PDA

View Full Version : Amphidextrine/Iceflash

CMaster
14-10-05, 18:51
Whats the deal with these? You have to do a mission that invlove treking around the swamps. THen you get a 10 minute drug (with 5 uses) that all it does is give +4 con. Seeing as con is not a req on anything importnat, just what is the point? I think we were alle xpecting a drug like Beast - +5 mainskill, then + some subskills with 10 minute duration. As it is, the drug just isnt worth taking or aquiring.

Dribble Joy
14-10-05, 19:01
The runs work now?

CMaster
14-10-05, 19:06
yes, it was an undocumented patch change a little back. THey don't work quite (as I imagine) they are intended though. Both runs are identical, the only difference is the name of the drug you get at the end.

Argent
14-10-05, 19:17
Both runs are identical, the only difference is the name of the drug you get at the end.

That alone suggests that the drugs are not yet finalized, hold your horses and wait a couple of patches....

CMaster
14-10-05, 19:40
I disagree. The drugs are identical to avoiod more "shafted NC" comments. The differnt names just reflect Protopharms sceitnficness and BD's backstreet marketing.

Kozmos
14-10-05, 19:49
they should be a 10 min drug

+5 Con
+25 BodyHealth
+25 Endurance
+5 Fir/Enr/Xra/Psn or something like that

CMaster
14-10-05, 19:49
eh, 4th effect should be a negative.

Kozmos
14-10-05, 19:57
eh, 4th effect should be a negative.

Not all drugs have a negative

And as this is a quest item that you can only run once, I dont think it can be recycled either so imo there shouldnt be negatives

Heavyporker
14-10-05, 20:58
WHAT?!?! An ONE_TIME acquirable drug that crappy?!

A fucking sin, frankly. I don't care that you get 5 uses out of it. +4 CON is essentially CRAP.

Even a +5 all resists would be more useful!

CMaster
14-10-05, 21:08
You can run the quest as many times as you like, I think. Its just a reativley high-effort way of getting a drug.

Dribble Joy
14-10-05, 21:36
Remember that balance needs to come into the equation.

Unless they want everyone using it, it either has to be shit, or give considerable disadvantages to the bonuses gained.

Mr Kot
14-10-05, 23:00
+5 Con
+25 BodyHealth
+25 Endurance
+5 Fir/Enr/Xra/Psn or something like that

More like:
+5 Con
+25 BodyHealth
+25 Endurance
-10 Fir/Enr/Xrr/Por

Anything that gives health reduces resists and vice versa. Compare with filter hearts and experimental hearts.

Possibly a bonus to athletics too? Discuss.

ZoVoS
14-10-05, 23:09
higher con adds to all resistance

Argent
14-10-05, 23:59
I disagree. The drugs are identical to avoiod more "shafted NC" comments. The differnt names just reflect Protopharms sceitnficness and BD's backstreet marketing.

Ah, true. I mistakenly was remembering that both missions started at DoY, my bad.

Mr Kot
15-10-05, 00:11
higher con adds to all resistance
since when?

ZoVoS
15-10-05, 00:52
since forever hasnt it???

just like str adds to force resist???

i though it has since back in nc1 :S

maby im wrong... any lil ol mods conferm or deny it?

Lodar
15-10-05, 01:29
maby im wrong... any lil ol mods conferm or deny it?

Certainly can...

http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=118196

Look under physical resists....or if you can't be bothered looking it up...

Physical Resists:

Resist Force/Pierce:
Skill Factors involved: 1.0(100%) FOR

Resist Fire:
Skill Factors involved: 1.0(100%) FIR

Resist Energy:
Skill Factors involved: 1.0(100%) ENR

Resist X-Ray:
Skill Factors involved: 1.0(100%) XRR

Resist Poison:
Skill Factors involved: 1.0(100%) POR

Lodar

Dribble Joy
15-10-05, 01:39
Con only affects hp.

ZoVoS
15-10-05, 02:15
though con effected sumthing that wasnt just requirmnets... always though it was resist though =\

ta lodar

Kozmos
15-10-05, 05:30
it effects your base HP slightly

Scanner Darkly
15-10-05, 08:23
Thaks for clearing this up Lodar, I thought I entered the Twilight Zone for a minute.

