PDA

View Full Version : Oh wtf. Viable pvp weapons?

Mill Gates
04-10-05, 01:21
I try using the highest non-rare fusion pistol, and im doing 17 dmg to a PE. So what pistols are actually Viable in PVP now a-days that arent rares? And where can i get these?

Cyphor
04-10-05, 01:27
Tangent Assault Pulse Laser Pistol prob best bet, tbh though 17 isnt too bad for a tl 83 non rare lol my wyatt does the same to a well set up pe. Just got to dmg boost and hope for the best :angel:

Mill Gates
04-10-05, 01:34
wELL Im a spy...

Transformer
04-10-05, 02:37
here, stop being a pussy and use rares and just kill all the other carebears not using them and you'll never drop it.

Mill Gates
04-10-05, 02:46
I dont have rares.

EDIT: give me some

Exava
04-10-05, 02:57
transformer that avatar is SO CUTE AWWW!!!

Transformer
04-10-05, 03:12
ya, i liked it....

Cyphor
04-10-05, 03:53
wELL Im a spy...

lol ok you so you cant dmg boost, its still not a bad gun and tbh you dont really have any other options untill you get yourself a rare. Just left with hoping for the best then i guess :angel:

her.
04-10-05, 04:09
exava i love ure avatar :p

Mill Gates
04-10-05, 04:32
Ok apparently The assault pulselaser pistol pwnzzzzzzzz. Yeah, that many z's.

Terayon
04-10-05, 05:16
Ive heard good things on the tl80 napalm pistol. Never actualy tried it though. Might be worth a shot.

I doubt its as good as the tl92 assault though.

msdong
04-10-05, 06:50
all kind of rares are sold for like 350k on terra 1 or 0 slot.

not to much i think

jini
04-10-05, 07:02
best nonrare pistol is the TL92 tangent assault, but not that good solution for a spy. The spy can access the highest TL rare pistols such as the slasher (of which a cut down version is the TL92) and as he lacks DB he has no other real alternative. The PE is anoher thing..
Blacksun is also a really cool alternative, even to it has its drawbacks.

Xeno LARD
04-10-05, 07:52
Without DB, you`re better off getting a rare pistol.

Best of course would be a slasher or executioner, they do quite the same damage, the executioner is a bit harder to aim though.
Judge is quite good too, Beam of Hell completely sucks in pvp, rules pvm though due to low fire rate/high damage, high range and low ammo usage.

For non rares, try the TL 86 blacksun or the TL 83 fusion pistol. Theyre not too bad. Blacksun's piss easy to aim too.

naimex
04-10-05, 08:32
Without DB, you`re better off getting a rare pistol.

Best of course would be a slasher or executioner, they do quite the same damage, the executioner is a bit harder to aim though.
Judge is quite good too, Beam of Hell completely sucks in pvp, rules pvm though due to low fire rate/high damage, high range and low ammo usage.

For non rares, try the TL 86 blacksun or the TL 83 fusion pistol. Theyre not too bad. Blacksun's piss easy to aim too.

Slasher is evil...

Xeno LARD
04-10-05, 08:40
Slasher is evil...
Yepp, love it.
Tried using the executioner once, but i gave up as i can't hit anything with it. I'm just used to my lovely 4 slot arti slasher. :)

Also, what i don't get about the executioner, sometimes even with a fully closed reticle both shots miss. At least it looks like it, i never could confirm it.

I wish i could aim it properly, if you manage to hit a lot of shots i a row, it takes down people extremely fast. And i also love the sound and the look of it, slasher is giving me nightmares. Luckily mine is silenced, otherwise i would've gone mad already.
Piewpiewpiewpiewpiewpiewpiewpiewpiewpiewpiewpiewpiewpiepwiepwiepwiepwiepwiepwiepwiepwiepiewpiweipwei argh, i hate that sound.

Dribble Joy
04-10-05, 09:07
Back in the day, many PEs used the BS, and before everyone and their mum used DB.

