PDA

View Full Version : Neptune - The helpfull server

Crest
31-10-05, 11:03
Ok so besides no being able to trade, cause no one (Especially on Anti Side) are prepared to trade, or have symp high enough ........

I ask on help, and faction (once each) ....
Me : Can anyone help me with the Crahn epic - Mission 4

I get 2 DM's
NOB : I know
Nice Guy : I know
Nice Guy : German ?

I send 2 DM's
Me : Do you know where to find XXXX for crahn mission 4 - it says he should be in Oz 4

NOB : Welcome to Neocron you F****ing ************, I will kill you you noob
Nice Guy : Zone from Mutant pool, go straight ..........

So I follow nice guys advise (thanks). I get to the guy, and guess who is there. Its Nob - a LE PE Crahn master, and he is killing the guy I need.

At this point I thought, what would I have felt if I was new and trying to get to grips with the game, and found out about the epic .

I also got no more help from then onwards as I assume the pops were dead. Everytime I had a question, I would go Terra and ask there. i always got a response and so quickly toooo.

ajcuk2
31-10-05, 11:13
That sounds about right - I've already abandoned the damned place. Its only upside is the, er, um. No, it sux. I dont like PvP other than ops as its is, so the fact that theres also no useable population and a lot of hostility means im staying put on terra

QuakCow
31-10-05, 11:16
well, when i play neptune i always answer queston...but i havent logged that character in a while. but im somewhat glad some of the asses went to neptune

though if a new player started this game in neptune, thats just asking for trouble :(

Neally
31-10-05, 11:26
Well i only play on Neptune and i answer every questions ppl have in the "help" channel, tbh, i went to Terra once nowadays and i saw some "bad players" if i can call them like that...There are players like that everywhere, also, Neptune needs a change, you need to do TOO MUCH things on that server for what it's meant to be (PvP ?)

numb
31-10-05, 11:29
I have two accounts on there. I've been doing my best to make sure all the remaining players at least have an okay time playing if I can - afterall, some of them are completely new to the game. I dont have a problem logging into my tradeskill hybrid to ress/const when people need it or my poker/barter. Too much downtime for players on that server will kill it, there's nothing worse than waiting 1hr for a poker.

Unfortunately there is no-one there to PvP, I feel a bit let down by KK, I've put a lot of my time into setting up my chars on neptune and it all appears to be for nothing when there is maybe 1 other player out of the 20 online that has their LE out. I'm on the verge of leaving NC for a bit now.

Crest
31-10-05, 12:00
I got to the stage where, with friends, we have setup our own internal system, We all got chars in different factions, We all got 2 accounts, and got access to all FSM on pro side, and crahn .

Everynight I ask on trade for licenses for Anti - inclusing TS - Which is needed for the SRI. It is so bad now, that with a APU PPU, I have a MC5 riggers which is tons of work, before I have a SRI. The reason - Get MC5 we depend on our internal self controlled skills, to get SRI, We need a TS - One of us will kill off a char and get one made up.

Also My PE (Which I aint played much) needs a PA - and since I never bought 1, a PA 4 will be good, and again I am 1 part short of his SA, yet he can't get something you need to buy, but can get something that takes hours of hunting ? how does that work.

Riddle
31-10-05, 13:48
We all knew the griefers, gankers, F6 rules my arse and general idiots would go to Neptune,
and most the roleplayers and guys who play to some sort of rules I.E. No ALLIED ganking would stay on Terra.

Not surprised with the response on help tbh on Neptune most are so busy boosting their own ego or doing their own thing to give a fuck about a noob or even a question they could answer easily.

I have always found help channel on Terra for the most part relevant ;) for every question you will always get some smart ass response but equally you get 2-3 correct responses. In fact I always have it on in order to help people when i'm not at OP wars.

I think a noobs experience in the first few days really dictates whether they stay or not and that all depends on who they talk too probably!

Noob 1

>local noob - Hi can anyone tell me how to boost my skills?
>local Irleet - Yeah www.Ineedskillz.com
>local noob - ?
>local Irleet - SEX
>local noob - sex? can you help me?
>local Irleet - u fuckin nib use help channel
>local noob - Help channel?
>local Irleet - SEX

Noob 2

>local Mrhelpful - Sure open Skills Bar (F5) this lists your skills now ........
>local noob - Wow you have been a real help ty
>local Mrhelpful - np listen i got some noob weapons if you come to the gogo with me.
>local noob - gogo?
>local Mrhelpful - yeah a Gogaurdian is.......
>local noob - Thanks so much for those weapons!!!! GREAT!
>local Mrhelpful - np come i'll show you where to start levelling then its all yours! use Help channel if you get stuck, Press F1 select custom.......

Who Stays???? Noob 1 or Noob 2?

Also My PE (Which I aint played much) needs a PA - and since I never bought 1, a PA 4 will be good, and again I am 1 part short of his SA, yet he can't get something you need to buy, but can get something that takes hours of hunting ? how does that work.

Because of the floored distribution system, player shops where meant to fill the gap i think. However these don't exist so bring on the spamming trade for small FSM items people can't be arsed to get for you :(

Cor
31-10-05, 13:49
Can't remmeber but can't you get the PE pa's from one of the smugglers in TH or is it the PP lab Entance in Plz2.