Also there's no need to sign your posts, we know who you are.

Yours truly,

Lodar

Original monk
15-10-05, 09:26
reading those names, the resemblance with rl drugs is there tbh

Heavyporker
15-10-05, 21:12
You know, wouldn't it be awesome if CON *did* add to resist %s?

Like 0.1*CON adds to all resists.

RogerRamjet
15-10-05, 22:10
You know, wouldn't it be awesome if CON *did* add to resist %s?

Like 0.1*CON adds to all resists.

Would be a cool generic tank thing. 0.01% innate resists every CON lvl :D

Heavyporker
15-10-05, 22:13
Exactly, Roger.

Toxen
17-10-05, 01:12
This was brought up long way back in patch 131 then it went on till 135 with the quest been told it would be fixed every next patch till one patch it was, and then I bitched about the drug and it didn't receive much attention.

-FN-
17-10-05, 08:35
Have CON influence resists!? Are you MAD!???

Then tanks would have uber resists and be ultimate fighting machines! And Spies and Monks would be totally frail! And PEs would be in the middle of the road, having to rely on their TL25 Shelter!!!!oneoneone

Oh. Wait. That would be totally fucking awesome, my bad.

sultana
17-10-05, 09:14
Total Armour Resist Caps at 76% (200)

Most tanks already hit that in at least one resist, usually energy, being the most common damage type.

Most Pe's get something along the lines of 71% (125) in the energy/xray/fire part, and somewhere between 73% to 76% (150-200) in force, not that matters, seeing as force resist seems to have little effect on the damage you take (post 80ish in str).

So I can't see it making a huge difference :rolleyes:

-=Jismo=-
17-10-05, 15:47
iceflash, given the name should be the 'rare version of redflash and white flash.
such as nightshade is the rare version of the str drugs where it give +10 str and 35 agl and meele compared to xstrong and beast.

iceflash should give +8 /10 dex with + 35 agl and +20 ath while giving some - like -15 psi use and or - 20 veh or wpl

that would give lce flash a perpose,
but that would alow for slasher tanks :wtf:
and a ppu using some over powered weapons and high tech pes running insanely fast insane run speed.

but hay thats what a good drug should do :D

Dribble Joy
17-10-05, 16:12
The resist/armour system doesn't really need changing, the current selection and reqs for the armours availiable allready make tanks, PEs, monks and to a degree spies, as they should be.

Not to say there aren't problems, but that's due to other factors (such as spy PA, PPUs, etc.).

LTA
17-10-05, 18:34
Have CON influence resists!? Are you MAD!???

Then tanks would have uber resists and be ultimate fighting machines! And Spies and Monks would be totally frail! And PEs would be in the middle of the road, having to rely on their TL25 Shelter!!!!oneoneone

Oh. Wait. That would be totally fucking awesome, my bad.

yeh or at least tanks could naturally take a pasting like they were created to do resist in a way could be done so that the need for a shelter/deflect would be purely for pvm purposes.

The only class that has its armour values right is the apu high damage shit offense, tanks should be high Defense, high dmg (but dealt at a slower rate) pes bit of a in between, med def med off use psi to up each a bit.
Spies high offense low defense with aids such as lesser ppu and tech gizmos and ppus... dunno high def (no shelt/def bearing in mind here) shit offense.

Tanks should naturally soak up what a sheltered tank soaks up now, APU shouldnt really soak any damage at all, sheltered/deflected or not, having high Offense like that should mean he starts shattin bricks when bullets head his way.

i cant be arsed to finish the rest of the post yet

Dribble Joy
17-10-05, 18:43
We can't lets what tanks are 'meant' to be get in the way of PVP balance, nor any other class.

Each class should be equal in effectiveness, but cater for a different style.
Ie. PEs: Highest defence, lowest offence. APUs: Highest offence, lowest defence. With tanks, spies and hybrids between the two extremes..

Toxen
17-10-05, 20:12
Don't forget a dragonfly can own us all

QuakCow
17-10-05, 21:26
i still would like to see some tech "gizmos" that could give a spy a ppusih ability to a limited extent (like nanobots or something like that)

but i do believe giving tanks more natural defense and lessing the ppu effect on them would be nice (if thats even possible to have foreign cast power determined by character class)