PDA

View Full Version : My MC5 Weekend

Crest
17-10-05, 12:53
So the weekend comes and we do MC5 ....

Firstly a Hybrid comes through and demands us (PPU / APU) combo to pay him 2 e parts for the right to hunt MC5 ..... He is Pro City so I say something like ....
Yeah sure ctrip done naked , come into Doy City center bend over and I shove em up your ass ....

He did not like my response (i wonder why) and then shielded commander and kept pushing the APU .... eventualy after run, we went outside, he follows and sat and watched him ... about 3 minutes later he logs (got bored, fucause I just got back with my lunch when he logged)......

Straight after he logs .... a ppu apu team log on (Seemed to be well timed) ... .We shoot back in and have done a bit of damage when they party crash .....

Now My APU seems to lag a little in their (Like he starts to sync inside for no reason, so he must log and all) This happens again and he must log meaning we loosed rights to commander , at the same time he relogs his machine crashes (Only happens with NC on the rare occassion) ... So now we have no chance of getting commander ... My APU logs back on and the other APU is dead again ..... My APU finishes off the commander .... so the other PPU makes a run for it while My APU zones ... The PPU cant open commander as he does not have rights ... but pulls everyone elses agro .... Gives me a chance to sit and click and open commander .... for what I feel was ours .....

I wish my story ends there (After we established they were not linked to the hybrid griefer, I helped them in a run ... as the PPU was really battling and 10 minutes into their run and the APU had done no damage .....

So we come back next day and there is a spy doing (From wat i can see) ligitimate hunting ..... I take a few snaps just incase ..... And We have a quick chat ....

I say my APU will be back soon ..... and I zone .... About 15 minutes later we walk in and spy is gone .... room has Commander with about 3% life left .... so we finish him off, zone and get next run going when the spy comes back and starts complaining cause he wants his MC5 part .... He tells us he wont let us hunt and so on .... he is pushing APU and so the story goes .... We both zone, go back and apu cast a barrel on himslef .... so SPY thinks the room is aggro on APU and starts pushing again ... APU side steps and spy falls down...and with the entire room shooting him ... Not to say he is dead ....

A few things with MC5
1) WTF with the zone in run and it repositions you back at the door.
2) Mebbe the gaurds should be vissable when you zone in, common this is buoll ... APU zones in, long zone and he is dead ... I zone in .... Run behind wall ... check for gaurds cant see any so I start to rezz .... I am dead ... wait , wait and then the gaurds only appear , one in the corner
3) Mebbe we should be able to see all the shots ... I pop my head out and not one gaurd is shooting yet I take damage .... I do this again ... 3 times .. I can see all 4 gaurds and yet I cannot see which bugger is shooting me .....

Riddle
17-10-05, 13:21
Man thats sux, some people are just asshats tbh.

In my experience of MC5 me and a Tank mostly (on my PPU) is that people are willing to either help with run and share parts or do alternate runs.

On the odd occassion I have found Twats :rolleyes: usually from the same Clan tbh, thinking they have all rights and just give aggro till one team either dies or you get bored and leave.

In fact on one occassion this hassleing lasted a full 25 mins in which time we could have had probably got 1 part each FFS.

Unfortunately this game does have several idiots who are tbh probably the same guyz who run through noob areas killing everything so nibs get bugger all !

My only advice....Kill them if they are not willing to share :D generally works for us :p

sultana
17-10-05, 13:36
1) WTF with the zone in run and it repositions you back at the door.
You've probably heard this already, but turning on v-synch and/or running in fullscreen mode fixed this problem for me, and also a few others.

2) Mebbe the gaurds should be vissable when you zone in, common this is buoll ... APU zones in, long zone and he is dead ... I zone in .... Run behind wall ... check for gaurds cant see any so I start to rezz .... I am dead ... wait , wait and then the gaurds only appear , one in the corner
I don't think there's much of a chance of fixing this, though it does seem to take a little while longer for the guards to load/synch in compared with other places (and considering its size).

