PDA

View Full Version : Getting a WoC disk

ESP-Player
09-10-05, 02:17
Killed about 50 prototypes and not one disk. I've heard a rumor a while back that you must be capped in order to get a disk.. anyone know if this is true?

Kozmos
09-10-05, 02:51
Killed about 50 prototypes and not one disk. I've heard a rumor a while back that you must be capped in order to get a disk.. anyone know if this is true?

nah havent gotta be capped

are you on the second level ?

Ung.Tee
09-10-05, 03:21
You have to go on killing, and anytime you get a disk! I get 2 Woc Disk for 3-4 Hours Ceres Lab! :p

vashtyphoon78
09-10-05, 03:59
takes most people 150-200 kills to get a disc is what ive heard

jini
09-10-05, 06:31
we have kiled way more than 500 of those things. yes we were on second level and, yes they were protos. doing the same run all the time exhaust us in the end so, we quit in disgust WoC disks. We also remember once, when we have fisinshed one of those runs, and went upstairs because another team wanted to try. They did, and got a disk :eek: this is not WisdomoC its LuckoC

giga191
09-10-05, 10:09
there should be a mission for the disk "kill 30 prototypes"

jini
09-10-05, 11:54
there should be a mission for the disk "kill 30 prototypes"
not a bad idea, but not just a mission, I would suggest Either in luck OR a mission like 30-50 protos, but no more

Torq
09-10-05, 13:59
don't whine... go on killing. I ve been down there for about 3 or 4 days.... killing Prototypes for 3-4 hour a day. the last day i got 2 WoC Disk in about 1 hour.. just go on and u will find disks for sure.

jini
09-10-05, 15:29
I have already been there for more than that. I have not yet found a disk

Toxen
09-10-05, 15:43
Tbh cus the drop rate is so long, even if it was screwed up we'ed never know

Fero
09-10-05, 20:59
Drop rate needs to be increased,period.
while on subject .... woc items need to be introduced, so that people have a idea what are they wasting time for. Who cares about woc disks and overcapping if you do not use it ? More WOC stuff plz.
i got 3 chars with woc 1 req overcap. Dont care much for disks, since it gives me nothing.

rawr

Torq
09-10-05, 21:02
I have already been there for more than that. I have not yet found a disk

just keep on farming and u ll find one for sure... trust me

Asurmen Spec Op
09-10-05, 22:32
got monks?

Serious_Sam
10-10-05, 00:24
You must be persistent. I've read on here that one person got a WOC disk from the first Proto killed. Its totally random and borders on the unreasonable. But if you keep at it, you'll get one.

Seven
10-10-05, 00:37
You must be persistent. I've read on here that one person got a WOC disk from the first Proto killed. Its totally random and borders on the unreasonable. But if you keep at it, you'll get one.

It's either broken or another sledgehammer approach to a timesink. :rolleyes:

jini
10-10-05, 06:03
just keep on farming and u ll find one for sure... trust me
Why trust you torq? Who are you to trust? You are not listening to me: been there, done that already, unless something has changed and we dont know. There are some runners that simply cant accept some timesinks. Then there are others that do. I am in the ones that dont.

Kozmos
10-10-05, 06:35
waaaaaaaaaa somethings a pain in the ass to get so i want i want i want it easy to get change it now

ive got 6 WoC disks on neptune lol and nowt to do with them :) hardly spent anymore than 5 hours max in there and we got 13 disks :lol:

Morganth
10-10-05, 10:12
It's either broken or another sledgehammer approach to a timesink. :rolleyes:

Well if you play on Neptune you shouldn't complain about how long it takes to get a disk, bearing in mind the XP increase.

giga191
10-10-05, 12:08
i've got 650mil overcap psi and no disk. i feel like complaining :p

EDIT: so if anyone happens to have exactly 6 spare woc disks i could sure use them...

Freaky Fryd
10-10-05, 12:25
117 Prototypes killed and hacked and I didn't get a disc...that was enough
for me to give up.

giga191
10-10-05, 13:26
117 Prototypes killed and hacked and I didn't get a disc...that was enough
for me to give up. you were doing it all wrong. there's magic way of getting the discs

Brammers
10-10-05, 13:33
you were doing it all wrong. there's magic way of getting the discs

Care to tell us?

Brammers
10-10-05, 13:51
Slightly off topic, how much hack for the Prototype Ceres Mobs do you need?

CMaster
10-10-05, 15:30
Its around a TL90 or so hack. I've got one disk after a lot of farming. Open up new ceres labs (or the redesigned old ones) so we can have some variety please.

mehirc
10-10-05, 15:58
Care to tell us?

I can tell you.

Do you know the pay-terms (cabinets) that are in the room around the right corner? Everybody of your team has to click each twice to pay enough tribute.

After that you have to use the venture warps in there. You need exactly as many people as venture warps and each must use a different one. The trick is to warp all at the same time and to be all back at the lab within one NC-hour.

You will get a WOC-disc the following run for sure. Repeat it after each run. Good luck. :angel:

giga191
10-10-05, 16:32
Care to tell us? if I told you, I wouldn't something to pretend to know that no one else does

Seven
10-10-05, 16:38
Well if you play on Neptune you shouldn't complain about how long it takes to get a disk, bearing in mind the XP increase.

Well, I don't.

And the fact that some people get many disks in few hours and some don't get any in many hours proves that something is borked.

