PDA

View Full Version : Neocron Evol. 2.1 Gatling Gun Shots

Thanatos
13-10-05, 15:00
These shots show the new models of the Gatling Gun family, which will be part of the Neocron Evolution 2.1 upgrade.

http://entry.neocron.com/news/GatlingFamily1.jpg
http://entry.neocron.com/news/GatlingFamily2.jpg
http://entry.neocron.com/news/GatlingFamily3.jpg
http://entry.neocron.com/news/GatlingFamily4.jpg

And a few more vegetation shots:

http://entry.neocron.com/news/veg1.jpg
http://entry.neocron.com/news/veg2.jpg
http://entry.neocron.com/news/veg3.jpg
http://entry.neocron.com/news/veg4.jpg

nobby
13-10-05, 15:02
Nice ! :)

WOOT FIRST POST!

Riddle
13-10-05, 15:02
Nice very nice.

Still concerned about the veg boost effect on FPS though.

Just that veg looks far to good!

Asurmen Spec Op
13-10-05, 15:04
Oh my god oh my god oh my god

Splooge of awsome

commerzgandalf
13-10-05, 15:22
wow super

i like them
:D

vashtyphoon78
13-10-05, 15:27

if they look like this ingame and everything looks like these screenys ur pumping out i sware to Reza i will hunt down every GM and sex him for 3 hours.

(EDIT @ that vegetation)

i hope were getting new mob models cause those mobs look like crap up next to that uber vegetation, which means were gonna need better player models too,if were not gonna stick out like sore thumbs in all that veg...

commerzgandalf
13-10-05, 15:42
and if the player models get an overdo
we maybe get sunglasses and so on :D

really

i dont think so

Heavyporker
13-10-05, 16:05
Oh, my fucking Crahn... MOSS-COVERED BOULDERS! YES!!!! Totally kickass!

Gatling family seems nice... but I actually kinda liked the current gatling cannons we had because their design makes sense when you think about the kickback of that much RoF...

and where's the gatling pistol? Or are you guys keeping it the way it is?

You know, these guns look really.... clean.. compared to the current "rustiness" of the gats...

Skusty
13-10-05, 16:08
Sexy! :D

Brammers
13-10-05, 16:12
I've always wondered how a top constructor produces rusty weapons!

The gat looks top notch, and anyone with a gat is going to look like he means business.

A question, some of the NPC's use Gat cannons. (Beggars in the old Black Dragon HQ) will they get the new gat models as well?

Clive tombstone
13-10-05, 16:19
Hol-E-Crap, VERY nice new Gatling line. I cant wait to use my speedgat with that *grins* hehe, the gatling pistol even looks like it could work in real life :D

PS-New vegies look very nice as well.!

PEace out

Jagrfelm
13-10-05, 16:28
Now THOSE Things really DO look like Gatlings.
Definitely positive. :cool:

RogerRamjet
13-10-05, 16:41
Holy Shit

giga191
13-10-05, 16:43
I've always wondered how a top constructor produces rusty weapons! using rusty metal

[TgR]KILLER
13-10-05, 16:58
yea very nice new line of gatlins. might get one for my pe now :p

J J
13-10-05, 17:47
Apologies if this has been answered to the extent many people want but can we please have a definitive word from someone who is in a position to comment on how the new vegetation is going to be affected by the player options.

ie are people going to be simply able to turn it off, and more importantly if they're not how is this going to affect FPS? It's great that you're making all this new vegetation, it looks awesome but if the option to turn it off is there, everyone will and all that effort will have gone to waste because the world will simply look as it does now.

If on the other hand everyone is forced to use the same level of vegetation (which would be great as it would mean people can use vegetation as cover) and it decimates half the players FPS to a point where the game is unplayable (thinking op fights where the majority of people's FPS is getting close to the limit already) then it's gonna kill the game as the populations at the moment just cannot take another mass exodus.

I'm not being negative here, I'm really impressed with the new models and textures, but I'd really like some clarification as to how its going to affect the game instead of another 'look how pretty we can draw' post.

