PDA

View Full Version : Couple Thoughts on Neptune....

[PiN]Fluffy
12-10-05, 03:42
1. Belts should have privlages just like mobs do... I have killed SOoOoOo Many people and random people around have picked up their belts it's just annoying. ONLy The runner, Person in runners team, or whoever did Majority damge should be able to loot belts...

2. Eliminate warzones! With higher slot rates, and Faster Si loss There is really NO consequence to dieing... And people which prize their rares Dont leave Warzones at all, EVEN with a ppu buttplug... Would make op fights ALOT more Intresting and Meaningfull. And Turn Hq's back into Safezones For the sakes of Tradeskillers... and Techhaven becuase ATM tradeskillers have no place to do their buisness.

I have more thoughts I will add later, this is just what is Fresh in my head... Comment/ flame AWAY!

-FluFFy

Asurmen Spec Op
12-10-05, 03:55
Fluffy']
2. Eliminate warzones! With higher slot rates, and Faster Si loss There is really NO consequence to dieing... And people which prize their rares Dont leave Warzones at all, EVEN with a ppu buttplug... Would make op fights ALOT more Intresting and Meaningfull. And Turn Hq's back into Safezones For the sakes of Tradeskillers... and Techhaven becuase ATM tradeskillers have no place to do their buisness.

-FluFFy
lmao, no one uses rares its all scardy TS PEs, who dont have the nuts to loose items

[PiN]Fluffy
12-10-05, 04:18
I see Rares More often Every day Honestly. But i am one of those Tsunami Pe's who doesnt care enough about the server to tech hunt. ANd onyl rare i have i need an SA to use an lol GL with me getting one of those...

Asurmen Spec Op
12-10-05, 04:26
Fluffy']I see Rares More often Every day Honestly. But i am one of those Tsunami Pe's who doesnt care enough about the server to tech hunt. ANd onyl rare i have i need an SA to use an lol GL with me getting one of those...
Yeah I remeber seeing your droner in MC5

zii
12-10-05, 04:35
I'm using my rares. Anyone want to donate me some Devs as I'm down to one :(

No safe zones. If you want to tradeskill accept the risk, or sadly, keep your LE in, which shouldn't be optional. Can't see why we cannot drop the warzones though. Belt privileges is good as well.

Demental
12-10-05, 04:51
Fluffy']1. Belts should have privlages just like mobs do...

2. Eliminate warzones! ...

-FluFFy

VERY true

giga191
12-10-05, 11:28
wtf do you need a SA for?

Crest
12-10-05, 11:57
Fluffy']2. Eliminate warzones! With higher slot rates, and Faster Si loss There is really NO consequence to dieing

Will this not kill what is left of OP Wars ... At least for the small players, and small clans ....

As it stands now a small clan may attempt at being the underdog for an evenings fun .... if they crun the risk of loosing their prized possessions in generating this fun ... they probably wont do it then.

Safe zones ..... possible make 1 place in NC city and 1 in DOY city safe zone, wip out LE's at level 40 .... yes I am all for that ......

Demental
12-10-05, 12:20
I'm all for having 1 safe zone in each main city if it means the chance to be rid of having 15 LE'd people per 1 non LE. The pvp server was meant for PvP, but it's mainly being used by people who want to level fast with there LE in then farm rares or drone in mc5.

commerzgandalf
12-10-05, 12:42
i saw lot of guys with rares
kellogs
batman
funny tank with cs witch takes 200 dmg via 3 shot of tsu :p (dont remember name right now)
dark destroyer
afrolicius and many many more

i think thje idea with the loot rights are is a very good one
because i saw a fight with 7 peopel around witch only want to loot the belt
in the end the two fighting guys said in local channel
lets kill these ****** :)

very funny the killed them all btw

maybe the are to less rares atm on the server so that not everbody has one

maybe :)

Mfg Commerz Gandalf

Original monk
12-10-05, 12:51
[ edited ]

[PiN]Fluffy
12-10-05, 12:58
Yeah I remeber seeing your droner in MC5

LOL, i have 1 Character on Neptune... My Tsunami Pe. I have no idea wat your talking about... If i had a Droner I would have Mc5 Chips TBH :rolleyes:. And if i had an SA giga i would use an EXE pe :cool:

Crest
12-10-05, 13:00
[ edited ]

giga191
12-10-05, 14:28
Fluffy'] And if i had an SA giga i would use an EXE pe :cool: thought you said you didn't want to use rares
EDIT: anyway your just gonna die and drop it straight away :p

Zeninja
12-10-05, 14:43
Hi,

Haven't been playing Nc for a while, tired and even disgusted since I lost 5-items belt (including 5 slotters) + being insulted (ty racist fags) cause I dared fighting 1vs5 (including allies I never attacked first) as a hatred-blessed-hybrid with -32 SL in pp3 (neptune).

