PDA

View Full Version : Neocron - Number Crunching Madness

Tratos
04-10-05, 18:18
Hola,

This year as an additional A Level im doing ICT as i want an IT qualification higher than GCSE for things and such, anyway - The course is based around excell and the lovly formulas it can work out and such like.

We have to do a project and wirte up how we did it for the coursework element and i was thinking about making a Neocron skill manager so the question is where can i find all the numbers and stats which rely on and cause different effects? :p

Such as resist percentages, total point numbers of skills and things such as how many points are used over a certian point in one skill, e.g. it takes all 5 points after you reach 100 in that skill.

I guess i can get all implant and drug numbers from nc.syn, i just need the rest.

Thanks.

NiMBle
04-10-05, 18:26
Sounds fun.

Dont bother with Percentages, bullshit anyway.

naimex
04-10-05, 18:27
resist flips are near 100-104 skill

max skill resist is skill 114 = 119 armor resist

best I can say about rest of the formulaes, get hold of a skillmanager sourcecode.

Morganth
04-10-05, 18:49
The resist percentages are based on loads of tests that Smoker ran when he made his original Skillmanager. I'd work with the armour values personally.

CMaster
04-10-05, 18:54
http://neocron.ems.ru

But the problem is you will have to do extensive testing/data gathering. Simply because KK are not going to give away the formulae to ll these things.

Bishop Yutani
04-10-05, 19:28
kinda stupid that they dont give that kinda information out from the getgo.

If you play dungeons and dragons, you can calculate a range of how much damage a certain weapon does based on your skills and the stats of the weapon. Why can't we get that information? Its not like it's proprietary information like source code...

naimex
04-10-05, 19:46
they already have...

You just need to find the caps.

Look in player 2 player help under skill guides.

you will find everything there.

then you can take skillpoint timed factor, + skillpoint2 timed factor 2, + mainskill timed factor3 and then take resulted calculated skillpointvalue and time it by weapon stat and then set that up against the weapons cap, and there you have it.

EDIT: Theoretically that is, I havenīt tried test-calculating it.

[VP]Orion
04-10-05, 19:47
kinda stupid that they dont give that kinda information out from the getgo.

If you play dungeons and dragons, you can calculate a range of how much damage a certain weapon does based on your skills and the stats of the weapon. Why can't we get that information? Its not like it's proprietary information like source code...
You can bet your ass the answer is simply: They dont want runners to know. If we know for sure, it removes a large parts of gameplay and just turns it into a number crunching game. And I seriously doubt they would want that...

Bishop Yutani
04-10-05, 21:22
Naimex, i dont get it. I've seen that guide a bunch of times and read it but i guess i'm missing something.

For example, it says:

Pistol Weapon Damage:
Skill Factors involved: 0.6(60%) PC + 0.4(40%) WEP

All that this tells me is that my pistol damage is dependent on 2 stats instead of one, but it doesnt tell me that i should hit a Agressor Captain for X amount of damage and a Agressor for Y amount of damage.

The formula should be something like (Player Stats + Gun Stats) vs (Target Stats)

Even the weapon stats dont tell me anything valuable that i can tell. They all day they do 178% damage - 178 of WHAT?

Help me out here.

sultana
05-10-05, 04:31
Pistol Weapon Damage:
Skill Factors involved: 0.6(60%) PC + 0.4(40%) WEP
That means 1 point in PC will go will add .6 of a point towards capping the damage your weapon. While 1 point in wep will add .4 of a point towards capping the damage your weapon, though we don't know what the "cap" on the different weapons are yet.

When you look at your weapon stats, the top ones are the build stats, which can modded (as I figure you know). Capped at 120% (Artifact).

While the ones down below are the stats you get. On all Rifles/Pistols/Heavy Combat Weapons, damage caps at 178% and aiming at 256%. While the frequency and range are dependant on the type of weapon. Melee weapons cap damage at 178% aswell, though the aiming skill is always negative.

