Publisher: CDV Software Entertainment
Release date: november , 2004
Genre: MMORPG
Game modes: Multiplayer
ESRB rating: Mature
ELSPA rating: 11+
Platform: Windows
Media: CD
System requirements: Pentium II CPU, 64MB RAM, Internet access, graphics card wtf !!!!!!!!! :confused:
Input: Keyboard, mouse ''

anyone think that they could play nc on this, as i my pc setup atm is

3.0 g p4 s775 :cool:
1g of ddr2 :cool:
x800xt graphics :cool:
and 2mb internet :cool:

i still get only get 'ok' frames in the 55 < 60 range without ff and without fighting

numb
18-10-05, 14:33
It'll probably load with those specs :) Cant imagine how exactly you can do anything with just 64mb of ram. 2 zonelines and it'll all be lost to memory leaks.

commerzgandalf
18-10-05, 14:35
i got
2,66 ghz Pentium
768 mb ddr ram
readeon 9800 pro

90 frames+ (non fighting [city walk])

i think something is wrong on your PC ^^

BTT
i thing the one how has a system (like req) even dont think about playng anything :)

-=Jismo=-
18-10-05, 14:38
i think my cpu is a bit unstable runing at 76 dgrees c

but i tryed to play on my m8s labtop with about twice those system reqs
and . . . . . 3 - 5 fps looking at a wall

Nidhogg
18-10-05, 14:53
They're minimum requirements to run the game. You might struggle in an op war but there'd be nothing stopping you being the best constructor, for example. I think it's refreshing to see a game that doesn't impose ridiculous technical requirements in order to play.

N

vashtyphoon78
18-10-05, 15:00
i only have 64mb of ram :D

retr0n
18-10-05, 15:02
I think it's refreshing to see a game that doesn't impose ridiculous technical requirements in order to play.

N

I'm sorry, bunch of crap actually.
You may have low requirments for starting client.exe, but you also deliver lower
quality, so you have "rediculous" ammounts for the quality we get.

Demental
18-10-05, 15:03
I got a 3.4 ghz cpu and 1 gig of ddr ram with a nvidia 6400 gt pro pci express card. I get 'ok' FPS for about an hour then the memory leaks sink in and i'm lucky to survive any PVP fights. It gets SO choppy after that, but sometimes i'm 'lucky' and it goes to 0 FPS mid-pvp and I get ********** since i'm unable to move O_o I dont see why the game eats so many resources, and memory it's on an old engine and not using the most graphic intensive models or anything. I can run any new FPS or MMORPG just fine completely maxed settings and it only uses about 40% of my resources but neocron takes em all :(

Skusty
18-10-05, 15:31
Hey i played nc2 with 10 - 20 fps in opfight with 1.5 P4, 640 MB ram, GF2Mx440 and 38gb Maxtorharddrive and first i had ADSL 56KBS now i got 10mbit fiber :p

-=Jismo=-
18-10-05, 16:01
no wonder the gm's completely failed at the pvp event,
i bet they hav the ' recommended systems requirements' :lol:

i that the nc2 box should say that the better your pc the better and the more enjoyment u will get from the game. :angel:

Nidhogg
18-10-05, 16:41
I'm sorry, bunch of crap actually.
You may have low requirments for starting client.exe, but you also deliver lower
quality, so you have "rediculous" ammounts for the quality we get.
It's not a bunch of crap at all or I wouldn't have posted it. I played Neocron for almost two years with an 800MHz processor, 128 MB and a 32MB ATI rage pro graphics card. If I hadn't enjoyed that time I wouldn't be here now (even though I spent 12 months of that time going blind whenever I had a tree at my back ;) ). Of course you're going to get a pretty low-level experience from those minimum requirements, that's obvious.

N

Brammers
18-10-05, 17:28
Well the requirements to play Neocron 2 are different on 2 game sites I have found so far. From play.com (http://www.play.com/play247.asp?pa=search&searchtype=allproducts&searchstring=neocron+2&page=search#tech) and from Game (http://shop.game.net/ViewProduct.aspx?cat=10&mid=325866).

