PDA

View Full Version : Neptune - The ghost town

retr0n
18-10-05, 21:56
Well, it's looking more and more like it every day.

Pops right now (euro prime time):
---------------------
MARS............... 21%
MERCURY.......... 4%
TERRA.............. 16%
NEPTUNE........... 8%
---------------------

Is anything going to be done about the LE situation on Neptune, because if not
you did all that work for nothing KK. A pvp server in a pvp game was a bad idea
in the first place, and letting people use the LE on that server was even worse.

Don't get me wrong, i'm glad Terra is comming back on it's feet, but if you dont
do something about Neptune very soon, you might aswell change it's name back
to Pandore.

vashtyphoon78
18-10-05, 22:33
its too late for neptune anyways...3/4s of the people that played there have gone back to there normal servers and are pretty much done with neptune after capping 2 chars. :lol: i told people it would take less than 2 weeks to clear out

Demental
18-10-05, 22:42
its too late for neptune anyways...3/4s of the people that played there have gone back to there normal servers and are pretty much done with neptune after capping 2 chars. :lol: i told people it would take less than 2 weeks to clear out
truth.

Clobber
18-10-05, 22:53
The people that came back to NC to try Neptune have left again, while other have gone back to terra leaving Neptune yet another major fuck up by KK.

Terra just seems to have hit rock bottom, crap pops, server balance worse than ever. Whats left of pro city fight the frenchies in p2 while anti twiddle thumbs waiting for a fight.

I hope a decent pro city op fighting clan pops soon, I actually miss fighting FF :eek:

numb
18-10-05, 23:03
Yeah at least without LEs neptune would have some kind of edge. With a low population most people are going to have their own trader chars anyway, defeating the whole point of LEs for tradeskillers...

I really think LEs on neptune have killed the server, maybe it'll keep the few people who were glad for LE inclusion happy but I can see neptune populations drop even further unless something is done about the situation (or everyone takes their LEs out). Even then, the damage may already be done. It was blatantly obvious everyone would use LE until capped and fully equipped, it was quite obvious to me at least that'd reduce the fun element of fighting at low to mid levels with other people of similar level.

It was better in NC1 early retail, where you were encouraged to remove your LE at a lower level due to increased requirements on items for LE users. Then for some reason it all changed no doubt because people wanted to take the easy road to cap.

Castoff
18-10-05, 23:07
If people would stop ALLIED fighting and start ANTI fighting then all would work great. As long as KK make it possible for Anti Clanned people to make alts in the opposite city and form a clan in both places you will continue to have ALLIED pking.
In the best interest of the game I think if you make a clan in one side of the border then all your non LEed alts have to be there as well. That goes for all your accounts. I think KK should make it IMPOSSIBLE to kill your own people. Other games can do that and it works great.
As the game stands now most people don't know who to trust anymore. :rolleyes:

retr0n
18-10-05, 23:18
Actually, no friendly fire would suck even more then allied pking, it removes a
great part of your freedom to do what you want when you want, even if allied
ganking sucks bigtime. It would also move NC even further towards red vs. blue
crap it seems to be turning into.

Also, it would be like those annoying LEd ppl talking crap all day because you
can't kill them.

--

About Neptune, KK should either rework it, real fast, atleast announce that
something is in the works, or they should bite the lip and admit it is what it is,
a failiure (sp?). Right now it seems they have abandoned everything, exept
for the art dept. that seem to be working in a good pace.

Include us in your discussions please KK.

Netphreak
18-10-05, 23:44
Hmm... I think I remember saying that we didn't need a PvP server and looks like I was proved right for once.

LiL T
19-10-05, 00:36
Well the way I see it is people got pissed off due to the lack of people to fight and it is bad, I'm on there since I can't stand the whole MB zoneline fighting on terra. But I think this will change once more people remove there LE Chips, tbh most people with LE in on neptune are not even capped yet but there are some people who are clearly taking the piss out of it and did not go there to pvp. Easyer lvling fast SI etc was all good but I think it has had a bad effect, we have people on the pvp server simply becasue of faster XP and being totaly safe with there LE Chip in.

I think once your mainstats are capped the LE should cease to work, you have plenty of time to gather epics and money etc befor this happens. I also think apartments could be turned into safezones allowing tradeskillers to do there work in total safety ! Or maybe they could have made Tech haven sector 2 a safezone and the only safezone, there would still be crap loads of places to fight. Then they could do away with the LE chip on neptune altogether, I really think if this was made the only safezone then we might see populations returning.

