PDA

View Full Version : apu hyb setup

E. Cryton
10-10-05, 19:58
well, i'm bored of my apu, want something new.

so i decided to go apu hyb.

could anyone give me some advices how to setup (con and psi) an apu hyb ? coz i've really got no clue how to do that ...

thx :>

CMaster
10-10-05, 20:24
Psi - spec the minimum APU, PPU and MST for the spells you want to use (IMO, either aim for blessed def OR for DB sanctum). Chips - Psi Core, DS, Attack 3, Eperimental Controller3. Replace the exp cont with MOVEON or PPR if you like. No PA. Con - I'm still working on that and would appreciate any pointers.

E. Cryton
10-10-05, 20:50
thx, u helped me alot with the imp setup :>.

so, can u tell me how many apu/ppu skillpoints ?

Original monk
11-10-05, 09:33
thx, u helped me alot with the imp setup :>.

so, can u tell me how many apu/ppu skillpoints ?

i dunno what you want cause every player has its own way of playing a char and thus setting up but i always tend to go towards that 150 apu ... or as close as possible yust so i can runcast my holy lightning better, i set em up before all the runcasting screwup patches tough so i dunno if it changed but i like em as it is now :) ffcourse you can spec 141 apu for HL or 142 for FA and dump the rest in ppw this will also give you some extra ppupower and mana :) ... basic for ppu is yust get to 75 ppu at the end (like a PE)... so youlle need to overspec a lil bit to compensate for the attack3's minus ppu :)

for mst yust have enough for HL and holy antishield (83) or even for FA (84) .. i seen some going a bit higher yust for HAB but imo thats not worth it, you have an antidef and antishield anyway :)

mind this is all witouth PA, you can buff and put a PA on later or you can start with PA switching or overspec ppu again so you can keep pa on and still use certain ppuspells but that sumthing else again :)

also for no money in the world i would put a move on or resister in a monk, to me its not worth it :)

also all int in psi-use hé ! yust as all dex in aghility :) youre immense speed and swiftness (no PA) combined with DB/HL is what makes you strong :)

CMaster
11-10-05, 12:20
I go for 142 APU (for FA), 84MST (for FA, so knock one off APU and MST if you just want to HL) and 68PPU (for blessed def). This then gives me 103 PPW, which helps get as higher % as possible on my spells. (Putting PPW into APU actually reduces the %damage you do). I know quite a few APU Hybrids actually go for 78 PUU so they can use HAZ/Heat 1 AND Damageboost sanctum. What original says about int and dex is true, although I drive a quad as well. (with DoY vhc eye, no real change to speed)

Xeno LARD
11-10-05, 13:53
I'd use ds, psi core, psi attack 3 and moveon. moveon allows to use fh2 and with beast you can also put in 3 antigamma bones, helps alot with xray resist.

No PA, 145 apu, 75 ppu (85 base), 83 mst for HL and holy antishield is enough, no need for FA or HAB.

With a PA 3 and psi 3 you're even good in opfights, you're a quite good APU with a capped noob heal and TL 3 def. ;)

nabbl
11-10-05, 14:33
Also Apu Hybrid bevorzuge ich mit 3er PA ... ausziehn buffs casten anziehn und alles mit HL umhaun ;)

E. Cryton
11-10-05, 15:16
thx alot for the advices !

jini
11-10-05, 17:19
I dont know your playing style, Eric, but try experimenting using a heavy poison/fire belts. Hvy poi gives you godlike poison resists for those melees/apus, but a bit less speed, hvy fire gives less poison (considerably less) but a lot of speed. I would use a ppr over a exp3 for a lot better resists as well.

E. Cryton
11-10-05, 17:37
i'd never use a ppr in a monk or spy.
on terra we found out that the ppr doesnt work until a certain con lvl is reached.
and monks and spies wont reach that lvl.

Speedball
11-10-05, 18:25
Sad that nowadays its soooo easy to get everything. No more challenge, no more thinking. Just ask something and you got it. Really really poor thing 8| :(

(it's not a flame/troll/flood, it's just what i see)

jini
11-10-05, 18:35
i'd never use a ppr in a monk or spy.
on terra we found out that the ppr doesnt work until a certain con lvl is reached.
and monks and spies wont reach that lvl.
You sure about that? it can't be true. have you checked it thoroughly? Is it yet another notorious bug? Low con chars need this the most...

sultana
12-10-05, 03:29
You sure about that? it can't be true. have you checked it thoroughly? Is it yet another notorious bug? Low con chars need this the most...
I think it's the fact that most monks and spies don't really have enough con points to spec to/above 50 in a more then 1 resist, that's when you get the "bigger" boost from the ppr. So it'd probably be better to use a moveon, seeing as you usually hit somewhere near/above 100 in health.

jini
12-10-05, 07:09
I think it's the fact that most monks and spies don't really have enough con points to spec to/above 50 in a more then 1 resist, that's when you get the "bigger" boost from the ppr. So it'd probably be better to use a moveon, seeing as you usually hit somewhere near/above 100 in health.
From older research I had concluded that these 2 are the same actually. Im gonna run neoskiler again to see if this is not true brb...