3) Mebbe we should be able to see all the shots ... I pop my head out and not one gaurd is shooting yet I take damage .... I do this again ... 3 times .. I can see all 4 gaurds and yet I cannot see which bugger is shooting me .....
Just another bug :rolleyes:

Happens with all the copbots/ca guards aswell. I guess it's cause when the weapon doesn't register a hit, no animation appears on your screen, even though server side you are being shot. Or something along those lines.

Scanner Darkly
17-10-05, 13:48
MC5, all in all considered = worst designed, conceived and executed map/game area in game, and it has been like this since it got introduced (the removal of the backroom and glass being the only alterations to try and fix all the problems).

My guess is we're stuck with it.

awkward silence
17-10-05, 15:56
MC5 needs a rework... like HN... like Doy tunnels... like Woc... they havent even made the zoo ingame. Many places like the old pepper pub, one of the old clubs and many oz/ind a places (ie oz 7) are closed. Perhaps for good. Lets face the fact that contentwise this game is a beta. MC5 just an example.

Bugs Gunny
17-10-05, 16:32
MC5 :
It's been around a very long time, had so many bugged [ edited ] "issues" that they went all "butcher" on it.
What's left is a patched up buggy thing which has no real depth, and pvm wise is rather boring.

Some would say this aplies to more than just mc5........

LiL T
17-10-05, 17:19
Well what you do is leave right and come back with some clan buddys and keel everyone inside MC5 :) if they got LE in well not much you can do. Unless they start griefing you by trying to stop you from doing your run, then simply report them ..

Nidhogg
17-10-05, 17:23
Another one gets a 2 day ban. Please think before posting.

N

CMaster
17-10-05, 17:36
[ edited - I'm laying really heavy hints here but some people are still not getting it. In answer to your question, no, that's the whole point. ]

RogerRamjet
17-10-05, 17:40
[ edited ]

I dont think they want people getting tips.

awkward silence
17-10-05, 17:42
ta ta ta tadadada tata ta... And another one down, another one down, and ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST... ta ta ta tadadada tata ta.

CMaster
17-10-05, 17:42
[ edited ]

LiL T
17-10-05, 17:43
[ edited ]

Its like this

someone sees one person doing something and that person posts in the forums and then you get alot of other people doing it..

Paper Dragon
17-10-05, 17:48
[ edited ]

It isn't so much as people saying "there's exploits", there's people saying such things as "there's exploits involving (insert NPCs/locations here)". Give people the smallest hint and enough time, and they can twig onto what the exploit actually is without being explicitly told what it is.

LiL T
17-10-05, 17:53
I'm sure the GM's are watching people in the game like they allways have done <3 we can expect mass banings of peoples account and 'certain' locations getting shutdown for months :rolleyes: and 'certain' items becomming stupidly expensive :rolleyes:

Skusty
17-10-05, 17:55
[ edited ]
Then mail it to exploits@neocron.com ... i think it is the right address or its exploit@neocron.com...

awkward silence
17-10-05, 18:01
i cant afford to exe poet since im one of the very few that has a warning. Do many others... NO! Fix em ingame! And stop people talking about them ingame. Dont tell people to behave ingame and not go harras people with les on. Make it so that they cant. Dont tell people to fuck off places they cant reach. Dont let em get there in the first place...duh

Got my point?

Nidhogg
17-10-05, 18:14
I know this is painful right now but that's because we've been lax in enforcing this rule over the last few months.

Change the subject, prefarably back to the one in the first post.

N

Riddle
17-10-05, 19:30
Nids Back! and the Ban hammer is busy ;)

You guys gotta realise whilst the highest equipment(MC5 Chips) are available at only one location people will annoy, harass and kill you to hunt there :(

You either gotta fight back or move on till a quieter time.