Mystic-Crusader
13-10-05, 17:52
very nice.

Few questions.

-Gatlin rares gona come out with this? (atleast rifle/pistol seeing speedie is the cannon, or have the cm epic as a choice like the tt one?)
- All the shots so far r of moutain/grass lands, are the deserts going upgraded and the north west sectors around MB?
I agree with the mob and player models r going to look out of place with these new graphics, but it will just give them something to aim for afterwards, one thing at a time. (PLZ DON'T RUSH!!)

Can't wait to see the other range of weapons that r coming out, hope they all look as uber.

@ at J J's comment, simple thing would be to ask the person who took the shots, if he could move.

CMaster
13-10-05, 17:56
http://entry.neocron.com/news/veg1.jpg
If you go down to the woods to day, you are in for a big (replicant flavoured) suprise.

Odin
13-10-05, 18:06
Apologies if this has been answered to the extent many people want but can we please have a definitive word from someone who is in a position to comment on how the new vegetation is going to be affected by the player options.

ie are people going to be simply able to turn it off, and more importantly if they're not how is this going to affect FPS? It's great that you're making all this new vegetation, it looks awesome but if the option to turn it off is there, everyone will and all that effort will have gone to waste because the world will simply look as it does now.

If on the other hand everyone is forced to use the same level of vegetation (which would be great as it would mean people can use vegetation as cover) and it decimates half the players FPS to a point where the game is unplayable (thinking op fights where the majority of people's FPS is getting close to the limit already) then it's gonna kill the game as the populations at the moment just cannot take another mass exodus.

I'm not being negative here, I'm really impressed with the new models and textures, but I'd really like some clarification as to how its going to affect the game instead of another 'look how pretty we can draw' post.

Already been answered. Please search back to some of Ratboy's prior comments. I'm also attempting to get a more organized 'thought' on the topic from the Dev's.

Terayon
13-10-05, 19:09
Sooo much better! Any chance of some ingame shots?

Oh, also could neocron do bumpmapping?

Tratos
13-10-05, 19:18
The three new gats look amazing, i cant wait for Logos to be weilding the biggest of the lot when this hits the game :D

@ Heavy, the pistol is on those pics,lol

El Jimben
13-10-05, 19:41
What is this Neocron evolution 2.1 of which you speak?

Seven
13-10-05, 20:28
Those enhancements are a nice improvement.

Vryce
13-10-05, 20:39
Oh, my fucking Crahn... MOSS-COVERED BOULDERS! YES!!!! Totally kickass!

Couldn't have said it better, nice addition.

@ Heavy, I think the small one's the pistol. ;)

Serious_Sam
13-10-05, 22:05
It all looks shinier and everything, but will it work? These are alot of changes being made, how many sync errors per minute can we expect to have?

In anycase, does anyone have an ETA for this upgrade?

giga191
13-10-05, 22:19
Official statement plz: Are they actually going to change anything about the graphical engine with NC2.1? and if don't you want to tell us for sure, is it a possibility at all?

hmm, i wonder what the non-graphical department are working on :)

landofcake
13-10-05, 22:35
That looks ... really good ... let's just have a rare line of gatling weapons ... please !!!

Tratos
13-10-05, 23:24
Seems NC is constantly on MMORPG now.

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm?loadNews=3800&fp=1024,768,863214156,20051013172404

Asurmen Spec Op
13-10-05, 23:31
linky no work

Nidhogg
13-10-05, 23:44
Official statement plz: Are they actually going to change anything about the graphical engine with NC2.1? and if don't you want to tell us for sure, is it a possibility at all?

hmm, i wonder what the non-graphical department are working on :)
As Odin said, search back for Ratboy's recent posts for your answers.