I suppose several steady clans are up now. Is there any OP Fights on Neptune those days ? I would bet on noone going to OP fights from that day you turn Warzones to Anarchy zones. Is this the only reason I see why your long-time-ago preached askings on removing warzones would be the better way of preventing any interesting fights to appear at any time on pvp-server ?

Sry for bad english.

Original monk
12-10-05, 15:31
[ edited ]

owyah how could i forgot :( talking about those annoying ... euh people in a certain place gets edited out / isnt allowed

owkay ontopic then: remove them warzones indeed and please please up the techdrop a lilbit and fix the grim persecutor bug :/

common a part every 10 to 15 wb's isnt alot LOL .. my apu has enough xp for woc 5 but hasnt got a HL yet LOL :wtf:

not like i dont hunt alot, onlything i do is driving around in my rhino hunting for cash and parts ... not like i need to level anymore cause there all way over cap lol ... HCtank is waaay over and my driverspy likewise in int and dex (few con, few str, few psi tough) .. why i tell this ? ... xp enough for some weeks now but only yesterday i could build a rav :/ common up them techdrops a tiney littlebit ..

ok again: besides the warzones youre correct also btw, first acces-loot like with mobs isnt a luxury :)

Zeninja
12-10-05, 21:28
and please please up the techdrop a lilbit and fix the grim persecutor bug :/
Clearly, I can't figure out warzones being removed without additionnal changes, like making rares drop a lot more. But, that would be the better way of decreasing ppu number in OP fight.

sultana
13-10-05, 06:48
I suppose several steady clans are up now. Is there any OP Fights on Neptune those days ? I would bet on noone going to OP fights from that day you turn Warzones to Anarchy zones. Is this the only reason I see why your long-time-ago preached askings on removing warzones would be the better way of preventing any interesting fights to appear at any time on pvp-server.
The had belt drop in warzones on Jupiter.

And I'll be perfectly honest with you here, racism aside, as a blessed hybrid you deserve anything that happens to you :rolleyes:

Torq
13-10-05, 16:28
The had belt drop in warzones on Jupiter.

And I'll be perfectly honest with you here, racism aside, as a blessed hybrid you deserve anything that happens to you :rolleyes:

100% agree

If u remove warzones, make TSU dropable....... otherwise no.

And I am for changing TH to a savezone... u would find anything u need there and everybody could trade without being hunted by 3 TSU PEs

giga191
13-10-05, 16:52
And I'll be perfectly honest with you here, racism aside, as a blessed hybrid you deserve anything that happens to you :rolleyes: Agreed on the bit about hybs.

I hate when hybs are like "omg i owned you 1vs1" or "omg it was 2vs1 and i still won". How retarded would you have to be to not realise that hybs are really harder than any other class to kill (i would say overpowered but you fuckers would flame me for it and try your hardest to argue with me just for the sake of it)

Original monk
13-10-05, 17:04
lol i better keep quiet here, hybrids arent loved atm :) (lol who am i kidding they never where)

i dont have a hybrid on neptune altough its very tempting lomming my apu or ppu into there respective hybridside :D for now they yust keep LE's in so i can cave witouth getting backstabbed by small raidteams, atleast i can wear a poisonbelt in a poisoncave then :D

Yelly
13-10-05, 21:20
k remove warzones.make epic weapons drop or let all classes have a non droppable attack weapon

Zeninja
14-10-05, 02:13
People got one safe slot on their QB, even in warzones. People on Neptune don't.

That's a bit different.

Asurmen Spec Op
14-10-05, 03:47
People got one safe slot on their QB, even in warzones. People on Neptune don't.

That's a bit different.
not when they use a TS rifle

Zeninja
14-10-05, 06:15
as a blessed hybrid you deserve anything that happens to you :rolleyes:
Since you, wannabe pvper, could'nt stand my hc pe more than a couple of seconds without asking all your peepz to come give an hand, I had to use my -32 SL blessed hyb in order to get a fair fight.

