PDA

View Full Version : Where are my combat mechs

vashtyphoon78
12-10-05, 06:39
i got to lookin at someones sig today, and it said a bunch of quotes about BDOY from MJS. it said Combat mechs will not be realeased with BDOY expansion, but are only a ways down the road. Work will commence on them after the first month of storyline is written. how long has BDOY been out? anyone?

to summarize it: WHERE ARE MY COMBAT MECHS!

(i came back to NC for them now my multiple months of accountness wasted?)

Kozmos
12-10-05, 06:42
i got to lookin at someones sig today, and it said a bunch of quotes about BDOY from MJS. it said Combat mechs will not be realeased with BDOY expansion, but are only a ways down the road. Work will commence on them after the first month of storyline is written. how long has BDOY been out? anyone?

that was an extremely old quote, mechs have been dumped

Original monk
12-10-05, 09:03
ifnot mechs i wouldnt mind npc playershops :P

Demental
12-10-05, 09:04
Combat Mechs are being released in the next AO patch ;p Wish reakktor would add content and bug fix like funcom does... this game would have such a massive player base then

RogerRamjet
12-10-05, 09:22

Never mind combat mechs, when was the last storyline?

Crest
12-10-05, 10:46
The only thing that was supposed to be part of NC2 but was not and is claimed to be delivered is item tracking ......

Thats a funny one though, cause no one can see it, so is it really there .....

Anything of a vissual nature ..... is not there .....

It kinda reminds me of nc1 when there was talk about an expansion .... and for years it was discussed and one day, they ditched the expansion and introduced a new game called BDOY NC2 .... me wonders .... mebbe they do a new game called
Rise of the Combat Mechs with in the realm of player shops ..... the tracked version ....

Mebbe just mebbe (And it would be free to all players, and there would be no item wipe, except for everything you own baring 20 items, and you loose half your player base ....

giga191
12-10-05, 11:31
new graphics engine > woc > player shops > mechs

Demental
12-10-05, 12:23
So did they completely scrap work on the WOC? Cuz i'd like a nice WOC item for my tank =p Tired of being blasted by an xbow using toon and feeling jiped cuz it takes like 2 hits from my weapon to do equal dmg.

Dribble Joy
12-10-05, 12:37
They said they were effectively ditching anything copntent wise while they go on a big bug fix/coding sesh.

Demental
12-10-05, 13:32
[ edited ]

vashtyphoon78
12-10-05, 14:03
i got an idea....DRIVER WOC COMBAT MECHS!

owned?

commerzgandalf
12-10-05, 14:05
so you mean dex woc 1 and vhc for example 120 or some think like that
but
how strong should be a mech (damge output/ amor) ???

Mfg Commerz Gandalf

Dribble Joy
12-10-05, 14:24
I'd rather have mechs for all lvls.

Maybe have them based on dex and HC, so that tanks can drive the low and mid lvl, the spies can use the really high lvl ones and the PEs the more shooty high lvl ones.

commerzgandalf
12-10-05, 14:35
if it had hc req's
how the spies drive the highlevels or better gun them
is it like the trike or more like a tank (2 or 1 seat)

and jes there should be more mechs for every level just one would suck

Mfg Commerz Gandalf

vashtyphoon78
12-10-05, 15:00
ive got a HC spy O.o but there should be maybe one with some rifle-pistol-melee reqs or something like one with 2 giant uzis and one with a plasma rifle or something and one that just used its fists to kick shits ass O.o

commerzgandalf
12-10-05, 15:18
is your hc spy able to gun a rhino ?
dont think so ^^
that i mean so highlevel mechs need 2 seat or something like that
with the rifel or pistol req's should be a prob
think on a spy that gun and drive a vhc without seatchanging and firepower like a rhino

if this happen we have the next "overpower xxxxxx " threat

Mfg Commerz Gandalf

Clive tombstone
12-10-05, 17:23
I specifically remember one clever change in NC's story line when they were trying to dodge the use of mechs in NC's history. That being that originally warbots were infact Mechs piloted (and to this day) the pilots are long dead and the bots are on auto pilot. But instead they changed them into just bots, no pilot or anything.

As for actual mechs, Id love to still see some (hell id like to see the orginal mech for the "mechsican" that we did so long ago). But I dont think so. :(

PEace out

Dribble Joy
12-10-05, 17:43
I don't remember them changing the WB story at all. In the initial history no mention of their control is mentioned, but back in NC1 they definitely said stuff about runners being free to loot the dead pilots (an explanation for the imps and things in them).

As for spies using high lvl mechs, they can reach very high HC, and could gun a rhino if it weren't for the str req. Any way, high lvl mechs might not have guns at all...

Brammers
12-10-05, 17:47
Was there ever any concept drawings of the Combat Mechs?

Kozmos
12-10-05, 19:19
Was there ever any concept drawings of the Combat Mechs?

must have been considerin theres an ingame model lol

Asurmen Spec Op
12-10-05, 21:14
There are no mechs

*jedi hand wave*

Mill Gates
12-10-05, 21:23
[ edited ]

Riddle
13-10-05, 14:27
I'm sure if they implemented Mechs it would replace the PPU spam on the forum with "Those Mechs is overpowered" :rolleyes:

Besides you won't ever see them tbh. They been shelved like many other good ideas but in kk's defence you can't please all the people all of the time :)

Crest
13-10-05, 14:35
I'm sure if they implemented Mechs it would replace the PPU spam on the forum with "Those Mechs is overpowered" :rolleyes:

Besides you won't ever see them tbh. They been shelved like many other good ideas but in kk's defence you can't please all the people all of the time :)

How about just the surviving player base then ...... its a small perctentage of what it was

vashtyphoon78
13-10-05, 15:25
my spy could EASILY gun a rhino if i didnt have such shatty str =D i can get around 50 if i drug/put in all the STR imps i got layin around (its funny shooting someone in the butt with a 3 slot defender and them turn around to see a spy with a rocket bigger than his body)

Spatenkampf
13-10-05, 17:17
i think the Problem, besides overpower, skill etc, would be the walk animations ;)

Kame
13-10-05, 17:53
It should defenetly be a WoC DEX thing, spys only.

but id personally like to see em as big as the warbot statue ......

Clive tombstone
13-10-05, 18:34
Well, As mentioned above about walk animations, YES that was an issue I remember talking to one of the devs O so long ago in one of my many mech Rants. Mechs are definatly hard to animate, and doing a mech usually encompasses having move-a-ble Ankle joints that level to the ground, but as you can see so far, making the ankle joint level with the field, while still making the mech itself standing at a balanced angle is hard coding (trust me Ive worked on it). I dont know exactly what this engine can do, so maybe it can and maybe it cant, but those few etra variables could be pretty bad, or nothing at all to it.

As for over-powered...ness. Yah you would have to admit, something like this facing you down would be somewhat intimidating. :D
http://odyssey-con.sf.org.nz/odysseyconimages/mech.jpg
Just think of it, but a little bigger ^^ (...and PE only :D :D :D .. SPY's suck, PE 4TehW1n)
Yah there has to be some matter that its gonna be a hard hitter, but on average, walkers are usually slower than wheels, so you have your delivery time to a fight, as well as the fact that mechs are taller than most vehicles for the most part as well, making them a somewhat bigger target. but there general agility in tight spots (like OP's) would be something to test, if ever the day did come.

vashtyphoon78
14-10-05, 03:15
i think they should be powered, but should have something to the effect of WoC Dex 3 or something that would be complicated to get. as the ion pistol is only WoC1 and that thing is still pretty badass...

and @ Clive, ohhh woooo another thing to make PEs badass even more...

STOP NEGLECTING THE SPYS DAMNIT! :mad:

Kozmos
14-10-05, 04:38
OMFG YES MECH RIDING STEALTHING PE's !!!!!!!1127y1123gay1272!!!!!!

god no, theyve made a grave fucking mistake giving PEs back stealth ...

are you the kinda PE that we see on trade every now and then saying stuff like

"I want to be able ot use HC PA, Then I can use a CS" Without thinking of stuff like ah yes, a PE, with selfcast shelther, STEALTH, TL10 heal, AND an fuckin CS

or one I saw the other day, one guy actually suggesting that PEs get a 5th brainslot to improve their versatility LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Asurmen Spec Op
14-10-05, 04:40
Pes shouldnt have gotten stealth back, that was a major mistake and removed alot of skill from the class

Clive tombstone
14-10-05, 07:43
Fuck No man, hehe I am in fact an HC PE, and Im perfectly fine with my Speed gat (which will look even MORE awsome with the new weapon models :D :D :D ) and everything as is. I personally hate stealth all together, and I never got one, (well I did before, but the damned thing dissapeared after a month for no apperant reason, good riddance anyways^^).

Im sorry I just love mechs, always have, always will. I dont want "and extra brain slot" hell Spies can have that for all I care. I dont want HC armor (Id rather look like a robo-lobster :D ) , and I say, as speaking for most "legitamate" PE's Screw Stealth, it sucks and its a griefing tool in the hands of most PE's. I mean I enjoyed it a little while but its nothing more than an escape card.

/Rant off.

Now that being said, Gimme a PE pilot-able mech damnit :D

RogerRamjet
14-10-05, 09:06
Pes shouldnt have gotten stealth back, that was a major mistake and removed alot of skill from the class

The only problem with them is tl10 heal. Tl10 heal + stealth + a couple of medis = full health in 10 seconds.

Edit- Stealth too, lol.

Asurmen Spec Op
14-10-05, 14:35
The only problem with them is tl10 heal. Tl10 heal + stealth + a couple of medis = full health in 10 seconds.

Edit- Stealth too, lol.
I wouldnt care if PEs lost stealth and got TL3 heal back, PEs can survive and anyone who says differently wasnt a PE in NC1

vashtyphoon78
14-10-05, 16:18
woooo funny thing is on all my chars i have 4 spys a pe and a tank wooo =D

i love teh spy.