PDA

View Full Version : General Babel

Superbron
24-10-05, 14:49
The presence of General Babel and some more NPC's in J-08 startled me. They were members of the DoY-faction in NC1 which you had to visit several times to get the DoY temporary epic completed weren't they? Why are they still there? Every citizen of the DoY was killed after the detonation of the neutron bomb by CA according to the storyline. So which faction are they now? Can anyone explain?

Greetz,

naimex
24-10-05, 14:58
The presence of General Babel and some more NPC's in J-08 startled me. They were members of the DoY-faction in NC1 which you had to visit several times to get the DoY temporary epic completed weren't they? Why are they still there? Every citizen of the DoY was killed after the detonation of the neutron bomb by CA according to the storyline. So which faction are they now? Can anyone explain?

Greetz,

Well, there's always survivors...

What you are referring to is, CA propaganda claiming that they've killed all DoY citizens.. I would say that there is more than enough proof throughout the world, that CA was lying...

Superbron
24-10-05, 15:04
Well, there's always survivors...

What you are referring to is, CA propaganda claiming that they've killed all DoY citizens.. I would say that there is more than enough proof throughout the world, that CA was lying...Yes, but I suggest to degrade Babel to corporal, because there are only three other blokes...

naimex
24-10-05, 15:10
Yes, but I suggest to degrade Babel to corporal, because there are only three other blokes...

Depends if you consider DoY guards members of the Dome of York army, and thereīs also all the robots...

Somewhere, someplace, really hidden, there might be a facility we donīt know about yet, where all the DoY scientists and stuff are, and those that monitor the DoY robot guard movement and actions... Just perhaps...

Lots of possibilities to why he is a General...

And even if we consider your theory that the DoY citizens were all close to extinction, then there wouldnīt be any reason to degrade a General to Corporal.

Even if he had lost every man, woman and child of DoY in battle, he would still be a General.

elGringo
24-10-05, 15:11
Yes, but I suggest to degrade Babel to corporal, because there are only three other blokes...

What about the dozens ...hell ... even hundrets of survivors that populate the doy tunnels ? Those are members of the old doy force ... aint they?

Paper Dragon
24-10-05, 15:32
A great deal of the citizens were killed in the explosions. Not every single person loyal to the Dome.

/EDIT - Just to push the example further: Let's say I'm the General in an army of robotic ninja monkeys, and our home city is nuked, wiping out the civilian population. Being a rather proud and vain Robotic Ninja Monkey, I'm not going to suddenly ditch my title.

Superbron
24-10-05, 16:09
I suggest to make General Babel a real commander and change the DoY-outpost into a real underground headquarter of a new (old) faction with a goal to reconquer the Dome. All lost DoY-lers join hands to reoccupy the Dome and rewin its lost greatness!!!

CMaster
24-10-05, 16:52
You realise that the old Dome and the factions currently occuping the Dome are enemies, right? The old Dome nuked the canyon, then after they nuked themselves, the current Dome Alliance rushed through the tunnels, massacring the off-guard Dome forces.

Superbron
24-10-05, 21:37
You realise that the old Dome and the factions currently occuping the Dome are enemies, right? The old Dome nuked the canyon, then after they nuked themselves, the current Dome Alliance rushed through the tunnels, massacring the off-guard Dome forces.Yep, the "old' DoY-faction should be hostile towards almost everybody: current DoY-alliance beat them in the tunnels and Neocron-forces detonated their neutron-bomb. Only CM as neutrals. Damn nice faction to PK it would be...

Secret Agent
25-10-05, 08:02
Yep, the "old' DoY-faction should be hostile towards almost everybody: current DoY-alliance beat them in the tunnels and Neocron-forces detonated their neutron-bomb. Only CM as neutrals. Damn nice faction to PK it would be...Something like Anarchy Breed?

Superbron
25-10-05, 08:11
Something like Anarchy Breed?
No, even more enemies for this "old" DoY faction, because Anarchy Breed is allied/neutral towards TS, BD, FA and TG. This "old" DoY faction should only be neutral towards CM and maybe neutra'/allied towards NEXT, PP, TT, DRE or BT, because it was CA that detonated the neutron bomb...

Obsidian X
25-10-05, 16:37
I always thought that Dome of York was going to be a playable faction in the early days of NC:BDoY hype.

zii
25-10-05, 18:29
No, even more enemies for this "old" DoY faction, because Anarchy Breed is allied/neutral towards TS, BD, FA and TG. This "old" DoY faction should only be neutral towards CM and maybe neutra'/allied towards NEXT, PP, TT, DRE or BT, because it was CA that detonated the neutron bomb...

(AB is allied to noone bar itself. It is neutral to TS TG FA BD.)

Superbron
25-10-05, 20:54
(AB is allied to noone bar itself. It is neutral to TS TG FA BD.)Wasn't AB allied to TS and BD in the original storyline?