PDA

View Full Version : General thoughts and neptune etc (devs read)

LiL T
24-10-05, 03:30
I'm going to miss this server, I'm pretty sure I will never play on it again blame the nob chesses that keep there LE in till over cap for that. There is features on this server that would help the normal servers, faster SI decrease, I spend alot of time waiting at places I only wish to check out for possible people to fight. Most of my time in Neocron is spent GRing around looking for a decent fight, if the same faster SI was put on terra and the other so called non pvp servers I'd love you long time :cool:

Better slot chances is nice on a pvp server but I also think it is time to slightly increase slot chance on the other servers. I can build 50 shelters and only get a 2 slotter after all that boring researching and buying parts with barter, we don't want a flipping 2 slot. We need 3 slots to cap damage at least, its a time sink and one I really hate and a game killer tbh, not a major increase but at least better chances of getting a 3 slotter on non rares. It would be nice to know that ressing 60 BP's of X spell will normally get you a few 3 slotters at least =)

I liked the whole no safe zone thing at first but even the hardcore pvpers see this as a bad idea, just look at how many high lvl players kept there LE in on Neptune. But I think too many safe zones is bad also, I'm talking about the HQ's and clubs, theres simply far too many places for people to run too these days. Zone line fighting can be ok if the area is big enough to hold the fighters, plaza 1 and 2 zone line is great for quick action and imo plaza 1 being safe zone as well as doy city center was a good move. MB however is just stupid, that zone line is too small and yet people whore it, the whole thing pissed off the real city mercs so I ask why lol ?

You should have made the real HQ area in MB a safe zone it has a GR for people too use :rolleyes: maybe add some general stores with ammo. MB was always risky to me and I loved raiding it, great fights happened there such as TG/BD roleplaying a take over and then having the mercs/procity comming to liberate it from the evil. I think you are not thinking this stuff out properly, you just go around destroying stuff, with the MB you destroyed a way of life for the mercs. CM's was meant to be hard to play what ever happened to that ?

Now onto clubs and HQ's, I think CA and TG hq should remain a safe zone as they are major factions, if you are pro city you are CA plane and simple and if your a doy player your under TG, I think we have already worked that out for ourselves. The other HQ's don't need to be a safe zone, rework FSM system to work with that, what I mean is people who are pro city should try to keep there CA symp at 90. DOY people should try to keep TG symp at 90, CA rules neocron and controls all the supplys in the city, so all the lvl 3 implants should be done through CA FSM. How nice would that be, it would be fucking great imo, one more time sink removed from the game and still keeping the pro city - anti city trade open.

I think the Tech haven no longer needs to be a safe zone, I went there last night and its very dead now plaza 1 and doy city center are safe zones. I think this should become a lvling spot, yes link it with hacknet and make it only enterable through hacknet. Some AI computer virus takes over and CA failed to clean it from the server, humm linked to DOY ? maybe FA created it , anyway killing the hacknet boss first should let people enter TH. In a safe room :rolleyes: at the normal GR, once in there they should fight through the most evil mobs ever and gain lots of XP and uber loot once they killed the boss.

TG canyon man remove that stupid maze you need to go through to get outside or enter and maybe people will use you great rework of the canyon *nuff said*

This was meant to be a thread about neptunes rules being a help on other servers but has turned into a sort of semi rant and some ideas that poped into my head. Just goes to show how much people LIKE your game but are annoyed at you making stupid mistakes and retarded gameplay changes.

LiL T
24-10-05, 05:04
Neptune failure ?

I think it is a total failure you can't say its not, I know I'd like to think the LE chip problem on this server was only a tempory thing. But the LE chip has already done its damage, nobody wants to play on it because people won't take there LE out. I had my LE in till I done epics and stuff, I took it out befor I was anywhere near ready to pvp but my epics were done. I capped a my already half lvled PE in just a few hours except con. I agree people need to time to cap or at least get them selfs rdy for the harsh world of neocron but they should never have been given the option to take the fucking piss out the pvpers that went there to PVP. Calling it a pvp server is a joke cos its far from it, the pvp server brought a nice boost too the other severs maybe thats what you wanted...

Asurmen Spec Op
24-10-05, 05:08
Neptune failure ?

I think it is a total failure you can't say its not, I know I'd like to think the LE chip problem on this server was only a tempory thing. But the LE chip has already done its damage, nobody wants to play on it because people won't take there LE out. I had my LE in till I done epics and stuff, I took it out befor I was anywhere near ready to pvp but my epics were done. I capped a my already half lvled PE in just a few hours except con. I agree people need to time to cap or at least get them selfs rdy for the harsh world of neocron but they should never have been given the option to take the fucking piss out the pvpers that went there to PVP. Calling it a pvp server is a joke cos its far from it, the pvp server brought a nice boost too the other severs maybe thats what you wanted...
Giving the PVP server a LE was a mistake in my opinion.
Because we get people who go on there, refuse to remove their LE till overcapped with epics and everything, then are suprised when theres no one to fight.