Wasn't surprised of beeing spammed to call me a noob without any sollicitation, after you finally got your kill by seldom luck. I hope you enjoy playing alone with yourself and your leetness, cause that's all you deserve and get soon, acting like that.

Unless... they remove safezones and turn Tsu rifles droppable to make you stop thinking you're good... as every single coward Tsu rifler should :rolleyes:

eprodigy
14-10-05, 07:24
even as stupid and unbalanced that ppu hybrids are; i dont blame people for playing them anymore because it's the only way to have a chance with everyone calling in groups of 12 for one person, or even more often whoring a shitload of PPUs.

now attacking someone in a 1vs1 with a ppu hyb, they just better not think they're more skilled for winning.

and I hate to say it. but i agree TS rifle pe's are cowards (on neptune); considering 99% of them ONLY use it for the no drop bonus. doesn't effect winning, skill, ability to have a good fight though.

sultana
14-10-05, 09:42
Since you, wannabe pvper, could'nt stand my hc pe more than a couple of seconds without asking all your peepz to come give an hand, I had to use my -32 SL blessed hyb in order to get a fair fight.

Wasn't surprised of beeing spammed to call me a noob without any sollicitation, after you finally got your kill by seldom luck. I hope you enjoy playing alone with yourself and your leetness, cause that's all you deserve and get soon, acting like that.

Unless... they remove safezones and turn Tsu rifles droppable to make you stop thinking you're good... as every single coward Tsu rifler should :rolleyes:
What? You seem to know who I am, yet I have no clue who you are.

The last time I died to a HC Pe on Neptune (which was a while ago, seeing as I haven't played it in a while), was when I didn't have a SF, and was using a light energy belt. Hence me dieing in a clip. Though I only fought him twice, and didn't have anyone helping me.

And I haven't fought any hybrid with negative soulight.

Crest
14-10-05, 10:05

hmm ... a kill by luck ... sounds like this has spilt over from trade channel. ....
I wish i had luck kills .... Mebbe I stand in plaza 1 medi, shoot and with a little luck the guy in PP 3 dies cause I got lucky .....

You lost he won, , the grown up thing to do is either leave it (walk away) or come back again. Instead of 'ooooohhhhhh spam spam luck spam spam noob spam spam ownz spam spam' .....

Zeninja
14-10-05, 10:59
You lost he won, , the grown up thing to do is either leave it (walk away) or come back again. Instead of 'ooooohhhhhh spam spam luck spam spam noob spam spam ownz spam spam' .....
I died with -33 SL, no matter if that was luck or not, I could have flee times and times but stayed with my QB full of 5 slotted spells for sport, contrarely to what almost all of you lamers would have done.

I was just a little disappointed of dying easily from a lag by 2 TS Pes since I had been fighting several other people (including monks and allies that prefer all attacking an hybrid than their own ennemies when I'm busy at them) in that anarchy zone for maybe half an hour. I had no problem with this, I thought we had all great fun, and as usual I haven't complained at any time... now then... tell me why this guy had to DM me just to spam me stupid things, like calling me a noob, where we're just playing a fucking game to get some fun ? Looting my 5 slotted spells wasn't enough ?

the wow factor (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=128902)

I can't say more about that case here cause I'll be edited. All I HAVE to say is, that kind of thing happend to me several time, on all servers playing any class, and that was just (one month ago) the last time it would happen to me, cause it was the right moment to decide canceling my two accounts.

I haven't played NC since that day. You probably won't see me anymore, I hope that pleases you.

Send an email to Reakktor to ask them put back the -30% malus on hybrids if you think this class has nothing to do on a pvp server, cause they exist and they won't have to tolerate such deviant behaviours/speech from other players, especially from those who are unable to have a fight without 5 teammates, whining, using an epic weapon that won't drop or get a ppu in their ass plugged. Anytime as I said above that's not my problem anymore, now cya in hell.

End of the off-topic. Great fun I say.

sultana
14-10-05, 13:42
Wait so now the ton of people who killed you, finished up at 2 tsunami rifle pes?

They have removed safezones, epic weapons aren't droppable because you can only do them once, and would you call a pe using a Tangent Epic Rifle/Pistol a coward? A tank using a Tangent Speed Gat/Tangent Epic Cannon a coward?

Crest
14-10-05, 13:50
I died with -33 SL

No offense, but anyone with a red Soul light is making a target of themselves .....
Everyone knows that Red soul light means 5 dropped items in belt .... Even bounty hunters can locate you ....

Sure you died ... and thats no loss.... we all die (death aint the end).
Quaestion .... Why is your SL red ... is it cause you are an anti city person in deniel .....
Is it cause your swapping factions (i kinda think you would have been moving aroung without all your spells as I do when my SL = -32) ....

Lets be honest here ... anyone with a red soul light deserves to feel the love ... its either they killing allies (So who do you expect to be your friend) or its swaping sides (Traitor) .....

I am sorry you feel that someone was lucky enough to get off a shot and kill you, a hybrid which is rated as probably one of the hardest offensive characters to kill.

Granted you were enjoying dishing out pain to allies so much, and believed your GOD like status .... and it was indeed you that ran out of luck ......

Anyone who runs around with -16 or worse soul light and gets killed loosing something important, deserves everything to be gone for the pure stupidity of the situation ... man ... I was pisse doff when Miller killed my constructor when I was changing factions on Terra .... to the extent that i had the rest of the clan kiill him (And he was in my clan too .....) My constructor lost tl3 heal some armour and medis as he had nothing valuable on him and a TS epic rifle to complete the cyclopse missions.....

Zeninja
14-10-05, 14:29
Sorry u didn't catch it at all. I am Crahn.

When I entered pp3, my SL was positive, afaik. Then, some other anti-city came across while I was fighting pros. Do you think they would have help me ? No. They start helping their own ennemies because you know, "people playing monks should go in jail cause they take all the fun". Weird.

I'm sorry but I have to say this is an habit I noticed especially on players from Terra. "Shoot the weak and isolte first, kill all fun then spam on Trade-Nc we're so leet at non-playing a monk is our credo". They they complain cause people log their blessed hybrids... And, this is automatic when fighting in warzone : people just don't give a fuck about Faction alliances, like they think every warzone in the game is supposed to be a giant Neofrag.

I can hear what u think from here now : "hey Neptune is supposed to be a pvp server". Who the hell issued a pvp-server was supposed to be that giant NF ? Why do you think KK kept sympathies, SL loss and red/neutral/allies system ?!

Considering people probably won't change their behaviour, maybe that would be better removing all warzone (not "safezones" like I said before, bad typo).

sultana
14-10-05, 16:27
When I entered pp3, my SL was positive, afaik. Then, some other anti-city came across while I was fighting pros. Do you think they would have help me ? No. They start helping their own ennemies because you know, "people playing monks should go in jail cause they take all the fun". Weird.
Grats to them, if the whole of Neptune was like that, then it would be a better server (i.e. no monks).

Yelly
14-10-05, 17:29
It is fun to read that no monks all the time.
The thing is ppl think tha tPE's should be the best class ingame
and still they do not remember a PE should not be good at anything.
He should be average player tha twith a little bit of skills in
everything.If you cannot beat monks you are weak.
Hybs are a bit more difficult but with n00b buffing everything
is possible.So I would say all monk whiners get a life
and use "skills" to take them out as nothing is impossible
but I guess it is so easy to complain when you are weak and
cannot take them down.

Dargeshaad
14-10-05, 18:05
cannot take them down.
What does skill have to do with noob buffing? o_O
It's more a matter of the hybrid not being very good at timing his own spells....i've fought hybrids that could time their s/d + heal to the second...good luck getting a consistent tl3 heal on them

As for the nib whining about being ganked because he was playing an overpowered class i can only laugh....ha ha

eprodigy
14-10-05, 19:22
cannot take them down.
I read as "I need my overpowered class to win a fight!"

Yelly
14-10-05, 21:12
Well that overpowered goes to those who wants monks removed yes.
As NO ONE is impossible to kill.

eprodigy
14-10-05, 21:16
i didnt say anyone was impossible to kill, i dont think anyone thinks that.

just because its POSSIBLE to kill doesnt mean it's right, or shouldnt be balanced.

if you think you are good, then things being balanced shouldn't matter to you, you will win if you are better then the other person, not because of your class. if things were balanced, the noob buffing work-around exploit could be removed.

sultana
15-10-05, 05:17
If you cannot beat monks you are weak.
cannot take them down.
It's a little hard to kill someone, when they can simply outheal whatever damage you do to them.

Also, noob buff does not equal instant win fight. Which everyone here pro blessed hyrbid seems to think.

Asurmen Spec Op
15-10-05, 07:43
You kill GMs?