RogerRamjet
04-10-05, 09:34
Also, what i don't get about the executioner, sometimes even with a fully closed reticle both shots miss. At least it looks like it, i never could confirm it.

Kinda the same with judge, theres a kind of knack to it, but once you get it you can land like every shot.

Xeno LARD
04-10-05, 10:06
Kinda the same with judge, theres a kind of knack to it, but once you get it you can land like every shot.
Can't stand the judge anymore, been using it for ages on stardust.
PiewPiew PiewPiew PiewPiew PiewPiew PiewPiew.
Its even worse than the slasher 'cause you cant silence it. :)

Anyway, i don't like the no pa judge setups. I'd rather go lowtech or non rare hitech. Cause there's no chance i
'm ever wearing that damn scuba suit again. :)

Btw, i heard chances for slots are higher on neptune, is that true? Might roll an apu hybrid then.

RogerRamjet
04-10-05, 10:09
Quiet you!

No PA judge setups are Xtreme. You see that. Xtreme with a capital X.

And dont roll a hybrid, lol.

Xeno LARD
04-10-05, 10:11
Quiet you!

No PA judge setups are Xtreme. You see that. Xtreme with a capital X.

And dont roll a hybrid, lol.
I dunno.
I've seen jesters setup but it looks so slow. My fusion pistol pe will have like 90/90 runspeed and a real fast db thanks to gaya glove and a br3 setup.

And why no hybrid? I liked hawaiian skirt. :p
Might make a tank though, it's the only class i never really played.

Dribble Joy
04-10-05, 10:13
My judge setup is 88/88..... and it's not like I'm on many drugs...

Xeno LARD
04-10-05, 10:17
But you're using PA, aren't you?

Dribble Joy
04-10-05, 10:18
Yes... but it's Camo though :p.

Xeno LARD
04-10-05, 10:20
Hehe, that one's at least a bit stylish.

But with no PA, i'd only have about 60 to 70 agl and thats just not enough.
The other setups allow me to even drive a hovertec and still not wear a PA.

Using Beast aswell on a no PA judge setup fixes the agl but i can't be arsed to use 3 drugs again. If i'd do that, i'm better off playing my pistol spy again. o_O

Dribble Joy
04-10-05, 10:22
Beast is iccky on a non HC PE, that -10 htl is nasty.

Xeno LARD
04-10-05, 10:25
Main reason i don't wanna use it. :)

jini
04-10-05, 11:04
Can't stand the judge anymore, been using it for ages on stardust.
PiewPiew PiewPiew PiewPiew PiewPiew PiewPiew.
Its even worse than the slasher 'cause you cant silence it. :)

Anyway, i don't like the no pa judge setups. I'd rather go lowtech or non rare hitech. Cause there's no chance i
'm ever wearing that damn scuba suit again. :)

Btw, i heard chances for slots are higher on neptune, is that true? Might roll an apu hybrid then.
I was exactly in the same situation as you.
In the end they convinced me to use a PA(that lobster suit) and use a judge over my trusty TL92. So there was I, using that stupid gun piw piw piwwww. After some 2-3 days the judge went back where it belongs, meaning back in gogu lol. I wonder how DJ can still stand this weapon.
Minislasher works miracles for me, but with older pc it was dropping fps, when the other one was using another burst type weapon. So I bought a new one Super duper. New is fast as hell, but it crashes every 5 mins lol. So if this is not solved in the end i will just cancel my subscription or wait for neocron evolution-revolution Xyz

Dargeshaad
04-10-05, 12:15
Hehe, that one's at least a bit stylish.

But with no PA, i'd only have about 60 to 70 agl and thats just not enough.
The other setups allow me to even drive a hovertec and still not wear a PA.

