PDA

View Full Version : My client's totally broken

El Jimben
14-10-05, 19:52
I played from about 6:30 to 11PM last nite without any hiccups or fatals or anything. Then I alt+F4 to get some free mem and to put some more songs on my playlist. Every single time I try to connect to the game I get a fatal and this has happened at least 25 times. I can get into the launcher, click resume/enter but then when the 'connecting to server' message comes up, it just dies :mad: This is hella wank tbh as I've only just started playing again!

Also I noticed last nite that my launcher window (where it says important news etc) was totally blank but today it has the normal info in it. Anyone else having similar problems or that can suggest a remedy?

Nidhogg
14-10-05, 22:12
Try deleting the folder with the name of the server you're trying to connect to out of the /defs folder and re-attempting to connect. Don't worry about the launcher news - we had a little hiccup with it last night but it won't be affecting your connection.

I've lost count of the number of times I've asked people not to dump out of the game using ALT-F4...

N

Paper Dragon
14-10-05, 22:14
Probably goes without saying, but I'd really advise against using ALT+F4 in the future. Best to close the game down the "normal way"; less chance of something messing up along the way. My old computer absolutely despised me doing that, and my computer would chug to heck if I did it.

El Jimben
14-10-05, 22:38
I've lost count of the number of times I've asked people not to dump out of the game using ALT-F4...

N

It was jesterthegreat, he told me to do it :lol: Well I tried deleting what u said (Neptune) and same thing happened, FRE. Tried connecting to Terra too, though I hadn't deleted the folder from /defs, FRE.

Strangely enough though, since my last post, I decided to try running it in DX7 just on a whim and it works fine. Look crappy though. I've got no idea why it's decided to not let me play in DX9 after absolutely ages though. Suggestions? Reinstall NC?

Nidhogg
14-10-05, 22:44
Worth a try.

N

Mr Kot
14-10-05, 22:47
Reinstall sounds like your best option

Tratos
15-10-05, 11:27
Try and file check before you reinstall, if theres shit loads of broken files, reinstall if theres only a few just let that go through and see if it brings it back to life.

Scanner Darkly
16-10-05, 01:54
Try deleting the folder with the name of the server you're trying to connect to out of the /defs folder and re-attempting to connect. Don't worry about the launcher news - we had a little hiccup with it last night but it won't be affecting your connection.

N

O_ops, I used to do this all the time. I guess I got lucky nothing got broken :cool: