PDA

View Full Version : Crahn Epic Mission 4

Cyphor
06-10-05, 05:16
Just a request that the WB in gaya mine is made 100/100***,
This mission has just took me 4 goes due to bugs, mainly that as a droner with a combat rank of 90/xx i cant get the heart from it! It still gives mission complete but no parts so its pretty useless, instead it seems as a high lvl runner wanting to do the epic kk want you to spend ages lowering your rank then go to buy noob weps 70tls bellow that which you are using just to do the mission, wheres the "rp" aspect of that? And more importantly wheres the fun :confused:

Sorry just had to get that off my chest its been a pain in the ass to complete the epic this time due to bugs :(

IceStorm
06-10-05, 05:43
Just a request that the WB in gaya mine is made 100/100***How about you request they fix the drop system on the Warbot? Plenty of other Epic mobs drop their Epic parts properly when one has high rank (Malfunctioning Warbot, CA Copbot). This is the only one that is "bugged".

as a droner with a combat rank of 90/xx i cant get the heart from it! So dig out a TL20-50 drone and kill it with that? Your combat rank WILL drop if you zone/GR enough. Don't forget to drop your armor as well.

I killed the Crahn Warbot with a rank of 70/63 twice (uncapped Healing Light). No heart pieces. I killed it the third time with a rank of 57/63 (Tsunami Epic rifle). It dropped four heart pieces.

Darkana
06-10-05, 07:34
Your combat rank WILL drop if you zone/GR enough. Don't forget to drop your armor as well.No need to mess with armor or even your QB, just don't have any drone ready for start (or weapon pulled). Droners with their insane ranking have some fun getting it low, though :p

Mr Kot
06-10-05, 13:41
100/100 is a bit extreme.

The mobs drop loot when they are no lower than 25 combat ranks below yours. The highest purebreed combat rank in game is about 90, so the warbot should be at least 65/65 to drop the loot to these guys. Maybe 70/70 to be safe - still easier than normal warbots and about the same challenge as the 70/70 renegade copbot.

The bug should still be fixed tho (giving the 110/xx hybrids a chance) but i've always said the epic NPC kills should be a little more challenging. I mean, what's the point in making the reaper galopticus only 35/35 when he can be surrounded by anything up to 3 grims and their minions.

Original monk
06-10-05, 14:00
last time i did it i forgot to loot the guy in secret passage 2 ... ffcourse when you go back it doesnt drop anything :( pretty frustrating lol

Riddle
06-10-05, 14:27
Yup lower that combat rank..we all did it for epic kills ;) before the NPC's came into force.

Tesee
06-10-05, 15:57
hey guys, the epic are not supposed to be made when you are 90/60*** or so...
at this level, any epic is very easy...

numb
06-10-05, 16:18

Yeah that's true. I think that part of the epic is xx/35 or even xx/30. If the WB was made 100/100, I think with a few classes you'd have a lot of problems killing it when you are at the mission level.

Original monk
06-10-05, 16:41

the chran epic still took me some time lol, but thats indeed more cause of the genrepping/running around then from killing a mob :)

Cyphor
06-10-05, 16:41
So dig out a TL20-50 drone and kill it with that? Your combat rank WILL drop if you zone/GR enough. Don't forget to drop your armor as well.

Thats what i did, my question is why should i have to? Wheres an rp reason that you should fight with weapons your skill exceeds?

100/100 is a bit extreme

Possibly i just pulled that rank out of the air as i had to kill a few 100/100s to get to it, and Brother Angus does say that you may need to take some friends with you as is can be challenging down there; plus the story says its a near invinsible warbot...half the ranks of the norm ones O_o

i've always said the epic NPC kills should be a little more challenging. I mean, what's the point in making the reaper galopticus only 35/35 when he can be surrounded by anything up to 3 grims and their minions.

This I agree with 100% which is why i didn't see it would be much of a problem with raising the rank.

Yup lower that combat rank..we all did it for epic kills before the NPC's came into force.