LaZyBoY
19-10-05, 00:44
you cant pvp w/ led people :|

QuakCow
19-10-05, 00:46
you can, you just dont do any dmg ;)

neofrag

MrTrip
19-10-05, 00:56
[ edited ]

LaZyBoY
19-10-05, 00:57
[ edited ]
OMG ITS TRUE

woOpin
19-10-05, 00:59
[ edited ]

aKe`cj
19-10-05, 01:59
A pvp server in a pvp game was a bad idea
in the first place.

Full Ack!

I've never set a foot on neptune and I am not suprised its on the best way to shake hands with mercury again... :p

MrTrip
19-10-05, 03:45
Allow me to rephrase my previous post..

I played Neptune, capped a monk, ran around, could not find anybody to kill without an LE in, so left my LE in, tried to find people to Neofrag with and then left the server. THEN I found masturbation much more exciting, and constructive. (And as a note, why did it get edited, if Assman can post about having sex with dead corpses?)

All in all, I doubt I will return to Neptune until the overall population of all servers reaches double digits. Its just gotten so boring in the community with nobody really around :(

vashtyphoon78
19-10-05, 04:12
was runing through MB today and saw a zoneline war again...i was on my LEd tank so i stuck around for a while, and a anti actually said something truthfull...Red = Dead. the best thing ive heard in months. that is how NC should go.

MrTrip
19-10-05, 04:57
Saturn, New Dawn, nuff said.

There was no allied pking, it was Red = Dead, pure and simple.

sultana
19-10-05, 05:55
Saturn, New Dawn, nuff said.

There was no allied pking, it was Red = Dead, pure and simple.
Back then it wasn't red vs. blue.

MrTrip
19-10-05, 09:12

Nope, it was Monk vs Everybody :D Pre-Nerf Hybrids, then after the nerf ND kinda died... :(

Morganth
19-10-05, 09:40

Thats true, that was when you had to be careful who your friends were, because they might be enemies with another of your friends which would cause conflict (which on Saturn was the basis for most PvP :p ).

Damn, miss Saturn :(

Xeno LARD
19-10-05, 10:01
There should've never been that many servers. 1 slot international, 4 slot international. Done. Then get rid of some of those stupid carebear rules.

Kozmos
19-10-05, 14:29
PvP Server Changes:

Starter Apartments are safezones (Everyone then has a safe area from the word go
No LE on the server atall
MC5 Newbie area is Safezone (Can level the first few levels there pretty easily now because of the XP Increase
No other safezones in the game

Soullight Stays as it is (to curb on newb griefing or if someone has limited GR's)
Faction symps start and are locked at 50 in all factions
FSM Access is changed to 50 symp (All can access their factions FSM, reducing the need to spend days findin others to buy you stuff)

Selendor
19-10-05, 14:54
PvP Server Changes:
Instead of finding a constructive way to make PvP flourish on existing servers by, oh, I don't know, working on the Soullight/Sympathy System, creating a universal Neofrag players can enter from their respective cities, or about a dozen other constructive ideas that have passed through these forums, you're making a new server. The amount of wasted time and resources on this new server... for what? So you can remove a few safe zones and let people grief eachother over zone lines to their heart's content?

That is a quote from Fn when the pvp server was announced, and I heartily agreed with it. Its a flawed business decision, as was launching too many servers when Neocron 2 started. You should have had one server and then grown it if Neocron got more popular.

If you search my posts you will also see that I warned KK to be ready for the end of the summer when a lot of people stopped playing. I said they needed to do 5 or 6 big changes that would not be that hard, but they have done little - maybe they have all gone on holiday too.

All I know is that they pulled the populations around by launching Neptune, and now all servers are suffering. I try to log on to Terra but its so depressing, all chat channels quiet, 3 people in Tech Haven, very small clans not op warring enough. Bah, I'll stop posting now as the whole situation is depressing.

Edit - and what is the point of calling it a pvp server when its full of LE's and people who won't drop their primary weapons because they are epic one's! You just end up with a server with easy levelling and the same pvp as before. You had to remove the epic non-drop status to achieve what you wanted.

Crest
19-10-05, 14:55
Remove LE, Introduce the trading island (Everryone has a GR link to it and GR to and from it ) .....

remove all other safe zones .... remove LE's or at least deactivate themat level 40 (Even this is a push) .....

