PDA

View Full Version : Neocron Evol. 2.1 Ingame Weapon Shots

Thanatos
25-10-05, 15:29
As requested, here are a few ingame screenshots of the new weapon models.

http://entry.neocron.com/news/3dweapons1.jpg
http://entry.neocron.com/news/3dweapons2.jpg
http://entry.neocron.com/news/3dweapons3.jpg
http://entry.neocron.com/news/3dweapons4.jpg
http://entry.neocron.com/news/3dweapons5.jpg

Ras Klaat
25-10-05, 15:33
not sure about the char models and those gun tbh
edit : guns look good tho and the "grass" :)

Matthew.v.smith
25-10-05, 15:59
They look pretty tasty, especially the Shotgun, although the PE Model using a Rocket Launcher look's weired :P

M.

Brammers
25-10-05, 16:07
What gun is the first screenshot? It looks like a double barreled Silent Hunter.

Skusty
25-10-05, 16:09
Lol! But nice! :D

QuakCow
25-10-05, 16:28
looks like a sniper rifle...well if it is now it looks like it really is a hightech weapon

love the shots :D

Obsidian X
25-10-05, 16:32
Lovely stuff, will there be new sound FX to go with the new weapons too?

netster
25-10-05, 16:36
lol, first rifle looks like a railgun rifle x_X

Riddle
25-10-05, 16:41
Guns look great! odd though so do those barrels in the 4th screenie :D ....

Any news on when we'll get them in game>?

retr0n
25-10-05, 16:43
Is the pistol an automatic pistol or a libby?

QuakCow
25-10-05, 16:44
that looks like the auto pistol, i loved the old one but that looks nice too :)

though on closer examination it may just be libby type smg

Kame
25-10-05, 16:52
i think the spy's weapon is a healing light or a dizzy : its the laser rifle model

BTW thx for the shots

Mystic-Crusader
25-10-05, 17:13
thxs very nice looking. but as said the models don't really match the new guns, and you only show grassland areas? what do the deserts and other areas look like?

Clive tombstone
25-10-05, 18:17
Awsome weapon models my friend! now all you guys gotta do is update the player modles so they dont look so wonky holding awsome weapons :lol:

Dade Murphey
25-10-05, 18:36
new weapon models and terrain look quite cool

Tostino
25-10-05, 20:07
Nice shots. I would love see a patch some time soon though <3.

giga191
25-10-05, 20:28
I want the uzi

edit: oh and the trees are sexy too

Bloodstorm
26-10-05, 02:05
Thats fucking nice, thanks for the pics! :P

Toilet-Duck
26-10-05, 02:20
Very Nice :D , I got a couple of questions regarding evo 2.1 will the vegetation be able to be turned off I really hope it isnt :( .

Any bugs such as the dreaded fatals (memory leaks) be fixed in the evo 2.1 patch?

Any ETA on when its going to be out... Before this year?

Asurmen Spec Op
26-10-05, 02:22
OH GOD!
that UZI is fapable!

vashtyphoon78
26-10-05, 04:58
sex the rifle in the first one...makes me proud to be a rifle spy ^^

@ assman...

And you all wondered what those Bump Bump Bumps in the night where? pff.

numb
26-10-05, 10:35
Any bugs such as the dreaded fatals (memory leaks) be fixed in the evo 2.1 patch?

If they are enhancing the engine, as it says in the plan file, I hope this might be the case (for memory leaks) when they revisit the graphics code. In DX7 I get no mem leaks, DX9 I get mem leak bad, so it appears like it is the graphics engine at fault.

Hell-demon
26-10-05, 12:40
Update the character models because the arms get messed up not only that but some of the guns seem to go through the skin :rolleyes:

Also will desert regions get an update?

Or is it just new trees and grass?

Riddle
26-10-05, 13:23
Very Nice :D , I got a couple of questions regarding evo 2.1 will the vegetation be able to be turned off I really hope it isnt :( .

Any ETA on when its going to be out... Before this year?

Well the official response was 2-3 months back at 31st August so nowish?

besides if it comes out this year Tratos is up for some bashing :p

Today: October 24, 2005

Planfile #4 from 31 August, 2005 states:
"We are aiming to complete this process within the next 2-3 months."

Now count with me....

September:- One
October:- Two!

TWO!

Could KK by any small strech of the imagination be actualy doing what they have infact told us and keep proving with new screenshots and renders of Neocron 2.1 every couple of weeks instead of frequent patches?

