PDA

View Full Version : High pingers

giga191
05-10-05, 13:28
I'm getting slightly annoyed by the fact that people with high ping see everyone walking slowly. Why should they have an advantage just because they have a shitty connection or live far away. I tried DLing stuff while playing to make my ping go high and it's so much easier to hit people. dunno if anything can be done about it though

TWOK
05-10-05, 15:53
Dunno where you're getting this from...I played NC1/2 (month or 2 before my forum reg date) on 56k until last month when I got broadband. People running slower? Maybe if you're DLing stuff and packets are getting lost or something o_O Only difference I noticed is doors open quicker for me...thats it.

giga191
05-10-05, 15:59
people's positions get updates slower so they stay in the same place for longer before gliding to where they were really supposed to be, so therefore their movement looks really smooth and predictable.

TWOK
05-10-05, 16:08
This was true when the netcode was broke, the day they fixed it (was still on 56k) I immediately noticed the difference. Honestly I see no difference. With 190 ping people still danced around at silly speeds. With 70 ping they do the same.

Original monk
05-10-05, 16:35
i dont have this problem at all tough mostly i got very stable ping .. between 30 and 40

everyone always complains i warp around the place tough, not in fights or sumthing, yust when im walking/running around o_O (had someone tell me this again 2 days ago again when i was running infront of CRP caves) on my screen everyone seems to move normal tough, once in a while when a rhino drives by a building i see em ride true the building but thats about it, and even then it doesnt happen alot ... neither do they walk slow :/ would be easy LOL :)

the guy at crp told me i was running in shocks ... shock shock shock shock and suddenly warping 10 meters further 8|

i told em it was my UBER extremely 1337 HAXX, but he didnt believe me :p think that when i would be fighting that guy that moment (who probably had crappy ping or a not so up to date system) for sure he would yell clipper, haxxer and i dunno what all :rolleyes:

but the thing you mention is kinda intresting giga, instead of having it harder they can aim easier as you move slower on there screen ? darn i should get me one of those neat 56k modems also :)

giga191
05-10-05, 16:48
there is still a problem even after they supposedly fixed the netcode

vashtyphoon78
05-10-05, 17:00
i dont know what ur smoking Giga

i get minimum constant 200 ping (i live in us) 30 FPS and i still cant hit shit m8

maybe i just suck :lol:

Terayon
05-10-05, 17:09
But wouldent it work both ways? Wouldent a 56k guy also be easier to hit?

Toxen
05-10-05, 17:11
Gotta love it when these little arguments come out of the wood work.
Firstly
Its Lag, get used to it we'll always have lag theres nothing that actually can be done about it because of the physical constraints on the universe. Oh sure you can reduce it or compensate for it but there will always be a time delay no matter how small :P.

Secondly for the come back your about to make that games like halflife2 and bf2 don't have lag.
Well yes they do they just have netcode that can compensate for lag and predict ahead of you sending info to the server and send that data to users.

Thirdly
You learn to compensate for lag, this is a skill that is hard earned though.
Just look back at games like MW3, u would have to aim an insane ammount infront of your target to actually hit it.

So deal with it or pull out ur connection and go play a Single Player Game

zii
05-10-05, 20:46
My ping averages around 290m/s, and people often see me before I see them and guess what happens next. I need a poke. :lol:

Asurmen Spec Op
05-10-05, 21:14
Yeah, but about us getting low ping makes us better?

wait till you try fighting with 1.5k ping!

giga191
05-10-05, 21:41
But wouldent it work both ways? Wouldent a 56k guy also be easier to hit? possibly, but if i wanted a fight like that i would play wow.

ESP-Player
06-10-05, 00:01
i doubt what you are talking is true..

Morganth
06-10-05, 00:34
I've heard about people that have a nice little program which slows people down for them, but I guess enough accusations have already gone in about them (and no, its not anyone in the deformed "Black Rose").

