PDA

View Full Version : Neocron in other country.

bobleponge
11-10-05, 11:49
It's an test of Neocron in France... it's very.. hrm..good luck KK for sell your game in France. :cool:

Test here. ( in french ) (http://www.jeuxvideo.com/articles/0000/00005758_test.htm)

Emphyrio
11-10-05, 12:59
Yes, in France, NC2 would go out in the shops, around of October. Perhaps this is allready done ? But the guy who tested NC2 seems to don’t like NC2. He murdered it.

CMaster
11-10-05, 13:13
We've seen worse scores given by UK reviews. The article as a whole is in more descriptive french that I can read mind. I gather he likes teh setting and atmosphere, but thught the gameplay and graphics were awful. Interesting, really.

Bugs Gunny
11-10-05, 13:17
So far i haven't seen a lot of good reviews of neocron.....

CMaster
11-10-05, 13:26
Here's one: http://www.gameogre.com/neocron2review.htm

I bive PC Format gave it a reasonable rating, althoiugh less than excellent mind.

Dribble Joy
11-10-05, 14:48
I love it when they rip the game play, you can allways tell how long they play a game by it.

Kozmos
11-10-05, 15:22
Neocrons never had a good review has it ?

vashtyphoon78
11-10-05, 15:30
I love it when they rip the game play, you can allways tell how long they play a game by it.
yup its funny :lol:

Mechanicus
11-10-05, 15:32
nc1 did

Njall
11-10-05, 16:33
The guy just said that the HUD is awful, the inventory is an horror and there is too much bugs.
He thinks that the AI of the mobs is a pity, the graphics are ... well... a bit old and that the innovation between Nc1 and Nc2 is still to be found.
:p

And you know the worse ? I can't say he's wrong :(

Crest
11-10-05, 18:12
The guy just said that the HUD is awful, the inventory is an horror and there is too much bugs.
He thinks that the AI of the mobs is a pity, the graphics are ... well... a bit old and that the innovation between Nc1 and Nc2 is still to be found.

Lots of poterntial .... just like they said about NC1 .... mebbe one day we read ... found its potential ....

Nc1 had a new concept in a newly found market and arena ... With games like Age of empires (AOK) being its competitor (Anarchy online and everquest) there was no really competition and it got about 8/10 in the uk if I recall ....

NC2 has the same as above in terms of potential ..... (never realised much of it). KK don't invent new stuff, just invent ways of using old stuff ..... (MOBS ... Y rep model is used in 4 places, MC5 guards are the same as those um .... working for horse shoe security and DOY Johny 5's are the same as in the tunnels) ....

None the less, play the game as its now, avoid dissapointment later

Scanner Darkly
11-10-05, 19:05
I thought this isn't so bad, until I noticed the scores were out of /20.

The PC Format review for NC1 was what originally made me buy the game. It was somewhere around 80% (which is really pretty good).

Back then I seem to remember one of the main criticisms was the lack of differences between game avatars - the reviewer complained everyone looked the same in game.

What's changed?

Dablaa
11-10-05, 19:58
Jeuxvideo.com sux...

Skusty
11-10-05, 20:36
It's not the GFX, AI, bugs that the game is about, it's the sprit of ganking and pking! :D

eprodigy
11-10-05, 20:47
only certain types of MMO's will ever get good reviews really consistantly.. they often review these games like single player games. if theres good missions and storyline and content as you first start out they usually like it.

a reviewer does not play NC long enough to ever 'pvp' let alone get good at it, they dont play long enough to do any tradeskill, they do play long enough to run around MB on a noob citymerc char and see no people, and nothing to do but kill ugly looking mobs, buy store weapons and die a hundred times. yeah we agree with their points (bad gui, outdated graphics, bugs, etc) but these entire reviews are based on noobness crap + those problems.

although right now im pretty fed up with NC.. id probably give it an 8/20 too...

zii
11-10-05, 21:19
Perhaps he's an ex-venus player who left :D

I'm unsure when the http://www.gameogre.com/neocron2review.htm review was written, but its pretty good. 8.75 out if 10 is great in my book. No one ought to get 10/10 since this means the subject consistantly exceeds its own expectations, which is nearly impossible.

Asurmen Spec Op
11-10-05, 21:53

Anyone who values AI of NPCs atall doesnt see the endgame content

dem0n
11-10-05, 22:01
I've read the review, typical. the guy obviously didn't even play the game for more than a few hours, and wrote a review. how very french :mad:.

LTA
11-10-05, 23:37
How many noobs do the same tho

Play for a few hours, crash a lot, seem pretty lost get bored return to WOW etc, hell i reactivated my FFXI account due to constant crashin n boredom, pvp gets dry and samey mobs where the other option but either required ppu, use of walls or some other map exploit, 120/120 mobs like grims can be shot from over hills.
Still not much changed i see tho

Not everyone wants to pvp.

and the very french comment... its not only the french reviewers who got bored of slashing rats alot of the reviews i seen said the same thing, if your not gonna grab the players attention straight away chances are they aint staying to see the "end game" content.

jini
12-10-05, 06:59
The reviewer sees this from the usual "YES! more elves standpoint", therefore it's very difficult to get a more positive review of things when seen this way. It's more a problem of marketing strategies from KK. Take this guy, give him some skills, like an capped apu, and throw him in an op war, with a ppu. His view of things will be entirely different and it's not difficult to do such a thing. Neocrons gameplay is really simple to understand: you level up in order to get good armor and equipment, so that you can enjoy pvp.

eprodigy
12-10-05, 08:47
when someone reviews a single player game, do they only play the first half and then write the review?

