PDA

View Full Version : New Patch soon?

Storme
20-10-05, 17:28
I was just thinking its been awhile since the last patch? I know they busy with 2.1 but one would assume the bug/netcode exercise is still on the high priority list?

Any official answer on an ETA for next patch?

Storme

fschepper
20-10-05, 17:39
Here (http://neocron.jafc.de/showpost.php?p=1884780&postcount=2) in the german forum Carnage says, they're focussing on Evo 2.1...

Demental
20-10-05, 17:57
which will prolly be another notch in the long line of fuck ups in NC's history :lol:

All jokes aside I cant wait to see some improvements or some of the stuff they're supposedly working on. I just hope the actual game itself will have some memory leak/bug fixes besides just changing the models/vegetation. 'Cause I can over look how ugly the models are and how lame the vegetation is but one thing I cant ignore is when my client freezes at 0 FPS 'cause of how terrible this game leaks memory and consumes resources.

Suh Duke
20-10-05, 20:47
Even with "how terrible this game eats resources", it doesn't demand nearly the hardware of most all other big name MMO's on the market right now.... Hell I run the game in 1280x960 w/ everything maxxed and i dont drop below 76 FPS... whereas other MMO's id be hitting 20ish with settings maxxed.

Skusty
20-10-05, 21:16
I want a patch! About evo 2.1, will it be free for every nc player to buy or will it replace old nc2 or what??

Toilet-Duck
20-10-05, 22:13
I want a patch! About evo 2.1, will it be free for every nc player to buy or will it replace old nc2 or what??

LOL now that would be funny, you must upgarde to evo 2.1 however there will be a one off charge of 20 euros to upgrade your account :rolleyes: .

retr0n
20-10-05, 23:27
Even with "how terrible this game eats resources", it doesn't demand nearly the hardware of most all other big name MMO's on the market right now.... Hell I run the game in 1280x960 w/ everything maxxed and i dont drop below 76 FPS... whereas other MMO's id be hitting 20ish with settings maxxed.

Funny, I have just the opposite.

Riddle
20-10-05, 23:40
I to am looking forward to a patch...soon!

and free as promised :rolleyes:

Demental
21-10-05, 02:14
Funny, I have just the opposite.

Same, I can run Battlefield 2 or any top of the line MMORPG with max settings with 0% lag and 90 FPS easily, but when it comes to our beloved neocron I have to restart it once an hour at LEAST or i'll run time error or get 5 or so FPS :rolleyes:

QuakCow
21-10-05, 02:21
my fps in nc is not bad and i dont fre hardly at all, and i can run most new games at nearly full without having too low of a frame rate

Asurmen Spec Op
21-10-05, 02:36
I acually have never had problems with NC crashing every hour or less, hell, Ive always been able to play for hours on end

Demental
21-10-05, 03:55
What's your set up? 'Cause i'm gonna make an exact copy of it then ;)

naimex
21-10-05, 05:02
rumour has it that we're getting an evolution patch next week, but itīs all rumours...

Crest
21-10-05, 10:38
[ edited ]

Nidhogg
21-10-05, 10:50
If the day comes that you have to pay for evo 2.1 I'll let you run riot but until then give it a rest.

N

Argent
21-10-05, 10:58
If the day comes that you have to pay for evo 2.1 I'll let you run riot but until then give it a rest.

Do you remember what else was promised for us for totally free, because I'm not sure you do.

Nidhogg
21-10-05, 11:07
I asked you to give it a rest. I won't ask again. We've been assured that this is free and until that is proved to be false this is all just so much spiteful trolling.

N

Brammers
21-10-05, 11:47
Is there going to be any news on any sort of patch?

Even if it's a patch like patch 130. (Which changed nothing ingame, just added some files ready for the patch afterwards)

[TgR]KILLER
21-10-05, 11:51
doubt there will be a patch.. when they were working on doy we din't get patches now they are putting all there hours in 2.1 so doubt we'll get a patch.

CMaster
21-10-05, 12:40
In the mean time, PvP is daft because of crazy netoce, and TFC is dieing off due to lack of content...

Xian
21-10-05, 12:43
Even with "how terrible this game eats resources", it doesn't demand nearly the hardware of most all other big name MMO's on the market right now....

You're right! It demands more than any game currently on the market.

I think 3DS Max can come close. Unfortunately, there's no PVP.

Skusty
21-10-05, 13:20
LOL now that would be funny, you must upgarde to evo 2.1 however there will be a one off charge of 20 euros to upgrade your account :rolleyes: .
Maybe that's why i asked? That's how you learn, by asking! I had never seen any Evo 2.1 info execpt pictures :rolleyes:

Nidhogg
21-10-05, 15:17
Netiquette states that you should do research before asking questions. You should definitely do research before trolling.

N

/edit - check out the most recent plan file for details on evol. 2.1.

Scanner Darkly
21-10-05, 15:29
In the mean time, PvP is daft because of crazy netoce, and TFC is dieing off due to lack of content...

PM me in game and I can arrange to inject some hot plasma content into TFC.

How about an OP war this weekend? PM me if interested. Tea and scones when it's over - Phoenix' treat.

Patch will come when it comes - rather pointless debating it here, bitching and whining will only make the Nidhogg angry and you won't like him when he's...

numb
21-10-05, 15:36
It's a bit depressing if there is going to be no patch until evol 2.1 (unless that is really soon).

I'm a bit concerned about map textures having increased resolution, tbh I dont think the engine is up to it, I'm lucky to get 10fps in tiki bar. Although from what i've read evol is just vegetation and gun models.

Bugs Gunny
21-10-05, 15:57
Well known pvper: "stop anoying me or i'll pull out my evo 2.0.1 retextured gun and kill your fps while my buddy slashes you to death with his pob"

Scanner Darkly
21-10-05, 16:00
I'm not worried, I have a pentium processor inside!!!!

LiL T
22-10-05, 03:22
Omg do people ever stop whining, the patch will be done when it is done, all these thread do is create more threads with the same title. Then we end up with a rushed half finnished pile of shite because people whined and the DEV's are put under too much pressure to bring us the stuff faster = crap patch

Clobber
22-10-05, 04:20
Omg do people ever stop whining, the patch will be done when it is done, all these thread do is create more threads with the same title. Then we end up with a rushed half finnished pile of shite because people whined and the DEV's are put under too much pressure to bring us the stuff faster = crap patch

Ot nc2 as its known to most of us :D

Asurmen Spec Op
22-10-05, 04:36
Ot nc2 as its known to most of us :D
And thanks to these kind of things, NC2 is how it is, feal happy nib