N

naimex
13-10-05, 23:48
<3 it

QuakCow
14-10-05, 00:00
id hug you guys but im nowhere near you, this is awesome

vashtyphoon78
14-10-05, 00:06
another post...the Gat Cannon now looks like a actual friggen cannon...looks like it could shoot rockets out of those huge barrels ;) *cough idea cough*

LaZyBoY
14-10-05, 05:35
its looks good ^^

Scanner Darkly
14-10-05, 10:05
Nice models guys.

As to the great Ratboy post search, are these the posts you are referring to?

Player Shops: I think another .Plan-File already told you whats going to happen.
Forced Vegetation: The new Veg. is forced - you will not be able to use the old one anymore. Itīs not only tree replacement - its much more.
But you will be able to scale the itensity. What exactly will be scaleable is not decided yet.

Well - we are working on a lot of things at this time. The Terrain, the improvements on a visual and a performance level. Its impossible to tell you at this point how much the new terrain will slow down (or raise) the performance. It will take some more time till we can give you numbers. But the way things look at this time the new Terrain will not slow you down to 0 frames

I got nothin'

Dargeshaad
14-10-05, 18:14
Looks decent all things considered

Kozmos
14-10-05, 18:52
wheee nice looks like they fixed water so it doesent look like mercury

Obsidian X
14-10-05, 20:14
Looks good, lets see a rare gatlin pistol now :D

naimex
14-10-05, 21:06
Looks good, lets see a rare gatlin pistol now :D

???

http://entry.neocron.com/news/GatlingFamily2.jpg

whats wrong with the thing to the far right?

QuakCow
14-10-05, 21:07
erm..i believe hes asking for a swirly gat pistol (which we lack now)

Dribble Joy
14-10-05, 22:27
The spitfire is good enough :p.

Terayon
14-10-05, 22:36
Anyone else notice how the barrels on these are about as big as the rocket launchers? :eek:

Asurmen Spec Op
14-10-05, 22:51
Anyone else notice how the barrels on these are about as big as the rocket launchers? :eek:
Bigger bullets are goood

darkservent
15-10-05, 00:22
Bigger bullets are goood

Cannon one looks odd still. And someone please point us back to ratboys post having some troubles searching for it.

ZoVoS
15-10-05, 00:48
why does teh cannon only have 3 barrels...

giga191
15-10-05, 01:53
Anyone else notice how the barrels on these are about as big as the rocket launchers? :eek: can't really say that since you don't know the scale of the guns

Breakaway
15-10-05, 04:38
will these new weapon skins only be seen in first person mode?

Clive tombstone
15-10-05, 05:17
Why not three barrels? The gat cannons located on a Apache Helecopter have only three barrels (as far as I remember). I think the three big barrels make it a bit more "flak cannon" ish but I find that very cool sounding :D

Kozmos
15-10-05, 05:33
Doesent look like the cannon will be shoulder mounted :D

vashtyphoon78
15-10-05, 05:42
it kinda does but kinda doesnt =/ i dunno how you would get it on ur shoulder but i dont know how you would use it like a rifle or something..

QuakCow
15-10-05, 10:25
er...the gat cannon has its little notch for the shoulder, so i believe it is shoulder held/mounted/whatever like the rest of the hc weps

Tratos
15-10-05, 11:17
er...the gat cannon has its little notch for the shoulder, so i believe it is shoulder held/mounted/whatever like the rest of the hc weps

Ya, i noticed that, deffinetly a shoulder mount near the back.

Heavyporker
15-10-05, 16:03
I do like these new gats....

BUT... I still do like the old gat models. They were cool and fun. Keep them at least for the NPCs and maybe lower-level versions? Like the "street", "unlabeled", and "rusty" versions?

paolo escobar
15-10-05, 20:07
nice gat weapon models, i'm really feeling the sexy new look. Hopefully one day there will be a rare gat rifle/pistol/cannon aswell.

as for the new veg, hmmmmmm lush!

am currently spec'ing up my new system based entirely around playing neocron. all the other shit i use it for is a secondary concern.