Using Beast aswell on a no PA judge setup fixes the agl but i can't be arsed to use 3 drugs again. If i'd do that, i'm better off playing my pistol spy again. o_O
Noone forces you to cap your weapons....just seems to be a trend nowadays with the new skill changes

Xeno LARD
04-10-05, 12:21
Noone forces you to cap your weapons....just seems to be a trend nowadays with the new skill changes
Hm true actually. :)
I might go and try out less p-c and more runspeed, then test out the damage i do.
Otherwise, as i said i can't stand the judge anymore. I'd rather be a non rare hightech pe, at least i'm not looking like every other PE then. o_O

Dargeshaad
04-10-05, 12:23
at least i'm not looking like every other PE then. o_O
Depends if you're playing on neptune :p

Xeno LARD
04-10-05, 12:23
Depends if you're playing on neptune :p
Will be.
Isn't everyone and his mom playing TS rifle PEs? Or whats the favored cookie cutter PE these days?

Dargeshaad
04-10-05, 12:27
Will be.
Isn't everyone and his mom playing TS rifle PEs? Or whats the favored cookie cutter PE these days?
True true, was just thinking of a non-PA non-rare using PE on neptune isn't exactly a rare sight ;)

sultana
04-10-05, 12:42
Back in the day, many PEs used the BS, and before everyone and their mum used DB.
Back in the day, everyones mom didn't have a con setup.

And seeing as I haven't logged Crunchy (on Terra) in like, half a year now (Smurf basically owns that character now). And he's now using a slasher...

And if you want poison resist, lom the resists down to 120 and the athletics to 70 then you can get 60-odd poison resist (which is easily enough).

Dribble Joy
04-10-05, 14:13
The problem is that you can get capped weapons AND lowtech resists, there's little or no scope for variation.

Njall
04-10-05, 15:10
The problem is that you can get capped weapons AND lowtech resists, there's little or no scope for variation.
When I was playing my PE, I could wear Moveon, Protochip, Viper King Armor and get a capped Judge. (but I was using TB... not sure if it's possible without this drug)

Dribble Joy
04-10-05, 15:15
Now or before patch 124?

I used to be a ppr, moveon judge user (as I am now, exact same setup). 174 PC got you 160 rpm on a judge, with 100 dex you needed about 190 PC to cap freq (when I was kami). Now I cap a judge with 172 PC and 56 wep.

Njall
04-10-05, 15:18
I didn't play since KK announced the end of Pandore.

Dribble Joy
04-10-05, 15:24
Patch 124 was around december last year.

Njall
04-10-05, 15:29
So it was after the patch 124 :D

Dribble Joy
04-10-05, 15:38
Thought so :p.

A ppr, moveon, VK setup probably wouldn't cap dmg on a judge without massive WEP skilling back then.

Vae Victis
04-10-05, 15:40
blacksun.. best nonrare.
shoot 30x without reloading :)

for teh <3

sultana
04-10-05, 15:50
Thought so :p.

A ppr, moveon, VK setup probably wouldn't cap dmg on a judge without massive WEP skilling back then.
Not even a massive Wep Lore skilling, because weapon lore didn't affect RoF on pistols.

E. Cryton
04-10-05, 15:51
Beast is iccky on a non HC PE, that -10 htl is nasty.

still got 430 hp on my pe without paratemol forte.

nabbl
04-10-05, 16:41
So one Question:

Where do i find the Tangent Assault Pulse Laser Pistol ?!

E. Cryton
04-10-05, 16:56
direct eric on neptune.

RogerRamjet
04-10-05, 17:03
Hm true actually. :)
I might go and try out less p-c and more runspeed, then test out the damage i do.
Otherwise, as i said i can't stand the judge anymore. I'd rather be a non rare hightech pe, at least i'm not looking like every other PE then. o_O

Cough, redflash, cough.

jini
04-10-05, 17:43
Eric, where in hell is this pistol now sold? It was my understanding that it was not ported to neocron 2, or am I mistaken? If yes then how does it exists in neptune? Ported in pandore from nc1 and then it was already there after the switch to neptune?

CMaster
04-10-05, 18:58
It got sold by a "temporary pulselaser vendor" in TT HQ for a while. Then he vanished, and when I saked for him toi be respawned, was told no, because it would be TT FSM "next patch"

Terayon
04-10-05, 20:29
Sultana, i think weapon lore does affect pistol frequency now. The nc2 skill guide says one point in weapon lore helps frequency by .2 .

