PDA

View Full Version : Armor location

giga191
08-10-05, 12:20
This is going to be hard to explain. I know that if you don't have leg armor or boots armor on that your legs get taken out quicker, but does that mean that you will take A LOT more dmg than if you had just a pair of keveler boots? I'm wondering because I've got a monk who is just designed to cave all the time but he just wears a heavy poison belt. However he still takes a hell of a lot of dmg even tho he has a lot of poison resist and quite a bit of force resist. If i put on some low lvl armor, would the poison resist from my heavy fire belt be spread over my whole body?

Vae Victis
08-10-05, 12:30
poison resist from my heavy fire belt...right...

Argent
08-10-05, 12:36
you take a lot of damage, because you don't have enough force/pierce....

numb
08-10-05, 12:36
I've always thought armour just adds to your overall resists no matter what slot it's in. It may be that without boots your legs go out quicker, but isnt that just because you have less overall resist that way?

giga191
08-10-05, 14:27
...right... ok slight error.

awkward silence
08-10-05, 16:16
im wondering myself too

giga191
08-10-05, 17:50
I've always thought armour just adds to your overall resists no matter what slot it's in. It may be that without boots your legs go out quicker, but isnt that just because you have less overall resist that way? i know that all armor affects all areas of your body but i don't know if it counts for areas where you dont have any armor

Dribble Joy
08-10-05, 18:05
Afaik, armour type is irrelevant when being hit by locational weapons.

giga191
08-10-05, 18:23
Basically if i wear a poison belt, am i protect like this

Head: 0
Vest: 0
Belt: 71 poison
Trousers: 0
Boots: 0

or like this:

Head: 71 poison
Vest: 71 poison
Trousers: 71 poison
Boots: 71 poison

do I need to wear armor to make it look like the second option, or does it work without armor?

Heavyporker
08-10-05, 21:21
Doesn't look like armor segments protect their respective areas. It's just total armor #s that gets taken into consideration for damage calculations.

But would rock my pants if armor segments protected against localized damage.

Scanner Darkly
08-10-05, 21:32
But would rock my pants if armor segments protected against localized damage.

So that if you're wering VK and get shot in the chest you die really quickly? And which part of you would belts protect, leaving the rest of you unprotected?

To the OP, as has been already said, the mobs do poisona and force/piercing so as a monk not wearing armour other than your belt, your force/piercing is far from capped (even with armour it's tough to have a really good for/pir setup).

I don't see why you're making a thread about this, all you have to do is see how you do on a run with full armour and with only belt.

giga191
08-10-05, 22:12
I don't see why you're making a thread about this, all you have to do is see how you do on a run with full armour and with only belt. that means spending money and i'm a cheap mofo

QuakCow
08-10-05, 22:16
spend someone elses then :D but yea, i dont believe armor effects locational dmg

Clive tombstone
09-10-05, 10:24
Man, that would be sick, if armor was actually visible (with the exception of the PA =P) and that damage was localized, that would mean you could pick out weak points on the enemy and focus fire, man that would be awsome :D

PEace out

Lifewaster
09-10-05, 22:31
Basically if i wear a poison belt, am i protect like this

Head: 0
Vest: 0
Trousers: 0
Boots: 0

or like this:

Head: 71 poison
Vest: 71 poison
Trousers: 71 poison
Boots: 71 poison

do I need to wear armor to make it look like the second option, or does it work without armor?

It works pretty much like the second option with just needing the belt, and against pure poison damage (such as swamp caves) the belt alone would be fine.

BUT ... the chaos cave mobs do a combination of force/pierce/poison damage , not just pure poison damage, thus you are better off wearing the additional armors to improve your overall force/pierce resists.