PDA

View Full Version : I did an evil thing too...

-FN-
06-10-05, 18:59
I found a game that has PvP 24/7 and reminds me of the old days when Pluto had 600-700 people online...

And I know it's been out for years and now I'm actually pretty sad I didn't try it sooner (Damn you Neocron!!! *shakes fist*)...

Planetside: Aftershock with the Core Combat expansion

Mechs.
Tanks.
Aircrafts.
Stealthing (Predator Style)
Mechs.
Hacking.
Mines.
Turrets.
Did I mention Mechs?

http://www.synergyxr.net/images/fn/planetside/vs_bfr.jpghttp://www.synergyxr.net/images/fn/planetside/tr_bfr.jpghttp://www.synergyxr.net/images/fn/planetside/nc_bfr.jpg

7 Day Free Trial Code (http://cmt.ubisoft.fr/planetside_pcgamer/)

Installer File (http://www.greyfalcon.net/psinstall.exe)

New Trailer Released (http://movies.station.sony.com:7000/patch/web/planetside/PSIDE_640x360.wmv)

It's fast paced, it's PvP - but it's definitely missing many aspects that keep NC in my #1 position...

- Less diversity regarding Character Setup (Resists/Weapon Caps).
- No Tradeskilling.
- No PvM for when you want downtime.

If Neocron's PvP server offered Planetside-like PvP settings, it would be a true PvP server - pick your class, AutoCap with InstaLoMs, all items available at vendors... true Non-stop PvP. But then what would be the point of the other servers *shrug*

Anyway, Planetside is awesome. I was kept away from all the doomsayers... "PS is dead, PS blows, PS used to be good...". But in reality, EVERY game's ex-hardcore players seem to do that. Look at every ex-NCer :rolleyes: Don't ever base your decision on a game based on what ex players say - you really need to find out for yourself!

solling
06-10-05, 19:53
i tried it but got bored in a week and for me the lag is horrible as well

just to litttle to do but im glad to hear u like it

Terayon
06-10-05, 20:32
Ya... i realy didnt like it. So cool in theory but its not so fun. Besides all the mechanics that bug me, everything is friggin bright yellow, red, or purple.

I liked it better when i could run over people with vehicles.

nobby
06-10-05, 22:07
I got bored after 2 days...Carried on playing...got to lvl 9 then thought "why the hell am I playing this if it's boring"...
So i left it!

QuakCow
07-10-05, 01:15
what server? for that matter whats your chars name?

ive played planetside since the exclusive beta thingy and still play it today, always loved that game. i dream of it going back to the way it was in exclusive beta, really went down hill in open beta. but hey, its all good :cool:

anyways im nc, markov ...quakcow obviously

Asurmen Spec Op
07-10-05, 01:43
I used to play it, played it through beta most of retail and tried it again a few weeks ago.

Im sorry, but the game went down hill after the Lasher nerf buffs and the Big fucking robots.

Now they are so bad they need to put advertizements in game.

Im sorry, but PS didnt go in the right direction

a4nic8er
07-10-05, 03:15
On the plus side, it is a lot more stable and much less buggy than NC2. I'm having a go at it. Nice to just log on and play without such delightful side-tracking passtimes as;

I can only play for an hour, please let me log in.
Compulsory Involuntary Logout
Black & White Screensaver Mode
WTF is that where my PA should be?
Why isn't this mission working (after a month of being broken and 3 patches)

Terayon
07-10-05, 04:02
On the plus side, it is a lot more stable and much less buggy than NC2
You know you've been playing nc to much when you consider stability a bonus :p .

-FN-
07-10-05, 05:07
20 hours of gameplay and no crashes is a nice change of pace ;) Especially since I can't seem to log in most of the time these days without some sort of wacky bug :(

Regarding MMORPG, then their mod goes and closes my thread due to "trolling"... If he bothered to READ the crap he was moderating, he'd see it was NEVER supposed to be a post there, it was a "Reply To" in the planetside forums - their coldfusion code is just such complete shit, half the time I can't load the forums, can't post a reply, and can't refresh :rolleyes:

Seven
07-10-05, 05:42
Going to try it again.

vashtyphoon78
07-10-05, 06:54
hehe some people get so much lag i killed a full MAX Quaser in a infiltrator suit with a Repeater :lol: then he PMed me and said "Stoopid lag!"

Kozmos
07-10-05, 07:41
Played it for a while but yeah BFR's totally fucked it up cause it all revolves around them now really with very few now fighting inside the outposts

nobby
07-10-05, 18:15
I took down a BFR on my own you nib!

Flying in my little plane behind him...Shooting out the shield generator then i parachute out and destroy it with a few of my rockets!

...Not hard!

NiMBle
07-10-05, 18:29
Thought it looked good but then I told myself "naw fuck that, people say its laggy, my computers bad enough without raping it with PS" but now I got a nice new shiny computer so guess I'll go buy it. Along with about 5 other games I can now run smoothly.

-FN-
07-10-05, 19:00
Played it for a while but yeah BFR's totally fucked it up cause it all revolves around them now really with very few now fighting inside the outposts
Man - the number of people that complain about BFRs is just mind boggling. It sounds to me that people just didn't like the challenge of fighting BFRs because they weren't used to it, so they quit. BFRs are just another obstacle in the game. Fight BFRs with BFRs, or bombers, or stealth miners, or Heavy weapons inside their shields, or Jammer teams with Tanks, or sniper squads taking out their sheilds... BFRs just add another side of strategy to the game and I feel sorry for all the people who quit because they feel they're too powerful to overcome. I personally think they're fun to kill :p The only anti-BFR sentiment I have is that there should be a limit on how many can be out at once - seeing 5+ in a group is intimidating. But in reality, who cares? Your side should have the ability to get 5 out and go toe-to-toe.