You can call me a cock come Mid-December if 2.1 isnt here and alot of people will say we've given enough chances but wait untill deadlines arnt met before we roll out the KK hate wagon.

Tratos
26-10-05, 13:29
Thats if it doesnt come out this year, lol

Looking good KK, now dont let me take the forum equivilent of a good arse kicking and make the deadline :p lol

I think all trees (including shrubs?) are being done so all the palms in the deserts and hopefully the cacti will get re-done.

Riddle
26-10-05, 13:37
Looking good KK, now dont let me take the forum equivilent of a good arse kicking and make the deadline :p lol

:D

I think all trees (including shrubs?) are being done so all the palms in the deserts and hopefully the cati will get re-done.

Could this mean my store bought appy shrubs and trees are gonna be redone :D wicked may have to re-configure my walk in forest.. ;)

Asurmen Spec Op
26-10-05, 14:32
I have a question, Will swirlies remain?

Ryen
26-10-05, 14:33
KK, any word on when this update is coming out? I want to give this game a go agian but not until the graphics see an upgrade.

Not because I favor graphics over gameplay, but this upgrade might bring about a change that keeps me around this time.

Asurmen Spec Op
26-10-05, 14:34
KK, any word on when this update is coming out? I want to give this game a go agian but not until the graphics see an upgrade.

Not because I favor graphics over gameplay, but this upgrade might bring about a change that keeps me around this time.
I belive they orriginally said somewhere near november/december.

Im taking a stab at Christmas ish, witch would, utterly WTF pwn.

Cmon KK, think of the christmas sales :P

Tratos
26-10-05, 14:35
End of Nov -> Mid Dec judging from Planfile 4

Asurmen Spec Op
26-10-05, 14:37
From what I can see, KK is doing pretty good proccess.

Send my kisses to the art boys, This is some really nice stuff!

Please let me see the 9mm pistol soon :)

nobby
26-10-05, 18:57
Hmm...I spose they look ok, I prefered the first pictures we saw...

Kame
26-10-05, 19:12
OK, now the hot ones... show us a CS !!!!

Tratos
26-10-05, 19:18
OK, now the hot ones... show us a CS !!!!

Im also looking forward to the plasma weapons aswell as the new look laser guns :D

Demental
26-10-05, 20:57
guns and vegetation look great, but models look ******** :D

Dribble Joy
26-10-05, 21:00
Im also looking forward to the plasma weapons aswell as the new look laser guns :D
I'm just scared what they are going to do to my precious Judge.... :(.

Riddle
27-10-05, 13:15
I'm just scared what they are going to do to my precious Judge.... :(.

Milky Ren anyone? :lol:

Bugs Gunny
27-10-05, 13:36
Nah, no milky rens, i want them to change all gunmodels to homegirls for just one day.
Everyone beating each other over the head with homegirls and firebreathing poisonmodded homegirls.
Homgirls flying around ops, exploding and one hit killing people.

This should be an official Neocron holliday : "Homegirl day"

commerzgandalf
27-10-05, 13:40
Nah, no milky rens, i want them to change all gunmodels to homegirls for just one day.
Everyone beating each other over the head with homegirls and firebreathing poisonmodded homegirls.
Homgirls flying around ops, exploding and one hit killing people.

This should be an official Neocron holliday : "Homegirl day"

LOL

I LOVE IT

DO IT DO IT DO IT

Kame
27-10-05, 14:54
AGREED !!!! :p

it would be as funny as the day APUs could stealth.

DO IT FOR HALLOWEEN !!!! Itl be MY birthday, GIMME A PRESENT KK !!!

(altough a free month would be nice, ive been broke lately)

LiL T
28-10-05, 17:28
WTS 5 slot ultimated Homegirl with flashlight and blowy up bits

Used 0/120 condition never been repaired :o

/edit but on topic heh =/

I love the pistol, I have lomed to pistols so I'm hoping its the uzi model ^^

vashtyphoon78
28-10-05, 23:49
T ur libby hurts- newb killer in pepper3 :P you kno id never shoot assmans sex toy......YOU STILL SHOT ME.....that uzi looks scary ontopic..

RogerRamjet
29-10-05, 12:33
Just out of interest, when are the NC1 NPCs gonna be upgraded to lovely NC2 ones?

elGringo
29-10-05, 14:00
Just out of interest, when are the NC1 NPCs gonna be upgraded to lovely NC2 ones?

the nc2 playerskins weren't created by KK themselves, so I guess they'd have to invest quite a bunch of money to get 20'ish more models skinned. Apart from that the ArtDept is busy on weapon models right now, arent they? ;)

Seven
02-11-05, 01:59
When is Neocron Evol. 2.1 being patched, this year?