And HL2 does lag. I have my CS:S configured to have the best possible update rate etc, but I have the smoothing turned off, so what I see is people's hitboxes, not their avatar. I can assure you, there are netcode issues in HL2, because if people have dodgy rates, then your bullets won't register on them until they change their rates. So you could fire at someone at point blank range, but if they strafe to one side and back at the same time then the bullets will miss, but it will look like they passed straight through them. Fun.

zii
06-10-05, 01:07
I can honestly vouch for this high ping = crap pvp/ more work. The players don't slow down. They simply have an advantage over you (plurel) and your (plural) crap high ping. Sometime you're dead afore you know it!

Over long routes you get spikes. Then nothing happens and you realise that you've been running through a zone for the past 10 seconds. Of course you're not even conected to the server anymore. Selecting your weapon, or reloading stops working ~ That is usally a give away. Wait for five long seconds and sometimes everything comes back to life, or you are disconnected.

There is nothing KK can do about this. Its congestion and distance over the public Internet.

I have never seen runners drop to a walking speed. Instead they dance around me on steroids. :rolleyes:

whifix
06-10-05, 01:27
Move to Europe. You'll get ping times of 10-40ms, less crashes, less sync bugs, Big Ben and Amsterdam.

Stryker198
06-10-05, 01:54
i have like 300 for ping and no other players dont move slower they just warp randomly to other places its actually much harder id say. its not fair people with better internet conection are harder to hit, see it works both ways.

ESP-Player
06-10-05, 02:41
giga is complaining about people with normal pings.. IE 150-200 of hitting him too much, because he thinks he is way super fast and its only lag hurting him not the other players skill. AND giga, maybe you should try and move differently... ever think of that?

sultana
06-10-05, 05:30
I hardly think higher ping = easier to hit people.

Hell even looking at the videos Morganth, Kayne and Ppu-Psi posted they're not moving any slower then they should be. (Though Kayne had his video sped up).

vashtyphoon78
06-10-05, 05:33
I can honestly vouch for this high ping = crap pvp/ more work. The players don't slow down. They simply have an advantage over you (plurel) and your (plural) crap high ping. Sometime you're dead afore you know it!

Over long routes you get spikes. Then nothing happens and you realise that you've been running through a zone for the past 10 seconds. Of course you're not even conected to the server anymore. Selecting your weapon, or reloading stops working ~ That is usally a give away. Wait for five long seconds and sometimes everything comes back to life, or you are disconnected.

There is nothing KK can do about this. Its congestion and distance over the public Internet.

I have never seen runners drop to a walking speed. Instead they dance around me on steroids. :rolleyes:

Yes there is. they can spend a little cash (which will never happen we all know) and put some more servers around areas other than just Europe and areas over there.

sultana
06-10-05, 05:34
I think people are all for a server merge, rather then more servers. :rolleyes:

commerzgandalf
06-10-05, 11:57
i play with 56k
its right that runner stay sometimes longer on 1 spot
BUT
they even can stay behind walls so you cant aim them but they can shoot you
because they are right in front of you
sooo
its has its adventage and its disadventage

just jesterday i got shot by rava through a wall at mb suxx really

MFG
Commerz Gandalf
plz excuse bad english

giga191
06-10-05, 14:41
giga is complaining about people with normal pings.. IE 150-200 of hitting him too much, because he thinks he is way super fast and its only lag hurting him not the other players skill. AND giga, maybe you should try and move differently... ever think of that? i would consider 150-200 being quite high. And considering that i have an average ping of 45 i would say that it isn't my end. it's just annoying when people are shooting me when they are obviously facing the complete opposite direction to where i am standing. i would also like to point out that if you have bad ping AND shitty FPS, it will be hard to hit people

Breakaway
07-10-05, 14:37
ive got a fairly good pc and 1 meg broadband and get 40 ping and 45 fps but my free mem is always like 20/100 and i lag well bad, anyone know why?