PDA

View Full Version : Neptune owns

xyzzy
13-10-05, 06:28
Finally kk does something good. Leave neptune alone everything is good on it.

sultana
13-10-05, 06:41
says the blessed hybrid?

eprodigy
13-10-05, 08:13
:wtf: at this point neptune is basically identical to terra... i don't actually see what makes it better...

no safeslot; everyone uses epic weapon anyway, and slots are easy (for anyone lame enough to play a ppu hyb especially)
less sl loss; oh well on terra you run 2 missions and it's fixed anyway.
fast SI; doesnt effect the pvp, just makes everyone come back faster when they lose
no safezones; everyone will just keep LE in that doesnt want to fight, and people still syncwhore whether it's safe or not (sync delay + run). also i think it leads to retards whoring ppus even more (if that is possible)

now if there were some real gameplay improvements (like no ppu/ppuhybs for example) it might be worth something.

LaZyBoY
13-10-05, 09:19
yeah about that pvp part... good luck finding a non le dude ^^

Crest
13-10-05, 09:53
Remove WOC from Neptune ......

Th reason for Neptunes higher population has nothing to do with PVP. Yes that was the draw card up front. I keep reading about WOC and Neptune .....

If neptune is a PVP server, then people are abusing the quick xp gain to reach WOC levels quickly.

To illustrate ... the highest Level Monk Int on Terra I have is level 98 base. He come over from Saturn .... and my second ever character made. He did not abuse the ress missions thing to cap either and has had slow and steady progress.....

Neptune my Monk is 3 weeks old his Int is 96 and the last 2 weeks have been spent on
1) My PE from scratch
2) MC5
3) yes.... get cash and WOC level for my Droner (WOC is a side effect of hunting for cash)

Remove the Role playing elements ..... and ofcourse slottage is a PPU / Hybrids friend.... That said if the slotage was standard, then I imagine the guys would still have the same quality spells, just take them a little longer to make.
My terra PPU has 5 slot spells (May he rest in peace as I have never used him since NC 1).... and I spent the time making them in the current conditions ....

Plus its a form of generating money .....
Barter Buys chems for 8' and 9's
Barter Buys 1-7
Build 0, 1, 2 and 3 slots mod up and sell with barter
Build 4 slots and sell on trade
Build 5 slots and smile

Original monk
13-10-05, 09:57
yeah about that pvp part... good luck finding a non le dude ^^

i pulled a few LE's on my chars so ffcourse first thing i wonna do is go fight someone :p

LOL nothing to find ... not in MB, noone at crp/cycrow/catlock, DRT, all plaza's, PP3/industrial ... so after an hour i gave up :)

day later i found a bunch of peops at mb tough (about 7 counted 10 unle'ed at a moment) :) wich was pretty enjoyable fighting :) i died after a while tough and by the time i got back wich actually yust took a few minutes all people where gone :/ snif

did the whole tour again but seemed like everyone had yust dissapeared :)

Seraphin[69]
13-10-05, 10:19
Go on terra on a DoY char, let's say a PE, go to MB, pwn a pro and 20 mins later you'll have chasing you :

2 HC Tanks
1 melee tank
1 HC PE
1 spy
1 PPU
1 APU

(it happened to me yesterday and that was hell painfull)

numb
13-10-05, 11:00
The LEs on neptune are a bad thing, always was a bad idea imo. That might explain why the population on the server appears to be dropping. I swapped chars last night at 11pm UK time and noticed neptune at 8%, not really a good sign considering it would have been twice that a couple of weeks ago. There's not much hardcore about a server with LEs on all characters by default.

Everything else is okay though. The SI regain increases are good, meaning far less down time when GRing to a fight.

Original monk
13-10-05, 11:20
the combination of fast going SI thus fast working loms togheter with the XPboost make it great to adyust setups tough :)

Riddle
13-10-05, 13:45
More non Le on Terra tbh.

Why should I go level anymore on Neptune the server has less PvP than Terra?

PvP wise P2 zoneline = NC1 PP :)

Belts? I can hack but why bother most capped chars have all the shit they need and more, Its the kill i enjoy :p

Neptune needs a more drastic approach maybe LE dissolves at Lv 30+ or pure tradeskill option LE requirement?