LaZyBoY
15-10-05, 08:26
TBH GM's dont count as runners

Asurmen Spec Op
15-10-05, 08:32
TBH GM's dont count as runners
TBH this thread is to gay to be joking, so Ill quote them word for whinerific word

Original monk
15-10-05, 09:29
You kill GMs?

if there not in godmode and dont use holy buffs i dont see alot of problem killing em lol, unless they dont wonna cause then you better dont or get booted lol

and everyone hates monks here .. also in fights, but ingame i didnt notice that lol

... hey im cool cause i play a nonmonk char wich requires skill ... says who ? a lowtech tsunamiPE with Db and stealth ? a healinglightspy with invisible snipingray ? a ravagertank ? pobtank ? a raptordroner ? lol

Kozmos
15-10-05, 10:07
if there not in godmode and dont use holy buffs i dont see alot of problem killing em lol, unless they dont wonna cause then you better dont or get booted lol

and everyone hates monks here .. also in fights, but ingame i didnt notice that lol

... hey im cool cause i play a nonmonk char wich requires skill ... says who ? a lowtech tsunamiPE with Db and stealth ? a healinglightspy with invisible snipingray ? a ravagertank ? pobtank ? a raptordroner ? lol

lol original, have you played a PoB Melee tank ?

Its hard work trust me ;) Unlike alot of setups the PoB Tank is probably the hardest to get used to in PvP imo, compensating for the way that the server locations and your client locations slightly differ is essential in order to get hits to register... Havent gotta do that with any other class, if your reticules over them and is tight, then its a hit, hell monks havent even got a reticule

now i know some smart ass will say yah well melee hasnt got a reticule, your right, but melee does have a disgusting ammount of lag
Get someone to stand at approximately 6 feet away from you ingame, like within scale if u know what i mean, then both start running with the melee tank chasing him, not a single hit will register, This is why

Start the distance is this |=====|
When you click attack its |=====|
When the server gets the message its |=========| and out of range, thats why shit never registers, and no other class has that problem, but you can work around it by guessing movements, staying slightly ahead of the game if you know what i mean anyway im ranting about melee in a thread that i cant remember the subject of

giga191
15-10-05, 10:29
cannot take them down. There once was a PE who killed a hybrid so therefore they aren't overpowered?

mehirc
15-10-05, 11:14
[...]people just don't give a fuck about Faction alliances, like they think every warzone in the game is supposed to be a giant Neofrag.

I can hear what u think from here now : "hey Neptune is supposed to be a pvp server". Who the hell issued a pvp-server was supposed to be that giant NF ? Why do you think KK kept sympathies, SL loss and red/neutral/allies system ?![...]

You are wrong, as i was wrong. :(

The PvP-Server concept is everyone against everyone, good vs. evil or anything similar isn't anymore on Neptune because that's already considered as roleplay. (ask Carnage why)

I guess the senseless SL and faction system is just there because they could'nt remove it completely.

For all people that don't have fun fighting against ALL OTHERS, Neptune is the wrong server. You have no friends there that are not in your clan, everybody just wants your belt. Even if somebody helps you, next time he might be against you, you can't guess any intentions of someone because of his SL or faction. I suggest turning at least all rpos faction related colors into white, it's more clear then.

It's very bad to see that some inbalances lead to flames so often, but all i can say is, just don't let other people flame you (rather put them on ignore). And hey, some 5slot spells aren't worth that much on Neptune, aren't they?

Yelly
15-10-05, 12:43
Well I do not see any class as overpowered.
ppus should heal and crap.Compare to other games andthe healers there are really good at healing too.
Noob buffing is not an exploit.If it was and ppl used it they would be banned.
It is simply just another weapon.
And apu's are not overpowered.Same as other games again.There is always
a class that do alot of damage but got weak resistance.
Pe's... well ppl seems to think in this forum that they shoudld be able to kill everything.I do not think so as it is an average class.So pe's should not be hardcore at anything at all.
Tanks.. little less damage than apu's and can heal a bit.Nothing bad there.
Spies.. come up from behind and shot and stealth.That is how they should work. Stealth is their best friend.Works as it should also.
So I see no class as overpowered at all.And for the parawhiners ....
There are drugs ingame for it.Use them.That is why there are ingame.