Remove reqs for License keys from all items ... Man I have been spamming for
DRE, FA, TG, TS, and a few other lic keys for about 2 weeks now, and not one person has come back to me ....

Yet I constantly get asked for a Bio chip or a Eye of some kind .... make me think ?.....

Remove faction only items ... introduce smugglers for these (Remember this is supposed to be a PVP server .... why are these role playing elements in it)

One thing I can't gather .... Biotech makes chips .... why wuould they design a chip to use a TS license .... how stupid are they ... .[ edited ]
This is like sleeping with the enemies .... .and on this specific server no one actaully has the symp (Or they have others reasons for not helping .... )

awkward silence
19-10-05, 15:20
[ edited ]

Getting a bit political but i have to say it... probably yes! I mean his daddy taught ozzie the ropes. Aint we all saints :angel: ...or angels?

retr0n
19-10-05, 15:23
[ edited ]

Most likely :)

--

Anyway, the main flaw of the "pvp" server is that there is no room for it in the
codebase, and they have said that they don't want two codebases, well then
they should rework the one they have, because as you say, if this is going to
be a PvP server where you lose your weapon, armor and other things all the time
there needs to be some kind of easy(er) access to those things.

I dont even mind people using epic weapons to fight with so they don't lose their
weapon, i'm there to pvp not to fill my cabs with shit i don't need.

jini
19-10-05, 15:40
There has been a good momentum for Neptune when it started.
Only that, rules werent enough to sustain it. The business decision was right at start, but it also was left alone. They left in in auto mode and server died. This however shows us that (strangely) there is still hope for neocron, there is still a core of trusted players refusing to leave the ship.
Dump Neptune for now, and try salvage what's left on other servers, then solve Neptune again. Put content in, do as FN suggests from this excerpt that selendor show us, do something.

Crest
19-10-05, 15:48
was runing through MB today and saw a zoneline war again...i was on my LEd tank so i stuck around for a while, and a anti actually said something truthfull...Red = Dead. the best thing ive heard in months. that is how NC should go.

Clan on Terra (BD Clan) was RID - Red is dead ....
Then i get told thats not role play .......

But seriously if it werent for the slow drop rates of rares, and the fact that no one gets license keys for me It is taking longer to get my LE out, as i am not ready ...

For Example
My Droner is 350mill points passed capped .... He has (through hard work of my monk and friends monk) got 1 more mc5 riggers tech to get a riggers in Yet he has not got a SRI, cause either guy want some ridiculous amount of cash, or no one has access to the license
200k or 250 k to go inot a fsm, buy 40K worth of parts and hack something .... which is a 500% profit .... Thats a joke .... I would rather create a TS ... run tons of missions (Recycle and focus on this skill as its the quickest) and then buy myself ... and use all the cash from this ....
go into hacknet get 50bps of each item ... 240 licenses and rinse and repeat ..... than ... then i can see someoen say 250K , I can say 150k and still make a profit .....

Currently I sell Batqueen set ofr 100K ... Whish is fair as I can only get 1 set per run and you get arm and chest .... Still cant justify 150k profit for 10 mins work (and thats 10 mins for 50 chips)

BombShell
21-10-05, 08:01
does any old vets remeber the old LE 33% penlties for xp,nc, skills and such

duno but bring bak old nc

appy's and TH should be only safe zones
reason y i said th is for traders noone wants to be poked with a pker shooting them

Animal2
21-10-05, 08:33

duno but bring bak old nc

appy's and TH should be only safe zones
reason y i said th is for traders noone wants to be poked with a pker shooting them

Lol, let me remember how it was. Ah yes, it was not a PKer shooting the one that was poked. It was the poked one that was shooting on the poker after the poker had finished his work. "You are on a pvp server..." were his words.

I think too that there is need of at last one safe place were Trader could meet. I think Penalty of 33% exp would not function. LE out with Base rang 40, 50 or 60 would be the most better way. If i had to decide it would be 60 so everyone get a chance to level up and not be pkd by noobhunters. Killing a lvl 40/50 is much too easy.

BombShell
21-10-05, 08:42
well 33% used to work and we all used to drop rares in the release of retail

i like ur /60 idea only prob someone is goint o complain thay cant cap their pure trade skill. but like anything else remove it and hav 1 safe zone such as TH

Xeno LARD
21-10-05, 10:16
LE should not be an option on neptune. Don't like getting ganked as a noob? DON'T PLAY THE PVP SERVER THEN!!