As for fighting inside - I fight inside WAY more than I ever fight BFRs. I'd say inside 70%, outside 30%.

Asurmen Spec Op
07-10-05, 19:20
Honestly, the predator refrence to cloakers bugs me, we are so much more pwn in a can then pred.

Seven
07-10-05, 21:38
Works great. :rolleyes:

retr0n
07-10-05, 22:40

Hey, atleast it tells you something and not just

.__________________.
|"Fatal Runtime Error" |
'---------------------'
| [OK] ....................|
'---------------------'

Seven
07-10-05, 23:51
Actually I'm retarded today as it was my fault.
A simple setting in windows power management fixed the problem.

I'm liking it so far and it's a nice change to play a game that doesn't present one annoying bug after another.

I almost forgot what it's like to play with lots of people. :cool:
I'm currently going through the training tutorials which are done very well and are much needed at first.
Are these new btw, because I don't remember them when the game first came out.

QuakCow
08-10-05, 00:42
the new player/char tutorials are new, we had an offline tutorial that was accessible from launcher before, but these new ones are ingame.

on that note, did they finally fix all the bugs with those damn things? :lol:

Zefrian
08-10-05, 01:17

Well, thats an important information the program gives to you. Your CPU is able to switch between two speeds, and the program gives you the advice to force the CPU staying at maximum speed --> best running condition for the program.

Asurmen Spec Op
08-10-05, 01:28
If you think the game has little bugs, be a cloaker, there are atleast 50 MAJOR bugs that can get you killed, as well as the fact that the way grafics draw means at 50M+ if you move atall you light up

Xeno LARD
08-10-05, 01:45
Well, err. I'm doing an evil thing now.

Asurmen Spec Op
08-10-05, 01:50
Well, err. I'm doing an evil thing now.
Touching yourself isnt evil

retr0n
08-10-05, 09:43
Touching yourself isnt evil

I guess it depends on where, and with what tool.

Judge
09-10-05, 01:54
Does the free trial require a CC?

EDIT: Scratch that, I just found out it doesn't.

Seven
09-10-05, 03:08
Core Combat DOESN'T come with the trial, but you can pick it up at EBgames for $5.99.

I'm not sure if the trial will actually let you play the expansion though as I haven't installed it yet. (having to much fun with the original)

Asurmen Spec Op
09-10-05, 04:46
Core Combat DOESN'T come with the trial, but you can pick it up at EBgames for $5.99.

I'm not sure if the trial will actually let you play the expansion though as I haven't installed it yet. (having to much fun with the original)
Judge ment credit card....

and CC doesnt give jack shit, tbpfh

Kozmos
09-10-05, 07:28
Man - the number of people that complain about BFRs is just mind boggling. It sounds to me that people just didn't like the challenge of fighting BFRs because they weren't used to it, so they quit. BFRs are just another obstacle in the game. Fight BFRs with BFRs, or bombers, or stealth miners, or Heavy weapons inside their shields, or Jammer teams with Tanks, or sniper squads taking out their sheilds... BFRs just add another side of strategy to the game and I feel sorry for all the people who quit because they feel they're too powerful to overcome. I personally think they're fun to kill :p The only anti-BFR sentiment I have is that there should be a limit on how many can be out at once - seeing 5+ in a group is intimidating. But in reality, who cares? Your side should have the ability to get 5 out and go toe-to-toe.

As for fighting inside - I fight inside WAY more than I ever fight BFRs. I'd say inside 70%, outside 30%.

Ive solo'd BFR's before, but the point is its all BFR orientated now prettymuch, it doesent actually take that much work to get a BFR setup char

I played BF with FAnG, me and LEFF were a sweet magrider team, the best part about planetside though imo was the mass fights INSIDE the OP, reminded me of fighting inside TH but was like 80 a side fights, mega fun, then it slowly started dropping down, and just ended up in a mechwars style BFR fight outside with alot smaller fights inside :(

QuakCow
09-10-05, 07:54
i do hate how its become vehicles side, originaly infantry could rip every vehicle to shreds easily, but they nerfed av and it became the zergfest it is now. oh how i miss the large infantry battles with maybe a few bits of armor fielded

Asurmen Spec Op
09-10-05, 07:56
Ive solo'd BFR's before, but the point is its all BFR orientated now prettymuch, it doesent actually take that much work to get a BFR setup char

I played BF with FAnG, me and LEFF were a sweet magrider team, the best part about planetside though imo was the mass fights INSIDE the OP, reminded me of fighting inside TH but was like 80 a side fights, mega fun, then it slowly started dropping down, and just ended up in a mechwars style BFR fight outside with alot smaller fights inside :(
I dunno man, jacking a magrider from the repairing gunner/driver then mowing them and then using the vehicle to get from Scav bronze to scav gold is QUITE fun....

If only I frapsed that moment

LEFF|pm
23-10-05, 11:47
http://www.fa-gaming.com/pics/g/1114006034-4266621272e88-f.jpg

I´m still playing that game... the Mechs totally suck, but since we flame and kill them alot we managed to reduce their population a bit.
The PvP requires definitly more skill (in terms of aiming) then in Neocron, negative aspect is that teamwork is much harder and less important... you hardly have fights Outfit vs Outfit mostly its zerg vs zerg...

And because the PVP s fast, the lag problem is really a serious one. A second of lag and you are dead already... On the other hand I can play 5 hours without getting any syncs or crashes. The game itself is coded alot more professional then NC.
Another interesting thing is, that its much harder to cheat and exploit then in neocron. Ofc, some players use packetloss-tools to warp like it happend here, but the percentage of players who cheat and the possible exploits as a whole are like 5% of what I saw around here...