PDA

View Full Version : Furniture

Mystic-Crusader
18-10-05, 08:37
Don't know about others, but im enjoying decorating my apts. So many things r missing tho....

I look around, even in the shops that sell furniture, and there are items that i can't buy.
- city center plant shop contains; mushrooms, crystals , flowers, walls, swamp cave entrance (don't know about that) but i'd love to buy some of them.
- bd sector shop and sector 4 have carpets placed.

the most buy, the projected signs.
- have the specific faction projections given from a suppler in that specific faction hq. Like a FSM but it require less symp, say 50-60.
- other signs like the cross for medicare, most wanted signs.
- have peronalisable signs. Buy from traders. Have three sizes, small, medium and large.
- Small having say 2 lines of words with not much width.
- medium having 5 lines twice the width
- large having about 10 lines with 5 times the width
This can be used for anything really, (placeable in the apt only, maybe ur ops too) rude words, funny gests, sets of rules if any1 follows RP with their apt, etc etc.

An idea from a friend.
- Have a frame seller, who sells picture frames of different sizes.
- not sure how u'd do this but allow runners to put their screen shots into the frame.

In other words don't half do a job, introduce everything (possible) for apt decoration.

-=Jismo=-
18-10-05, 14:35
agreed

vashtyphoon78
18-10-05, 15:02
great ideas it would be awsome if these were implemented

Riddle
18-10-05, 15:11
If only half the ideas on the forum ended up in game it would be Awesome!

Good ideas i'm all for personalising both appy's and chars. :D

cloud_kicker
18-10-05, 15:21
I wish they would put more objects in to decorate our apartments
would really like to see the torches in the crahn hq.

Clive tombstone
18-10-05, 18:09
Hell, Id like it if you could actually "use" a bed, like actually lay down in one, that would be cool. Yah and I totally agree with whats said above, with also some items like the paintings you find in the desert bars and the TG canyon 2nd apt. Anouther nice thing to ad would be a wider array of "electronics" for your house such as

-Radio or Hi-Fi (you know maybe only plays one ambient song but thats selectable whebn buying the Radio or Hi-Fi
-TV's-Same deal as with above, cept images and sound is different.

"somewhat non electronics"

-Ceiling Fans- Just because some time you want some circulation in your apartment hehe.
Car and weapons (And/or parts)-Like in my last clan we had some Motor cycles actually mounted in our Clan Apt. Dont ask me how, but it looked awsome. It would be great if weapons, ammo, and cars could be purchased for a room.
-And last but certainly not least, Bathroom stuff :D

dunno if Im going off topic, but just throwing my hat in I guess.

PEace out

Mystic-Crusader
18-10-05, 18:46
agree with clive, it is ment to be the future right? :lol:

Tho i would like them to make it easier to place things on walls before they made more wall mounted things.

Scanner Darkly
19-10-05, 18:20
I think these would all be welcome additions. Our clan apartment has a little bit of space left on our spacious DoY roof garden and some of these would sure brigthen it up.

Clive tombstone
20-10-05, 09:13
Paintings would be nice as well.
-Coke (err warbot cola) machines
-And maybe not to sound wierd, some kitchen stuff. I know it sounds a little bleh, but it looked pretty good in the (unmentionable game "wink wink")

Scanner Darkly
21-10-05, 20:35
-And maybe not to sound wierd, some kitchen stuff. I know it sounds a little bleh, but it looked pretty good in the (unmentionable game "wink wink")

The Sims?

More RP items of any kind I think are welcome, since variety is the life of spice, or something.

extant
25-10-05, 20:30
At the price of current furniture I think that it's time to make it blueprintable and buildable, to help aide the economy, and add another aspect of the game.. Real Estate. Barterer's are already the one's who can sell the apartments, but what about the furniture? It all has to be store bought which is quiet pricey I might add. Definitally a good way to make money if your bored, or save money since it's something everyone needs, but most people don't buy because of the outrageous store prices.

nightwind
26-10-05, 00:49
i dont know about u but when ever i am in game there is always some one at the furniture shop in nc when i pass by it persionally i think being able to make furniture would take out a large percentage of a barters usefulness

Kame
26-10-05, 19:25
Good point,

The wall furnitures also are tricky.

You should also be able to buy/hire certain sellers for ur apt, like parts, chems and ammo.

StevenJ
26-10-05, 19:41
With regard the frames idea, I was thinking this the other day. I'm guessing that you could just specify an image URL that the frame contains (as NC is kinda Internet-aware... sometimes ;) ) so it would be loaded each time someone went into an app. This would prevent everyone having to download every image that EVERYONE ever had as they'd just be grabbed on the fly.

If the image failed, so what? It could just become one of those scrolling text things. The bandwidth demand would be on the client not the servers (aside from a small url for each frame), and KK wouldn't have to host (potentially) copyright infringing material on their servers.

That said, I know nothing of NC's architecture and what may seem simple (or do-able) to us could be affected by a million other game-engine factors.