My opinion.

Scanner Darkly
21-10-05, 15:58
LE should not be an option on neptune. Don't like getting ganked as a noob? DON'T PLAY THE PVP SERVER THEN!!

My opinion.

Yeah imagine the griefing potential! Fantastic...

I would just camp in MC5 and kill everyone coming up from the tubes, kill the server in a day or two. (if I was a terrific asstrumpet).

numb
21-10-05, 16:23

I would just camp in MC5 and kill everyone coming up from the tubes, kill the server in a day or two. (if I was a terrific asstrumpet).

No LE and auto gr to apartment then :)

E. Cryton
21-10-05, 16:55

sure bomb, thats why i pooped my le out as soon as i was ig ... good old times :P ...

Mystic-Crusader
21-10-05, 17:10

The 33& shit should be brought back, back in those days, u had the risk of slower lvling or getting ganked.
This would work with neptune: if u got le in ur lvling speed is same as terra.
that would solve ur problem with ppl just going there to lvl faster.
But i think it should be re-worked for all servers.

But personally i h8ed neptune from the start, it wreaked terra, as previsouly stated, theres no1 decent to fight. I'm sad to say the only pvp i get is at MB and most of that is coz im at war with Doy (the clan: FA) and most of CM h8 me. My tanks BD for those who don't know, i think trauma (or how ever it's spelt) is the most active pro clan i've seen, save the few groups of ACA (the french CA clan)

To go off topic: what the hell is with the french and their no-pa judge pes? db and judge hurts :lol:

BombShell
22-10-05, 05:57
hehe glad to see their was some peeps that remeber that.

i had a CS droped but luckly my freind picked it up during a op fight i was rank ??//47 bak then.

and peeps like starkes had like 5 libs lost a week but he had 5 more to bak it.

and peeps where more considerate when u droped a weapon thay pick it up for u because thay want u to do the same.

and their was more high lvl peeps defending lows at lvling areas.

wut happen to those days i had the most fun bak then

P.S. I still got that CS i droped :D about 1 month after retail started :)

retr0n
22-10-05, 10:05
The problem is, back then there were alot of descent ppl playing this game, for
example, when they killed someone that was obviously a newbie to the game,
they would DM him and give him his weapon back, today, people would DM him
and say "omg pawned n00b!".

That's why it wouldnt work today.

--

I'm not sure penalizing the people using LEs is the right thing to do though, the
problem is not the LE itself, it's the people going to a PvP server only to not
remove the LE even when capped. I dont mind people leveling up with it, but
there should be some auto-removal thingy after a certain lvl.

mehirc
22-10-05, 10:35
The LE is not the problem at all.

What would you have from killing tons of midlevels and noobs? Is that seriously PvP, what a challenge !? :wtf:

If you start on Neptune and don't want to PvP from the beginning, you neither want it when your LE is forced out. But do you really think people start on Neptune thinking of never taking out the LE!? I know nobody that doesn't take out the LE as soon as he has all items and weapons he needs for PvP. And that for the LE is very good.

The real problem is, that there is no motivation to do more PvP than on the other servers. Think about that.

Speedball
22-10-05, 10:57

That's what I think too honestly :rolleyes:

sultana
24-10-05, 15:47
The LE is not the problem at all.

What would you have from killing tons of midlevels and noobs? Is that seriously PvP, what a challenge !? :wtf:

If you start on Neptune and don't want to PvP from the beginning, you neither want it when your LE is forced out. But do you really think people start on Neptune thinking of never taking out the LE!? I know nobody that doesn't take out the LE as soon as he has all items and weapons he needs for PvP. And that for the LE is very good.

The real problem is, that there is no motivation to do more PvP than on the other servers. Think about that.
The LE is the problem though.

Yes, there should still be a LE chip on Neptune, but it should fall/pop after a certain level. And there should be a couple of safezones where it is possible to tradeskill.

At the moment, people are just using Neptune as a faster levelling ground and possibly popping their LE chip if they feel like it. Capped players running around with a LE chip in on a PvP server is just not right.

NeoTrace
25-10-05, 07:50
The real problem:

MARS > ALL :p

*runs*

Asurmen Spec Op
25-10-05, 07:59
The real problem:

MARS > ALL :p

*runs*
8|
Get him boys!