Err that was an exploit of sorts people used to kill low lvl runners rather than killing someone their rank, along with the fact it was prob a created mule or someone that was being paid. That was not KKs intention.

Then how do you become a paladin? You expect runners of rank /45 to do all the epics at that lvl? The levels are for guidance of the minimum lvl required to do the mission, at that lvl they should be difficult. A 120/120 wouldn't be difficult to take down when capped, my point is a mixture that it needs to be a rank all players can do the epic and shouldn't be too easy if doing it at the minimum lvl. And lets not forget the old anti-city epic...that was a bit more of a challenge than 40/40 wbs.

Yeah that's true. I think that part of the epic is xx/35 or even xx/30. If the WB was made 100/100, I think with a few classes you'd have a lot of problems killing it when you are at the mission level.

Yes but to get down there you need to kill at least one 100/100 unless you can stealth (which at that lvl you cant for long enough) just to get to the wb so it doesnt make much difference.

Most people wait untill they can do the whole epic anyway to start it and at /45 any class should be able to take a lower lvl 3 star mob.

Mabey the pain in the ass incident has just brought it into my head but imo it just seems a little silly that epic mobs are so weak, when as stated above they are norm in places where you have to kill stronger mobs to get to them.

Original monk
06-10-05, 16:43
Then how do you become a paladin?

even when youre high rank and did all the epics it gonna be hard to become a paladin :) well you can call yourself a paladin for doing all epics but for the rest nothing changes hé :)

Cyphor
06-10-05, 16:51
even when youre high rank and did all the epics it gonna be hard to become a paladin :) well you can call yourself a paladin for doing all epics but for the rest nothing changes hé :)

Heh i never even knew they implemented paladins prop yet? :)

I was just meaning doing all the epics, and using paladin as a name to encompass the challenge as kk originally intended. :angel:

Original monk
06-10-05, 17:51
I was just meaning doing all the epics, and using paladin as a name to encompass the challenge as kk originally intended. :angel:

imo KK can still give anyone who did all epics the name or a noticable sign, maybe sumthing fro next patch as a nice extra ? :angel:

IceStorm
06-10-05, 18:23
Thats what i did, my question is why should i have to?First, I already said it's a bug. I'm giving you a work-around.

Second, you're not supposed to be doing that mission at xx/60, you're supposed to be doing it at xx/35. You should be using the appropriate drone for the mission skill rank requirement anyway.

Cyphor
06-10-05, 18:29
Second, you're not supposed to be doing that mission at xx/60, you're supposed to be doing it at xx/35. You should be using the appropriate drone for the mission skill rank requirement anyway.

a. Your not supposed to be doing that mission at rank /35, thats just the min rank you can start it at.

b. Using a lower tl wep doesnt lower your rank without abusing ingame mechanics, e.g. zoneing continuously till it drops.

ZirQ
06-10-05, 18:56
For that paladin part, there is a Thread in German Forum about it...
It was thought about implementing that, but they have dropped that Idea to avoid fac hopping, which is a very good idea in my opinion.
Because it is still a mmoRPg and you should be punished for fac hopping instead of get some kind of bonus rank or whatever.
If you leave your faction your a traitor in RP sense.
well, just IMHO

IceStorm
06-10-05, 19:22
a. Your not supposed to be doing that mission at rank /35, thats just the min rank you can start it at.If you're RPing, yes, you do it at xx/35.
b. Using a lower tl wep doesnt lower your rank without abusing ingame mechanics, e.g. zoneing continuously till it drops.That's not abusing ingame mechanics, that's convincing the server your combat rank is what it should be (yet another "bug").

The mission is intended to be done at xx/35. Because your particular combat specialization has rank calculations problems is not my problem, especially when you already know how to change your combat rank. Raising the mob's rank to 100/100 isn't a "fix".

Cyphor
06-10-05, 19:34
So to complete a mission, i should be able to do anyway, its ok that i should have to spend half an hour convincing the server to lowr my rank?