eprodigy
15-10-05, 19:27
ppus should heal and crap.Compare to other games andthe healers there are really good at healing too.
Noob buffing is not an exploit.If it was and ppl used it they would be banned.
Pe's... well ppl seems to think in this forum that they shoudld be able to kill everything.I do not think so as it is an average class.So pe's should not be hardcore at anything at all.
Spies.. come up from behind and shot and stealth.That is how they should work. Stealth is their best friend.Works as it should also.
[ edited ]

Zeninja
16-10-05, 21:34
Blessed hybrids are, to people who decided that Neocron is supposed to be a 1-on-1 3D shoot'em'up. They probably forgot the meaning of words like "massively multiplayer" or "complementary classes", like they forgot playing themselves this class (especially in OPs) more than 5 minutes before they have any idea on how much skills you require to be useful in a heterogeneous team. Or maybe unhopefully (for them) they fought too much noobs. I just see blessed hybrids as PE's in a OP fight, where a stealth is probably as useful as a 10 seconds stealth to evade.

As far as I know in a fair fight, and no matter the time this would require for any average player :

(Apu + Ppu) > (Blessed Hyb + Blessed hyb)
and, (Apu-based Hyb + Ppu) > (Blessed Hyb + Ppu)

Does that mean Apu are overpowered ? No. But imho this should relegate all their great theories on how much overpowered blessed hybs are to Water Closets. Now place any class alone against a good blessed hyb, and he's fucked up. True. One has the right to say a class is overpowered cause their unbeatable in a duel, that's just a point of view and a different way of defining pvp from mine, which I understand and respect. But I can't agree with it since fair duels are only 1% of the situations I ever met when playing NC.

Then, for the one who think my opinion justifies any insults or spamming, I think I'd rather listen to Mehirc and just put them on ignore. Oh damn, too late, I don't play anymore :'(

ppus should heal and crap. Compare to other games and the healers there are really good at healing too.
Noob buffing is not an exploit. If it was and ppl used it they would be banned.
Finally I found someone just thinking like me : Neocron is almost perfectly balanced to anyone not obsessed by one single way of playing it. I can go with no regrets : someone else have read the fucking manual.

Enjoy your stay Yelly !

Btw, what does "churlishness" mean in english ?

eprodigy
16-10-05, 21:47
if the game is balanced one vs one, then it will only improve balance as you increase numbers on both sides.

why should one class be so superior to another? there is no reason to play a PE or a SPY or a TANK whatsoever. yeah mabye apu+ppu IS > then 2 x ppu hybrid. but only because the PPU pushes balance so much even farther out of whack.

PPU balance is also not something you can claim is correct. Even KK has finally admitted it and called them a problem (they claim to be working on fixing it, but i dont think they are). i'm sorry when i joined this game, i thought I read that pvp was based on player skill. it doesnt take any to win with a ppu.

Zeninja
16-10-05, 22:56
i'm sorry when i joined this game, i thought I read that pvp was based on player skill. it doesnt take any to win with a ppu.
I know what u mean, but you have to admit that game isn't originally designed all around PVP, and should NOT, though it's probably one of the most pvp-oriented MMORPG people ever played. I mean, no PE is able to be as good tradeskiller as a spy, that's why spy CON and PSI are so weak, and a tank won't be able to infiltrate ennemy lines as a obliterator spy would, that's why tanks are so stupid damage dealers. Then, don't forget the Ppu : all god-like he is, he's still unable to Exp or even get money without the other runners. You've probably read this a lot of time, but you may try to think about it again before condamning anyone.

I repeat : game balance is not only thought around PVP.

So, KK can't concentrate efficiently on satisfying pure pvpers without going the opposite way the game was developped (like changing int/str/con/dex/psi caps for example), and you can't say tradeskills are no use in pvp, although indirectly influencing it : who's going to make your weapons ? Who's going to poke your imps ? Any clan need at least one char who's weak at pvping, and that thing contributes to what I call "game balance". Just look at my sig : I tried to share out my skills on my whole set of chars in order to make them some kind of "logically skilled", no matter the effectiveness they lose at pvping ; I know I'm not representative of the average NC player, but you can't pretend NC (the way it is on Terra/Mars/Merc) is unbalanced without denying several aspects of this game.

Now, considering this, I'm very mixed about things that should or should not be done on Neptune. I see too much inconsistencies in that pvp-server-project to make modifications like "removing warzones" or "remove para" solve all the problems once in a while.

Maybe a reliable solution to make it really fun, easy access, and all calm down, could be allowing people setting up a char and getting full-artifacted weapons instantly : no XP, no tradeskills, no slots, etc. Or else I don't see the point at wasting so much time just to get the same thing you have on other servers.