E. Cryton
25-10-05, 14:00
there is one thing i noticed about the servers :
mercury : most nibbish
mars : most ppu addicted / pure f6 slaves
terra : best flames

decide what u want !!!!! :>

Riddle
25-10-05, 14:09
there is one thing i noticed about the servers :
mercury : most nibbish
mars : most ppu addicted / pure f6 slaves
terra : best flames

decide what u want !!!!! :>

there is one thing i noticed about your comment ....No mention of Neptune :lol: It's dead alright, LE killed the PvP server.

Xeno LARD
25-10-05, 14:10

Thats why it's the pvp server. It's full of asshats, but if you play there you gotta deal with em. And if you can't, play a carebear server. Simple as that.

E. Cryton
25-10-05, 14:33
there is one thing i noticed about your comment ....No mention of Neptune :lol: It's dead alright, LE killed the PvP server.
true, no need to say anything about neptune ;).

numb
27-10-05, 12:15
I was on neptune last night, for ages it was at 3%, I think it peaked at 4% when I was on there. I spent a good hour running around to the common spots (MB, CRP, PP3, Battle Dome) looking for a fight, but I found no-one. With those populations, there might've only been 4 or 5 people online without LEs. (this is the UK evening times, 7-11pm).

In the end I found someone to Neofrag with, which was fun for a few hours but it is a bit sad if the only PvP you can get on this server is inside Neofrag.

I like the PvP server ruleset (besides the LE of course), it's a shame it's all gone to waste because of a VERY poor decision at the start by KK.

If things dont pick up in the next week or two, I guess I'll be leaving either for terra or another game.

Riddle
27-10-05, 13:56
I was on neptune last night, for ages it was at 3%, I think it peaked at 4% when I was on there. I spent a good hour running around to the common spots (MB, CRP, PP3, Battle Dome) looking for a fight, but I found no-one. With those populations, there might've only been 4 or 5 people online without LEs. (this is the UK evening times, 7-11pm).

In the end I found someone to Neofrag with, which was fun for a few hours but it is a bit sad if the only PvP you can get on this server is inside Neofrag.

I like the PvP server ruleset (besides the LE of course), it's a shame it's all gone to waste because of a VERY poor decision at the start by KK.

If things dont pick up in the next week or two, I guess I'll be leaving either for terra or another game.

Come to TERRA! more PvP every night now :)

Viper 911
27-10-05, 18:47
i Had Played Right from Beta 4 all the way to neocron 2, and i can tell u the biggest reason for why server pop is down, its simple, the payment methods, i play with a clan who play Guildwars and Wow, and they really want to play neocron to see what it has to offer but they wont have a look coz the payment methods are completely rubbish, its simple really get paypal, and watch server pop grow with happy customers, but will it ever happen.... unlikely, which is a huge shame! :(

Crest
28-10-05, 09:45
i Had Played Right from Beta 4 all the way to neocron 2, and i can tell u the biggest reason for why server pop is down, its simple, the payment methods, i play with a clan who play Guildwars and Wow, and they really want to play neocron to see what it has to offer but they wont have a look coz the payment methods are completely rubbish, its simple really get paypal, and watch server pop grow with happy customers, but will it ever happen.... unlikely, which is a huge shame! :(

I not playd guildwars or WOW, but I played anarchy - which offers a free playing period of forever, has multiple expansion packs out, and has content .... but you are not forced to play those, you can just play the standard game .....
The community can contribute ... how many cool mods out of game are there that work with this game ....... How alive are there realms and their forums .... If it had a good pvp setup then NC would be no more

I play BF2 (PVP supliment) and it costs initial outlay, no monthly maint, and the community can contribute. How big is its support based .... BF2 was able to build on strengths of 1942 .... and they have done so well ..... NC was ok, about 7/10 for me .... Nc2 , for pure lack of direction, or progress .... = 4/10

To think the dev team had 3 years to work on this, after the first year at least they had promised it ...... and TBH .... NC 1 with its player models was still better .....
Peopl who pay moeny expect value ..... If I was a 14yr old, and got a small monthly allowance which would I choose .... Anarchy - free all the way, BF2 with its intial investment, Neocron with no one on, and bugged to helll .....

How would you rate NC 2 value for maoney compared with other titles ?