Many of the "new" features that were advertised are either borked in some way or not implemented at all.

That and a payment plan that refuses to take your money even if you decided to play this game with all the tedious bugs and broken features is enough for a hardy fuck you and I'm moving on to something that doesn't give me a knot in my stomach.

And they wonder why the server pops are pathetic.

[/]rant

Original monk
10-10-05, 16:45
mehirc i clicked that cabinet a million times but that cave isnt giving me no wocs :( and i always venturewarp outta there cause im to lazy to go all the way back to a genrep :)

Serious_Sam
10-10-05, 17:06
mehirc i clicked that cabinet a million times but that cave isnt giving me no wocs :( and i always venturewarp outta there cause im to lazy to go all the way back to a genrep :)

Oh my fucking God! Don't tell me you believed his mad banter!

jini
10-10-05, 18:08
I can tell you.

Do you know the pay-terms (cabinets) that are in the room around the right corner? Everybody of your team has to click each twice to pay enough tribute.

After that you have to use the venture warps in there. You need exactly as many people as venture warps and each must use a different one. The trick is to warp all at the same time and to be all back at the lab within one NC-hour.

You will get a WOC-disc the following run for sure. Repeat it after each run. Good luck. :angel:
We have done all that as well.
WE have also took as a prisoner a nearby wabbit and a titan to feed to those pesky protos.
What we havent done so far, was to access and program those terminals in that room. Each accessing a different terminal and programming some java applet (ea a different one)

@kozmos: AMAZING sig mate lol

Serious_Sam
10-10-05, 18:38
A question to all. What are the chances of the WOC items being changed into milky wrens or something of the sort in a patch?

It ocurred to me that after getting a disk, is it worth the risk of cashing it in?

Seven
10-10-05, 19:39
A question to all. What are the chances of the WOC items being changed into milky wrens or something of the sort in a patch?

It ocurred to me that after getting a disk, is it worth the risk of cashing it in?

Good point!
As if getting these things wasn't tedious enough, and then, to lose them to a bug, and not have it replaced due to the lack of the so called top of the list priority called "item tracking".

awkward silence
10-10-05, 20:32
Its impossible to get one on a PE... unfair. I need one!

Kozmos
11-10-05, 02:56
Good point!
As if getting these things wasn't tedious enough, and then, to lose them to a bug, and not have it replaced due to the lack of the so called top of the list priority called "item tracking".

item trackings in already isnt it ? thats what fucked up all the runcasting by adding extra lag a while back... or was the runcast fix to remove the item tracking ? :lol:

Seven
11-10-05, 03:25
I don't know nor do I believe anything from KK anymore.
In essence, I've given up on KK. :(

Original monk
11-10-05, 08:23
Oh my fucking God! Don't tell me you believed his mad banter!

im a bit quiet atm, im sick at home ... and no i dont believe he's mad banter cause as i told ya i always click them cabinets cause there so facinating :) and i always venturewarp outta there cause im a venturewarpwhore, its more exciting then set kill_self and you come places you havent been alot :) still the disks i got come from trading and buying, overall i spend days in there but i never seen 1 disk drop :/ the time i spend there i would of make 10 times more money on another place and buy myself the disks :)

so i yust gave up hunting there ... i got nuts when i kill the 100th prototype in a rowto find yet another piece of worthless junk .. gimme the doy3tunnels then, very exciting cause of the bezerked MK2 and practically always loot: a tech, an illegal or a bit less frequent but certainly worth it .. an ultima :)

besides i dont need a fancy xbowPE, i prefer my monkitem or riflespyitem then, maybe even heavycombattankitem ... if they would yust be introduced ;)

ok off to bed again

Riddle
11-10-05, 09:51
so i yust gave up hunting there ... i got nuts when i kill the 100th prototype in a rowto find yet another piece of worthless junk .. gimme the doy3tunnels then, very exciting cause of the bezerked MK2 and practically always loot: a tech, an illegal or a bit less frequent but certainly worth it .. an ultima :)

This is the problem tbh you get nothing for the trouble of going down there.

At least in Tunnels you get techs, slotties even if you don't get the Ultima.

What does the 127 get you ? Glass, green gland? WTF sort that loot :rolleyes:

Brammers
11-10-05, 10:25
This is probably what KK was thinking.

1. Make the mobs dam hard so players do need a team and capped/near-capped players.
2. Make the loot worthless and drop rate so low, so that players get pissed off quicker to give up hunting the mobs. This in turn means less players with WoC discs, and better balance to the world.

giga191
11-10-05, 14:35
they should at least drop some decent junk to recycle

Seven
11-10-05, 15:48
This is probably what KK was thinking.

1. Make the mobs dam hard so players do need a team and capped/near-capped players.
2. Make the loot worthless and drop rate so low, so that players get pissed off quicker to give up hunting the mobs. This in turn means less players with WoC discs, and better balance to the world.

Yeah that sounds like they way they think with everything.
And that's the biggest problem, that kind of thinking.

It leads to LESS players playing!

giga191
14-10-05, 16:19
actually, don't change the drop rate of the disks, just do so you don't have to hack the fuckers because that's what's REALLY annoying

giga191
17-10-05, 22:03
sorry to double post but: 27 hours and we finally have our first disk :) :) :)

QuakCow
17-10-05, 22:17
gratz, have you finished a book yet? ;)

giga191
18-10-05, 15:18
i've gotta get another one now, but i think that the drop rate should stay the same