Minimum Specifications:
MS Windows 95B/98/ME/2000/XP
1.4GHz CPU
256 MB RAM
DirectX compatible graphics card with 32 MB
DirectX compatible sound card
1.7 GB free hard disk space
56.6K Modem Internet connection

To me that spec looks more realistic for Neocron 2. That spec in the top post looks like the specs for Neocron 1.

Now has anyone got a scan of a back of a NC2 box?

Terayon
18-10-05, 18:00
I used to play nc1 with a terrable system, pretty much nids but with a gf2mx instead.... and i wish i could go back to those times. I remember my first time in the wastelands with literaly 2 fps until i found forcefog. Then i traveled with full force fog everywhere. I didnt even know what a hoverbomber was for months.

Ive run nc2 on a tnt2 and onboard graphics and i would agree with those min specs exept for the fact that i got these memory hiccups every few seconds. Other then that it ran well considering.

Hah, good luck finding someone who actualy has the nc2 box.

Nidhogg
18-10-05, 18:02
Officially the requirements are:

Minimum:

Windows 95B/98/ME/2000/XP, 1.4GHz CPU, 256 MB RAM, DirectX video card with 32MB, DirectX sound card, 1.7GB disk space and a 56.6k modem

Recommended:

Windows XP, 2.6 GHz CPU, 512MB RAM, DirectX video card with 128MB, DirectX sound card, 1.7GB disk space and a broadband connection.

These are the only figures that we will stand by and can not be held responsible for figures published elsewhere on the internet.

N

Skusty
18-10-05, 20:59
Officially the requirements are:

Minimum:

Windows 95B/98/ME/2000/XP, 1.4GHz CPU, 256 MB RAM, DirectX video card with 32MB, DirectX sound card, 1.7GB disk space and a 56.6k modem

N
Thats what Brammers just posted :rolleyes:

Paper Dragon
18-10-05, 21:07
Thats what Brammers just posted :rolleyes:

Brammers was quoting from third-party websites, Nidhogg was giving the official requirements so they could be confirmed.

Seraphin[69]
18-10-05, 21:18
With 1GB ram I have memory issue (need to restart NC) and with 512MB on my laptop I have the message : you are low on memory blablabla are you sure you want to start the game ?

That's funny ^^

-=Jismo=-
19-10-05, 00:48
It's not a bunch of crap at all or I wouldn't have posted it. I played Neocron for almost two years with an 800MHz processor, 128 MB and a 32MB ATI rage pro graphics card. If I hadn't enjoyed that time I wouldn't be here now
N

i am sorry but , hahahaha :lol:
your must have hurt after that , as i said in my post eariler, gm's have the 'best' pc's
surely kk would 'donate' you one of there spare pc's if u where living that bad
i mean i would even try and use paint on that :lol:

aKe`cj
19-10-05, 02:28
I run NC2 @ 1280x1024 16bit // dx7 on this setup:

AMD Duron 1.1Ghz (comparable to an Athlon @900Mhz'ish)
Geforce2mx 64MB (small sis of the geforce2 series)
1024 MB DDR200
and a slowish 7.2k RPM Harddrive (slow = fat32)

...its certainly not a decent performance for NC, but it does the job and I can PvP ok @5-25 frames... monks for teh win!
OP Fights are a no-no tho ... as frames drop to 0-5 fps :eek:

i am sorry but , hahahaha
your must have hurt after that , as i said in my post eariler, gm's have the 'best' pc's
surely kk would 'donate' you one of there spare pc's if u where living that bad
i mean i would even try and use paint on that

Amusing thing is, no matter how fast the technological race keeps on going ... the limiting factor of most systems out there is always the person in front of the screen...

Hah, good luck finding someone who actualy has the nc2 box.
<-- :angel:
In germany they are being sold in large stacks at retailers right now.. for as low as 5 euros.

Whitestuff
19-10-05, 06:58
They're minimum requirements to run the game. You might struggle in an op war but there'd be nothing stopping you being the best constructor, for example. I think it's refreshing to see a game that doesn't impose ridiculous technical requirements in order to play.

N

Yeah. Ok.