Asurmen Spec Op
28-10-05, 14:13
I not playd guildwars or WOW, but I played anarchy - which offers a free playing period of forever, has multiple expansion packs out, and has content .... but you are not forced to play those, you can just play the standard game .....
The community can contribute ... how many cool mods out of game are there that work with this game ....... How alive are there realms and their forums .... If it had a good pvp setup then NC would be no more

I play BF2 (PVP supliment) and it costs initial outlay, no monthly maint, and the community can contribute. How big is its support based .... BF2 was able to build on strengths of 1942 .... and they have done so well ..... NC was ok, about 7/10 for me .... Nc2 , for pure lack of direction, or progress .... = 4/10

To think the dev team had 3 years to work on this, after the first year at least they had promised it ...... and TBH .... NC 1 with its player models was still better .....
Peopl who pay moeny expect value ..... If I was a 14yr old, and got a small monthly allowance which would I choose .... Anarchy - free all the way, BF2 with its intial investment, Neocron with no one on, and bugged to helll .....

How would you rate NC 2 value for maoney compared with other titles ?
lmao, you do know that BF2 doesnt have to pay for servers right???

and god, if AO had good pvp it wouldnt beat NC, beacuase that game blows

Crest
28-10-05, 14:37
lmao, you do know that BF2 doesnt have to pay for servers right???

BF2 have a few servers of their own, rest are hosted ... hmmm ... seems the community are involved in the game hmmm ..... not like another game I can think of, where anything community does, including change look and feel, is a bannable offence ....

and god, if AO had good pvp it wouldnt beat NC, beacuase that game blows
If AO had good PVP then ... possible ....it would be good.....
A few of my friends have ditched NC for anarchy RP game, where its free and you can level as much as you want .... then for a variation BF2 for PVP

So thats a total outlay of BF2 ....costs .... and that sums it up ......

Also BF2 just release a new patch ... with a few new maps .... that equates to free content ...since no one pays a sub.....
Anarchy consitantly brings out content, not only for their pqay for expansions, but also for their free base version .... Plus there is variation in that you have several different expansions, with own content, and independant of each other .....

Market is ever so more competitive with new alternatives .... Neocron is not really offering any new, that has not been around for 4 years ... .and I am tired of hearing about the Niche market thing .... NC is in a Nich market - sounds like Not only does our product not draw in the runners, bu we have a label for it .....

NC is in competition with what is ever more becoming a overcrowded market, where quality, content and value for money is what will split the leaders from the rest ....

Most people here stay becuase they hope something happens, and have done so for years .... People leave, come back spend a month and leave again .... thats not stable ....

If it wasnt for the fact of investing time (which i dont have) in other games .... I would be else where .... Right now I can log on any server grab a character and go kill someone ... or die trying ... Sounds a little like BF2 to me ....

Tratos
28-10-05, 14:47
lets see.....who runs BF2......EA Games?......and Neocron.....ReaKKtor....

Huge difference in man power and finance dude, you seem to be having a great time trolling today and im sure your fullstop key is going to hate you soon from over use.

If you dont like it.

Dont play it.

Crest
28-10-05, 16:02
[ edited ]

funkeymonkey
29-10-05, 12:47
it possible neptunes pop will increase gradually, being a new server and all?

numb
29-10-05, 13:00
it possible neptunes pop will increase gradually, being a new server and all?

I think that's unlikely. In order to increase the population, I think KK will need to make quite big adjustments to the existing ruleset, to make people want to try it out so the population is higher and remove the LE. Seems like a lot of damage has been done already though, judging by overall populations across all the servers, people who revisited NC to try out neptune have stopped playing completely.

Asurmen Spec Op
29-10-05, 19:13
BF2 have a few servers of their own, rest are hosted ... hmmm ... seems the community are involved in the game hmmm ..... not like another game I can think of, where anything community does, including change look and feel, is a bannable offence ....

If AO had good PVP then ... possible ....it would be good.....
A few of my friends have ditched NC for anarchy RP game, where its free and you can level as much as you want .... then for a variation BF2 for PVP

So thats a total outlay of BF2 ....costs .... and that sums it up ......

Also BF2 just release a new patch ... with a few new maps .... that equates to free content ...since no one pays a sub.....
Anarchy consitantly brings out content, not only for their pqay for expansions, but also for their free base version .... Plus there is variation in that you have several different expansions, with own content, and independant of each other .....