One thing WOW had that was good was "instaances" tbh your own version of MC5 when you enter the door then no hassle just you v's the guards :D

nobby
17-10-05, 19:32
If you want no trouble with being pushed....

Be a Droner! :p

Toxen
17-10-05, 20:10
[ edited ]

Regardless of whether or not you like the new policy on exploit discussion, it is in place for a reason - Lodar.

Kame
17-10-05, 21:01
i personnaly droned most of my MC5s, and if some retard was tard enough to push me to my death, i would log the PE and go all the way just to gank em.

if u plan on MC5ing any other way then SOLO Droner my opinion is ur wasting ur time.

solling
23-10-05, 15:35
mc5 used to work just fine with the glas walls and all and the back room working and no godamn invisible walls now there is boxes invisible walls that u get stuck on etc etc

i wish they would jsut make mc5 like it was when they just made it fun instead of this mess there is now

Seraphin[69]
23-10-05, 16:58
I went to MC5 2 days ago, and invisible walls are a pain (you can't play in 3rd view because you can't target your teamate)

But that appart, it's just easy to farm parts...

LiL T
23-10-05, 17:33
Instead of making it so stupidly hard for people too solo :mad: why don't they just make mobs that are crazy to kill drop them FFS, I remeber going there with my PE befor they changed it and I could at least zone into that room and re-enter the zone attack boss zone repeat. If you want to make something hard to get them just put them in a zone with few things to hide behind, a few hills here and there for the PE/SPY to dash behind. Then you won't get people using drones and other methods of easy kill and I did not use the bannable word... but so you know I don't give a shit cos MC5 to me is impossible as a PE. I'll never get an MC5 chip anyway, I hate playing as tanks/monks so getting one is gonna be pretty fucking hard eh ..

retr0n
23-10-05, 18:43
I hate playing as tanks/monks so getting one is gonna be pretty fucking hard eh ..

The standard comment to that I believe is that you could make the money and
buy the parts or the complete chip, wich is kind of silly since MC5 is suppose to
count as high level content, but the only high level content my PE can do is kill
low(er) level mobs over and over untill I have enough money to buy the items
obtained at those high level areas where there is no room for a PE.

There should not be one MC5 room for all chips, there should be several rooms
depending on what imp you want, but then comes the problem that farming SA's
with ppu/apu would be to easy. Make it part of a quest maybe, based on class,
so that apu/ppu can't farm for them, but PEs could solo for it. That way everybody
could get their own chip.

LiL T
23-10-05, 18:58
The standard comment to that I believe is that you could make the money and
buy the parts or the complete chip, wich is kind of silly since MC5 is suppose to
count as high level content, but the only high level content my PE can do is kill
low(er) level mobs over and over untill I have enough money to buy the items
obtained at those high level areas where there is no room for a PE.

There should not be one MC5 room for all chips, there should be several rooms
depending on what imp you want, but then comes the problem that farming SA's
with ppu/apu would be to easy. Make it part of a quest maybe, based on class,
so that apu/ppu can't farm for them, but PEs could solo for it. That way everybody
could get their own chip.

I like that idea but your right people would farm it but after a while all PE's will have there SA's and all monks would have DS etc.I refuse to pay these idoits trying to sell MC5 for over 10 million come on wtf.. you don't have much marketing skill do you ... I could make a shit load more than you if I could farm them simply by selling alot more per day for cheaper.

oh well guess there the lamers

Crest
24-10-05, 09:55
Weekend and we completed 10 runs of MC5 and without incident with a dying server and all.....

Here is the interesting one .....

My Apu (friend) and Ppu (Me) both log off for a snack....He logs his apu firts when I get back he has farmed 1 tech from mobs without dying and without PPU damage boost .....

He says he was lucky cause they did not shoot him once (as he did not have any medi's)

A second highlite was ... Fully capping my PPU Int. Yes I know .... extra increase in Exp gain and all .... Still goes to show though .....
I am level 1 woc on my PPU in Psi and have just capped my Int ....
Apu is a little further ahead with psi and 5 levels behind on Int .... comeone ..... how can it be this bad .....

