PDA

View Full Version : History question: GeneTanks

Paper Dragon
18-10-05, 23:27
Ok, I'm a little conflicted when it comes to GeneTanks at the moment. I know they were designed to be soldiers, can handle heavy weaponry and tend to be emotionally unstable, etc, but I'm a little confused as to what they were originally created for.

Were they designed to be the "ultimate" soldier, or were they simply designed as a cheap and plentiful source of cannon fodder? I can't remember the lore too well, so any help with this would be appreciated.

QuakCow
18-10-05, 23:30
basically mass produced, relatively mindless grunts capable of dishing out and taking massive damage to fight the war (was it the ceres war? dont remember)

giga191
18-10-05, 23:36
but are now replaced by robots so are no longer needed.

Brammers
18-10-05, 23:37
Yeap thats about right. From the Neocron History they was used by Regent to fight Ceres for the disks. See the history (http://www.techhaven.org/content/view/36/38/) from 2576.

Hell-demon
19-10-05, 00:01
but were anymore produced? becuase if not that would mean the gene tanks we have are 300 years old o_O

Tratos
19-10-05, 00:03
but were anymore produced? becuase if not that would mean the gene tanks we have are 300 years old o_O

iirc they were just left to their own devices i think mating comes under that heading.

giga191
19-10-05, 00:06
but were anymore produced? becuase if not that would mean the gene tanks we have are 300 years old o_O I still make them as sex slaves

Hell-demon
19-10-05, 00:12
Tanks are emotionally disturbed mating would be an awkward affair :eek:

Maybe more were made in Reza regime when he came to power to help enforce the city with guards. Like HQ guards and screaming horese agency :rolleyes:

Heavyporker
19-10-05, 00:17
Mating != raising children

Now, Gen-Tanks wouldn't have a problem with mating. They'd certainly go for it with gusto.

It's the raising children part that'd be rocky to say the least.

Hell-demon
19-10-05, 00:19
radiation mutates babies 8|

I think they are still made. How come you kill a guard another takes its place........ :eek:

Paper Dragon
19-10-05, 00:19
Mating != raising children

Now, Gen-Tanks wouldn't have a problem with mating. They'd certainly go for it with gusto.

It's the raising children part that'd be rocky to say the least.

If they were constructed, rather than born, and designed to fight, why would they be given the ability to procreate?

8|

Prime fiction is scary and frightening place sometimes.

Cerbious
19-10-05, 00:28
isnt the MC5 a clone facitilty.. where u start looks like clone devices.

Paper Dragon
19-10-05, 00:38
isnt the MC5 a clone facitilty.. where u start looks like clone devices.

It's a brainwashing facility. It worked for the people that chose a Pro-City faction, but fails for those who chose Anti-City.

QuakCow
19-10-05, 00:45
wish i could get a job at MC5, i love messing with people's heads ;)

Brammers
19-10-05, 01:07
wish i could get a job at MC5, i love messing with people's heads ;)

Did the current employee's at MC5 get their own brains screwed? (Must do the MC5 story in MC5 again)

QuakCow
19-10-05, 01:14
well if your pro city the story goes that your head is already screwed with, but i think i was too screwed up before for it to have any effect :lol:

so yea, i would assume teh employees of MC5 are either normal nc citizens or are super brainwashed

MrTrip
19-10-05, 01:28
The employees of MC5 are not brainwashed, but just loyal servants of Reeza.

QuakCow
19-10-05, 01:45
hrm...yea yea hail reza, all that crap

i accept the brainwashing as part of the city, and deal with it. screw turning a blind eye or whatever the phrase is

fuck reza, and im pro city ;)

vashtyphoon78
19-10-05, 04:19
This brings me to a point me and Cmaster always get into a fight about.

WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME SOMEONE FREAKING SAW REEZA? for all we know hes been dead for a long time.

netster
19-10-05, 09:08
Answer => Year 2576: [snip]The Psi Monks, who dealt with genetic engineering since Thor's capture of Neocron and the introduction of the new doctrine, intensively pursue this task and develop a prototype after just a few months, which they call Tank. The Tank can be produced as a fully drilled warrior in a short amount of time and has all the characteristics Regant requested. [snap]

Reza was last mentiont in 2755 :
[snip]New Year is rung in by a relief attack of the Techhaven supported by heavily armed Twilight Guardians and Black Dragons, resulting in tremendous losses for the besieging troops. Neocron reacts cautiously; Reza knows very well that most of the Techhaven’s defenses lie deep within the complex and therefore withholds the order to storm the building. The fi ghting actually recedes, as the Fallen Angels seem to accept the siege, whereas they secretly are supporting the Dome of York by means of technology transfer in constructing a new weapon against Neocron. Nonetheless, another event fully captures Neocron‘s attention – at least for the time being...[snap]

ps: last time i seen reza ... never, only saw some chiefs/etc from CA while i was on jupiter over 1 1/2 years ago.

MrTrip
19-10-05, 09:14
Reza is dead.

Get over it.

Hell-demon
19-10-05, 12:18
He could be cryogenically frozen. Defrosted when ever important matters arise :)

Crest
19-10-05, 12:26
Would that not be a god PVP event (looks at the GM tame) ....

Mebbe Reeza is to come out of hiding in the cave of the soulcluster ... and requires his loyal subjects to protect him from the Ambush of the Antycities (Who look to the Angel of the gaurdian for light) ....

So he needs his people to escourt him back to Neocron ... We know his hiding ... cause thats what the coward would do .... .... ....

Comeone show your face ... I got a little something for you you fat bast***

Shanira
19-10-05, 17:55
Since Reza had such an interest in Irata III, maybe he did get himself frozen after all, so that come 2840 when contact is reastablished by the ships he sent to populate the planet he will - or may if all goes well - be there to hear the call, and thus board the next transport to Irata III if everything's clear.

Of course, that's not too likely, but I like speculating. :p

Darkana
20-10-05, 08:50
Cloning technology, cyborgs, AI, puppets and their master(s).

Hibernation is no solution, you cannot make sure your will is still followed while you are in hibernation.

PS: See PP epic ... it evolves around all this.

Dribble Joy
20-10-05, 12:43
From the history you will see that the psi monks (who created the tanks), decided that further development of a purely biological weapon was pointless and chose to focus elsewhere.

MrTrip
21-10-05, 00:42
Silence Pro-City Scum, Reza is dead and you can all go cry a puddle now.

He will never come back, and City Admin will fall apart soon enough and DoY will rule all like it should.

The Psi Monks will rule Neocron again and smash all of you "OMG REDVSBLEW SUX NERF ALL MONKS TO ROACHES" people.

CRAHN HIMSELF WILL ONCE AGAIN WALK THIS PLANET AND ALL WHO OPPOSE HIM SHALL LYE AS ASHES AT HIS FEET!

Or so the NPCs say. :D

Tanks were just pawns, and they were let go, kind of like dogs that you use to protect your back yard, that you don't need anymore...just let them off their leash in the middle of a field. :angel:

naimex
21-10-05, 05:15
Ai wuz burn bai mai mummeh an pappa, them be tank too, mai greet granfuttah fight wit smart peeples.

I r nut desturbed, butt ai du git sad sumtaimes, an angreh a lot uf taimes tuu.

^^

Genetically Enhanced Tanks, were "grown" by the PSI Monks, to smash defensive places, monks were more peacefull back then, very few monks were aggressive.

So they needed something that could make serious damage, and not drop dead to any random dude with a bat that felt mistreated.

As said, at some time during the Ceres Wars all the genetanks were lined up surrounding the mines where the ceres discs holding all the knowledge of civilized society, were being held, and they just blew the shit out of all the factions trying to seize control over the discs.

Some believe that the head of city administration at that time was behind the attack himself and just blamed it on his friend, his friends story says that he got power hungry and paranoid, and wanted to have the discs kept within the neocron city walls.

Of course his "friend" wouldn´t stand up to it, so went out and formed the Twilight Guardian, who since that day have waged constant war on the City Administration, for the before-mentioned reasons.

Crest
21-10-05, 10:46
Its all about a twinkie .. .Rezza ate it and did not share .... so now we have a war ... Hmm if only that twinkie was shared

Vae Victis
21-10-05, 11:52
Its all about a twinkie .. .Rezza ate it and did not share .... so now we have a war ... Hmm if only that twinkie was sharedWHat a goddamn selfish bastard he is..
He should be hanged.
Like Bob, who stole my cookie http://img474.imageshack.us/img474/1041/meetbob2oz.gif