Ive heared whining from people on the forums who I know didnt take their LE out till /50+.

The tradeskiller argument was crap, its a PVP server, PVPers would go there.
If your not smart enough to avoid getting killed, your a crappy pvper.

[VP]Orion
24-10-05, 06:24
My opinion have always been that they should have made 1-2 safezones on neptune for the tradeskillers and loose the LE. That way there might be a few people still playing at the server since they would atleast still get fights.

I always thought Neptune would die about at this time, but I thought it was coz people would get bored of loosing too much stuff and having to work alot getting new stuff all the time. I never expected it to be becoz people got bored of everyone having LE in.

LT, about the canyon. When were you there the last time? A while ago appearantly. Go there and you will be surprised...

LiL T
24-10-05, 06:41
Orion']My opinion have always been that they should have made 1-2 safezones on neptune for the tradeskillers and loose the LE. That way there might be a few people still playing at the server since they would atleast still get fights.

I always thought Neptune would die about at this time, but I thought it was coz people would get bored of loosing too much stuff and having to work alot getting new stuff all the time. I never expected it to be becoz people got bored of everyone having LE in.

LT, about the canyon. When were you there the last time? A while ago appearantly. Go there and you will be surprised...

huh what when ?

the canyon has its main entrance reopened ?

I only put is my post since it was on my mind, I have no idea if it has be redone and if it had good job KK

Black Mamba
24-10-05, 08:52
i dont understand why they made plaza 1 and doy cc safe zones. now its harder once again to get pokes etc as there are 3 - 4 main locations. plus now my plaza 1 apartment is useless as i cant kill noobs in plaza 1

Asurmen Spec Op
24-10-05, 08:58
Youve got noobs in P2, plus, with P1 and CC Safezones, I acualyl see people!

Bugs Gunny
24-10-05, 09:20
Faster si would be nice for the other servers.

And i agree with most things T posted.
Also give pro city a chance at having a forward outpost, maybe regants legacy.

Crest
24-10-05, 09:45

Isnt it funny .. not directed @VP....

So many people always knew that the PVP server was gonna die .... Yet I cant recall ever reading a post like that till after its demise ....

Question here (Simple one too) How many characters do people who knew the PVP server was gonna die, got .

I mean why waste time on something you always knew.

Like inviting your enemy into your clan and giving clan app access ...

You know he is gonna raid you, kill your players and steal your stuff ... so you just don't do it .....

Black Mamba
24-10-05, 09:52
not really asurmen as the aeras are crowed with copbots

sultana
24-10-05, 15:40
not really asurmen as the aeras are crowed with copbots
Plaza 1 has copbots in it aswell.

Plaza 1 and CC being made safezones was one the better things to happen. At least for the Neocron city anyway, not sure about DoY, cause that place is just a mess. It's actually possible to find people tradeskilling again in the plaza sectors.

Back in nc1 I would've hated having to run to TH, just to have a remote chance of finding a tradeskiller.

Kame
24-10-05, 16:06
the only thing that brough ppl to neptune IMO is faster SI/XP.

and that was the DUMBEST move ever, it made me feel like quitting.

look KK, our time is important, our RL time. we pay for this game, and time IS money.

its like giving a rebate to pvprs.. thats STUPID enough... now give them the choice NOT to pvp, thats totally RETARD.

i also always wondered why CM HQ is the only unsafe HQ, and MB center safe jus cuz of the sellers... totally out of context, considering all current HQs.

and now we cant even draw a gun in the club...pffft.
look we go to a club we wanna fight. PERIOD.
at least make em like twister in the wastes where u can draw gun but get attacked by a guard.
and IMO HQs should be this way too. but no, you wanna babysit us trough first phases... WTF

why not make a RP SERVER FFS ???

this way all ur new lil paying customers wouldve had a clean safe environment to learn the game in without giving ur old community the HASSLE to deal with all those safezones crap.

i know ranting on forums is lame but im in school and theres some very annoying guys in my class and they get me pissed, so here is today's hatred from Mr Kame.

thx

giga191
24-10-05, 16:23
I think you should have posted this is the german section of the forum.

Asurmen Spec Op
24-10-05, 21:07
CM HQ cant be safe without editing the epic, go do the epic and acually READ the text :)

Kame
24-10-05, 21:10
isnt marcel in sector3 ??

theres a zoneline between sector3 and the place where faction office and such are.

