PDA

View Full Version : Netcode

CMaster
05-10-05, 18:54
Its worse than ever, despite their being no patches since it was great. Anyone care to explain?
Anyway, we had a patch to fix netcode - it did it wonderfully, peoples views were accruate to withing milliseconds of the server's. Melee was insanely deadly. However, it upped synch times horribly and caused lock-ups when lots of people were around at once.
We got another patch. The lock-up went and people were shown close to where they really were, although not perfectly. Since then thought, theres been a slow trend towards more lag. Now people can clip constanly through solid objects nigh-on continually. An xbow PE can take my fully buffed hybrid down to sub-healf healt, before he comes around the corner to me. Logged in, 2 accounts, 2 computers, pings averaging around 50ms, it can take 3 seconds+ for one chars position to update correctly.

Tostino
05-10-05, 19:37
Yeah, I don't know why it got so much worse with no patches to mess it up again :confused:. But we do need a real fix for it. There is no reason that a game like this (doesn't matter that it takes more BW then other games) should have this position update lag.

giga191
05-10-05, 20:19
there was a day when all the servers went down or something went wrong, and everythings been shitty since then

Mr Kot
05-10-05, 20:24
that's right... blame the poor hamster

Clobber
05-10-05, 21:13
that's right... blame the poor hamster

How many more times will we have to go through the hamster routine :o

giga191
05-10-05, 21:43
How many more times will we have to go through the hamster routine :o KKs servers are run by hamsters. 2 more routines should do it

[PiN]Fluffy
05-10-05, 21:51
No.... KK just need Genetically Enhanced Hamsters... Or Steroids will do ;)

giga191
05-10-05, 21:54
one more hamster routine should do the trick

Riddle
06-10-05, 11:20
I too have noticed considerable problems lately, people jumping from one position to another, clipping through buildings and issues of my client indicating i'm somewhere and everyone else saying i'm somewhere else!!

Needs to be looked at tbh.

*hamster? you checked Asurmens clannies? :D

naimex
06-10-05, 11:35
Its worse than ever, despite their being no patches since it was great. Anyone care to explain?
Anyway, we had a patch to fix netcode - it did it wonderfully, peoples views were accruate to withing milliseconds of the server's. Melee was insanely deadly. However, it upped synch times horribly and caused lock-ups when lots of people were around at once.
We got another patch. The lock-up went and people were shown close to where they really were, although not perfectly. Since then thought, theres been a slow trend towards more lag. Now people can clip constanly through solid objects nigh-on continually. An xbow PE can take my fully buffed hybrid down to sub-healf healt, before he comes around the corner to me. Logged in, 2 accounts, 2 computers, pings averaging around 50ms, it can take 3 seconds+ for one chars position to update correctly.

I was just about to post the patch notes for 144/145, explaining that they HAD patched netcode, but then I read your post again, and noticed that you actually did know about it..

It started acting differently after that "fix", but I havenīt seen it change after that patch.

Brammers
06-10-05, 12:08
Ok in patch 144/145 fixed the problems with runcast on monks, but I don't know how you think melee is insanely deadly, considering I've not managed to lay one hit on you on your little raids Cmaster!

CMaster
06-10-05, 12:19
If you'd read my post, that was just for a brief time. At the moment, netcode is near-useless (works well in places where people cant get out of range, like MB zoneline, mind). I did the duel-logged test immediatley after the patch, and response was good, if not excellent. Now I am waiting mulitple seconds for the game to catch up...

Brammers
06-10-05, 14:09
Ahh yeah, sorry wasn't quite awake then. :o

Thinking about it and looking at the patch dates, I don't think I got try my MC tank in patches 144/145. So in patch 146, MC tanks are back to patch 143 status - ie They can't hit a stationary brick wall 2 cm's in front of them. O_o