Market is ever so more competitive with new alternatives .... Neocron is not really offering any new, that has not been around for 4 years ... .and I am tired of hearing about the Niche market thing .... NC is in a Nich market - sounds like Not only does our product not draw in the runners, bu we have a label for it .....

NC is in competition with what is ever more becoming a overcrowded market, where quality, content and value for money is what will split the leaders from the rest ....

Most people here stay becuase they hope something happens, and have done so for years .... People leave, come back spend a month and leave again .... thats not stable ....

If it wasnt for the fact of investing time (which i dont have) in other games .... I would be else where .... Right now I can log on any server grab a character and go kill someone ... or die trying ... Sounds a little like BF2 to me ....
You REALLY have NO idea how much MMO server are more then FPS server?

Honestly man, you compare EA games to Reakktor and are SUPPRISED

Yet KK can atleast add a patch with small bonuses without causing major memory leaks, to bad EA cant say the same.

Morganth
29-10-05, 20:12
Yet KK can atleast add a patch with small bonuses without causing major memory leaks, to bad EA cant say the same.

Bollocks, KK's patch was called NC2, and look what it did to the game. Killed it.

Asurmen Spec Op
29-10-05, 20:18
Bollocks, KK's patch was called NC2, and look what it did to the game. Killed it.

but ti did more good things then EAs shitty first patch.

Scanner Darkly
29-10-05, 22:59

I really wish KK would take notice of this, it has been requested over and over.

Most likely their hands are tied by whatever deal 10tacle entered in with Click2Pay and PayByCash, which probably guarantees them exclusivity contractually.

There are a lot of far out ideas tossed around these boards, but introducing another mode of payment, one that millions of people are and have been using around the world for years would only make COMMON SENSE.

Sorry buddy, but I just don't think KK can. As they have stated many times, they think of their product as a "niche game" with only a small number of customers. It's almost like they would feel bad if their game became SUCCESSFUL and made them money.

Maybe Reakktor is just a tax sink/dummy corporation for whatever dark forces operate behind the attractive umbrella of 10tc. Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not out t

sultana
31-10-05, 08:39
NC2 Open Beta to NC2 Retail.

Still don't really know what went wrong there.

ZoVoS
31-10-05, 09:05
no le's

turn all of TH into a safe zone but make it, 1 way in, 1 way out... and make the way in and way out different sides of th to prevent zone horing

as this wont happen. neptune will be a graveyard before long

funkeymonkey
31-10-05, 10:39
is there a chance of kk closeing the server and moveing all the chars to another if the populations stay so low or get worse?

NeoTrace
31-10-05, 10:56
what we need:

+ GER 1 SLOT SERVER (MARS)
+ INT 1 SLOT SERVER (NEPT, LIKE PLUTO)
+ INT 4 SLOT SERVER (TERRA)

MERCURY?...... who cares MERCURY?! :p

naimex
31-10-05, 12:59

Ye and it was funny as hell..

but did make things a lot more complex to explain...

Ryen
31-10-05, 14:29
is there a chance of kk closeing the server and moveing all the chars to another if the populations stay so low or get worse?

I don't know why they just don't buy one much more powerful server and have that as the only server. Atleast then it will appear as more people playing.

Nidhogg
31-10-05, 14:47
If you think that a Neocron world such as Terra runs on a single machine then you're way off-base. ;) The last time I checked, each world ran on nine high-spec machines (6 world servers plus 3 world-specific infrastructure machines) with a further two global infrastructure machines that are shared across all worlds. We're talking 38 machines each with 1-2GB RAM, dual redundant Gb ethernet links, the works. There's a massive difference between running a Neocron world and your typical FPS server.

N

Kozmos
31-10-05, 15:19
If you think that a Neocron world such as Terra runs on a single machine then you're way off-base. ;) The last time I checked, each world ran on nine high-spec machines (6 world servers plus 3 world-specific infrastructure machines) with a further two global infrastructure machines that are shared across all worlds. We're talking 38 machines each with 1-2GB RAM, dual redundant Gb ethernet links, the works. There's a massive difference between running a Neocron world and your typical FPS server.