Kozmos
31-10-05, 13:58
Can't remmeber but can't you get the PE pa's from one of the smugglers in TH or is it the PP lab Entance in Plz2.

yeh PE PA is in plaza 2, but only level 1 and 2 for rifle/pistol

zii
31-10-05, 14:12
I've been levelling with some German peeps on Neptune and am having a good time. Not much hope for PVP though, but one tank did run around P2 shooting until people turned up. Regrettfully, I had to log because of my other half insisting I stop playing :(

A few allied killers around, but I've had as many problems on Neptune as I have had on Terra with arsehat. I'm not having a bad time there, though. I'm going carry on playing there and hope that the pop., increases for a good reason.

Otherwise, I'm trying to be MrHelpful. Would be nice to have some people to be mrHelpful with.

Riddle
31-10-05, 14:22
Otherwise, I'm trying to be MrHelpful. Would be nice to have some people to be mrHelpful with.

Good to hear! hell it only takes a minute or two to give advice :D

zii
01-11-05, 01:04
Athough I did gun down some hopefuls in the Outzone today. They were trespassing.

FlashFF
01-11-05, 06:14
I gave neptune a quick test and found it to be incredibly useless.
Multiple reasons for this:

LEs still exist:
Completely anti-PVP
Most people have LEs in which completely ruin the PVP atmosphere.
These should Exoplode out of peoples heads once they hit rank */45 ish

Safzones dont exist:
NOONE should be forced to trade an MC5 chip in full sight of PKs.
Tech haven should be a dedicated safezone, the only safezone and should be used fro traders.

Quickbelts dont need hacking:
Due to the fact that quickbelts are openable by any idiot, As soon as you remove your LE, you are open to be attacked by everyone. Including your own faction.
Whos going to care that they have red SL and low symp cos they just barreled a group of their own faction, and recieved multiple rares in the process.
The fix suggested below would help

SL Doesn’t matter:
Closely linked with the above cause of ally killing.
SL doesn’t matter. Sure if you drop below -16 copbots will kill you. This would matter if everyone went to NC. In DoY there is NOTHING to prevent you from having low SL, and even if their was, it doesn’t matter. A few missions later and its gone.
SL loss should be a LOT more difficult to remove, and punishment for killing allies should be massive.
Taking it to the extreme, if 1 ally kill caused -18 SL and this took 20 missions per SL point, and most places were riddled with angry npcs, people would be put off from ally killing.

So, there’s my thoughts on Craptune - Feel free to comment/flame cos id like to know what u think/couldn’t give a crap.

Toilet-Duck
01-11-05, 06:31
Noob 1

>local Irleet - Yeah www.Ineedskillz.com
>local noob - ?
>local Irleet - SEX
>local noob - sex? can you help me?
>local Irleet - u fuckin nib use help channel
>local noob - Help channel?
>local Irleet - SEX

LOL that made me laugh out loud :lol:

TBH neocron needs to improve the game for n00bs, I mean for example when ppl start it says that when they die their backpack will be dropped and must retrieve it to recover their stuff...

Also there is a GR button for recover backpack...

Dont they ever update this kinda stuff? o_O

There should be an "In Game" tutorial when someone starts the game and creates a char for the first time for example in Eve or WOW that goes through step by step on how to get started and what you need to do to level up, not just some lame email that quickly tells you what your skills are.

New people are the most important ppl in Neocron to keep the game alive, I think ppl forget that sometimes.

Crest
01-11-05, 10:44
In my first week on Saturn I ran into Elle. She had the patience to help me. I remember running around with a oneo those noob knives and putting points into barter for my HC Tank.

She led me into joining Templars (She was John Parkers No 2). Then we broke off and Created XTC .....

Although I had friends in game, and I introduced new firends too. If it was not for the value, people like Elle added, and ike wise I added for friend experience, I imagine NC would be about 10 people down (Or at least 10 accounts down).

I gave up on a guy once, a new guy, who chose a PPU as his new character and could not level. After 2 or 3 hours of trying to help I gave up.

Personally - I think - As a first Character as a total noob - tank or PE.

Riddle
01-11-05, 11:13
LOL that made me laugh out loud :lol:

New people are the most important ppl in Neocron to keep the game alive, I think ppl forget that sometimes.

Glad that tickled you m8 but your dam right, Noobs do need more in game help to retain them. Get them past the fatals , synchs etc in order to see the real game.

I met two chars in passing when i first started this game.
One showed me the sewers helped me out with advice on eating meat for health etc. Gave me some meds and a new Stiletto.

The other gave me a shitload of noob guns to use when I was levelling! Then showed me to IND A (NC1) levelling on Launchers! Hell I had been killing Rats all week I didn't even know they existed!! I was in awe when I saw the hurlers :D and a bit jealous of his lightsaber! later to find out it was a DG :)

Your first experience's in this game are key to your enjoyment and longevity of the game in your mind.

Start with a bad experience coupled with a few fatals and you throw it on the shelf never to be played again :mad:

Start with a Good experience and you will still be here like us :D

FlashFF
01-11-05, 17:57
Dont they ever update this kinda stuff? o_O

LOL
Go in game
Press F5
Go to Psi Skill
Click the ? in the top right
Scrolldown to the point where it talks about Exotic Psi Use...

No, I don't think they do.