PPU Spells: Cap at 576% Damage/Aiming
APU Apells: Cap at 648% Damage/Aiming

These are just thing that a part of the game, which you'll get used to at some point :rolleyes:

Also, check either http://nc.synergyxr.net or http://neocron.ems.ru for the different weapon caps.

naimex
05-10-05, 05:23
aiming 267 % ;)

sultana
05-10-05, 06:11
aiming 267 % ;)
Eh yeah =/

I'll edit that.

edit: or I can't, whatever.

jini
05-10-05, 06:18
Basically what we need to know in order to max damage output of our weapons is to reach those values already indicated by sultana.
Once you do, you know instantly that you just cant have anymore juice flowing from the specific type of weapon you are testing.
The skillguide is a gross indication of what you need to raise in order to do cap your weapon. Most times this will be shown for near 90% of known factors involved. There is a small factor, this 10% and not in all cases that this is hidden so you need to assume the role of a researcher, if you want to find whats missing (again not in all cases).

What is still an unknown fact is the Rounds Per Minute a gun can output per minute basis or FPS. This you can find thru neocron.ems.ru

Other than these, there are also factors like: location and non location damage, weapon accuracy, clip size, stamina drain coming from the weapon of use, ability to hit a stealther or not, different types of damage....

All these should be taken under concideration when you want to choose one gun overr another, and also these are why you hear different opinins from different runers. All these in favor of variation

And as a last note, there is still a good proportion of weapons in which, their absolute ammo/damage values are not correctly indicated, meaning they dont do what they supposed to do

Mr Friendly
05-10-05, 06:48
resist flips are near 100-104 skill

max skill resist is skill 114 = 119 armor resist

best I can say about rest of the formulaes, get hold of a skillmanager sourcecode.

100 = 90 armor
101 = 97 armor
102 = 101 armor
103 = 103 armor
104 = 105 armor
114 = 119 armor
etc

i usually go by say 70 (points u have in con) x 0.9 = Actual armor ammount.

other than resists id say the %s are rather accurate. run speed etc

Blausiegel
05-10-05, 09:08
Some days ago i had a rather funny experience on my Tank. Out of a mood i lomed him to pistol tank, using Wyatt Earp. For testing i had 2 WEs on my side: one full artifact, the other 113/117/x/y. At 150 PC/90 Wep i looked at the stats of both guns: The artifact dmg 169% and the crappy one 163% then continued point after point in pc to see when i will actually cap the weapon.
The artifact was always a good amount of percent higher in dmg. Then i jumped from 155 PC to 156 and looked: I was sure that the artifact WE has to be capped now and it was...but surprise surprise: the other gun made a jump of about 10% and was also capped dmgwise!!!
Seems to me pretty weird i have to admit! 8|
Note: There are differences in rof so i think there is some secret in the the damagecalculations.

Regards
Blausiegel

sultana
05-10-05, 09:21
There are always small "flip points" or whatever you want to call em, where if you put a point in, you'll get a much bigger boost then normal. Like in Mr Friendlys' table, there's one at 100-101 con resist.

I'm fairly sure there's also one at 175-176 PC. Not that it matters anymore, seeing as you can cap your weapons well before then.

RogerRamjet
05-10-05, 09:35
I think im gonna find the flip point for libby and pain easer :D

lotech hybrid rifle spy ftw :D

sultana
05-10-05, 09:41
I think im gonna find the flip point for libby and pain easer :D

lotech hybrid rifle spy ftw :D
Freaky.

I'm fairly sure you could do it before the patch (that made pes able to cap a slasher and have a resist chip in) and cap both the libby and pain easer.

Maybe you could go RoG and Judge, that'd be hax and a half :eek: :D

jini
05-10-05, 11:06
Cool idea Roger, difficult to implement tho. Good thing is that SF,SA doesnt give malus to either pc or rc

RogerRamjet
05-10-05, 13:10
Im so gonna do it :D

Bugs Gunny
05-10-05, 14:00
114, 150%, 118, 90%

Those area all magical numbers.

Koshinn
07-10-05, 16:35
APU flip point is like 171 or 172 or 173 or so... you start gaining like 30% damage to holy light per point instead of 1%.