N

somethin some people are too ignorant to accept is the major difference between a fps and nc
yes nc's 'advertised' as a mmo(rpg)fps or whatever, yet lets take CS for example

you have gun that deals out X damage and Y ROF
the target has set health total, and either has armour, or no armour, and that doesent effect damage recieved, just how much total can be recieved, just adds to HP basically.
other than those theres no variables other than if it hits or misses basically

in NC you have all the stats underneath, the targets runspeed will differ, so it works that out
when shooting, it works out what your damage output is, and what the rate of fire is, this differs from char to char. This can differ aswell from ammo types, checking which mods are installed on the gun used and which type of ammo is being used due to the mods installed
then determines how many individual shots hit
once hit, it decides the location
Once its determined hits, it checks resists, armour, total hitpoints and current hitpoints of the target and deals the damage recieved (This is where bouncy health kicks in ;), does the damage then adjusts for the resists)
Then it works out if legs/chest/head are blacked out and adjusts runspeed on all clients that can see that char.

CS is like playing a twitch based rock/paper/scisors, NC is a hell of alot more complex

Kame
31-10-05, 20:59
Maybe Reakktor is just a tax sink/dummy corporation for whatever dark forces operate behind the attractive umbrella of 10tc. Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not out t

i know what u mean, a lot of companies in the construction biz do some kind of fraud like that, or close to it.

but then if this is what KK does then why can we still play NC ?

if they did that for real NC wouldnt even exist on the real, just on paper.

cmon the reason why KK continues to supply us with NC is because they LIKE IT THEMSELVES, maybe.

wouldnt that make more sense ??

Asurmen Spec Op
31-10-05, 21:25

N
EXACTLY NIDD!

Ryen
31-10-05, 23:30

N

My overall point still stands. Although I honestly have to thank you for telling me this, since I didn't have a clue NC ran on server software this advanced.

Anyway, back to the point. I still suggest a centralized world to make the player count seem vastly increased. Let's do a little math here.

If I remember correctly, 1% = 10 people, therefore.

21+4+16+8 = 49% on a single server. Thats 490 people. That's a proper population count for a game with a world as big as neocrons. Infact, it should be even higher.

Anyway, I relize KK probably won't do this, I just would really like to see it. The number one complaint with the game is the lack of players. The second is the terrible grind. Neither of which I have a major problem with, or else I wouldn't be playing. I do wish that neocron had the mr.jones quests more often than just at the very start of the game.

ZoVoS
01-11-05, 07:49
oh is that all nid... i could host about half a world on my home set up of 6 pcs then :angel: (pitty not one of them has a decent graphics card... but hey u dont need that for hosting :D)
(OHOH and when i finaly move into the new flat we will have another 3 pc's) (we all now have uber high spec laptops aswell as base units :D)

:D i could host my own mmorpg :D

damit im gona start coding

u think kk would mind me stealing nc's story n erm callses and modules n stuf :D coming up with ideas is boooooring

Nidhogg
01-11-05, 11:34
You've got the Gigabit Ethernet backbone then? MMORPG's need a lot of bandwidth. ;)

N

ZoVoS
01-11-05, 12:02
You've got the Gigabit Ethernet backbone then? MMORPG's need a lot of bandwidth. ;)

N

a whatchamacall it :S i just downgraded my interweb

i have a 1gig lan all my lan cards (in the desktops anyway... they were realy cheap) are 1000 so is my router... BUT hosting on a 512kb connection may be a little bit of a problem there XD

the computers can talk to each other uber fast but it would be like 100 fat ppl trying to pour into burgerking at the same time if they tryed to talk to anybody over the internet :p

Bozz-Von Mel
01-11-05, 16:18
CS is like playing a twitch based rock/paper/scisors, NC is a hell of alot more complex

Good point Kozmos. One of the reasons I like NC is because of its lower populations. We don't have 18,000 people bogging down the servers. I have always been impressed with the PvP and the way the game tracked damage on two people half the world apart. The worst PvP was always in overcrowded zones in which lag started to affect my feedback. On the flipside, 1-5% does suck. The biggest complaint I have ever had about NC is payment method. (The only reason I am not currently playing, but perhaps a factor in lower populations.)

Ryen
01-11-05, 16:50

N

ROFLLMAOLOL YA RITE I HST A LINAGE 2 SERVA ON MY 100 BAUD!

The biggest complaint I have ever had about NC is payment method. (The only reason I am not currently playing, but perhaps a factor in lower populations.)

There are plenty of people who I know that would play neocron if it weren't for Click2Pay. If Rekktor can come up with some kind of alternative (Paypal, something, anything) then the populations will rise dramatically.

Kame
01-11-05, 16:57
lineage looks horrible