LiL T
24-10-05, 23:50
i dont understand why they made plaza 1 and doy cc safe zones. now its harder once again to get pokes etc as there are 3 - 4 main locations. plus now my plaza 1 apartment is useless as i cant kill noobs in plaza 1

It helped the game =/ in bigger ways than you think, making plaza 1 a safe zone again has brought back populations that quit because of lack of roleplay and safeplaces to trade. You want people too kill there are plenty in plaza 2 pepper park 1, 2 and 3 and plaza 3, plaza 4 is a death trap same with the other sectors. I can get from pepper park to plaza 2 via plaza 3 and 1 easy as a anti city runner, its all about working out the safe spots. Like DRE HQ sewers lvl 1 lom pills shop etc etc, copbots are slighty dumb too if your a fast PE you can run right past them somtimes and they draw weapons but your out of range anyway. Copbots have got sucky range, it looks like there hitting you but there not kind of thing, I did many tests befor running around neocron with -63 sl ^^

Clobber
25-10-05, 01:36
It helped the game =/ in bigger ways than you think, making plaza 1 a safe zone again has brought back populations that quit because of lack of roleplay and safeplaces to trade.

Did it ?

What server was this on where people came back to the game to rp and trade in
p1 ? :wtf:

LiL T
25-10-05, 01:41
Did it ?

Well can you tell me in what way this made the game even worse than it was ?

/edit I don't have too spam trade for stuff no more and as I already said finding buyers for stuff is faster then it was, the trade channel is constant chatter. This was not the case befor the change, I can also find a fight if I wish and befor the change there was only one placee being MB which sucks.

sultana
25-10-05, 07:08
Did it ?

Go to plaza 1, and compare the amount of people you see there with how many were there before.

Also, all the people fighting at the p1/p2 zoneline, they weren't there before.

Crest
25-10-05, 10:12
Go to plaza 1, and compare the amount of people you see there with how many were there before.

this is still only half the picture ... the same is not in DOY City Centre (Is it?)

Clobber
25-10-05, 14:09

Yup they fight at p1/p2 zoneline instead of the dre or ca zonelines. And yes you can see people in p1 that were not there before. But they aint people coming back to the game coz they can trade and lom in p1 safely now like Lil T claims.

Kame
25-10-05, 15:18
Well plaza1's big difference is that ppl actually go and chill there.
And yes you can stealth ur way trough safe plaza1, even on a PE, i know and i done it.

DoY CC is empty. I feel lucky if i raid DoY and see 1 person, LEd or not.
And you sure as hell cant stealth trough CC on a PE.
But i guess if ur DoY, you better hit TH for trades.

The only time CC was full was in BETA, and that was a great place.

On another note i think its sad theres clubs in NC and DoY, and theres basically unused.
I wish they could become some sort of P2, where ppl could go an hang around and fight.
If they remain safezone i dont think they ever will get populated.

MB center is v populated and i guess thats why its a safezone.
But man did i love fighting in there.
My first tank kill was in there i remember well...
i was xx/30 and there was this droner harrassing ppl with an ion drone, he was hiding next to the vendors in between boxes, i shot my 6 napalm grenades on him and he died :lol:

Those were the days id go to MB everyday, and it gave me a great time.
Now all there is about MB is nibs at the bunker, and zoneline fights, wich are rather lame imo since the place is all cramped up.

LiL T
25-10-05, 15:58
this is still only half the picture ... the same is not in DOY City Centre (Is it?)

wrong been there seen people standing around do missions chatting poking, not as much as plaza 1 though

Cor
25-10-05, 16:03
I agree with what some of you guys say. As for the LE on Neptune maybe some like, after you do the Epic for your faction that you start with, you get a warning of what is about to happen and your LE pops automaticlly and that is about LVL 45 also make it so the Epic rewards don't work for LE player's or OH an idea :eek: . You can start the Epic with the LE in and about half way through you contact for your faction will say to you,

" If you con't on this path at the end of your Epic run you will receive your Epic reward and your LE will be removed. But if you don't want your LE removed you will only receive a cash reward and the title of Master also you will be unable to use Epic reward from any Faction. Which path do you choose?"

It's a PVP server the rules are different. People have to be made to under stand that. So you can either pull the LE out yourself and get all the Epic reward buy joining all the faction or LVL up abit do the Epic run for your faction and have the LE pulled out automaticlly or choose to keep the LE in and you get no Epic reward(except for the mention above). I think that's fair, it's the price you pay for keeping your LE in on a PVP server.

zii
25-10-05, 18:38
I took my PE's LE out at rank 25. To date only two people have tried to kill me. The others have LEs so I'm untouchable. 111 ....