PDA

View Full Version : Swamp Cave Girl = Null

naimex
24-10-05, 01:38
Theres a weird NPC in the swamp cave, that you cant target, but you can damage/kill.

But when you kill her, you just get :

"You got no reward for killing (Null), Pick on someone your own size."

Anyone know wtf is up with that..

The thing is there, but isnīt there.

And when you attack it with fists, then when youve only damaged it, you get a "cratzek" sound, almost as if a tentacle was attacking you. but all you see is that girl standing there, but not being there.

http://www.naimex.dk/swampcavegirl.bmp

Asurmen Spec Op
24-10-05, 01:40
I use null as an example for Stealth, If you can target and hit her without a reticle change, then you can do it for stealth

naimex
24-10-05, 01:41
I use null as an example for Stealth, If you can target and hit her without a reticle change, then you can do it for stealth

whaa??

You cant target her, but just aiming at her with fists and hitting into where the box/she should be, then you do damage to her.

Also she respawns without you resetting the cave.

Asurmen Spec Op
24-10-05, 01:42
I mean that, the reticles doesnt change, but you can hurt her with weapons wich require retical lock

naimex
24-10-05, 01:45
I mean that, the reticles doesnt change, but you can hurt her with weapons wich require retical lock

yes... but its not just the reticle thingy... its her entire hitbox that isnt there.

and why is she a null = not there, when she is there ? but you cant get a hitbox on her, so she shouldnt actually be there.

Itīs odd..

itīs almost as if she is one of those barrels you can shoot so they blow up, and no i dont mean explosive barrels, but the barrels you cant target, but can still blow up..

she feels like one of those.

Shes a female - metalbarrel hybrid.

LiL T
24-10-05, 01:51
I think she is there as part of the script of the cave its self, she is wierd though, there is also one in the graves and makes snake sounds. Kill her she is evil T_T

/edit god damn nice FPS and free memory, got to get a system that gets that :(

elGringo
24-10-05, 01:57
I guess its some kind of default NPC that appears when a programmer punched in the wrong mobname etc and the game tries to look up smth that doesnt exist.
Instead of a black hole, this NULL appears. Same thing in Viperking and Crystalcave.

http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=127527&highlight=null+npc
http://neocron.jafc.de/showpost.php?p=1829451&postcount=6

LiL T
24-10-05, 02:06
I guess its some kind of default NPC that appears when a programmer punched in the wrong mobname etc and the game tries to look up smth that doesnt exist.
Instead of a black hole, this NULL appears. Same thing in Viperking and Crystalcave.

http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=127527&highlight=null+npc
http://neocron.jafc.de/showpost.php?p=1829451&postcount=6

That could well be the case, maybe a spelling mistake in the spawning script or what ever is used to get the mobs to spawn. The placement of miss null in the graves is strange though makes it look like she was meant to be there, go check it out she is behind a grid standing perfectly in the small closed off room.

zii
24-10-05, 02:36
/deleted

FarSight
24-10-05, 10:09
They are smt like "markers/placeholders/script errors/spawn points" for future NPC/mobs i remember that in places where i saw that girls (sometimes plenty of them) some time later showed new NPC's or mobs

EDIT: Loooong time ago (b4 or early nc1 dont remember exactly in fact when i visit them first time) swamp caves were full of that girls instead of mobs (only girls no mobs)

Riddle
24-10-05, 11:20
Mrs. Null appears when the game tries to spawn an npc that doesn't exist. Think of her job as the fabled "/set fre 0" command for the servers.

She's been down there since the dawn of time :P

commerzgandalf
24-10-05, 11:36
null = expresion for a empty field in DB language
means
a npc with no name :D
thats all ^^ (i think)

Nidhogg
24-10-05, 11:44
Think of them as an exception handler. They're a mystery wrapped in an enigma wrapped in a pair of knickers.

N

RogerRamjet
24-10-05, 11:58
She's been down there since the dawn of time :P

She wasnt there in NC1 O_o

Nidhogg
24-10-05, 12:20
She wasnt there in NC1 O_o
They were around in NC1 too. Maybe not in that particular place but she could be found out in the wastelands. She made all kinds of scary noises and didn't do very much. A bit like my wife.

N

/edit - in case you're reading, that was a joke, hon. ;)

retr0n
24-10-05, 12:33
They were around in NC1 too. Maybe not in that particular place but she could be found out in the wastelands. She made all kinds of scary noises and didn't do very much. A bit like my wife.

N

Meet my friend, his name is Sofa.

Tratos
24-10-05, 12:34

N

lolz.

Anywhom has there been a change in the mobs in the swamp caves since Neocron 1 - as its been said in this thread she seems to spawn when the server cant find the mob that should be there - perhaps a mob that was formaly there in NC1 has been changed etc for NC2.

Another example of one of these secretive ladies is the vendor in the Crahn Diner - DoY Sector 2 ;)

Crest
24-10-05, 12:44
I think there is one in the Bat queen caves ... not by the batqueen side, but follow the other route and there is a NPC there ....

For a few NC Creds I believe she would make your fantasy come true right there in the cave