RogerRamjet
02-11-05, 02:01
Christ, if KK asked the community theyd have about 100 new skins instantly.

Kozmos
02-11-05, 02:35

havent even gotta ask, got some here that were done with dirus a while back, just not allowed to use them .......

fschepper
02-11-05, 03:10
(..)about 100 new skins instantly.
More!

unreal
02-11-05, 05:30

Yeah, Neocron would be much better if Reakktor asked for help and listened to the community instead of being complete useless cocks regarding EVERYTHING. People are continually leaving the game from being fed up with it all, the only people being left behind are the absolute crazy nc1 players and the ones being brainwashed by more promises that either don't get completed (neocron zoo anyone?) or take 10 times as long to arrive. I think I might cancel my account soon as well and reactivate it when the so called "evolution" arrives. A few trees and weapon models doesn't really put a smile on my face, especially not when the player models are pretty much identical to one another, are disgusting, or you have your model bugged to other people (ie, PE fat lip or PE invisible chest from ages ago). If Reakktor did ever ask for help, they might realise the community would respond and help them get the cash they only seem to care about.

Toilet-Duck
02-11-05, 05:47
Yeah, Neocron would be much better if Reakktor asked for help and listened to the community instead of being complete useless cocks regarding EVERYTHING. People are continually leaving the game from being fed up with it all, the only people being left behind are the absolute crazy nc1 players and the ones being brainwashed by more promises that either don't get completed (neocron zoo anyone?) or take 10 times as long to arrive. I think I might cancel my account soon as well and reactivate it when the so called "evolution" arrives. A few trees and weapon models doesn't really put a smile on my face, especially not when the player models are pretty much identical to one another, are disgusting, or you have your model bugged to other people (ie, PE fat lip or PE invisible chest from ages ago). If Reakktor did ever ask for help, they might realise the community would respond and help them get the cash they only seem to care about.

Would agree with you there, the population is constantly dropping ie 3 or 4 months ago the population of terra was around 22-25% at peak now its at around %14 or less at peak times the times Im usually on, I personally blame the pvp server it was a complete failure and one too many for some people.
KK only have a certain amount of time to fix bugs, promised items/textures, fix the balance of the game (Almost everyone has moved to DOY since the balance of the game is out of hand the whole map is usually blue) , improve game for n00bs an make a better payment method before everyone will cancel.
I dont a think a few new textures here and there will keep people paying for the monthly payment even though its only around 12 euros a month (with fees), heck some people have cancelled months ago (4 or 5 months ago) and are yet still playing because of these bugs with the login system.
I understand KK is a small comany but surely if they released NC2 with the all the promised features the bug fixes it would have been quite a big success, people really didnt mind losing some items although some ppl were a little pi**ed the big disapointment was NC2 was really a small few patches and a new HUD.
I personally would say they have less than a year to get their act together and taking this game seriously fix everything that is making ppl leave, there will be games coming out like neocron (twilight war for example) in which people will switch to.

Asurmen Spec Op
02-11-05, 06:23
Remember though, the art department does gfx not code...

RogerRamjet
02-11-05, 10:20
What we need, is PE skins with sunglasses, and monk skins with cloaks :cool:

Not the NC1 skins, just completely revamped ones for NC2.

daygore
02-11-05, 12:48
the problem is there making these (very nice) new skins for old stuff and not telling any one about changes quite a few of my clan are takeing a time off till the evo patch and i dont think it will be enogh, also the fact that theres only been 2 pro op waring clans and there small compared to the hords that are DOY (carnt realy call it ati any more as doy is the main citie (im TT but i know what the score is) they need a major over hall yesterday and maby QA LOL else a new QA reageme

Riddle
02-11-05, 13:40
also the fact that theres only been 2 pro op waring clans and there small compared to the hords that are DOY (carnt realy call it ati any more as doy is the main citie (im TT but i know what the score is) they need a major over hall yesterday and maby QA LOL else a new QA reageme

DOY need to sort it out really!
I'm in one of those Op Waring city clans and its a Bastard to get a decent fight tbh.

We turn up with like 5 of us and they turn up with the same amount and Backup from another clan thereby outnumbering us at least 2 to 1 :( Waste of time tbh.