It'll probably load with those specs Cant imagine how exactly you can do anything with just 64mb of ram. 2 zonelines and it'll all be lost to memory leaks.

This statement very true. Except: you wouldn't make it to a zone line.

I haven't played Neocron in almost 8 months and have seen no evidence that it has gotten better, so I am fully confident when I post this.

I was running a 1.8Ghz AMD, 1.25Gb DDR400, 128MB FX5200, 3MB Cable. I got 32 Frames staring at the floor in Plaza 1. 15-19 in OP battles. Now, my PC ran other games of better quality fine. And truthfully, during the NC2 beta, I got hella good framerates of like 80+ no problem, until the last patch before live that introduced all of the STILL existent memory leaks and FPS problems. Come on guys. Thos system specs wouldn't run the internet connection you would need for NC2, much less the game itself.

I am now running a 2.2Ghz AMD64, 1Gb of DDR400 Dual Channel, 256 MB Geforce6800 Ultra PCIEx and the same internet connection. I bet I would get somewhere between 45-60 FPS in NC2, when I top HL2 out at 185fps and Doom3 at 135-140fps in heavy action. The engine you have for NC is crazy inefficient and buggy. And I don't know how you still have people having to restart NC after an hour because of memory leaks. Memory leaks that big can't be too difficult to find. And what amazes me is that those leaks were introduced in one patch! And if it isn't a few large memory leaks, then I applaud you for adding that many (it has to be a massive number to produce 16-48Mb of memory leaked per zoning) in one patch.

So, in short, those specs won't run a copy of NC2 that would be playable. Not even if you were pure tradeskilling. Not that you could level up doing just tradeskilling without any kind of combat at all from the very beginning.

IceStorm
19-10-05, 07:38
They're minimum requirements to run the game. You might struggle in an op war but there'd be nothing stopping you being the best constructor, for example. I think it's refreshing to see a game that doesn't impose ridiculous technical requirements in order to play.You've got to be kidding.

I play NC on three different systems. The main box is detailed in my .sig (and you'll note I use SP1 under XP, not SP2. That's because of NC and NC alone). The secondary box is a P4 2.4B with 1GB of RAM and a 9800XT. The third box is my dual 2.8Ghz Xeon with 2GB of memory and a Matrox Millennium P750 (64MB, 32MB per display).

NC runs fine on my 3.2 with XP SP1. I have to restart the client every couple of hours, though, because it leaks memory like a sieve.

NC runs ok on my 2.4B with W2K SP4, but that's only after adding another 512MB of RAM. Before, when the box only had 512MB of RAM (and mind you, this box doesn't run ANYTHING ELSE), I got a message stating I was low on memory about every other time I started the client.

NC barely runs on my dual Xeon. Fullscreen mode crashes the client. Windowed mode works, but the gamma's not adjustable so I can't see what I'm doing and the client STILL sucks up RAM like an Electrolux vacuum. Few things push my dual Xeon into paging file space. NC is one of them.

Yeah, you can "play" NC with less than 1GB of memory, but the client has a tendency to crash badly when zoning or playing with inventory when memory is low. And exiting gracefully? Half the time I crash when exiting the client when I'm knee deep in disk swap territory. There's a reason some people use Alt-F4 to exit the client.

I'm sorry, but NC's requirements when it comes to memory are ridiculous. Hopefully the next thing the bugfixer dev works on is figuring out how to get the client to release memory when it's not been used for a while...

-=Jismo=-
19-10-05, 09:58
You've got to be kidding.

Yeah, you can "play" NC with less than 1GB of memory, but the client has a tendency to crash badly when zoning or playing with inventory when memory is low. And exiting gracefully? Half the time I crash when exiting the client when I'm knee deep in disk swap territory. There's a reason some people use Alt-F4 to exit the client.

my m8 zeroblaze runs and op fights with 128 mb of basic ram

please feel sorry for him u next see him

and his nc dosent crash constantly but does lag ALot

IceStorm
19-10-05, 10:21
and his nc dosent crash constantlyI didn't say the client crashes constantly. It does, however, crash on exit fairly frequently when disk swapping is going full-tilt. It also has a tendency to crash when zoning or manipulating inventory when swapping like mad.
but does lag ALotThat would be Window's memory manager swapping out the pieces of NC required by the client. His hard disk is probably churning constantly while in-game.

