PDA

View Full Version : Help with a setup...

Kalashnikov
12-10-05, 02:22
I'm planning to make my researcher a rifle researcher and was wondering how should I set him up? I'm thinking 100 in wep lore and 140 in res for int (with imps its wep 125, res 185) , and
R-C 140, T-C 90, any suggestions?

CMaster
12-10-05, 12:08
You won't be using rifles that well like that. Seriously consider going pistols, becuase rifles are looking for around 160 WEP wheras pistols only need about 100. Also, you should be looking at about 170 RC with imps really.

Dribble Joy
12-10-05, 12:34
Pistols need less than thhat. Only about 70 tops fr the high end ones.

Darkana
13-10-05, 10:46
Depends how you want to use your "rifle researcher". Facts: As been said already by CMaster, you will need some more WEP and decent R-C to get the most out of your rifles. Question here is, if you really need them capped (your choice). Research needs a set of implants which normally have close to nothing in common with rifle combat implants. Depends at what you are aiming at in the end, what you want to do with your research skill and what you want to use your rifle skill for. Pistols need way less WEP. Infact, with a pure pistol combat implant setup, you don't even need to put one point into WEP. Sidenote: PvP setups are not pure P-C setups. If you run around without LE you may want to think about getting some PSU to be able to cast shelter.

In the end it's all about what you want to do. Rifles do have the advantage of long range combat; without hack one of the more common targets, the Warbots, fall out of the equation. Leaves Firemobs to hunt, where having shelter is of advantage (it's not necessary, though). For leveling you don't need rifles, unless you prefer running around in the wild shooting random stuff.

Btw with pistols: without PSU you can get 64 base WEP and 160 research skill. Having some PSU for shelter you end up between 150 and 155 research (dunno about exact numbers).

Either way, good luck with whatever you choose (or have chosen already) :)

Terayon
13-10-05, 19:46
Heh, unless you know what you're doing, rifle researcher would be better then pistol researcher. Becouse im sure you're con will be incredably bad. You'll need more R-C though, and im sure you get get more weponlore and research out of your guy.

Kalashnikov
14-10-05, 00:46
Ok then, I assumed as much. Thanks for the help guys.