Heavyporker
15-10-05, 21:15
Then, Paolo...

go for as much CPU power as you can get, and get GeForce instead of Radeon ATI, since Neocron relies more on CPU than vid card, and Neocron likes GeForce more than Radeon.

Also, don't forget to look at your swap file's size.

RogerRamjet
15-10-05, 21:35
Also, don't forget to look at your swap file's size.

I wanna change that, how do I?

Scanner Darkly
16-10-05, 01:08
I wanna change that, how do I?
right click My Computer select Properties>Advanced>

click Settings next to Performance> Advanced Tab here as well.

select Virutal memory: you can adjust the amount of that here.

http://www.sdarkly.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/nc/vmemory.jpg

RogerRamjet
16-10-05, 13:03
What can i set it to, im using a half gig of ram if that helps?

Heavyporker
16-10-05, 18:49
You need to set swap file size to about 1.5x of RAM, normally.

For some people, 3x the size of RAM for swap file size helps in running Neocron.

RogerRamjet
16-10-05, 19:46
so i should set it for 1500?

Bozz-Von Mel
16-10-05, 20:04
I love the vegatation. Please tell me it can't be turned off. I am gonna feel rather silly spending an hour sneaking around when someone can simply turn vegy off and see me.

QuakCow
16-10-05, 20:13
ive spent the last few days when veg on 3/4 or 1/3, and it hasnt hit my fps too much (been cruising the wastes and whatnot)

new veg is gunna be awesome, nothing quite like the feeling of sitting in the grass blowing the shit outa something

RogerRamjet
16-10-05, 20:18
new veg is gunna be awesome, nothing quite like the feeling of sitting in the grass blowing the shit outa something

You should rephrase that, incase any FETISH are around :D

Hell-demon
16-10-05, 20:20
ok can we expect this stuff soon or by xmas or 2006?

QuakCow
16-10-05, 20:21
yea, i thought about rephrasing it....but i didnt feel like putting in the effort :lol:

i thought they said this stuff was coming around/near end of the year...or maybe im imagining things

Terayon
17-10-05, 05:47
can't really say that since you don't know the scale of the guns
Not exactly, but i know the scale accurately enough to say that.

Asurmen Spec Op
17-10-05, 06:02
You should rephrase that, incase any FETISH are around :D
*plays the batman theme song*

Assman!!!!!!!!!!

Fero
17-10-05, 07:32
i hope all guns will be redone ... all rifles need a facelift.
any ETA on first patch with goodies ?
Please post pictures with alt+f enabled :) .... um seriously please :cool:

Kame
17-10-05, 14:43
Cannon is bigger, so allows for more complex mechanism (read:better engine for faster runnin barrel)

Xeno LARD
18-10-05, 07:49
Sweet.

Now why do those guns look best, which got no rare version?
:(

solling
18-10-05, 10:10
everything looks GREAT but i cant but wonder what effect that vegetation will have on my FPS.

nobby
18-10-05, 11:59
[ edited ]

giga191
23-10-05, 10:07
everything looks GREAT but i cant but wonder what effect that vegetation will have on my FPS. i'll take good care of FF when you quit ;)

Suh Duke
23-10-05, 22:37
If you can't handle the FPS as is, you seriously need a new hardware upgrade ;). This game's engine isn't at all video card intensive :p

Tostino
23-10-05, 23:09
This game's engine isn't at all video card intensive :p
No shit, but if I only get 20-35 fps, and I have a 3.6, 1.5 gigs of ram, 2x sata 7200 rpm HDs, 9800xt... Then there is somthing elce wrong. The game needs a new engine really bad. I know that there is much more stuff going on in this type of game then a normal FPS. But come on... There is no reason it should be as bad as it is right now. And this is before we get the graphics "upgrade" :(.

Clive tombstone
24-10-05, 06:42
Im just sticking my neck out here, but How hard/How much money/time/effort does it take to get a new engine, and specifically for this game?

Im not saying this as to be an ass or anything, Im just curious (seriously)

Kame
24-10-05, 14:48
w00t w00t

forum Lore hahahaha