Shanira
19-10-05, 17:45
NC barely runs on my dual Xeon. Fullscreen mode crashes the client. Windowed mode works, but the gamma's not adjustable so I can't see what I'm doing and the client STILL sucks up RAM like an Electrolux vacuum. Few things push my dual Xeon into paging file space. NC is one of them.
Gamma hardly ever works for games in windowed mode, unless they're doing their gamma corrections in a very odd manner. Gamma is a function of the entire screen or "desktop". If Neocron runs in fullscreen mode, it has access to these variables, if it runs in windowed it does not because it's not running in Fullscreen Exclusive Mode which gives it, you guessed it, exclusive control. In windowed mode it's running in Cooperative Mode, which means there may be multiple visible windows at a time doing graphical operations, having 3 windowed games at once mucking with gamma would create odd and unpredictable, possibly fatal results.

Now with the techy bits out of the way, the way to fix your gamma in windowed mode is to take the one program that does have exclusive rights, which is your desktop advanced settings. Most cards have an option somewhere to adjust gamma: you use that instead.

Scanner Darkly
19-10-05, 18:15
So, in short, those specs won't run a copy of NC2 that would be playable. Not even if you were pure tradeskilling. Not that you could level up doing just tradeskilling without any kind of combat at all from the very beginning.

Not to be a devil's advocate, but I leveled my tradeskiller (resser/repper) from scratch only doing tradeskilling missions and A LOT of research. XP gain for tradeskillers seems a lot better than NC1. So technically you can do non combat stuff with a crappy PC, but it would be a horrible nightmare dragging things around at 8 fps (as I sometimes do on my laptop P4 1.6GHz 256ram and a retarded gfx card that makes nc almost unplayable).

Asurmen Spec Op
19-10-05, 19:42
Ive ran NC on my reallly crappy old laptop. wich barely meets the specs

IceStorm
19-10-05, 20:22
Now with the techy bits out of the wayI'm aware of how to set gamma on the desktop. Matrox apparently doesn't provide a gamma adjustment, unlike ATI and nVidia.

Whitestuff
19-10-05, 23:31
Not to be a devil's advocate, but I leveled my tradeskiller (resser/repper) from scratch only doing tradeskilling missions and A LOT of research. XP gain for tradeskillers seems a lot better than NC1. So technically you can do non combat stuff with a crappy PC, but it would be a horrible nightmare dragging things around at 8 fps (as I sometimes do on my laptop P4 1.6GHz 256ram and a retarded gfx card that makes nc almost unplayable).

Yeah, but could you imagine 1)going through MC5, 2)zoning to your apartment, 3)zoning to the ground floor, 4)getting the supplies required to tradeskill, 5)zoning to where your missions take you....

On the first quoted system specs, that's already 3 restarts that would take DAYS because of how long it would take to start the client once, not to mention 3 times.

Now with the updated specs that Nid posted, I could see you playing the game some, but still with the memory leaks and the like, it wouldn't be a picnic even on those minimum requirements.

-=Jismo=-
20-10-05, 10:07
i realy dont see how neocron can use so much system resources with little intense graphics it has i mean, my old 2ghz p4 ran at 100% constat playing nc, and now my new 3.2 gp4 still runs at 100%, and it uses 1.5 gig of ddr2 which the reduces due to mem leaks

kk should buy a new graphic's engine as is really making it as hard and as expencive as posible to play, needing such high spec pc's to even try and get high 50+ fps in t a op fight

numb
20-10-05, 11:07
The memory leaks dont happen in directx7 mode. I dont like playing it though because my PE frequently loses a large portion of his body (floating head!) due to some graphic bug there. It's a shame really, because in dx7 my reveller actually has a gun model, I dont get those stupid lines from my cursor to mobs/vhcs and I can check out my fine self in the mirror in my apartment.

I think currently, if I play for a whole evening I get about 3 in game fatals, have to restart NC 4 to 5 times and get a fatal most of the times I logout/close client. It's not very good, it was better for me in NC1.