PDA

View Full Version : caps of tradeskills

Superbron
11-10-05, 16:04
Hi there,

Does anybody know some caps of tradeskills? I am rerolling some spies but I don't want tot spec too much points so I need to know the caps of REC, REP, CST and RES. I want to cap my chars so you may assume capped DEX, INT and STR. Thanks in advance.

Greetz,

Argent
11-10-05, 16:17
There are no definitive caps on any of those skills apart recycling, and for that it is highest level item you want to recycle/salvage/whatever.

retr0n
11-10-05, 16:59
Also CST. I remember there being so many threads about cst capping. In order
to cap the quality, only quality, of an item, you need the same ammount
of CST as the TL of the item, provided you have 100 INT.

So, if you have 100 INT and you make a TL100 something, you need 100 CST
to cap the quality of the item, however, the chance for slots has no cap, the
more CST you have the better. With higher CST you will also construct faster.

Argent
11-10-05, 17:29
In order to cap the quality, only quality, of an item, you need the same ammount of CST as the TL of the item, provided you have 100 INT.

Not true, it's something like 120-130+ on highest TL non-rare item on totally capped spy (dex affects it as well), and it's totally irrelevant since any real constructer will want to spec max cst.

Vae Victis
11-10-05, 17:51
more CST doesnt mean more slots right? wasnt it random?
Had a capped CST, 100 intel pure CST, 96 base dex... out of 250 holy shelters the highest slots was a 3 slotted one.
(then 5 mins later comes this noob and asks me to build him a weapon.. first weapon I build for him.. 5 slots.. omg)

Crest
11-10-05, 18:03
more CST doesnt mean more slots right? wasnt it random?
Had a capped CST, 100 intel pure CST, 96 base dex... out of 250 holy shelters the highest slots was a 3 slotted one.
(then 5 mins later comes this noob and asks me to build him a weapon.. first weapon I build for him.. 5 slots.. omg)

Alhtough they are random .... const dex and int have a small effect on the chance of slotage .... changing the odd slightly ....

IE if you hadd a 1 in 20 chance of a 3 slot weapon, given all the requirements are met and you can cap it .... fully capped wirth capped dex int and all const would make it 1 in 19.5 (please don't quote numbers, just used in example)

So yes it does assist, but no its does not assist much

Or imagince a roulette wheel ... 0 to 36 .... as a normal const you have 1 in 37 chance to win a 5 slotter ..... having full cap is like removing the 0 ..... you have a 1 in 36 chance now ... This does not guarantee your money on 31 will win for you .... but hey i could do .... and rather have a wheel with 36 number (1-36) than 37 (0-37)

Riddle
11-10-05, 23:18
Hi there,

Does anybody know some caps of tradeskills? I am rerolling some spies but I don't want tot spec too much points so I need to know the caps of REC, REP, CST and RES. I want to cap my chars so you may assume capped DEX, INT and STR. Thanks in advance.

Greetz,

Oldish thread but may help.
http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=99143&page=1&pp=15&highlight=spoilers

Sgt. Pepper
12-10-05, 04:03
RESSEARCH:
Capping ressearch is easy. 'cause you don't break a rarepart/blueprint if your ressearchskill is at twice the item's techlevel.
So the highest amount of point I would spend into research is 230 (twice 115 = MC5 Parts)
There are some drones @ TL 118 and 122, but I would ignore this. Also we have these TL 150 researchmissions, so you will break a few cubes of these if you have 230 RES Skill. But that doesn't matter.

CONSTRUCTION:
A bit more difficult is construction. AFAIK you cap non-rare-items @ about 130 CST (depends on your INT and DEX) but this is not nearly enough.
Same as for research you won't break a BP @ skill = 2x TL.
The more interesting question for construction is .. When will you get the most slots?
It's mostly random, for sure. But what I've learned in years of constructing; there are some rules.
You will reach most slots @ CST-skill = 2xTL. Thats interesting but not important. (e.g. a 5 Slot TL 3 Heal constructet with a skill of 6 is worth nothing 'cause of bad quality)
What I try to tell you is... a constructionskill somewhere between 180 and 200 would fit if you don't want to cst rare-weapons. It's a good cst-skill if you want to do lots of holy shelters or something to get one with 5slots. You will cap everything with the highest chance of getting many slots.
For constructing rares, your skill should be arround 230. Rareweapons have a qualitycap of 120%. There is no skill-limit that garantees thas result (It's random too). But i reached the best results with 230 cst.

REPAIR:
to repair something it's needed to have half the skill than the item's TL. You will reach the best result having a skill 1,5 higher than the Items TL (this means a 2 or 3 % qualityloss for each repairprocess)

RECYCLING / SALVAGING:
skill = TL is enough for recyclning. You want get more ammopacks per junkpart with a higher skill.
Thats different to salvaging. The result of a salvageprocess depends on your recycle-skill. skill = TL to do the process .. skill = 2xTL to reach the best result.
My special hint: Ingnore salvaging ^^
rec 43 is enough for every kind of ammo
rec 50 is needed to make 1 weaponpart 9 out of 2 7's
you will need up to 85 rec for trophys

IMPLANTING:

Asurmen Spec Op
12-10-05, 04:13
from my tests, recycle has no effect on the ammount you get.

we tried it with 20 30 40 and 50, all got the same ammount

CMaster
12-10-05, 12:11
from my tests, recycle has no effect on the ammount you get.

we tried it with 20 30 40 and 50, all got the same ammount

Agreed - I've done a few te4sts around this. Also, skill being 2 x TL isnt true for salvaging. Much like with CSTing, if you want to construct or salvage a TL10 item, you will need about 100 skill to cap the result.

Zeninja
12-10-05, 15:01
Neoskiller is your friend

hybok
12-10-05, 18:09
i really would like to kno about repairing. should i put all my points on my capped dex researcher into repair? would it make a difference? i miss being able to run :\

Superbron
14-10-05, 08:11
Hey guys: thanks for the replies. I will have a look at neoskiller as well.