I dunno but with mostly high level chars on Terra i don't see a reason to go level from the start again :(

Crest
13-10-05, 14:33
the combination of fast going SI thus fast working loms togheter with the XPboost make it great to adyust setups tough :)

This means people will use Neptune to play with setups ... and regain XP quickly ... then when they are happy, they go back to their normal server and change the setup ..... This sounds like a test server than a PVP server.....

Skusty
13-10-05, 16:07
Lier! :p

Torq
13-10-05, 16:19
']Go on terra on a DoY char, let's say a PE, go to MB, pwn a pro and 20 mins later you'll have chasing you :

2 HC Tanks
1 melee tank
1 HC PE
1 spy
1 PPU
1 APU

(it happened to me yesterday and that was hell painfull)

The same guys were hunting me but there were 2 APUs and no MC-PE... maybe we could "raid" MB together one day??^^

Original monk
13-10-05, 21:40
This means people will use Neptune to play with setups ... and regain XP quickly ... then when they are happy, they go back to their normal server and change the setup ..... This sounds like a test server than a PVP server.....

for me its not a testserver cause i copy most of my setups from terra anyway but you have to admit that its great if you change youre mind and want some extra hack or wonna lom away that poisonresist you needed in the chaos/swampcaves that it doesnt take 5 hours :D in a matter of speech hehe

most visible change is that weapons drop in belts like they dropped on the floor in early neocron, thats the way it should be on every server imo yust like it used to be (maybe give belts accesrights yeah)

still i dont like the warzone-nodropanything-thing :/ on every server again :(

i dont think neptune is yust a testserver tough, the lilbitof adyusted rules make it a nice variation on the others and its a nice place to meet people you wouldnt see normally ... i play terra as main but on neptune i meet people from mars and mercury .. servers where i would of never played normally due to my lack of knowledge of the german language

this new interaction is nice cause people on other servers have diffrent views on what pvp is ... how it goes ... and how to setup ffcourse

cheers !

giga191
13-10-05, 22:15
Remove woc on neptune
Too fucking right. It's alright having woc PEs on terra because you know that they worked their ass off for the xp, but it's just not right on neptune.

I think people on neptune keep their LE in because they aren't actually as hardcore PVPer as they originally thought they were when they started on the server. They just can't take it

Asurmen Spec Op
13-10-05, 23:40
Too fucking right. It's alright having woc PEs on terra because you know that they worked their ass off for the xp, but it's just not right on neptune.

I think people on neptune keep their LE in because they aren't actually as hardcore PVPer as they originally thought they were when they started on the server. They just can't take it
Uh, didnt you keep yours in till like /30?

Vae Victis
14-10-05, 00:09
pure tradeskill option LE requirement?that wouldnt work, KK dont have the knowledge to do that.

remove ALL LE's, even when making a char, give people <free> LOM pills that GIVE you a lvl.
so you can basically lom your way to cap.

then and only then, will you have a PvP server.
90% of the people are LE'd. thats not PvP.
I find more PvP if I check the p2 aggies.

-FN-
14-10-05, 00:25
Neptune is just Terra with the timesinks removed and 2 less character slots. No waiting for SI, less waiting for leveling, no waiting for belt hacks, less safe-zones to run through to find people to kill...

Neptune needs more modification to be a true PvP server, but KK can't do it due to server management - in my opinion, Neptune is a flop as PvP Server, but the populations say otherwise.

PvP Server should have P1 and DoY city center's be safe zones, the rest all anarchy zones. Add loot rights to belt drops similar to mobs. In the two safe zones add Insta-LoM vendors and vendors that sell all weapons at very high quality, including rares. Increase the cash drops on mobs and remove CST/RES at tradeskills completely and remove the LE. That would be a PvP server.

But then with the 'perfect' PvP server, the rest of the servers would be 100% dead, because what's the point of leveling when there is Neptune?

Alternative: Remove Rares from Neptune - you want your swirlies? Go to the other servers and level your way to the point at which you've earned it.

M'eh.

zii
14-10-05, 05:01
Remove the LE from Neptune before we all get bored and go back to Terra.....

Asurmen Spec Op
14-10-05, 05:01
Remove the LE from Neptune before we all get bored and go back to Terra.....
To late

Seraphin[69]
14-10-05, 07:39
The same guys were hunting me but there were 2 APUs and no MC-PE... maybe we could "raid" MB together one day??^^

Why not, but don't bring hybrid or ppu :-p