PDA

View Full Version : Limit resistor chips

Breakaway
21-10-05, 14:38
I have been looking into the different kind of monks out there in neocron (especially hybrids) and i have found out that most of them are using the PPR chip and the NCPD minni PPR. I now know why they are so over powered as they have the con of a PE. I think as monks are made to have low armor and low con that maybe PPRs and minni PPRs are made only available for tanks/PEs and spys. As monks are getting to over powered.
Anyone agree?

CMaster
21-10-05, 14:56
You know what? I havent heard of any monks running that setup myself. If there is only space for one resist chip, then MOVEON is the most point-efficent for a combination of reasons. I do know of some APUs going PPR+MOVEON and then taking Psi Combat 3. I'm sure some blessed hybs do that too. But I know of far more PEs and Tanks stuffing their heads with resist chips than I do monks... Monk 'overpoweredness' is adiffernt matter.

Bugs Gunny
21-10-05, 15:00
Only overpowered monk is the blessed hybrid.
Apu hybrids are tough, but they can still be killed.

And seriously, any monk using a ppr and a mini ppr is nuts.

Skusty
21-10-05, 15:07
Many of our monks in clan uses MOVEON setup, but not PPR. Who uses PPR when you can get BDYHP from MOVEON, + con and str ;)

nabbl
21-10-05, 15:11
and with +con and +str you can use antigamma foot and filter heart 2...

Scanner Darkly
21-10-05, 15:16
Moveon+PPR APU hybrid nutter checking in. No, 4 real!

edit: oh and I don't think this is the right solution to the "overpowered hybrids/monks" problem.

Dribble Joy
21-10-05, 17:28
Heh, this really isn't going to solve anything. Nothing wrong with a PPU/APU using the mini pprs/moveon/ppr, they have to ditch a decent amount of apu/ppu from the chips they forfeit.

As allready said, the monk problem is in a different area.

Lifewaster
21-10-05, 18:17
We all know monks are overpowered, but it really isnt much to do with PPR chips.

Vae Victis
21-10-05, 18:50
monks with a moveon/ppr setup, miss 25 PPU or 25 APU.

tbh both chips in a monk, is useless, SPECIALLY for a PPU, since APUs have a psi3 buff they can rely on.

I'd get a moveon in my PPUs head, but for 2 reasons I wont
1) I got 416 Health, dont need it
Im fast as fuck since I dont use a PA, therefor I dont need antigamma foot
Plus I cap poison resist, so I dont really need a FH-2, xray resist is high enough.
2) This mean I would have a non PA setup, WITH a PA on just to get "cap" on my spells.

It would be fun to try out, but I cba.

If you loose the def2, put in a MOVEON, get a non PA setup but wear a PA, you'd still cap your spells, plus have a "better" CON setup.
tempting.. but no thanks.
Dont need it, dont want it.

besides, PPR chip in a monk.. some say PPR is buggy/doesnt work on monks that well.
Never tried it and I never will :p

Asurmen Spec Op
21-10-05, 18:57
PPR+miniPPR doesnt give a monk PE con O_o

Mr Kot
21-10-05, 19:05
There's no reason at all to give requirements to either a ppr or the NCPD special forces CPU.

As with most things in this game, if you choose a setup that boosts defences, you sacrifice attack. With 2 resist chips, there is no room for all of the DS / PSI core / attack 2 / attack 3 that most apus have. What would they put in the other 2 slots? those with a DS will probably choose DS and PSI core, so no extra apu other than the +10 that these two imps give. I'd like to see any apu capping HL with that.

Those without a DS may choose PSI core and attack 3. Less INT for wearing heavy belts and still not enough apu to cap spells.

Kame
21-10-05, 21:01
ur actually better off putting the heart that give health instead of the resist one. healt **is better then resist on monks.
and i know a lot of monks have like no resists at all, theyd rather be fast.

one thing is for sure, a moveon is a great thing for every fighting char, period.

Tostino
21-10-05, 22:16
Well I was gona say that this was a bad idea, and list why. But it has already been said many times.

Torq
22-10-05, 01:03
only the remove of the spirit armor would nerf monk's resistence... but i don't believe this is gonna happen.

Tostino
22-10-05, 01:07
only the remove of the spirit armor would nerf monk's resistence... but i don't believe this is gonna happen.
That would make monks useless. They need to come up with a new way to balance monks, beacuse all of their ones that they have had so far would ruin the game.
Some of the ideas proposed by players would help the game balance (not any of them that say spirit mods should be put back in, and for every class). But KK don't seem to like to listen to the good ideas players have, mainly the bad ones.

Asurmen Spec Op
22-10-05, 03:21
Monks themselves need to be changed, removing armour isnt the way to do it

omg iCe your avatar is pwnage

sultana
22-10-05, 04:09
As everyone has said PPR and mini-PPR in a monks head is a pretty big gimp.

If everything they're slightly overpowered for tanks, because they can afford to use one and still cap whatever weapon they use. But even then the difference is hardly huge.

Vae Victis
22-10-05, 18:34
Didnt Borsty have a monk with MOVEON/PPR in his head? both of them chips?
Roger said something about it... and that he'd get good stats on his spells.
but I highly doubt that.
you'd miss, as I said, 25 PPU.
and tbh, if you're a PPU and you need PPR to get a good CON setup, you should be shot and deleted.
No chips are worth the loss of 25 PPU (def2 + def3 = 25 PPU for those who didnt know).

omg iCe your avatar is pwnageshush or it's gonna get removed by Nid :(

Breakaway
24-10-05, 01:23
hmm yeah i see what you mean, but there has to be another way to nerf hybrids alittle without buggering them up too much :p

Breakaway
24-10-05, 01:27
but I highly doubt that.
and tbh, if you're a PPU and you need PPR to get a good CON setup, you should be shot and deleted.
No chips are worth the loss of 25 PPU (def2 + def3 = 25 PPU for those who didnt know).

shush or it's gonna get removed by Nid :(

But im talking about hybrids as mine has a psi core/DS/PPr/Moveon and hes too over powered as his health is like 470 and he has pretty damn good con. also he doesnt loose any real psi points from putting a ppr/moveon in either

sultana
24-10-05, 15:21
but I highly doubt that.
Rev had it in both his ppu and apu at some stage, and whatever hybrid, I think borsty did to, but he loms that much I could never tell.

Moveon + PPR, 510%(ish) on your shelter, 320ish mana pool. It's ok but I would rather a larger mana pool.

But im talking about hybrids as mine has a psi core/DS/PPr/Moveon and hes too over powered as his health is like 470 and he has pretty damn good con. also he doesnt loose any real psi points from putting a ppr/moveon in either
Blessed hybrids are overpowered period.

Apu-based ones have an advantage, but not the the extent of the blessed ones. If you were to put in a moveon and/or proto chip in one, you'd gimp your mana pool/damage enough that it would balance out.