Also my setup right now depends on it. I have about 163 P-C and im 166 rof with my executioner.

By the way with beast my h-c pe has 500hp :P. With my TPC setup i have 470. (resist changes for lack of PPR.)

Torq
04-10-05, 20:32
Imo the best nonrare Pistol is the Xbow... getting XP and cash i no problem and the WoC Disk is easily collactable...

Dargeshaad
04-10-05, 21:00
Sultana, i think weapon lore does affect pistol frequency now. The nc2 skill guide says one point in weapon lore helps frequency by .2 .

Notice his usage of the word(s) "didn't"....allthough I'm relatively sure WEP actually did effect ROF on pistols back then, I know it didn't effect rifles because I did some testing on that (ie. popping a WEP drug heh).
Nowadays WEP effects ROF on all weapons

Mr Kot
04-10-05, 22:22
blacksun.. best nonrare.

for teh <3
Agreed.

Being a ray weapon, it doesn't do locational damage so it does consistent damage no matter how much or how little health your victim has left.

Rate of fire is pretty damn good too and there are 2 lots of damage dealt per shot. Catch an unbuffed tank unawares and he's toast in not much over one clip.

Mill Gates
04-10-05, 22:25
Imo the best nonrare Pistol is the Xbow... getting XP and cash i no problem and the WoC Disk is easily collactable...

LOL the woc disk is easily gotten now?Hmm well two capped droners could do it, but ohhh you must be talking about a apu/ppu team. Yeah well, obviously they are invincible!

sultana
05-10-05, 04:08
Notice his usage of the word(s) "didn't"....allthough I'm relatively sure WEP actually did effect ROF on pistols back then, I know it didn't effect rifles because I did some testing on that (ie. popping a WEP drug heh).
Nowadays WEP effects ROF on all weapons
Eh, I swear it was only HC weapons that had Wep Lore affecting RoF.

whifix
05-10-05, 05:01
blacksun.. best nonrare.

for teh <3
Why carry only one blacksun when you can carry two for twice the fun :). I used to love carrying around one fire modded and one xray modded blacksuns. You would be able to switch back and forth to test which did the most damage or use them back to back to commit a nonstop borrage of ray nastiness.

Xeno LARD
05-10-05, 10:00
Cough, redflash, cough.
All my PE setups are based on redflash and nightspider. :lol: They're just too good not to use em...

Actually, once i'm back i have to level a new guy anyway, i'll just see what i end up using then. Difference in setups isn't that great actually, TS rifle setup compared to a hightech non rare setup is like 530 to 500 health, that's pretty much the whole difference.

RogerRamjet
05-10-05, 12:22
So how will your judge PE be slow :confused:

Njall
05-10-05, 16:20
Beast, Whiteflash and Redflash and your PE won't be slow :D (except if they changed the drugs in the last patches)

Tikuto
07-10-05, 09:58
The first time they added "rares" in NC1, with Reakktor thinking it would be a cool addition, I was really upset.

How can a rare item be rare when everyone has them, almost?
And that spinning soulcluster around them - What the fuck?

Xeno LARD
07-10-05, 10:05
Beast, Whiteflash and Redflash and your PE won't be slow :D (except if they changed the drugs in the last patches)

Whiteflash doesn't last long enough and beast sucks cause of -10 health.

So how will your judge PE be slow :confused:
Well, slow for me. I'd like to have 90/90ish runspeed. Also having 25 vhc is quite nice too, and i really can't waste points for that on a judge setup.

Decided anyways, non rare hightech pe is what i'll be. I think... ;)

RogerRamjet
07-10-05, 16:21
So when are you back? :D

Xeno LARD
07-10-05, 16:33
Uh, dunno really. Might be one week, might be 4 weeks...

Let's hope they get it done quick. :)

RogerRamjet
07-10-05, 17:16
Goddammit.

It would be quicker to come to my house and use my connection tbh.

Hint hint ;)