PDA

View Full Version : Blast from the past [old chatlogs]

retr0n
26-10-05, 13:42
A small blast from the past. Found some old IRC chatlogs, from around 2000 I believe,
on the neoTerm site. I know this stuff holds no ground today, but it's an interesting
read nonetheless. Enjoy.

I have quoted a few stuff I found interesting :)

Chat One.
http://www.rpgplanet.com/neocron/features/ircchat.asp

AlgoX: Is there anyway we can have advertising for player owned stores?
Schwiezer: We are currently considering different models to let players advertise their shops.

-- Still considering I guess... :p

Pixie: Will nasle filters drop the damage of gas or will they eliminate the damage?
Schwiezer: There are forms of protection against the pollution. The more and the better protection you have, the deeper you can go into the wastelands.

-- I miss the damage you got from being in the wastes.

Pixie: What will the in game games be like? =] *pixie loves space invaders!*
Schwiezer: We did not include any ingame games so far, but they will be like the old 8 bit classics.

-- This would rock while lomming :)

AlgoX: Can we hack personal (in game personal) info about a character?
Schwiezer: Yeah, there are several Spy tools you can use to scan ones personality and stuff... but there are also jammers for these devices.

-- Mhm...

Democritus: The weather? Rain/no rain or more? Will we see snow and maybe thunderstorms?
Schwiezer: Yeah, there will be different weather situations fading into each other and decreasing its heaviness.

-- I want snow >_<

Chat Two.
http://www.rpgplanet.com/neocron/features/ircchat2.asp

Merlyn: Will PsiMonks be able to cloak others and if so is it easier for them to cloak themselves than to cloak others?
Schwiezer: It's not planned to let PsiMonks cloak other people. But it sounds like a nice feature ;) Anyhow, there'll be some tech devices that allow non-monks to cloak themselves.

-- I sure hope not :p

Mauler: What kind of equipment/implants will be in the game for surveillance purposes?
Schwiezer: Mainly drones. Cameras can be hacked aswell.

-- Whatever happend to op-cam thingy...

VirFerox: Are the sewer systems going to be a place where people can hide or run a clan?
Schwiezer: You'll love the sewers. They have a very unique look and are really big. Big enough to hide for a long time ;) You WILL get lost in them. Promise.

-- To bad they are underused (if that's even a word).

TallTim: Will there be user controlled "web-sites" within the game?
Codi: Not sure yet, but if yes, then only very simple stuff.

-- That would be sooo coool :)

Uncle_Dukey: So you don't know how the store thing is going to work CoDi? If it's not easily accessible no one will want to buy from it obviously.
Codi: We'll have some sort of advertising shields (a terminal) at the building's door, where you can check who's selling interesting stuff in what appartment. You can do PR for your shop at the ingame bulletin boards.

-- Pleeeease...

Riddle
26-10-05, 13:47
Quote:
Uncle_Dukey: So you don't know how the store thing is going to work CoDi? If it's not easily accessible no one will want to buy from it obviously.

Codi: We'll have some sort of advertising shields (a terminal) at the building's door, where you can check who's selling interesting stuff in what appartment. You can do PR for your shop at the ingame bulletin boards.

-- Pleeeease...

Man this makes me sad :(

They where even thinking about this back then....and still thinking about it.......

Tratos
26-10-05, 13:59
heres a visual blast from the past to really get the nostalgic juices flowing.

http://broken-reality.org/misc/neocron/neocron1.htm

Pixie: Will nasle filters drop the damage of gas or will they eliminate the damage?
Schwiezer: There are forms of protection against the pollution. The more and the better protection you have, the deeper you can go into the wastelands.

-sniff- :( Thats one of the things i thought was REALLY cool about NC which got me to play it.

BRING BACK WASTE DAMAGE!

EDIT:
http://broken-reality.org/misc/neocron/neocron1images/SHOT0275.BMP.jpg

They may have looked a bit odd but they added atmosphere :(

Did you know the word g h e y was censored, lol

Ryen
26-10-05, 14:41
Alot of these ideas seem rather easy to implement, although I can tell KK has a hard enough time maintaining the game as it is.

KK - You would be surprised how stupid shit like this adds to the game immensley.

zii
26-10-05, 16:56
I wish wasteland damage was there. It really would make it interesting out there. Just a mild xray hit once every 5 seconds for all runners in the zone.

MuggleMind
26-10-05, 18:25
What would be fun is seeing the old movie that Gamestar released long ago. Take a look here for a few screenshots from it: http://www.rpgplanet.com/neocron/movieshots1.asp

Fileplanet apparently still have it for downloading, but you have to be a member to get it unfortunately.

Tratos
26-10-05, 18:46
From that site "A couple of NPCs wandering about."

-sigh- :(

Also if somone can get hold of that video i'll gladly host it on broken-reality.

MuggleMind
26-10-05, 19:04
Something I wondered about was the "Screenshot of the pistol" - note the word "the".. not "a" - was there only one pistol then?

Crest
28-10-05, 16:43
Its not as much as chat log but an official statement, do you remember

"OH SHIT!!!" expression on faces (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=113418)

It would be an iteresting excercise, to gather all the official little notes and ideas from KK, put them in a thread and look at what was spoken about and what has happened .... Also waht was never spoken about ... and introduces ... . LIke Doy tunnels ..... or the way hacknet is compared to how it was explained ....

I remeber having visions, of text (dos like) based hacknet where you could hire a hacker to remotely open a door .... and stuff like that

Riddle
28-10-05, 17:17
Check out the screenie here http://neocron.jafc.de/showpost.php?p=1892086&postcount=5 i miss the old RPOS :( even from the beta days

Crest
28-10-05, 17:20
Check out the screenie here http://neocron.jafc.de/showpost.php?p=1892086&postcount=5 i miss the old RPOS :( even from the beta days
It seemed so clean and neat ...... hmmm .... no mods allowed, pitty

Ryen
29-10-05, 02:30
Its not as much as chat log but an official statement, do you remember

This was one of the few things that really made me notice KK was actually starting to try. Actually, after this post they really got their act together.

Toxen
29-10-05, 13:21
Just a quick question to satisfy a point, how many of you would be willing to give a small portion of your time to help KK code stuff into the game and bug test properly?

Ryen
29-10-05, 17:03
Just a quick question to satisfy a point, how many of you would be willing to give a small portion of your time to help KK code stuff into the game and bug test properly?

Bug test? Isn't there already a beta testing server? Or did they take that down?

However, would *I* be willing to code to help KK? Only If I got paid. There's no way in fuck I would be willing to pay 15$ a month to code for a game. That's just idiotic.

QuakCow
29-10-05, 20:58
i would give some time to kk/the game if given the chance, sure

aquacoder
31-10-05, 12:00

Bug test? Isn't there already a beta testing server? Or did they take that down?

However, would *I* be willing to code to help KK? Only If I got paid. There's no way in fuck I would be willing to pay 15$ a month to code for a game. That's just idiotic.

We all are beta testers. We don't need a special server for that, coz all 4 servers are just for that purpose here ;) In days of NC2 Beta me and my buddies post many bug reports with big and tiny problems. Like fliped planes so you could look though or floating trees, looting crashes, etc

ALL THESE ERRORS ARE STILL HERE!

Why send bug reports if no one cares....

P.S: I would actually help coding and testing. But i am not that enthusiastic as last year. And i am feeling like making the new nc pause till i can see some progress in development and game state.

ZoVoS
01-11-05, 08:28
Schwiezer

There will be stun spells and guns

now correct me if im wrong

SPELLS

not psi modules SPELLS

see we live in a land of medievil wizards :D bugs was right all along =P