PDA

View Full Version : question on a server merge

ZoVoS
01-11-05, 08:01
now i know it will never happen but thats not what im asking

as nids replyd in a thread... which we should all know by now... nc runs on many many servers interlinked much like my shared rendering at home :angel: ...

well since were running seperate worlds n such if they ever were linked could all the computers used to host be linked up together to provide faster more stable and larger capacity worlds? or currently are all the servers hardprogramed into there roles??? ie adding more power isnt a option because the programing never took that into acount in the early stages

because suerly 1 server with 38 computers powering it would be better than a few computers doing the same job over n over. the only problem i could invisage is (shock horror) overcrouding ov lvling spaces meaning that kk would actualy have to expand the map :D

i am ASUMING and only AUSMTION that the massive lag expiriancesd when item tracking was turned on was due to the mass of extra data needed to be tracked???

well basicaly i just wanted to know if the game was programed to be felxable about what it was run on =] (which should be taken for granted but it isnt always... much less hassel to open new servers than expand current ones :S)

james_finn
01-11-05, 12:11
I would guess that its not possible, I think the Techtonic engine isnt powerful enough to cope with expanding the zones. Plus it would require major recoding, lets just see if *hopefully* in the future KK decide to use a new engine ;)