Talking about skills, I consider the integration of your char in a team/clan/faction/context as a crucial one in that game. Even for a solo cowboy.

eprodigy
17-10-05, 01:57
but the problem is.. it's not really balanced that way at all.. what do you need in this game for success in pvp? lots of monks and a spy you log once a week to build some weapons. no one else is needed. it's all about teamwork and fitting into a team? teams consist of 10 ppus and 10 apus...

how does making a 'PPU + fighter = fighter + fighter' or even '=fighter+fighter+fighter' hurt the balance of this game? how does making my team able to beat another team that isn't nearly as good as us, hurt the game's balance? how does making a single lone player not so vastly superior to any other single player hurt the balance of this game?

in your example of tradeskills, yeah spy is the only really viable one. so when you want a tradeskill you roll a spy.. for good or bad that's how it is right now. right now it's the same for pvp. you want pvp you roll a monk, or get your friend to at the very least..

Kozmos
17-10-05, 03:58
lol, love your reasoning that everything comes down to numbers on each side prettymuch

its all about whose behind the char

I can log onto a melee tank and be better than most on it, because thats been my main for a damn long time, yet i hate APU's if im playing a APU im utter shite, cause i play it like a tank lol and forget that i cant take many hits

The way you put every part of balance down to teams WITH a PPU is a joke

It should be balanced directly, aswell as teams

Then again, theres always the moments that teamwork hels aswell, like theres times that weve had a team of say PPU/MC-Tank/HC-Tank/Spy and weve held malstrond from Silent and the FA faction coming one after the other for a few hours, does that mean were overpowerd and unbalanced ? Nah we just had a damn good day where our teamwork was spot and and at our most effective, regardless of the fact they had bigger teams, its teamwork that helped undo this against them

eprodigy
17-10-05, 04:34
lol, love your reasoning that everything comes down to numbers on each side prettymuch

its all about whose behind the char

I can log onto a melee tank and be better than most on it, because thats been my main for a damn long time, yet i hate APU's if im playing a APU im utter shite, cause i play it like a tank lol and forget that i cant take many hits

The way you put every part of balance down to teams WITH a PPU is a joke

It should be balanced directly, aswell as teams

Then again, theres always the moments that teamwork hels aswell, like theres times that weve had a team of say PPU/MC-Tank/HC-Tank/Spy and weve held malstrond from Silent and the FA faction coming one after the other for a few hours, does that mean were overpowerd and unbalanced ? Nah we just had a damn good day where our teamwork was spot and and at our most effective, regardless of the fact they had bigger teams, its teamwork that helped undo this against them
who said anything about someone being better on a char vs another means nothing.

yeah.. when both sides have a PPU you have a sort of psuedo-balance created there. if one side IS or does a lot better then the other, yeah they will win. apu+ppu IS balanced vs an apu+ppu. doesnt mean the game is..

i predict 12 years from now when KK finally fixes this problem they have admitted; a lot of people I know will never 'win' a fight again. there are a large portion of the people in this game who don't leave a safezone without a PPU. if things were balanced that wouldn't be true.

i'm tired of these bullshit arguements defending PPU/hybrids. its a load of crap and it's why this game is dying.

sultana
17-10-05, 05:48
As far as I know in a fair fight, and no matter the time this would require for any average player :

(Apu + Ppu) > (Blessed Hyb + Blessed hyb)
and, (Apu-based Hyb + Ppu) > (Blessed Hyb + Ppu)
DB + 2 Psi attack 2's = Dead apu.

Apu-based vs. Blessed (with the ppus) is most likely decided on who is the better team.

Blessed hybrids are, to people who decided that Neocron is supposed to be a 1-on-1 3D shoot'em'up. They probably forgot the meaning of words like "massively multiplayer" or "complementary classes", like they forgot playing themselves this class (especially in OPs) more than 5 minutes before they have any idea on how much skills you require to be useful in a heterogeneous team.
I've played in a 5/5 apu/ppu team, does that make my opinion worth more?

"Ppus aren't unbalanced, because they require skill to play"

QuakCow
17-10-05, 05:53
hrm...i dont know how it all works exactly in nc, but in EnB (and i believe in a few other MMOs) each class/prof added its own ability to the group, when you had a good variety of classes/professions you had a damn good team.

But then again EnB didnt really have any pvp.