Edit: you are right, the best setup is trully movon-fh2-hvy fire a bit old news really, but what can u do...

Original monk
12-10-05, 13:08
I go for 142 APU (for FA), 84MST (for FA, so knock one off APU and MST if you just want to HL) and 68PPU (for blessed def).

i know before all the runcastfuckuppatches 142 wasnt enough to decently runcast HL witouth PA ... im curious about it now tough :) should lom of a bit once :)

and i would go for haz 1 (75ppu) ok again some points away but its a giant boost to xray wich you will need badly (but not badly enough to put in a moveon :P + F2 )

to eric: also dont listen to all our numbers and advice, yust fool around a bit till you have a hybrid that suits youre need :) being it heavy damage, use of alot of diffrent spells, high frequency on mainweapons or whatever :)

CMaster
12-10-05, 15:07
I full runcast my HL since the patches.

Original monk
12-10-05, 16:12
I full runcast my HL since the patches.

ok cool, lomtime :)

E. Cryton
12-10-05, 17:57

well, it was a few month ago when we tried it out, but there was no dmg-taken difference between ppr and no ppr on our spies. same with monks.

Original monk
12-10-05, 22:34
i came from 148 im at 145 apu now, 84 mst rest ppw and i allready start feeling the casting go's that tad littlebit less smooth :) i think i stop at 145 cause i like the lilbit of extra damage and the extra mana, dont think i go lower tough maybe even back to 146 as it seemed the border for me :) im at 96/min now and 443 damage% on a full arty HL (with 145 apu rest ppw), casting was better at 97/min tough (think 147 got me 97), didnt check in the beginning what 148 got me /min wise :)

Vae Victis
12-10-05, 23:36
So it'd probably be better to use a moveon, seeing as you usually hit somewhere near/above 100 in health.Above a certain HLT point, moveon adds basically nothing, but monks wont reach that HLT :)

Koshinn
13-10-05, 08:10
More than just me spec for DB Sanc? I thought I was the only one... :confused:

Anyway, I've been playing a hyb since ... about a year ago, so not that long... (I took a long break in between to play WoW). Anyone have pointers for me?
142 APU for FA, something mst for FA too, PPU for DB sanc, rest in ppw. Psi Core, DS, Psi attack 3, exp psi con 3. The only other interesting thing in my setup is 25 vhc and enough mc to use tsurugaoka sword.

Honestly, DB Sanc's range is like 5m. It sucks. They could still be in the rain effect, but they won't get DB'd. If you want to be uber, go for blessed deflector. Incase you hadn't noticed, I just get stuff because they're fun. DB sanc annoys people so therefore it's fun.

On a side note, you don't need a moveon/ppr in an apu hyb. People tell me I'm a blessed hyb (since I play around with psi attack2 and multi-nrg bolt a lot, rarely pull out HL) and they truely believe it for a long time.

E. Cryton
13-10-05, 09:36
well, my hyb is at 75 ppu, 143 apu, HL is on 426% which really sucks.
but i really like to have a nice con setup, so i enjoy my "new" class :>

sultana
13-10-05, 11:55
You should stick to 61 ppu for the damageboost eric, that way you only have to spec 71 ppu instead of 85, then dump the rest into whatever, and you should get a better damage % on your hl.

RogerRamjet
13-10-05, 14:05
Surely youll get a ton of % on your PPU spells due to PPW right?

paolo escobar
22-10-05, 13:42
I dont know your playing style, Eric, but try experimenting using a heavy poison/fire belts. Hvy poi gives you godlike poison resists for those melees/apus, but a bit less speed, hvy fire gives less poison (considerably less) but a lot of speed. I would use a ppr over a exp3 for a lot better resists as well.

eeerrrrrrr like pardon me for being dumb but how do belts effect ur speed?

ttorpedo
22-10-05, 18:21
when using belts u can put the skillpoints in atl.

E. Cryton
22-10-05, 20:49
but the speed gain isnt that ubar i think ...
i dont really feel a big difference between 50 ath base and 0 ath base on my apu ...

Mechanicus
31-10-05, 00:03
on my PA monk i notice a HUGE increase in speed from 6 at to 30 ath, no idea about non pa monks, probally less of an increase

RogerRamjet
31-10-05, 10:13
Rofl, i think these signatures are getting out of hand.

Blausiegel
31-10-05, 15:39
I tend to go for 50+ athletics on every char i have. It isnt that bad without
ath, but sometimes the difference in jump-heigh is also a good thing e.g. for shortcuts or escaping.
And i'm a speedmaniac after all. ;)

Regards
Blausiegel

Mechanicus
31-10-05, 16:04
the way i see it, moving is a monks no.2 defence (after shields and heal), resists come in at position no.3