And i cant quiet grasp why you must do the epic mission at rank 35 to be rping, that is simply the minimum lvl you are allowed to do it at, your still taking part in the story at whatever lvl you do it. And if they want epics to be done by a certain lvl they would make them like the jones missions, unable to start after a certain lvl.
As i've said before the 100/100 was a number i pulled out of the air as you have to kill a 100/100 b4 you get to the wb. It would be a quick fix to the problem and would solve some rp issues i already mentioned.

As for a paladin creating faction hopping, yep i suppose it does :\ however with a lack of things to do at the high end of the game its something to try for.

Edit: @ Riddle didn't mean exploit in that way, kk wanted players to have to kill a runner of an enemy faction but instead alot of people created mules on spare accounts and lowered their rank to kill 0/2s, imo that wasn't what kk had in mind, they wanted to encourage pvp.

Riddle
06-10-05, 19:35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddle
Yup lower that combat rank..we all did it for epic kills before the NPC's came into force.

Err that was an exploit of sorts people used to kill low lvl runners rather than killing someone their rank, along with the fact it was prob a created mule or someone that was being paid. That was not KKs intention.

Not really an exploit lowering your combat rank tbh.

How else do you get a Roach or Rat trophy? you have to lower rank in order to get loot pool thats no exploit, same thing really :)

IceStorm
06-10-05, 19:39
So to complete a mission, i should be able to do anyway, its ok that i should have to spend half an hour convincing the server to lowr my rank?It's a bug. So's the Warbot not dropping for any combat rank. Your proposal is to put a band-aid on the problem and make the mission impossible for a xx/35 (well, a xx/35 without a PPU shoved up his ass).

You're not proposing a well thought-out solution, especially in light of the fact that there are known workarounds. If you had any sense you would've STARTED the Epic using a low-TL drone so by the time you got to mission 4 your rank would be at an acceptable looting level.

It's not like the Crahn epic hasn't been well-documented at nc.synergyxr.net (http://nc.synergyxr.net) for months now...

Cyphor
06-10-05, 20:06
erm i've done it b4 on other chars i just didn't think it would be a prob as i presumed it would drop the heart when it said mission complete :rolleyes:

Also if a /35 cant kill a 100/100 then the mission is already impossible for them as theres a copbot at the stairs on the way down to the wb...

IceStorm
06-10-05, 20:35
Also if a /35 cant kill a 100/100 then the mission is already impossible for them as theres a copbot at the stairs on the way down to the wb...Two classes can get past the copbot without any issues on their own (stealth). I've not played a tank so I don't know how they hold up against the 90/90's on the way. A PPU? Can't imagine a problem. APU, don't know.

Tesee
07-10-05, 15:59
What could be nice about epics :
having faction missions in Citycom following the epic that uses the same storyline.

ie for BT other mission from Grand or Hontonka

numb
08-10-05, 01:24
Two classes can get past the copbot without any issues on their own (stealth). I've not played a tank so I don't know how they hold up against the 90/90's on the way. A PPU? Can't imagine a problem. APU, don't know.

My melee tank at xx/35 got there fine. He just ran for it when he needed to. At xx/35 as a tank none of those mobs will kill you in one shot and the the way the rooms are set up (hexagonal/octagonal rooms), they dont have much time with a clear line of sight available to them.

The instructions do suggest that you take some people to help you there if you find it too difficult.

I really dont think things should be changed. Other epics have mobs rank similarly, so they'd all need to be changed aswell.

IceStorm
09-10-05, 21:50
I really dont think things should be changed. Other epics have mobs rank similarly, so they'd all need to be changed aswell.I wouldn't go that far. The Warbot should be fixed so he drops the heart part no matter what combat rank a player has, just like every other Epic mob does.

The Warbot's current rank is fine, but he's bugged. He's been bugged for ages based on conversations I had in-game while doing the Epic. His drop behavior is apparently not due to the NPC epic kill change.