Overkill if you ask me and did they get a decent fight? Nah not really they owned us through superior numbers in a matter of minutes and any real player would have found that really boring i know we did :(

The problem being that DOY lack OP war action due to low NC city player base and as soon as City try an OP they all come a running, why the hell attck OP's when you know there are gonna be at least twice as many enemies?
maybe if we could get a fair fight city may attack more OP's but for me personally, wasting my time getting to an OP war and subsequent Poking etc. I can't be arsed when i know it will be over in seconds due to a DOY Rampage :(

CMaster
02-11-05, 15:37
You two are in the same clan lol.
But yeah, part of the reason my account is inavtive IS evo 2.1
Basically - no new content, no replacing missing graphics - we're too busy making existing graphics look prettier...

fschepper
02-11-05, 15:53
(..)no new content(..)
There will be new content:
http://neocron.jafc.de/showpost.php?p=1893819&postcount=13

CMaster
02-11-05, 15:55
Yes, and that was only said today...Before, it waqs all "too busy on evo2.1 for anything else"

numb
02-11-05, 16:06
Remember though, the art department does gfx not code...

I know you like saying it asurmen but you have to remember what the plan file says about evol 2.1 :

Reakktor’s different departments are currently working on some large improvements for the game. Our main focus currently lies on improving the graphics and further developing the graphics engine.

The engine is also getting an update, so that's going to require programmers.

Brammers
02-11-05, 16:08
There will be new content:
http://neocron.jafc.de/showpost.php?p=1893819&postcount=13

Define "New content". Is it new mobs, quests and areas to go to, or is it just the Wasteland and Weapons graphics upgrade?

Bugs Gunny
02-11-05, 16:19
I think content to them is an old mob with a new skin.
Also finaly getting the stopped storyline back on track is "new" content.

Two nights ago my canceled accounts ran out.
I reactivated for another 6 months, as that's how long it'll take for some other games to come out, and i felt like i still had things to "give" to the comunity :-)

fschepper
02-11-05, 17:14
Define "New content". Is it new mobs, quests and areas to go to, or is it just the Wasteland and Weapons graphics upgrade?

Expect a big boost of the Neocronicle and VotR press coverage with Evol 2.1.
The Content Team is currently heavily busy with preparing the new content that will hit the servers together with the other feature updates Holger has anounced in the planfile.
Imho these words imply that weapon & vegetation gfx are the features announced by Holger and not the new content snowcrash is talking about.

btw. why should there be 'cronicle & votr news about new weapon gfx and vegetation?

Kame
02-11-05, 18:07
I want snow in the wastes, snowy fucking areas. cmon its christmas time soon.

And i do also think that u guys should fix MY PE'S LIP !!!

cmon ive been called fatlip for sooo long, how bad does one feels when he PAYS for having an UGLY char ???

Riddle
02-11-05, 18:25
I want snow in the wastes, snowy fucking areas. cmon its christmas time soon.

Wait for the new improved Christmas trees this year! :D

unreal
02-11-05, 20:41
Expect a big boost of the Neocronicle and VotR press coverage with Evol 2.1.
The Content Team is currently heavily busy with preparing the new content that will hit the servers together with the other feature updates Holger has anounced in the planfile.

lol, I hope that doesn't mean the same sort of "new" content that was added several patches ago; like the NCPD HQ sector, and those extremely basic newbie quest areas. I wonder if they're going to include the Neocron Zoo that was promised an eternity ago. ;)

Asurmen Spec Op
02-11-05, 21:22
Wait for the new improved Christmas trees this year! :D
*sings the jake hard Christmas carols*

sanityislost
05-11-05, 07:55
The shots look kickass, but just a small question.
Are the psi-gloves getting a new look?

SiL ..:..

Asurmen Spec Op
05-11-05, 08:10

Psh SiL, we should be uniting and asking for Necrophilia emotes

:p

sanityislost
06-11-05, 04:09
Psh SiL, we should be uniting and asking for Necrophilia emotes

:p

awwwww, i like dead things just as much as the next person but a psi glove
wrapped in chains with sexy lil spikes woud be nice ;/

elGringo
06-11-05, 04:15

no other model is used for that many different weapons - true :)
I'd love to see it change!

Asurmen Spec Op
06-11-05, 04:16
awwwww, i like dead things just as much as the next person but a psi glove
wrapped in chains with sexy lil spikes woud be nice ;/

Well you just thought up FETISH's bondage toy.

sanityislost
06-11-05, 04:18
Well you just thought up FETISH's bondage toy.

Kinky....can i come to your club and play with the whores? plz :D

vashtyphoon78
06-11-05, 17:06
Kinky....can i come to your club and play with the whores? plz :D

hell no thats my job