Demental
12-10-05, 09:13
PvP is just a fraction of the game though. When you stop and look at the total picture Neocron isn't that impressive compared to games that are already out or are coming out. The market for MMO's and games like this are pretty fierce. They really need to update the HUD/Models and rework the AI/PVP balance of the game to get a decent standing at all in the market. I've seen a couple new things and a few suprises this time that I came back and renewed, but nothing that after 6+ months of inactivity would really make me go, "Wow they've been adding in stuff and working hard!" Dunno Neocron really hasn't changed that much since late 2001 besides new items and stuff that have unbalanced pvp O_o

jini
12-10-05, 10:27
PvP is just a fraction of the game though. When you stop and look at the total picture Neocron isn't that impressive compared to games that are already out or are coming out. The market for MMO's and games like this are pretty fierce. They really need to update the HUD/Models and rework the AI/PVP balance of the game to get a decent standing at all in the market. I've seen a couple new things and a few suprises this time that I came back and renewed, but nothing that after 6+ months of inactivity would really make me go, "Wow they've been adding in stuff and working hard!" Dunno Neocron really hasn't changed that much since late 2001 besides new items and stuff that have unbalanced pvp O_o
Yes, but in the end when, after some time you have explored the world and seen everything there is to see, battle every mob there is to battle what leaves you is pvp. Pvp is the epitome and must be for every mmorg out there, simply because there is no good AI a human cant win. Pvp however is a whole new ball game in which one tests skills and recoursefull real human beings. This is why gameplay needs to stay focused there and this is why neocron excels where other mmorgs fail.
As another example, compare HL2 uber graphics and cinematic plot. There is nothing in the market in mmorgs that can beat that yet you soon realize that this limited world cant offer you satisfacion for anymore than 2-3 weeks. After 2- weeks you digest all this amazing work/effort in graphics and put the game back in a shelf. Neocron is all about gameplay and I hate when I see reviews like this one. Something is being done wrong, and certainly it's not the reviwers fault

when someone reviews a single player game, do they only play the first half and then write the review?
I guess when someone reviews a game he has a limited time in his disposal. It must be something like a couple of weeks (I don't know really tbh) but I just can't imagine that this guy can review a game for 6 months or so. Remember these guys are getting paid normal salaries to do so...

Philchow
12-10-05, 10:52
Jeuxvideo.com's tests are known to be kinda crap.

Problem is, the reviewer only speak about defaults but nothing about HackNet, DoY city, new professions, new items, new quests, politics, community, nothing on events, PVP (ffs), etc.

En revanche, on a accès à un nouveau tutorial qui explique les bases du gameplay pourri du jeu.

On the other hand, there's a new tutorial explaining the basis of the crapy/shity gameplay of this game

Obviously, starting the review with this kind of sentence is bullshit. I agree graphic engine is kinda old, there's bug, etc. But, the gameplay ... I mean, The gameplay. Ok, forget it. :)

dem0n
12-10-05, 14:04

geeez, since when has the only refference value for a game been "looks"? I don't mind if NC was 2nd tbh, it still has good gameplay. just take a look at the famouse WoW, tradeskilling there is crap. it's based solely on people getting good drops they don't need and selling them.

imho, the best MMO out there is EVE, but those feeble minded midgets aren't competent enought to play EVE, or NC for that matter, they like to have an unnatural game, all for the sake of simplification, where people can concentrate on meaningless bashing of mobs and other players.

Crest
12-10-05, 14:35
Perhaps he's an ex-venus player who left :D

I'm unsure when the http://www.gameogre.com/neocron2review.htm review was written, but its pretty good. 8.75 out if 10 is great in my book. No one ought to get 10/10 since this means the subject consistantly exceeds its own expectations, which is nearly impossible.

He gives City of Heroes Review a 5 and everthying else on the page is an 8 or better ......

Tells me .... .don't play City of Heroes Review when someone doing a review cant say a bad thing about most games, slates this one ....

Me I think at best NC2 is worth about 6 and 5/10 is probably where its at ....

given NC1 was probably a 9/10 for me and none that potential has been reached.
Hacknet has a good look and feel to it .... but is repetitive ....There are probably about 6 hacknet maps that are used over and over .....

Scanner Darkly
12-10-05, 19:26

Finishing a single player game is a matter of hours or days, not months or years. Let's be realistic here: in order to do NC justice a reviewer has to play it long enough to understand what the hell it is about. It's a bit much to expect him to play for several weeks or months just to write an article he/she probably couldn't give a rat's arse about.

At least, judging by the scores, this guy doesn't seem a complete troll like that personal vendetta jerk from PC Zone (or was it Gamer - I don't read this toilet paper).

eprodigy
12-10-05, 19:41
It's a bit much to expect him to play for several weeks or months just to write an article he/she probably couldn't give a rat's arse about.
I don't think it's too much. But if they aren't going to, they shouldn't write a review at all.

retr0n
12-10-05, 20:25
I don't think it's too much. But if they aren't going to, they shouldn't write a review at all.

All publicity is good publicity :)

Crest
13-10-05, 09:44
All publicity is good publicity :)

Ummm Yes ask Michael Jackson or Kate Moss,

They think the same thing