Last thing I was able to do ... log on my second machine, and complete a MC5 run 2 machines with me solo ..... but it wasn't easy ..... Learnt a few things so the 30 mins should come down to about 10-15 (I hope)

We do MC5 so we can get the chips we need to fight you little critters .... I recon once I got all the MC5 chips I need (Sa, Riggers and DS) my PPU will prob go hybrid or pure apu ..... or create a spot for a spy or soemthing .....

Crest
25-10-05, 09:50
New day, new post (Soz mods cant edit previous one ....)

[ edited - remember the whole 2 day temp ban thing? ]

NexusPlexus
25-10-05, 12:19
New day, new post (Soz mods cant edit previous one ....)

[ edited - remember the whole 2 day temp ban thing? ]

Has these forums become a joke ... guy says something like some one cheated and was reported (No details of how, or when)...

Does KK punish people who report Cheaters ? Is that what its about ....

@Crest Dm ME in game and let me know if KK does anything to the actual cheat ..... (Jamies in game name).

My money is that the cheat gets away, while some one standing ground gets punished ... Nice one KK

Nidhogg
25-10-05, 12:23
We don't like it when you break the forum rules. The rules are crystal clear on how you should report exploiters and posting it here is not an option. If you break this particular rule after every warning I've given over the last week or so then you deserve everything you get. I'm not messing around here.

If you wish to continue this discussion, please PM me.

N

NexusPlexus
25-10-05, 12:38
We don't like it when you break the forum rules. The rules are crystal clear on how you should report exploiters and posting it here is not an option. If you break this particular rule after every warning I've given over the last week or so then you deserve everything you get. I'm not messing around here.

If you wish to continue this discussion, please PM me.

N

Direct me to which rule again ?
From what I saw ..saying someone was cheating, is breaking the rule ?
Or detailing how ?

You have a PM none the less

Nidhogg
25-10-05, 12:58
From the Neocron Rules of Conduct:
15) You will not exploit any bug in the NEOCRON product or the NEOCRON Service to gain unfair advantage in the game and you will not communicate the existence of any such bug (either directly or through public posting) to any other user of the NEOCRON Service.
From the Neocron forum rules:
Severe or repeated breaches of the forum rules may result in a forum ban. ... Examples of serious breaches are racist or homophobic remarks, posting evidence of hacks or exploits...
One last rule:
If you have a question concerning the moderation of the boards or a problem with a particular post or poster you can email the moderators of that forum. ... Please do not try to discuss your personal problems you may have with other community members (including moderators) on the forums.
Now please get back to the topic of the thread. Again, anyone can PM me to discuss points of order and I'll be happy to do so.

N

NexusPlexus
25-10-05, 13:14
[ edited - I won't ask you nicely again. ]

Nidhogg
25-10-05, 20:05
Has these forums become a joke ... guy says something like some one cheated and was reported (No details of how, or when)...

Does KK punish people who report Cheaters ? Is that what its about ....

@Crest Dm ME in game and let me know if KK does anything to the actual cheat ..... (Jamies in game name).

My money is that the cheat gets away, while some one standing ground gets punished ... Nice one KK
I'm really slow today. Hello, Crest. You know they say it's a sign of madness to talk about yourself in the third person.

N

/edit - the two days starts again from now.

Crest
28-10-05, 09:29
I'm really slow today.
Hmmm Need i say more

You know they say it's a sign of madness to talk about yourself in the third person
There is this concept, it appears in a limited form in NC, some other games have it too .... its Called role play ... see here I am playing a non feature seeking good guy

Question Nid, off topic ofcourse ....

Nid you not leveling up a droner are you .....

Nidhogg
28-10-05, 10:41
Role play, yes of course. Some would call it ban evasion which could land you in trouble. By some, I mean me.

There's also a concept of bumping an old thread with spam. Thread closed.

N