCK ON

-=paying comunity=-
WTF HOW COME THEY GET A FREE 2 WEEKS... WHY DONT WE... WE PAY FOR THIS GAME WE SUPORT KK AND THEY DECIDE TO GIVE PPL WHO HAVE LEFT AND ARE NOLONGER PLAYING FREE TIME WHILE WE STICK WITH IT AND WE GET NOTHING

dont u think that would be the straw that broke many of our gamers backs?

nah wont happen, all the times its happened in UO the paying players were happy to see higher populations and old faces back, in neocron i think they would be even happier

i dunno how hard this would be to execute but it seems like theres no downside, old players come back, current players have more fun, kk gets more subscriptions and loses no revenue, everyone wins

maybe kk should run a scheme like this on the release of nc2.1 to allow old players to try it out and see how much the games developed, i'll bet they'll get a lot of resubscribers if 2.1 is any good, and their GUARENTEED to have high populations for the 2 weeks or so it runs, due to bored people with nothing to do being handed something to do for free

kk would have to make sure its easy to get hold of the client and that all anyone needed to do was enter their details and log in, and a good password retrieval method, most ex nc players would be more than happy to play again but not is it takes them best part of a week to get set up for it

ZoVoS
01-11-05, 13:06
nah wont happen, all the times its happened in UO the paying players were happy to see higher populations and old faces back, in neocron i think they would be even happier

... the people of neocron want to complain about anything they can... they will complain truuuuuuuuust me :lol:

if ppl tend to disagree with me ill host a CLOSED poll :angel: so nobody has to show there name about who would n woudlnt be complain about it

Mechanicus
01-11-05, 13:11
you ever seen the uo community?

WHINIEST.COMMUNITY.EVER.
OSI basically conditioned them into it by giving them 5 strait years of stuff to whine about (creating an amazing game then gradually ruining it more and more)

CMaster
01-11-05, 14:52
I'd whinge if I was still paying. Suggestion - give paying customers at the time, something special in game. A one of-a-kind item, for something. I'm sure there are better things, but you get the idea.

Riddle
01-11-05, 15:03
People can currently get a 10 day FREE trial, Current players don't moan nibs are getting free time do they?

So whats the difference with 14 day free trial>? NONE, like 4 days who gives a shit.
4 days extra free time? well 30 days = £7.50 ish so 4 days = £1.

I would be willing to pay the £1 extra to see player numbers boost tbh :angel:

vashtyphoon78
01-11-05, 15:08
tbh 7/8s of the current comunity wouldnt care if people got a free 2 weeks to come back if we got better pops. if they would there just retarded tbh and need to be banned anyways :lol:

Mechanicus
01-11-05, 16:10
I'd whinge if I was still paying. Suggestion - give paying customers at the time, something special in game. A one of-a-kind item, for something. I'm sure there are better things, but you get the idea.

thats a pretty dumb statement

Ryen
01-11-05, 16:56
If I found out that all of the previous players got two free weeks of game time, I wouldn't be pissed. I would probably applaud KK for taking such measures to increase population.

Of course, all previous players SHOULD include KK sending an e-mail out to beta 4 neocron residents, since the populations were sky high then and the chances they return would be good since the game has drastically improved.

sanityislost
01-11-05, 17:44
OffT: it already is comeback month, im back lol :D

OnT: If kk did decide to do this, it shouldnt be until the NC2.1 patch is out
good idea tho

SiL ..:..

Riddle
01-11-05, 17:51
I think this is a very valid idea that should be considered as a genuine marketing strategy by KK.

They have the ability to "E-mail shot" all x subcscribers from a database giving KK a captive audience and yes what better time to do it but with the launch of Evo 2.1. What ever happened to Evo 2.0? :D

Dade Murphey
01-11-05, 17:57
The only problem I see with any of this is you have to pay for NC2 if you didn't previously play until that point...the 2 weeks free is a great though

The upside I can see for those that have to pay for the client is that they'd get a total of 6 weeks free before they had to pay sub fees

ZoVoS
01-11-05, 18:00
THATS IT

instead of releseing evo 2.1 gradualy. relse the patches but dont impliment them and then have a single patch implimenting 2.1 evo and then give the people 2 weeks/1month free gaming (for the first 2weeks/1month that the evo 2.1 is out)

basicaly remove restictions on accouns (re credit every existing account and canseled or as teh comunity seems not to mind acording to this thread only all inactive accounts with 2 free weeks) to give the game a.. once over so to speak

-=EDIT=-
ALSO :angel: IF... IF they could coincide it with a relese of paypal paymen.. then ohhhh we would have so many ppl coming back we wouldnt know what to do with em all

SorkZmok
01-11-05, 18:24

5 stars

Androth
02-11-05, 03:24
Seems like alot of old players are coming back lately regardless. I came back recently after a a break that started just prior to the release of DoY. I've ran into at least a dozen old players in that time that have come back in the last week. A good portion of those beta people. Given the fact that I play in non peak times I'd say thats a good sign. On topic: I think free time is a good idea, cause frankly there nothing to lose, if they weren't interested already.

ZoVoS
02-11-05, 04:25
there coming back but if we arange them all to come back AT THE SAME TIME. when they try it they wont have population to complain with, n tbh crons only problem is population, we have all played with bugs and we all accept them its just the way it is.

Transformer
02-11-05, 06:41
i'd play for the month and if things went well i'd come back...i like the idea.

Mr_Snow
02-11-05, 13:17
Balance ppus and Ill come back without any free crap and I know alot of other people would aswell.